Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Just drove from Baltimore to Stuart Florida.

Interesting what you see along the way, two very large Confederate flags on large poles on side of the road, presumably private property. Lots of other small Confederate flags. And lots of strip clubs.

Billboards were quite a trip too. So many...

One in South Carolina that particularly amused us: "Only God and Trump can save this country"

God can't do it alone?
And what was Trump spending campaign $ in South Carolina for anyway?

Ate some great food outside of Charleston..
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:28 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:00 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:21 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:18 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:11 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:42 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:11 pm Md and Gov Hogan excited about new appointment:

Out of more than 40 applicants, an AA woman, Amal Awad named Chief of Police on Anne Arundel County, MD.
You think Hogan couldn’t do any better?
What?! W T F are you talking about?
You have a fair point. Just playing “Devils advocate”...I should have saved it for another poster. I thought about it after I posted it. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today for some reason. Your W T F is a fair response. My fault.
No problem. :D

I'm known to have some cranky moments here too!

And to clarify, I live in MD and was excited to hear the announcement. She seems like a great candidate. Highly experienced and really beloved by all who have worked for/with her. Think it was a great hire, in the State's capital.
If Republicans reject Trumpism, you're gonna lose Hogan to a Presidential campaign in three years. Given what I've read and listened from Hogan (I don't see it all, obviously) I'd vote for him over Biden in a heartbeat.
We are unfortunately already losing him.
He's in his second term as Gov in MD, and most former Govs dont stick around for other duties in MD.
If he doesn't win the presidency, I'd love him to take a leadership role in the Republican Party. Steele did it too, but he didn't have a vision. Just a few smarmy talking points. He then found it was easier and more lucrative to be a talking head on TV.
He has certainly fought the good fight and like our wedding, there were no (bride or groom) sides.....pick a seat we are all family.

EDIT: just saw this tonight; https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/al ... Aar8PSdsPZ

Larry Hogan doesn’t like to be labeled a Republican. Speaking at Towson University last April, the Maryland governor emphatically sought to distance himself from his party. “I’m the most bipartisan governor,” he said. “I don’t even like to talk about parties. I’m a Republican, but I’m a pragmatic person looking for bipartisan solutions.”
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:19 am
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:30 am
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:02 am It gives me great hope to see these young antifa street warriors, in their yellow yoga pants w/black knee pads & rainbow sneakers, stomping fallen defenseless senior citizens. We may have a new greatest generation. Good for Pres elect Biden for condemning white supremacists.
You really need to stop these racist posts.

You do understand that condemning white supremacists is a good thing?
How about you take a break, and stop with this stuff for the Biden Administration. Calling your fellow posters racists for no reason whatsoever is both offensive, and counterproductive.

And condemning the spoiled, violent little brats in Antifa as they make problems worse instead of better ain't racist. So just stop. Hiding behind the idea that you're "fighting fascism" doesn't mean you get to do whatever the heck you want, with zero repercussions. Heck, many of these white supremacists justify their cr*p by claiming they're fighting a fascist media. So stop enabling violent behavior, willya?

So how about you turn over a new leaf with this DocB character of yours, and move in a new direction?
Why don’t you stop lecturing one of the few forum members of color around here on racism?

Some of you are pretty blind to how much racist trash gets posted on this forum.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:27 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:02 am It gives me great hope to see these young antifa street warriors, in their yellow yoga pants w/black knee pads & rainbow sneakers, stomping fallen defenseless senior citizens. We may have a new greatest generation. Good for Pres elect Biden for condemning white supremacists.

How about you take a break, and stop with this stuff for the Biden Administration. Calling your fellow posters racists for no reason whatsoever is both offensive, and counterproductive.

And condemning the spoiled, violent little brats in Antifa as they make problems worse instead of better ain't racist. So just stop. Hiding behind the idea that you're "fighting fascism" doesn't mean you get to do whatever the heck you want, with zero repercussions. Heck, many of these white supremacists justify their cr*p by claiming they're fighting a fascist media. So stop enabling violent behavior, willya?

So how about you turn over a new leaf with this DocB character of yours, and move in a new direction?
Why don’t you stop lecturing one of the few forum members of color around here on racism?
Or.....keep right on doing what you're doing, whatever floats your boat. There isn't one single word mentioning race in the post you attacked....outside of praising Biden for condemning white supremacists.

You and I both know when you yell racism no matter the topic----folks eventually tune you out, which defeats the purpose of actually trying to fix the problem.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:45 pm

Or.....keep right on doing what you're doing, whatever floats your boat. There isn't one single word mentioning race in the post you attacked....outside of praising Biden for condemning white supremacists.

You and I both know when you yell racism no matter the topic----folks eventually tune you out, which defeats the purpose of actually trying to fix the problem.
You can’t read if you took old salt’s “praise” of Biden’s condemnation of white supremacists at face value.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:02 pm

You can’t read if you took old salt’s “praise” of Biden’s condemnation of white supremacists at face value.

DocBarrister
That's one way to read it. The problem is that If you think that was sarcastic on OS's part, the reason for that sarcasm is Biden has not only said racist things in the past----he's signed on to racist policies in the past. And the Dem block gives him a pass for it.

I'm pretty sure you don't give Biden a pass for the racist garbage that's come out of his mouth in the past. I know I don't. It's yet another reason I don't like the man.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Race in America on ’90s sitcoms: How they addressed it then:

https://www.al.com/life/2020/11/race-in ... -then.html
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I guess this proves Kamala Harris is black.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/20/us/michi ... index.html
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DocBarrister

Only checking in here every so often...got a life to live, and incoming usurious Democratic tax rates to beat back to save this country, again!

Anyway, am gonna post about Kyle Rittenhouse, but I saw these screeds from DocB and it could not go unmentioned that America has now voted in a black President for two terms, and a black female as VP, but DocB can not stand the racism in this country! We also now have a few black Republican congressmen! And Oprah. And Michael Jordan, billionaire "Geography Major" graduate of UNC.

Man, for such a racist country, we sure do the exact opposite of that, don't we!?!?

:lol: :lol:

(btw, the only racism I ever see is from self-entitled progressives who have enslaved generations of blacks in Democratic cities with crapola policies, further subjugating same by embracing teacher's unions over black parents and kids as they deny school choice for union campaign funds...but we all know the drill, just thought I'd lay some truth bombs behind me)
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:51 am

DocBarrister

Only checking in here every so often...got a life to live, and incoming usurious Democratic tax rates to beat back to save this country, again!

Anyway, am gonna post about Kyle Rittenhouse, but I saw these screeds from DocB and it could not go unmentioned that America has now voted in a black President for two terms, and a black female as VP, but DocB can not stand the racism in this country! We also now have a few black Republican congressmen! And Oprah. And Michael Jordan, billionaire "Geography Major" graduate of UNC.

Man, for such a racist country, we sure do the exact opposite of that, don't we!?!?

:lol: :lol:

(btw, the only racism I ever see is from self-entitled progressives who have enslaved generations of blacks in Democratic cities with crapola policies, further subjugating same by embracing teacher's unions over black parents and kids as they deny school choice for union campaign funds...but we all know the drill, just thought I'd lay some truth bombs behind me)
Don’t let dad catch you back in his account. Have a Happy Thanksgiving
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

One of this country's most recent true heroes, Kyle Rittenhouse, was released on a $2mm cash bail yesterday.

To back up, as you know, Kyle shot and murdered two low-life thugs who were intent on killing him first. One of the thugs had been imprisoned for 12 hard years at an Arizona max, for raping 5 boys between the ages of 9 and 11; apparently this qualifies you as a hero to the Democratic Party. The other thug had been arrested multiple times for many offenses, none so egregious as beating his girlfriends to bloody pulps multiple times.

Had Kyle laid down his weapon, each of these thugs surely would have killed him first; they were juicing on the high of the nighttime mob, bloodlust and rage wrapped in a few hundred pounds of idiocy with nothing left to lose, maniacally chasing down a 17 year old boy on a darkened street. There is no worse situation than what Rittenhouse faced.

During the day, Kyle was washing graffiti off of buildings; at night he had offered his medical kit to Antifa and BLM. Then the nighttime thugs came calling.

Kyle removed two permanent stains on America, for which every single last one of you ought to be grateful.

Many American patriots came together over the last few weeks to raise the necessary cash to get Kyle out of whatever he!!-hole he was stuck in. His defense fund is considerable. I believe the Wisconsin juries will ultimately find him guilty on some bs pennyante charge; if they go any further than that, the next governor of Illinois will not be a morbidly obese trust fund louche like Pritzker, but an honest to god American patriot whose first move will be to pardon Kyle Rittenhouse.

Glad to see it.

Carry on.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Uh, Pete. The governor of Illinois can’t pardon Rittenhouse for any crimes he committed in Wisconsin.

Carry on.
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:17 am Uh, Pete. The governor of Illinois can’t pardon Rittenhouse for any crimes he committed in Wisconsin.

Carry on.
Pete has fully recovered!! Back to being Petey!! Welcome Home Bandito....we missed you!
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:23 am
njbill wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:17 am Uh, Pete. The governor of Illinois can’t pardon Rittenhouse for any crimes he committed in Wisconsin.

Carry on.
Pete has fully recovered!! Back to being Petey!! Welcome Home Bandito....we missed you!
C'mon - he is an R of the type that would label the upper peninsula of MI as part of Canada (yes that actually happened in the last two days...)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister
Anyone who’s married knows sometimes being right isn’t right
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:26 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:23 am

Carry on.
C'mon - he is an R of the type that would label the upper peninsula of MI as part of Canada (yes that actually happened in the last two days...)
It’s not? I figured if you’re far enough up it’s just Canada south. Same with Canton Ny w St Lawrence College is
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Left Wing groups clash with Trump supporters and then the Proud Boys. Opposite sides of the same coin. All disgraceful.

https://thepostmillennial.com/riot-poli ... anta-rally
Hundreds of Trump supporters gathered outside the CNN headquarters building in Atlanta, Saturday morning, to protest the mainstream media and the radical left. The demonstration later moved to Atlanta City Hall to continue.

Left-wing counter protesters, including Black Lives Matter, Antifa, and assorted left-wing armed militia groups formed a protest line opposite to the crowd of Trump supporters including right-wing militia. Independent journalist Brendan Gutenschwager captured footage of the scene developing outside of Atlanta City Hall.
Oldbarndog

Post by Oldbarndog »

"Don’t let dad catch you back in his account. Have a Happy Thanksgiving."

🤪🤪🤪 Classic! PB, sincerely glad you're ok. BTW: We couldn't be looking at things more differently.
"Dear Naps. Sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:37 pm Left Wing groups clash with Trump supporters and then the Proud Boys. Opposite sides of the same coin. All disgraceful.

https://thepostmillennial.com/riot-poli ... anta-rally
Hundreds of Trump supporters gathered outside the CNN headquarters building in Atlanta, Saturday morning, to protest the mainstream media and the radical left. The demonstration later moved to Atlanta City Hall to continue.

Left-wing counter protesters, including Black Lives Matter, Antifa, and assorted left-wing armed militia groups formed a protest line opposite to the crowd of Trump supporters including right-wing militia. Independent journalist Brendan Gutenschwager captured footage of the scene developing outside of Atlanta City Hall.
But let’s be honest, it would be pretty funny if the fighting AOCs put it on those toolshed Boys that claim Pride. Some effete leftist yelling “oh sh*t, we’ve got a runner,let’s stomp his a**! Come on Theys, let’s go get this Cis!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

And the video is finally made public...

https://www.propublica.org/article/it-w ... 12-seconds

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15