2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:44 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:36 pm
For MD -- to be effective, soft power must be a velvet glove covering an iron fist (to paraphrase James Baker, Trump voter). ;)
And Trump did neither the velvet nor the iron with either Putin or China.

What he did instead was----give you and your fellow TrumpFans a bunch of BS, and keep right on trading with both countries. No velvet. No iron.

So Chinese imports to the US are exploding. And Putin is STILL messing with us via the internet.

And I told you what we should do with both four years ago. You made fun.

We are further behind with both Putin and China as a result.
Be intellectually honest. You deride Trump for BS'ing his supporters, then respond with the same level of superficiality.

Nobody can undo 3 decades of selling out our industrial capacity to China. You know we can't immediately embargo trade with China. Covid showed that. All we can do is protect a core of defense essential manufacturing & extraction capabilities, & claw back whatever manufacturing we can, on the margins. So what if Putin is messing with us on the internet ? What should we do about that ? We've already got him boxed in militarily & sanctioned to the max. Give him more public scoldings which he uses to bolster his domestic approval ratings ? Do you want to see our ships & planes colliding ? Our Tech oligarchs can censor him on the internet.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:55 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:43 pm Blah, blah, blah. I want to know...
Yep. Try and blah blah blah "look, a squirrel" out of what you did to enable Trump's corruption for four years. You and millions of voters are getting your just deserts. And as I said, I hope Biden takes corruption to levels that boggle the mind.....all so I can laugh at your complaints. :lol: ;)

So nope. These aren't legit questions about government corruption post-Trump. You and your Team spent 4 years DEMANDING that media and politicians leave TrumpFamily alone to do whatever they wished. You called us all either stupid or insane for daring to want Trump's conflicts and corruption and conflicts. You called anyone who dared say negative things about Trump "the Resistance".

Oh, and PLEASE whine about how the media isn't covering this "story" as much as you like. We think it's hilarious to hear your complaints about ethics in governance.
Let's see you & Trump's critics hold Biden to the same standards & level of scrutiny you expected of Trump.

Too bad that Russia-collusion thing didn't work out. Maybe you & Schiff can convince Biden to continue investigating.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:56 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:29 pm ]Agree. I am not advocating a coup or a Resistance. A Loyal Opposition has a duty to offer constructive questioning & advice.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're going to be quite entertaining this coming year.
Yep!!!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:02 pm Let's see you & Trump's critics hold Biden to the same standards & level of scrutiny you expected of Trump.
You're being a MASSIVE partisan hypocrite. You understand that, right?

You're holding Biden to a standard you REFUSED to apply to Trump. Any time anyone here tried to hold Trump or his team of felons to ANY standard, out came not just excuses from you-----but mocking of any poster who dared to say bad things about Trump.

TDS. The Resistance. Remember how much you made fun of me with the TrumpScotland fiasco?

Wake up. You cannot possibly not understand that you did this to yourself. Now you're here literally telling us to not act like you did. You're telling us to NOT give Biden a pass the way you gave Trump a pass.

Sheesh.

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:02 pm Too bad that Russia-collusion thing didn't work out. Maybe you & Schiff can convince Biden to continue investigating.
You're soooooo far gone with this stuff.

Newsflash: It DID work out. The next President---or his men----- can't pull the same cr*p TeamTrump did without paying the price, or winding up in jail.
old salt

Post by old salt »

calourie wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:44 am
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:55 pm
calourie wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:03 pmOne last "Come on" Salty. You are going out of your way to continue to support and make false equivalancies for a man who is currently doing all he can to undermine America's belief in democratic principles and the execution of fair elections. This is a travesty, and you are certainly smart enough to know better than to continue to act as though this behavior hasn't been applied throughout his four years in office. Each to his own, I suppose, and there is no reason for you to give a rip about my point of view, but I will say it is just sad to see you fight tooth and nail to defend such an un-American abomination after all the service you have rendered this country.
Thanks for the benefit of the doubt. I smell more than one rat. Trump's opponents look good only in contrast to him. Biden deserves the same media scrutiny which Trump received, not the media tongue bath he recieved during the campaign. Trump will soon be yesterday's story. Let's see how Biden's policies toward Ukraine, Russia & China play out. Will Biden add Belarus to Ukraine & Georgia on his NATO membership dance card ? Will he follow through on Obama's promised pivot to Asia, which Trump was the only one to act upon , or will he tell us again that the Communist Chinese aren't such bad guys ? Will he defend Taiwan & stand up for the rights of Hong Kong with the same fervor he supported Ukraine ? Will he continue to pressure our NATO & Pacific allies to contribute more to our common defense ? Let's see what he does.
IMHO, we made great strides the past 4 years on the national security front. To me, that was worth putting up with Trump. Results & readiness over rhetoric & symbolism. Let's see how Putin & Xi respond to soft power & empty, soaring rhetoric, not to mention Kim & the Mullahs.
Be well.

Not sure I follow your reasoning on the national security front. Trump seems to have done a good deal of damage to our relationships with our traditional allies while at the same time the following appears to have occurred:
1. Trade deficit with China is at or near an all time high despite Trump's tariff war which many of us know is being paid by the US consumer, not China as Trump claims. Even with massive US taxpayer bailouts to US farmers the China trade war seems to be carving a sizable chunk out of the third biggest US agriculture foreign market. Meantime Trump and his family look like they continue to angle for favorable status with Xi and his cronies, Hunter Biden be damned. Don't forget to check for made in China trademarks on Trump and Trump family merchandise and products.
2. Trump is seemingly willing to concede power in the mideast to Putin, Erdogan and bin Salman, none of whom I would tend to label as staunch allies for our interests. I am not opposed to disengagement there, but it does appear to be coming at the expense of many lesser players in the area who thought we were their allies. I wonder how Israel feels about all this.
3. Interactions with Kim seem to have been more about photo ops than diplomacy.
4. Trump has made it abundantly clear on several occasions he trusts Putin more than he does our own national security experts. I have a hard time seeing that as reassuring from a national security standpoint, but perhaps you have inside information that I am lacking.
5. As far as I can surmise, Trump runs his foreign policy as he does most things, that is to say on a transactional basis, the gist of which is,if it is good for Trump it is good for the good old US of A. We should be able to do better no matter who is in office.
With respect, I disagree. Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good.
1. on trade -- see my response to afan, ^ up the page. USMCA was an overdue upgrade to NAFTA. For manufacturing, we are inextricably intertwined with China. All we can do is try to protect our IP & critical capabilities & capacities, & claw back what we can.
2. Putin, Erdogan & the House of Saud were already firmly entrenched in the ME @ 1/2017. Russia was already in Syria. Erdogan had just survived a coup in which he suspected US complicity. We finessed the situation in Syria so that we could finish off IS, hold them down & protect our Kurdish allies with a minimum of US forces & casualties. Even the abrupt "pullout" of Syria turned into a repositioning which further stabilized NE Syria & still protects our SDF allies (& their oil fields). We're still operating from our Turkish NATO base at Incirlik, having punished Erdogan by denying him the F-35 acquisition & manufacturing participation. We've strengthened our alliance with the Gulf Arab states with modest force redeployments to contain Iraq, deter their proxy terrorism, while taking out the leaders of the IRGC & IS. The Abraham accords & moving our embassy to Jerusalem were unthinkable 4 years ago.
3. Superficial face saving theater matter greatly in that part of the world. They are reassuring & a small price to pay for no nuc tests & limiting ICBM testing.
4. I watch what our forces are doing rather than stagecraft & toasts between national leaders.
5. All diplomacy is transactional. IMHO our alliances are more robust (actually, not rhetorically) & our adversaries more effectively contained & deterred than they were 4 years ago, all with minimal US casualties. I hope Biden does as well, ...in a more soothing way. The table is set for him.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:09 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:02 pm Let's see you & Trump's critics hold Biden to the same standards & level of scrutiny you expected of Trump.

You're holding Biden to a standard you REFUSED to apply to Trump. Any time anyone here tried to hold Trump or his team of felons to ANY standard, out came not just excuses from you-----but mocking of any poster who dared to say bad things about Trump.

TDS. The Resistance. Remember how much you made fun of me with the TrumpScotland fiasco?

Wake up. You cannot possibly not understand that you did this to yourself. Now you're here literally telling us to not act like you did. You're telling us to NOT give Biden a pass the way you gave Trump a pass.

Sheesh.
:lol: Calm down. I'm not calling for a Special Prosecutor or Impeachment. I just want the MSM to do their job with the same rigor they did with Trump's foreign entanglements. Biden was playing with taxpayers $$$, Trump was using OPM.

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:02 pm Too bad that Russia-collusion thing didn't work out. Maybe you & Schiff can convince Biden to continue investigating.

Newsflash: It DID work out. The next President---or his men----- can't pull the same cr*p TeamTrump did without paying the price, or winding up in jail.
The FBI & IC were not spying on or investigating the Biden campaign. Rudy & his gang were private, political operators, just like Simpson & Steele, but they didn't have a channel like the Ohr's into the DoJ. The FBI didn't pay Rudy, put their stamp on his "intel", make it IC work product, use it for warrants & leak it to the MSM.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:49 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:09 pm

Sheesh.
:lol: Calm down. I'm not calling for a Special Prosecutor or Impeachment. I just want the MSM to do their job with the same rigor they did with Trump's foreign entanglements. Biden was playing with taxpayers $$$, Trump was using OPM.

The FBI & IC were not spying on or investigating the Biden campaign. Rudy & his gang were private, political operators, just like Simpson & Steele, but they didn't have a channel like the Ohr's into the DoJ. The FBI didn't pay Rudy, put their stamp on his "intel", make it IC work product, use it for warrants & leak it to the MSM.
You are right the FBI didn’t pay Rudy.....The President of The United States of America is paying him.

😂😂😂
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:49 pm I just want the MSM to do their job with the same rigor they did with Trump's foreign entanglements
Right. I understand. You're a hypocrite. And you can't dance your way out of your hypocrisy.

You want the MSM to behave better than you did when it was corruption from Trump. It's a hilarious request, and you know it.

You gave Trump a pass. And yet you're asking that the MSM NOT give Biden a pass the way you gave Trump a pass.

Hypocrisy. Plain and simple.
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:02 pm Biden was playing with taxpayers $$$, Trump was using OPM.
:lol: Trump wasn't using taxpayers money. Right. What's next from you? Water isn't wet?

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:02 pm The FBI & IC were not spying on or investigating the Biden campaign.
Nope. Why? Wanna tell us why? Or are you going to spend four more years pretending like TeamTrump didn't bring US Intel into the tent all by themselves? ProTip: don't lie your *ss off to US intel anytime someone says "Russia".

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:02 pm Rudy & his gang were private, political operators, just like Simpson & Steele,
Right. But you keep forgetting what your complaints are: you're LIVID about the Steele Dossier, remember?

So guess what that means, since you think that Rudy and Steele were doing the same thing for their respective clients?

That means that you should be disgusted by what Rudy did. But you're not. What do you do instead?

You break out Old Salt's rolodex of RepublicanExcuses as to why what Rudy did was fine.....
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:54 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:02 pm Biden was playing with taxpayers $$$, Trump was using OPM.
:lol: Trump wasn't using taxpayers money. Right. What's next from you? Water isn't wet?
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:02 pm Rudy & his gang were private, political operators, just like Simpson & Steele,
Right. But you keep forgetting what your complaints are: you're LIVID about the Steele Dossier, remember?

So guess what that means, since you think that Rudy and Steele were doing the same thing for their respective clients?

That means that you should be disgusted by what Rudy did. But you're not. What do you do instead?

You break out Old Salt's rolodex of RepublicanExcuses as to why what Rudy did was fine.....
:lol: ...Trump was using all those taxpayer $$$ he grifted from overnighting USAF flt crews in Scotland.

Rudy was doing opposition research out in the open, begging the media to look into it.
He was asking the Ukranian govt to give him the same type of info they provided the DNC (via Chalupa) in 2016.
He did not make it FBI & IC work product. Based on Hunter's emails, some of it is proving to be true.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:31 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:54 pm

:lol: ...Trump was using all those taxpayer $$$ he grifted from overnighting USAF flt crews in Scotland.

Rudy was doing opposition research out in the open, begging the media to look into it.
He was asking the Ukranian govt to give him the same type of info they provided the DNC (via Chalupa) in 2016.
He did not make it FBI & IC work product. Based on Hunter's emails, some of it is proving to be true.
🥸🥸🥸🥸
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:31 pm :lol: ...Trump was using all those taxpayer $$$ he grifted from overnighting USAF flt crews in Scotland.
So double down, and pretend like that one transaction is the only unethical TrumpFamily grift.

And then come back at us with your piddly Hunter Biden nonsense that the freaking Trump-led FBI already looked at....and said "meh".

Difference between you and I? I called out Joe's obvious lack of ethics with Hunter's joke of a "job" when it happened.

Pity you can't make the same claim about you cheering on Trump's corruption.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:14 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:31 pm :lol: ...Trump was using all those taxpayer $$$ he grifted from overnighting USAF flt crews in Scotland.
So double down, and pretend like that one transaction is the only unethical TrumpFamily grift.

And then come back at us with your piddly Hunter Biden nonsense that the freaking Trump-led FBI already looked at....and said "meh".

Difference between you and I? I called out Joe's obvious lack of ethics with Hunter's joke of a "job" when it happened.

I predict that accounting will show that claims of Trump cashing in on his govt service are greatly overstated.
He was in the hospitality industry before he was elected. He & his family maintained their properties, charged market rates & did not expand their holdings. They offered a service for market based prices. Has any Trump family member received consulting or lobbying fees comparable to Hunter & James Biden ? Again -- I'm calling for media scrutiny, not FBI investigation. I know that's a difficult distinction for you.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:53 pm

I predict that accounting will show that claims of Trump cashing in on his govt service are greatly overstated.
He was in the hospitality industry before he was elected. He & his family maintained their properties, charged market rates & did not expand their holdings. They offered a service for market based prices. Has any Trump family member received consulting or lobbying fees comparable to Hunter & James Biden ? Again -- I'm calling for media scrutiny, not FBI investigation. I know that's a difficult distinction for you.
Dude, governments were renting rooms from Trump and not using them.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:19 pm

The hookers got lost enroute.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:27 pm

https://www.justsecurity.org/69094/time ... se-policy/
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Milwaukee County concludes its recount of the presidential election, one of two counties where Trump asked for a recount in Wisconsin.

Biden's lead, currently at about 20,500 statewide, GREW by 132 votes. Cost the Trump campaign— and donors — $3,000,000.
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:42 pm Milwaukee County concludes its recount of the presidential election, one of two counties where Trump asked for a recount in Wisconsin.

Biden's lead, currently at about 20,500 statewide, GREW by 132 votes. Cost the Trump campaign— and donors — $3,000,000.
Typical Trump deal.....pockets turned inside out.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:27 pm

There it is again.

You're unable to have an adult conversation about Trump and Republicans. You simply can't do it. Collecting no-show rent from the Chinese is serious sh*t. Particularly so when you realize that Trump (and therefore, your fellow Americans) got rolled by the Chinese in Trump's fake Trade war.

Every time anyone brings Trump's nonsense up, out comes the mockery and excuses from you....no matter the subject. You seem to think Trump is still working in Hollywood, instead of the leader of the free world....so meh, no big deal if he's an unethical POS.

The millisecond you turn your attention to anyone with a D by their name, suddenly you take on your imperious Academy grad persona, and feign seriousness over ethics in government. Rules suddenly matter. Ethics suddenly matter.

It's silly. You're better than this.

Return to “POLITICS”