Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
3rdPersonPlural

Re: Orange Duce

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:45 am Remember in 2016 the smart money was betting that Trump was running for President to build his Brand and plump up his following?

He was gonna build (with other peoples money) an internet channel whereon he could pontificate as he wished and do rallies as his golf schedule permitted. It was his fantasy retirement as it actually generated formidible cash flow as long as he kept being outrageous.

I suspect he's just resisting the election in a renewed effort to polish his Brand. He is NOT going away. Who wants to bet that he won't hold a rally concurrent to the inauguration?

Bummed that no one took my bet. I need Christmas money....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... 4-run.html

"His plot to draw the attention away from inauguration day on January 20 would be a dramatic disregard for the process of a peaceful transition of power from one president to the next. This would be a marked departure from protocol with the outgoing president traditionally attending the incoming president's inauguration as part of a peaceful transition of power - a grace then-President Barack Obama and Vice President Biden both afforded Trump back in 2017. "
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:53 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:45 am Remember in 2016 the smart money was betting that Trump was running for President to build his Brand and plump up his following?

He was gonna build (with other peoples money) an internet channel whereon he could pontificate as he wished and do rallies as his golf schedule permitted. It was his fantasy retirement as it actually generated formidible cash flow as long as he kept being outrageous.

I suspect he's just resisting the election in a renewed effort to polish his Brand. He is NOT going away. Who wants to bet that he won't hold a rally concurrent to the inauguration?

"His plot to draw the attention away from inauguration day on January 20 would be a dramatic disregard for the process of a peaceful transition of power from one president to the next. This would be a marked departure from protocol with the outgoing president traditionally attending the incoming president's inauguration as part of a peaceful transition of power - a grace then-President Barack Obama and Vice President Biden both afforded Trump back in 2017. "
I think you just nailed it. I could see trump having a rally somewhere in DC on inauguration day. The fly in the ointment is that he would have to pay for it. It does sound like something trump would do.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Maria "Trump" Bartiromo's display Sunday showed exactly how irrelevant she is....sad. Respected the hell out of her when she was in her financial reporter lane.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:09 am Maria "Trump" Bartiromo's display Sunday showed exactly how irrelevant she is....sad. Respected the hell out of her when she was in her financial reporter lane.
She becomes part of the complicit horde, in the disgraceful, un-democratic escapades of this injured little boy:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/11/ ... l-endgame/

"President Trump said the other day that he’d leave office if he loses the vote of the Electoral College on December 14.

This is not the kind of assurance presidents of the United States typically need to make, but it was noteworthy given Trump’s disgraceful conduct since losing his bid for reelection to Joe Biden on November 3.

Behind in almost all the major polls, Trump stormed within a hair’s breadth in the key battlegrounds of winning reelection, and his unexpectedly robust performance helped put Republicans in a strong position for the post-Trump-presidency era. This is not nothing. But the president can’t stand to admit that he lost and so has insisted since the wee hours of Election Night that he really won — and won “by a lot.”

There are legitimate issues to consider after the 2020 vote about the security of mail-in ballots and the process of counting votes (some jurisdictions, bizarrely, take weeks to complete their initial count), but make no mistake: The chief driver of the post-election contention of the past several weeks is the petulant refusal of one man to accept the verdict of the American people. The Trump team (and much of the GOP) is working backwards, desperately trying to find something, anything to support the president’s aggrieved feelings, rather than objectively considering the evidence and reacting as warranted.

Almost nothing that the Trump team has alleged has withstood the slightest scrutiny. In particular, it’s hard to find much that is remotely true in the president’s Twitter feed these days. It is full of already-debunked claims and crackpot conspiracy theories about Dominion voting systems. Over the weekend, he repeated the charge that 1.8 million mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania were mailed out, yet 2.6 million were ultimately tallied. In a rather elementary error, this compares the number of mail-ballots requested in the primary to the number of ballots counted in the general. A straight apples-to-apples comparison finds that 1.8 million mail-in ballots were requested in the primary and 1.5 million returned, while 3.1 million ballots were requested in the general and 2.6 million returned.

Flawed and dishonest assertions like this pollute the public discourse and mislead good people who make the mistake of believing things said by the president of the United States.

Elected Republicans have generally taken the attitude that the president should be able to have his day in court. It’s his legal right to file suits, of course, but he shouldn’t pursue meritless litigation in Hail Mary attempts to get millions of votes tossed out. This is exactly what he’s been doing, it’s why reputable GOP lawyers have increasingly steered clear, and it’s why Trump has suffered defeat after defeat in court.

In its signature federal suit in Pennsylvania, the Trump team argued that it violated the equal-protection clause of the U.S. Constitution for some Pennsylvania counties to let absentee voters fix or “cure” their ballots if they contained an error while other counties didn’t. It maintained that it was another constitutional violation for Trump election observers not to be allowed in close proximity to the counting of ballots. On this basis, the Trump team sought to disqualify 1.5 million ballots and bar the certification of the Pennsylvania results or have the Pennsylvania General Assembly appoint presidential electors.

By the time the suit reached the Third Circuit, it had been whittled down to a relatively minor procedural issue (whether the Trump complaint could be amended a second time in the district court). The Trump team lost on that question, and the unanimous panel of the Third Circuit (in an opinion written by a Trump appointee) made it clear that the other claims lacked merit as well. It noted that the suit contained no evidence that Trump and Biden ballots or observers were treated differently, let alone evidence of fraud. Within reason, it is permissible for counties to have different procedures for handling ballots, and nothing forced some counties to permit voters to cure flawed absentee ballots and others to decline to do so.

Not that it mattered. The court pointed out that the suit challenged the procedures to fix absentee ballots in seven Democratic counties, which don’t even come close to having enough cured ballots to change the outcome in the state; the counties might have allowed, at most, 10,000 voters to fix their ballots, and even if every single one of them voted for Biden, that’s still far short of Biden’s 80,000-plus margin in the state.

The idea, as the Trump team stalwartly maintains, that the Supreme Court is going to take up this case and issue a game-changing ruling is fantastical. Conservative judges have consistently rejected Trump’s flailing legal appeals, and the justices are unlikely to have a different reaction.

Trump’s most reprehensible tactic has been to attempt, somewhat shamefacedly, to get local Republican officials to block the certification of votes and state legislatures to appoint Trump electors in clear violation of the public will. This has gone nowhere, thanks to the honesty and sense of duty of most of the Republicans involved, but it’s a profoundly undemocratic move that we hope no losing presidential candidate ever even thinks of again.

Getting defeated in a national election is a blow to the ego of even the most thick-skinned politicians and inevitably engenders personal feelings of bitterness and anger. What America has long expected is that losing candidates swallow those feelings and at least pretend to be gracious. If Trump’s not capable of it, he should at least stop waging war on the outcome."
a fan

Post by a fan »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:09 am Maria "Trump" Bartiromo's display Sunday showed exactly how irrelevant she is....sad. Respected the hell out of her when she was in her financial reporter lane.
I just.....it's so sad to watch folks like her and Olbermann just go right off the deep end chasing after ratings and money.

Cyndi Lauper was right all those years ago: money changes everything. ;)
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:23 am
She becomes part of the complicit horde, in the disgraceful, un-democratic escapades of this injured little boy:

(redacted)
Seacoaster, I am not a lawyer and this legal wrangling makes me nervous because sometimes crazy stuff happens.

I encountered this guy on the you tube recently, and he made me feel better informed (and thus more comfy) with the windmill tilting that Giuliani et al. are trying.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:18 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:17 pm ...with such complete detachment from reality...
it was odd. undeniably. i thought the "don't talk to me like that. I'm the POTUS..." comment was particularly telling. it sounded like the words of a man realizing he's no longer the POTUS and that he was not a good POTUS (as dictated by losing the election) when he was. just a glass of cold reality splashed in his face.
Wait until he doesn't have lock down secret security to see how he is spoken to. More importantly how many shady country sovereign fund managers suddenly are "washing their hair" evey time he calls them about business now.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:53 pm

Without the power of the office and now on the radar as something more than a circus show to really wealthy, successful and powerful people in this country I suspect he's going to find his antics, no matter how much they please his sycophants, are going to end up hauting him. Tearing down this country without the halo of Bill Barr and a repubilcan controlled congress backing him won't be stood for by a lot of decent beauracrats and adminstrators, let alone proscutors offices.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I never thought she was all that as a financial reporter. Half of them are worthless, the ones who work at or cut their teeth at Bloomberg are 100x better than CNBC raised reporters generally (David Faber being an exception but he's not really a reporter anymore).

That's why I never understood the agitation towards Stephanie Ruhle. She knew her stuff really well. Sarah Eisen was actually better on BBerg and kind of dumbed down since moving to CNBC.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:25 am
I just.....it's so sad to watch folks like her and Olbermann just go right off the deep end chasing after ratings and money.

Yes but if you manage to put a few shekels in your pocket and have a crowd of more financially insecure friends make sure to not talk about your problems to them. Even if they are very real it doesn't matter, they can't begin to understand that.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:34 am

(redacted)
Seacoaster, I am not a lawyer and this legal wrangling makes me nervous because sometimes crazy stuff happens.

I encountered this guy on the you tube recently, and he made me feel better informed (and thus more comfy) with the windmill tilting that Giuliani et al. are trying.

IANAL, but he is good. Giuliani and Powell might have better luck actually tilting at windmills...
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:09 pm

Yes but if you manage to put a few shekels in your pocket and have a crowd of more financially insecure friends make sure to not talk about your problems to them. Even if they are very real it doesn't matter, they can't begin to understand that.
For sure she mediocre - respected her for being able to break it to the boom-boom room. She was a hottie back in the day.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Even Jimmy Buffett got past "I won't make my music for money, no I'm gonna make my music for me."
CU77

Post by CU77 »

I just.....it's so sad to watch folks like her and Olbermann just go right off the deep end
Olbermann? That's some false equivalence there. Bartiromo has a prominent program on the most-watched news channel in the country, and can score a POTUS interview.

Obermann was dismissed by MSNBC a decade ago and now has a youtube channel.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:53 pm

For sure she mediocre - respected her for being able to break it to the boom-boom room. She was a hottie back in the day.
Yeah it was back when it was more relative and she's always had a bit of junk in the trunk even when she was in her 20s, but good for her. It's just evolved a lot, kind of like some (not all but too many compared with where the students are today at those programs) Columbia, Penn, Harvard, etc MBAs who have kind of lost touch and their edge over time. Some of it coming with money and success, some for other reasons.

Same with sports women reporters. Was a different threshold to be hot in 2003 than 2019.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:58 pm

Yeah it was back when it was more relative and she's always had a bit of junk in the trunk even when she was in her 20s, but good for her. It's just evolved a lot, kind of like some (not all but too many compared with where the students are today at those programs) Columbia, Penn, Harvard, etc MBAs who have kind of lost touch and their edge over time. Some of it coming with money and success, some for other reasons.

Same with sports women reporters. Was a different threshold to be hot in 2003 than 2019.
People are saying the same thing about porn stars.... :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:02 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:18 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:17 pm ...with such complete detachment from reality...
it was odd. undeniably. i thought the "don't talk to me like that. I'm the POTUS..." comment was particularly telling. it sounded like the words of a man realizing he's no longer the POTUS and that he was not a good POTUS (as dictated by losing the election) when he was. just a glass of cold reality splashed in his face.
Wait until he doesn't have lock down secret security to see how he is spoken to. More importantly how many shady country sovereign fund managers suddenly are "washing their hair" evey time he calls them about business now.
In my fantasy world, Trump would be greeted with chants of "Shame, Shame, Shame"
mgid-ao-image-mtv.com-202520.jpeg
mgid-ao-image-mtv.com-202520.jpeg (119.32 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:40 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:34 am

(redacted)

IANAL, but he is good. Giuliani and Powell might have better luck actually tilting at windmills...
IAAL, and have many many federal civil actions under my belt, and this guy does a very nice job explaining why the can of Judicial Whoop Ass has been spraying all over Rudy and Jenna. Thanks 3PP.
a fan

Post by a fan »

CU77 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:56 pm
I just.....it's so sad to watch folks like her and Olbermann just go right off the deep end
Olbermann? That's some false equivalence there. Bartiromo has a prominent program on the most-watched news channel in the country, and can score a POTUS interview.

Obermann was dismissed by MSNBC a decade ago and now has a youtube channel.
The parallel isn't viewer impact...it's starting with moderate positions, and then swinging waaaaaay out there over time.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:00 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:58 pm

People are saying the same thing about porn stars.... :lol:
Admit it, you miss those bushy forests of the 70s

Return to “POLITICS”