Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
smoova

Re: Orange Duce

Post by smoova »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:21 amTrumps up and coming legal issues will be all they need to finally wash their hands of him.
From your keyboard to God's ears.
a fan

Post by a fan »

smoova wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:33 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:21 amTrumps up and coming legal issues will be all they need to finally wash their hands of him.
Disagree: Twitter.

Trump won't go away quietly. He only knows one gear. And his followers won't go away, either.

My money is on Trump pretending like he's still President.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:37 am
smoova wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:33 amg

Trump won't go away quietly. He only knows one gear. And his followers won't go away, either.

I hope like hell you are wrong. IMO trump will have bigger problems to deal with than pretending he is the exulted leader of the republican party. They should treat trump like they did Napoleon send him to his own Island and go wander around and play golf... in exile. I hear there are great courses on Elba. ;)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Remember in 2016 the smart money was betting that Trump was running for President to build his Brand and plump up his following?

He was gonna build (with other peoples money) an internet channel whereon he could pontificate as he wished and do rallies as his golf schedule permitted. It was his fantasy retirement as it actually generated formidible cash flow as long as he kept being outrageous.

I suspect he's just resisting the election in a renewed effort to polish his Brand. He is NOT going away. Who wants to bet that he won't hold a rally concurrent to the inauguration?

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:43 am

I hope like hell you are wrong. IMO trump will have bigger problems to deal with than pretending he is the exulted leader of the republican party. They should treat trump like they did Napoleon send him to his own Island and go wander around and play golf... in exile. I hear there are great courses on Elba. ;)
But Bonaparte escaped from Elba - To make sure he stayed put they sent him to St Helena in the middle of the Atlantic off the west coast of Africa.
No golf. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trouble is today, even if he was on St Helena we'd all have to hear him every effing day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, in keeping with the DOPUS family tradition FLODOPUS just bailed on supervising holiday decorating the WH

'Outgoing First Lady Melania Trump - who once said she resented the burden of having to decorate the White House for Christmas - will skip the unveiling of this year's holiday décor. White House says: "The First Lady will not be in attendance." '

I doubt anyone with miss her. :lol: :lol:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

"there is a core group of Republicans in Congress who would trade democracy for the exercise of power and office" and "The trump republican toadies can't wait to see trump exit stage left" are not inconsistent. IMO, both are true.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:37 am Disagree: Twitter.

Can you tweet from jail?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

CU77 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:19 pm "there is a core group of Republicans in Congress who would trade democracy for the exercise of power and office" and "The trump republican toadies can't wait to see trump exit stage left" are not inconsistent. IMO, both are true.
Concur 100%.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:47 am

But Bonaparte escaped from Elba - To make sure he stayed put they sent him to St Helena in the middle of the Atlantic off the west coast of Africa.

Trouble is today, even if he was on St Helena we'd all have to hear him every effing day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, in keeping with the DOPUS family tradition FLODOPUS just bailed on supervising holiday decorating the WH

'Outgoing First Lady Melania Trump - who once said she resented the burden of having to decorate the White House for Christmas - will skip the unveiling of this year's holiday décor. White House says: "The First Lady will not be in attendance." '

Hopefully coverage of Trump is left with OAN, Parler and Breitbart (which I am proud to say I have never seen). These next four years will determine if FoxNews is a “news outlet” or something else.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:54 pm
Kismet wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:47 am

Hopefully coverage of Trump is left with OAN, Parler and Breitbart (which I am proud to say I have never seen). These next four years will determine if FoxNews is a “news outlet” or something else.
When have they been a NEWS outlet? They get further and further down the road of distortion, and even their news programs are filled with clips from the opinion side...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

He'll go away, bc no one will want to commit public/media suicide. Twitter and Facebook have already shown they will shut people down....maybe they already knew what was coming?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

I'm hoping for divine intervention.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:45 am Remember in 2016 the smart money was betting that Trump was running for President to build his Brand and plump up his following?

He was gonna build (with other peoples money) an internet channel whereon he could pontificate as he wished and do rallies as his golf schedule permitted. It was his fantasy retirement as it actually generated formidible cash flow as long as he kept being outrageous.

I suspect he's just resisting the election in a renewed effort to polish his Brand. He is NOT going away. Who wants to bet that he won't hold a rally concurrent to the inauguration?

Do you remember the book the Mouse that Roared? That is the story of trump. You go to start something believing you will never win. The damndest of things happens... you actually win... :D
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:51 pm
CU77 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:19 pm "there is a core group of Republicans in Congress who would trade democracy for the exercise of power and office" and "The trump republican toadies can't wait to see trump exit stage left" are not inconsistent. IMO, both are true.
Concur 100%.
Come on, the bona fide establishment republicans are dancing in the street knowing trump is history. They, more so than anybody else want to get back to the good old horse trading they have always done. Quid pro quo will soon be back in fashion. There will be a whole lotta back scratching going on in DC. Ahhhhh, the good old days will soon be back. :D
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:17 pm The Bigliest Loser

The sad part Dis is that the bigliest loser will still wind up fleecing his supporters out of the bigliest money imaginable. trump will be laughing all the way to the bank. I'm guessing his yacht will be parked in international waters off of the Bahamas. If there is a golf course, cable TV and a Mickey Dees what more in life could he possibly want?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:47 am what more in life could he possibly want?
Respect?

Good luck with that one, Donnie.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:47 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:47 am what more in life could he possibly want?
Respect?

Good luck with that one, Donnie.

I would be a happy camper if trump wants to live in exile on Elba. You still waiting for your pound of flesh? Your a FLP believer. What the f**k do you care about trump come 1/20/2021. What is behind you is no longer important. Bidens DOJ will be in charge of that.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

A Twitter thread on pardoning Flynn:

From attorney Andrew Laufer:
So it appears Trump may attempt to pardon Flynn. This was expected. No surprise here. We need to take a breath and understand that this will not work out for Trump or Flynn. We have already seen what Judge Sullivan has done when Barr attempted to dismiss Flynn’s prosecution

The Court said “hold on” and appointed special counsel to investigate it - Judge Gleeson, ret. - and refused to do so. This then went to the DC circuit and ultimately Judge Sullivan’s rulings not to dismiss Flynn’s prosecution was ultimately upheld.

I have the same inclination I had before that Judge Sullivan will take a similar stance to appoint special counsel - Gleeson most likely will continue - to review and probably challenged the legality of the pardon. We have also seen the beginnings of this before

Judge Amy Berman-Jackson in her acceptance of amicus briefs regarding the legality of Roger Stones’s sentence commutation due to Trump’s entanglement. A lawful power, like POTUS’s right to pardon crimes or commute sentences is enshrined in Article 1 of the construction. It is one of the most expansive powers held by POTUS. Be that as it may, a lawful power exercised for an unlawful purpose is a crime. For example, if a president is bribed to pardon a criminal, the pardon would be unlawful - fruit of an illegal act although POTUS has the power to pardon. The same holds true if POTUS conspires with another to commit a crime. He would be providing cover for his co-conspirators in evading prosecution. Further, by pardoning his co-conspirator, it also acts as a self-pardon since it would extinguish the criminal conspiracy. A pardon also causes the pardoned to plead guilty for all crimes pardoned. It also does away with their 5th amendment rights . That, in turn, would require anyone who accepts a pardon to testify about their role in any crimes pardoned if compelled to do so.

Suffice to say, if Trump issues a pardon to Flynn, it will open up a hornets nest of problems for him and Flynn. Stay strong Patriots.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:59 am A Twitter thread on pardoning Flynn:

From attorney Andrew Laufer:
So it appears Trump may attempt to pardon Flynn. This was expected. No surprise here. We need to take a breath and understand that this will not work out for Trump or Flynn. We have already seen what Judge Sullivan has done when Barr attempted to dismiss Flynn’s prosecution

The Court said “hold on” and appointed special counsel to investigate it - Judge Gleeson, ret. - and refused to do so. This then went to the DC circuit and ultimately Judge Sullivan’s rulings not to dismiss Flynn’s prosecution was ultimately upheld.

I have the same inclination I had before that Judge Sullivan will take a similar stance to appoint special counsel - Gleeson most likely will continue - to review and probably challenged the legality of the pardon. We have also seen the beginnings of this before

Judge Amy Berman-Jackson in her acceptance of amicus briefs regarding the legality of Roger Stones’s sentence commutation due to Trump’s entanglement. A lawful power, like POTUS’s right to pardon crimes or commute sentences is enshrined in Article 1 of the construction. It is one of the most expansive powers held by POTUS. Be that as it may, a lawful power exercised for an unlawful purpose is a crime. For example, if a president is bribed to pardon a criminal, the pardon would be unlawful - fruit of an illegal act although POTUS has the power to pardon. The same holds true if POTUS conspires with another to commit a crime. He would be providing cover for his co-conspirators in evading prosecution. Further, by pardoning his co-conspirator, it also acts as a self-pardon since it would extinguish the criminal conspiracy. A pardon also causes the pardoned to plead guilty for all crimes pardoned. It also does away with their 5th amendment rights . That, in turn, would require anyone who accepts a pardon to testify about their role in any crimes pardoned if compelled to do so.

Suffice to say, if Trump issues a pardon to Flynn, it will open up a hornets nest of problems for him and Flynn. Stay strong Patriots.
Interesting; thanks.

Return to “POLITICS”