All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

DocBarrister

Re: All things Trump CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:02 am About 300k "excess deaths" due to Covid as of October: 9 month period...that's going to continue to escalate.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm

Increase in average daily covid deaths runs about 22 days behind increases in daily cases. Cases doubled over the last two 22 day periods, deaths have doubled as expected, and are expected to double again from today...while cases continue to escalate fast.

Where's the peak?
Depends on how we react. Right now.
Over 175,000 new confirmed cases and over 2,000 new confirmed deaths yesterday, and that idiot Trump comes out and boasts about the stock market. :?

Trump’s complete failure in managing the coronavirus crisis is the single greatest national security failure in American history. Those of you who continue to defend this malignant moron are a disgrace to this forum.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:49 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:43 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:58 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:51 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:38 am
foreverlax wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:21 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:03 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:59 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:37 pm Whats the over and under for when democrats sh*t on Modernas vaccine like they did with Pfizers.

After all dems don't want to fix the pandemic they prefer the power its given them.
You don't believe this. Just stop.

You'll have plenty to complain about in a few short weeks when Biden arrives. You don't need to invent stuff now that Trump is leaving.
I believe it completely. Especially Cuomo

Who still denys any culpability for thousands dead in Nursing homes.
Show us the quote, in context, that has your panties in such a wad.
Do you mean the "flash dance " posters who ran with that narrative that the current administration had NOTHING to do with the funding of....

and all this time, thought nothing got past you.

(multiple threads had infotainment links, you awttat do some research before bashing people. Than, you wouldn't be you.)

https://www.amny.com/news/cuomo-hails-p ... tribution/

and

https://news.yahoo.com/cuomo-bad-news-p ... GPlIkblmZD

Zachary Evans
November 9, 2020·2 min read

Pfizer’s announcement that its coronavirus vaccine could be ready for distribution within the next two months was partially “bad news” because it comes before President Trump leaves office, New York governor Andrew Cuomo said on Monday morning.

Pfizer and BioNTech revealed on Monday that their vaccine was 90 percent effective according to preliminary data, and that they could request emergency approval from the Food and Drug Administration by the end of November. However, Governor Cuomo lamented that the announcement means the Trump administration would be in charge of vaccine distribution.

Cuomo’s popularity skyrocketed in March when New York went into lockdown to fight the pandemic. Polls have consistently shown that state residents approve of the governor’s handling of the pandemic.

!@NYGovCuomo says it’s “bad news” Pfizer’s Covid vaccine came during the Trump Admin; says he’s going to work w/ other governors to “stop” distribution “before it does damage" pic.twitter.com/ULembNWokW

— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) November 9, 2020
still never answered the question....whats the complete quote?
something like this?

https://nypost.com/2020/10/02/it-never- ... me-deaths/

for larger and more detailed quotes, you can probably pick up the book.
The NYS reported nursing home deaths are understated compared to the rest of the country. Need to be trued up.
Serious question, and inline thinking with Elon Musk, how many of the dead had one foot in the grave already, in 2020? We know that only certain TLD "types" of family members/experiences matter, but the fact remains that the one relative in my family had the death rattle in early January. (tale end of alzheimers ), only to die of "covid" a while later. His wife of over 50 years, also nurse for that duration, rolls her eyes at the "covid" on his death certificate. But, again, this fact does NOT matter. Only what infotainment sayz. Spikes my arse.....
Who knows. We all are going to go at some point. Is it 2 months earlier, 9 months earlier, 2 years earlier? Who knows. You think we (as humans) should do nothing?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:49 am Serious question, and inline thinking with Elon Musk, how many of the dead had one foot in the grave already, in 2020? We know that only certain TLD "types" of family members/experiences matter, but the fact remains that the one relative in my family had the death rattle in early January. (tale end of alzheimers ), only to die of "covid" a while later. His wife of over 50 years, also nurse for that duration, rolls her eyes at the "covid" on his death certificate.
Serious question: you DO understand that this applies to most deaths, right? That when someone in their 70's or 80's dies....and they drop the cause of death as cancer, or heart disease, or diabetes, or any number of other things? When the actual issue is simply age?

You understand that, yes? That this practice isn't exclusive to Covid, right?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:00 am ...because when YOU do it.........the ok flags are waved...
Sounds like there's something going on on this website that you don't think is OK. What's that, ABV?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:47 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:49 am Serious question, and inline thinking with Elon Musk, how many of the dead had one foot in the grave already, in 2020? We know that only certain TLD "types" of family members/experiences matter, but the fact remains that the one relative in my family had the death rattle in early January. (tale end of alzheimers ), only to die of "covid" a while later. His wife of over 50 years, also nurse for that duration, rolls her eyes at the "covid" on his death certificate.
Serious question: you DO understand that this applies to most deaths, right? That when someone in their 70's or 80's dies....and they drop the cause of death as cancer, or heart disease, or diabetes, or any number of other things? When the actual issue is simply age?

We may as well do away with medicine and push the life expectancy down to 60. That’s enough living.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:54 am

We may as well do away with medicine and push the life expectancy down to 60. That’s enough living.
https://reason.com/2020/10/22/a-new-stu ... n-the-u-s/

millions of life years is a lot. in the elderly or anyone.

the consequences of policy are also not non-existent. just one avenue, the springtime school closures only:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamane ... le/2772834

if there's a silver lining, the vaccines may not give us enough time to figure it out.

mostly hoping some real data emerges on elderly and compromised being able to receive them. and that one + of the 3 on deck are low on serious side effects so there's no real hiccups for them. wishful thinking, i know.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Our Denver mayor, after shutting down businesses this past week to slow the spread of Covid...thought it would be a bright idea to go to Houston for T'giving to visit family.

This is treasonous stuff, and inexcusable. Just low life, horrible behavior. I can't believe that a leader would be this selfish.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/heal ... 8AQBB0bVZY
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:07 pm Our Denver mayor, after shutting down businesses this past week to slow the spread of Covid...thought it would be a bright idea to go to Houston for T'giving to visit family.

This is treasonous stuff, and inexcusable. Just low life, horrible behavior. I can't believe that a leader would be this selfish.

you can't believe it? seriously?
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:07 pm Our Denver mayor, after shutting down businesses this past week to slow the spread of Covid...thought it would be a bright idea to go to Houston for T'giving to visit family.

Hopefully he is punished at the ballot box.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:20 pm

He will be by every single restaurant owner, that much is for certain.

It's astonishing to me how hard it is to find adequate----not spectacular----but simply adequate leadership in government. They can't even manage to do the bare freaking minimum anymore. SMH......
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:54 am

https://reason.com/2020/10/22/a-new-stu ... n-the-u-s/

millions of life years is a lot. in the elderly or anyone.

the consequences of policy are also not non-existent. just one avenue, the springtime school closures only:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamane ... le/2772834

if there's a silver lining, the vaccines may not give us enough time to figure it out.

mostly hoping some real data emerges on elderly and compromised being able to receive them. and that one + of the 3 on deck are low on serious side effects so there's no real hiccups for them. wishful thinking, i know.
1.4 million people have died “supposedly” from COVID-19. They already had 1 foot in the grave. If mitigation had worked for just two or three more weeks, those people were going to go anyway....sort of like the putt at the end of Caddyshack.....wait long enough and those 1.4 million people were going to go bye bye.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:23 pm

It's astonishing to me how hard it is to find adequate----not spectacular----but simply adequate leadership in government. They can't even manage to do the bare freaking minimum anymore. SMH......
If the guy was took a PCR test and drove to meet a handful of people that also just testes, I would excuse it. Getting on a plane and traveling with a mass of people, it is inexcusable. Another example of “personal irresponsibility” that some people here don’t seem to mind. I hope it’s brung up every time he is mentioned in an article....”Mayor so and so, who flew to a Thanksgiving dinner after warning the citizens of Denver against it, was caught on tape taking a bribe from a local developer”
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:42 pm

If the guy was took a PCR test and drove to meet a handful of people that also just testes, I would excuse it.
Not for me. It's about leading. Set the example. If you're going to ask your community to sacrifice? You doggone better be first in line to sacrifice yourself.

That's what this is about, imho. The headline should be "Mayor Hancock gives his plans for Thanksgiving...he's staying home like the rest of Denver Resident".

Any message other than that is a total failure to lead.....
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:52 pm

If the guy was took a PCR test and drove to meet a handful of people that also just testes, I would excuse it.
Not for me. It's about leading. Set the example. If you're going to ask your community to sacrifice? You doggone better be first in line to sacrifice yourself.

That's what this is about, imho. The headline should be "Mayor Hancock gives his plans for Thanksgiving...he's staying home like the rest of Denver Resident".

You are right. I believe leadership starts with personal sacrifice....you just can’t lead when you say one thing and do another like this. A holiday trip is a luxury. In times like these, luxuries have to wait.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

If the guy was took a PCR test and drove to meet a handful of people that also just testes, I would excuse it. Getting on a plane and traveling with a mass of people, it is inexcusable.
Agree that Hancock is an idiot. Leaders gotta lead. But there's a lot of variation in what can be safe.

For example, my kid just flew home from college last night and will be at home (since school is now closed) until some time in January.

Kid started isolating 7-10 days ago. Got tested at school before leaving. Me and wife (healthy, 60-ish) just got tested too. Turns out flying on a plane is not that dangerous -- 100% mask usage required, commercial aircraft have high through put ventilation, big time surface cleaning. There's hardly any evidence of in flight infections.

Our TG dinner will be only five people (all recently tested) in a room spaced out. Windows will be open and two HEPA filterers will be running. We all intend to keep it close to the vest after TG and (if possible) get another round of tests.

I think what we are doing is quite safe -- we approached it seriously and thoughtfully.

Anyone think I am OB on this? Or am I not walking the walk?

The other thing we considered was having a slightly larger gathering but done as a TG tailgate -- garage with doors open, driveway, fire pits, TVs with football on. I thought that would have been pretty safe too. Am I wrong?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

A big Ef U to those saying, or even implying, that Covid deaths are no big deal for those already with one foot in the grave. Feel free to private message me with your address and I’ll be happy to swing by and say that in person if I’m ever an hour’s drive within your address, and then let the chips fall where they may.

Show some humanity. Most people have co-morbidities, and many of them don’t even know it.

One of my dearest friends of over forty years passed on Monday. 63 years young. Dead within ten days of a positive test. His high school sweetheart and wife of 44 years has been asymptomatic since her positive test the same day.

Mask up. Physically distance. Wash your hands.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:52 pm

the hypocrisy that has characterized our government officials has only become more pronounced given the pandemic and all that's come about because of it.
it may be the largest factor in politics nowadays. pick any issue. covid definitely on that list, and it matters.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:24 pm A big Ef U to those saying, or even implying, that Covid deaths are no big deal for those already with one foot in the grave.
The one-foot-in-the-grave argument is nonsense. Look at the "excess deaths" statistics. This compares total deaths over a period to a baseline of the past few years. So far in 2020, there have been close to 300,000 excess deaths in the US, regardless of cause.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm

EDIT: this was already noted by Md above
Last edited by CU77 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:24 pm A big Ef U to those saying, or even implying, that Covid deaths are no big deal for those already with one foot in the grave. Feel free to private message me with your address and I’ll be happy to swing by and say that in person if I’m ever an hour’s drive within your address, and then let the chips fall where they may.

Show some humanity. Most people have co-morbidities, and many of them don’t even know it.

One of my dearest friends of over forty years passed on Monday. 63 years young. Dead within ten days of a positive test. His high school sweetheart and wife of 44 years has been asymptomatic since her positive test the same day.

Mask up. Physically distance. Wash your hands.
Very sorry to hear this, and sorry for your loss. Hope your friend's wife gets along OK.

Mask up. Physically distance. Wash your f*cking hands.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

One out of every 1,000 North Dakotans has died from COVID-19. This rate will almost certainly go much higher under current positivity rates and the aftermath of Thanksgiving. The highest positive rate is among 20-29 yo. The governor has only recently instituted a mask mandate which probably has a modest at best adherence.

Return to “POLITICS”