2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Chousnake

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by Chousnake »

Biden wins Georgia - for the third time.............

Now let's see what Kemp does. He claims he will certify it tomorrow, when Biden will win the state for the 4th time.

I've been following elections for a long time - since 1964 - and I've never seen anything like this. 2000 is not a comparator. There was an issue with the ballots in one state concerning a few hundred votes that decided the election then. What Trump is doing and the GOP is spinelessly enabling is outrageous, dangerous, and one of the most undemocratic, unpatriotic things I've ever witnessed.

This is expected from a sociopathic narcissist like Trump. What is the GOP's excuse? Even Goldwater had the balls to tell Nixon it was time to go, and that was a midterm resignation. This is a clearly lost election(!) where in the past, power has transferred virtually seamlessly for 150 years and now nobody in the GOP leadership has the balls, the concern for country over party or self, or the simple vision to see the damage this manufactured dispute is doing to this country on so many levels.

For decades minority and urban voters have been disenfranchised with NO evidence of voter fraud or impropriety. Now the Trumpians lose an election that everyone expected Trump to lose and we get this charade that is poisoning the minds of 70 million voters and people somehow think this is a process or that it is ok? Can you imagine if the shoe were on the other foot? There would be an incredible howling from the right about how Democrats and liberals "hate" America. Remember the allegation four years ago that Democrats were "snowflakes" for complaining about the Trump win? What does the last 17 days say about the right? Spineless selfish power-hungry unpatriotic whiny ..... Trump would rather ruin the country than lose gracefully and that is a horrendously selfish and narcissistic act that the GOP again is enabling. It's been clear since the 1980s that Trump was a horrible human being who only cared about himself. But the rest of the country? All this in the middle of the greatest crisis this country has endured in 60+ years. Unbelievable!! :evil:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:25 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:07 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:01 am
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:00 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:23 am
wgdsr wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:15 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:46 pm
3. demonstrate the vulnerability of universal unsolicited mail-in voting for future elections
Colorado just finished its fourth federal election with universal unsolicited mail in voting. Here's what the evidence from that demonstrates:

It works awesome.

Gold standard for voting in the USA.

Voters of both parties love it.

Increases turnout.

Saves money.

Highly secure.

Results available within minutes (assuming you start counting when ballots arrive).

TL/DR: You are a vote-supressing partisan hack afraid of the voters if you think there's a reason to oppose this.

https://thefulcrum.us/colorado-vote-by-mail
was all for the rules and regs set up by colo when you posted them. read it thru.

what we're seeing now was really difficult to predict given all the states doing a back and forth on the fly leading up to election month and not exactly doing a colorado facsimile. and of course, the duce.
A lit of decisions are made on the fly.....the states modifying their mail-in voting program in the face of a pandemic prove to be a win win..... how about a round of applause for American Ingenuity....we have tha “Can Do” spirit......support your new President. Voter suppression is for losers.
Again , my words : 3. demonstrate the vulnerability of universal unsolicited mail-in voting for future elections
were my specific answer to calourie as to what I think GOP leadership is trying to accomplish.

My personal preference, posted repeatedly, has been to use this election as a lab experiment to refine the mail in process going forward, reducing the opportunity for error & fraud. Refusing to do an autopsy in each state fails to take advantage of the unique opportunity this election presents.

Biden won. Fear of diminishing that victory should not deter us from finding counting errors or fraud in this election, correcting the final tally & taking steps to prevent them next election. Most states don't have CO's years of experience with universal mail in voting.

That's why it's important to take advantage of this unique high turn out opportunity to conduct an autopsy.
Again all sorts of loaded words. Who is "refusing to do an autopsy"?

Do you mean a review, not "autopsy? The latter implies a crime, the former does not.

Reviews are done regularly, and surely they will be done in each state with any issues observed.

Are you including in your "autopsy" a review of decisions like closing polling stations in dense areas, limiting drop boxes in dense areas? Lawsuits to not allow the count of validly cast ballots?

Who says there's a 'fear' of anything? Much less diminishing Biden's win...

We know who says there was "fraud" :roll: ...but no actual evidence such occurred, certainly not in any sort of systematic or widespread sense. so, why suggest otherwise yet again?
Cap’n MAGA chose those words specifically.
Again, I was giving what I think is the perspective & priorities of the GOP. As usual, you add excessive hyperbole which I did not post.

Again, I was answering calourie's specific question, not replying to tweedle-dee & tweedle-dumb's reflexive hectoring.
You chose the words.
I chose none of these words which the hyperbole king attempted to attribute to me :

Do you mean a review, not "autopsy? The latter implies a crime, the former does not.

Reviews are done regularly, and surely they will be done in each state with any issues observed.

Are you including in your "autopsy" a review of decisions like closing polling stations in dense areas, limiting drop boxes in dense areas? Lawsuits to not allow the count of validly cast ballots?

We know who says there was "fraud" :roll: ...but no actual evidence such occurred, certainly not in any sort of systematic or widespread sense. so, why suggest otherwise yet again
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:45 pm
3. demonstrate the vulnerability of universal unsolicited mail-in voting for future elections
Colorado just finished its fourth federal election with universal unsolicited mail in voting. Here's what the evidence from that demonstrates:

It works awesome.

Increases turnout.

Saves money.

Highly secure.

Results available within minutes (assuming you start counting when ballots arrive).

TL/DR: You are a vote-supressing partisan hack afraid of the voters if you think there's a reason to oppose this.

was all for the rules and regs set up by colo when you posted them. read it thru.

what we're seeing now was really difficult to predict given all the states doing a back and forth on the fly leading up to election month and not exactly doing a colorado facsimile. and of course, the duce.
A lit of decisions are made on the fly.....the states modifying their mail-in voting program in the face of a pandemic prove to be a win win..... how about a round of applause for American Ingenuity....we have tha “Can Do” spirit......support your new President. Voter suppression is for losers.
Again , my words : 3. demonstrate the vulnerability of universal unsolicited mail-in voting for future elections
were my specific answer to calourie as to what I think GOP leadership is trying to accomplish.

My personal preference, posted repeatedly, has been to use this election as a lab experiment to refine the mail in process going forward, reducing the opportunity for error & fraud. Refusing to do an autopsy in each state fails to take advantage of the unique opportunity this election presents.

Biden won. Fear of diminishing that victory should not deter us from finding counting errors or fraud in this election, correcting the final tally & taking steps to prevent them next election. Most states don't have CO's years of experience with universal mail in voting.

That's why it's important to take advantage of this unique high turn out opportunity to conduct an autopsy.

We know who says there was "fraud" :roll: ...but no actual evidence such occurred, certainly not in any sort of systematic or widespread sense. so, why suggest otherwise yet again?
Again, I was giving what I think is the perspective & priorities of the GOP. As usual, you add excessive hyperbole which I did not post.

Again, I was answering calourie's specific question, not replying to tweedle-dee & tweedle-dumb's reflexive hectoring.
You chose the words.
I chose none of these words which the hyperbole king attempted to attribute to me :

We know who says there was "fraud" :roll: ...but no actual evidence such occurred, certainly not in any sort of systematic or widespread sense. so, why suggest otherwise yet again
I know what your words were and “hyperbole” was Race War....
;)
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:55 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:06 pm They were doing their assigned duty. Not signing off until gross number discrepancies were accounted for.
Yet for some mysterious reason they happily signed off on essentially the same level of discrepancies in 2016. Gee, what was different then?
Got a link with details on that ? Any difference in turnout 2016 to 2020. ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:57 pm
;)
It won't be hyperbole if it happens.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... a-race-war
https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/s ... acewar.htm
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:09 pm
;)
You “own’ top of it
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:23 pm
;)
You “own’ top of it
So you think black & white people, shooting each other in our streets, based soley on skin color, does not constitute a race war ?
You have your opinion on that. I have mine. Be careful which streets you choose to drive during peaceful protests.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:33 pm
;)
You “own’ top of it
So you think black & white people, shooting each other in our streets, based soley on skin color, does not constitute a race war ?
You have your opinion on that. I have mine. Be careful which streets you choose to drive during peaceful protests.
I am not sure I saw that....did you, Charlie?
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Chousnake wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:26 pm Biden wins Georgia - for the third time.............

Now let's see what Kemp does. He claims he will certify it tomorrow, when Biden will win the state for the 4th time.

I've been following elections for a long time - since 1964 - and I've never seen anything like this. 2000 is not a comparator. There was an issue with the ballots in one state concerning a few hundred votes that decided the election then. What Trump is doing and the GOP is spinelessly enabling is outrageous, dangerous, and one of the most undemocratic, unpatriotic things I've ever witnessed.

This is expected from a sociopathic narcissist like Trump. What is the GOP's excuse? Even Goldwater had the balls to tell Nixon it was time to go, and that was a midterm resignation. This is a clearly lost election(!) where in the past, power has transferred virtually seamlessly for 150 years and now nobody in the GOP leadership has the balls, the concern for country over party or self, or the simple vision to see the damage this manufactured dispute is doing to this country on so many levels.

For decades minority and urban voters have been disenfranchised with NO evidence of voter fraud or impropriety. Now the Trumpians lose an election that everyone expected Trump to lose and we get this charade that is poisoning the minds of 70 million voters and people somehow think this is a process or that it is ok? Can you imagine if the shoe were on the other foot? There would be an incredible howling from the right about how Democrats and liberals "hate" America. Remember the allegation four years ago that Democrats were "snowflakes" for complaining about the Trump win? What does the last 17 days say about the right? Spineless selfish power-hungry unpatriotic whiny ..... Trump would rather ruin the country than lose gracefully and that is a horrendously selfish and narcissistic act that the GOP again is enabling. It's been clear since the 1980s that Trump was a horrible human being who only cared about himself. But the rest of the country? All this in the middle of the greatest crisis this country has endured in 60+ years. Unbelievable!! :evil:
Agreed; a good summary of where we — and the GOP — are. It’s a disgrace.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Kemp has signed the certification paperwork so Georgia is in the bank for Joe.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:04 pm
CU77 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:55 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:06 pm They were doing their assigned duty. Not signing off until gross number discrepancies were accounted for.
Yet for some mysterious reason they happily signed off on essentially the same level of discrepancies in 2016. Gee, what was different then?
Got a link with details on that ? Any difference in turnout 2016 to 2020. ?
You bet.
“Our canvassers really did a heck of a job,” Gregory Mahar, the county’s director of elections, told the board. All told, voters in the county had cast 878,000 ballots, including 566,000 absentee ones. Biden had won the county by more than 350,000 votes.

Mahar said, however, that there had been “out of balance” precincts, where there were discrepancies between the number of voters and the number of ballots counted. This type of error is common, Mahar said, and often due to human error or computer malfunction. A jammed machine might cause a ballot to get counted twice. Out-of-date software might result in incorrect totals.

According to Mahar, the counts in 28 percent of Detroit’s precincts and absentee counting boards were still out of balance without a clear explanation. But the size of the errors was small — a difference of one or two votes per precinct without a clear explanation of why the imbalance occurred, affecting a ballpark amount of about 450 total votes.

“This is not a novel nuance, is it?” asked Allen Wilson, a regional United Auto Workers official and one of the board’s two Democratic members.

Mahar said it had happened in the past. Just months earlier, during the August primary, even more precincts had come in out of balance.

But Monica Palmer, one of the two Republican members, said she was not convinced. Palmer, a schools activist in the Detroit area, said in an interview Wednesday that she had spent months pressing Detroit and Wayne County election authorities to fix problems where precincts are chronically out of balance. They had not.

Now, Palmer said, she would not accept the same excuses.

She said she had no contact with the Trump campaign and was unmoved by claims by Trump or his supporters about the Michigan vote. She said she was solely focused on what she said were Wayne County’s chronic problems with unbalanced precinct totals.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

To summarize: the "imbalance" issue is approximately 450 votes out of 878,000. Biden won the county by 350,000. The imbalance issue has been present "chronically", and has prosaic explanations. There was no claim that increased turnout increased the problem.

But, for some mysterious reason, this year is the year that certification was to be denied.

More, from a local news source:
Several cities in Wayne County had unbalanced precincts, but Palmer suggested certifying all of Wayne County’s results outside the city of Detroit.

Unbalanced precincts cannot be recounted by law, and have historically been attributed to human error. For instance, a ballot may have been canceled without the change being properly noted by an election worker.

Most of the unbalanced Wayne County precincts reported to the board Tuesday were off by three or four votes. The largest discrepancy of unbalanced votes was in Livonia, where 27 more ballots were counted than what was on record in a precinct.
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... -vote.html

Livonia is 5% Black. It had the largest discrepancy. But Palmer wanted to count those votes, and not the votes from Detroit.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:45 pm

It works awesome.

Increases turnout.

Saves money.

Highly secure.

You chose the words.

:? :? I bolded your words...immediately following, "My personal preference"...not sure how that attribution was not accurate...were you quoting someone else?
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:34 pm
;)
You “own’ top of it
I missed it...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The ever principled, honest, law abiding purveyors of moral integrity and their view of the political process when it doesn't conform to their twisted and delusional ways.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:58 pm
;)
You “own’ top of it
I missed it...
I found some footage from those riots Schmidlap talked about that took place this year....not sure how I missed it;

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:10 pm
;)
You “own’ top of it
I missed it...
I found some footage from those riots Schmidlap talked about that took place this year....not sure how I missed it;

This is what you get when your knowledge of history is limited to youtube searches.
History for tv studies majors. Stick with sitcoms, Capt Video.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:17 am
;)
You “own’ top of it
I missed it...

This is what you get when your knowledge of history is limited to youtube searches.
Actually my great grandparents (maternal) lived in East St. Louis Cap’n...you frequented bars there in the hey day.....remember?
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Edward Norton
Twitter
20 Nov, 7 tweets

I’m no political pundit but I grew up w a dad who was a federal prosecutor & he taught me a lot & I’ve also sat a fair amount of poker w serious players & l’ll say this: I do not think Trump is trying to ‘make his base happy’ or ‘laying the groundwork for his own network’...

...or that ‘chaos is what he loves’. The core of it is that he knows he’s in deep, multi-dimensional legal jeopardy & this defines his every action. We’re seeing 1) a tactical delay of the transition to buy time for coverup & evidence suppression 2) above all, a desperate endgame

...which is to create enough chaos & anxiety about peaceful transfer of power, & fear of irreparable damage to the system, that he can cut a Nixon-style deal in exchange for finally conceding. But he doesn’t have the cards. His bluff after ‘the flop’ has been called in court...

His ‘turn card’ bluff will be an escalation & his ‘River card’ bluff could be really ugly. But they have to be called. We cannot let this mobster bully the USA into a deal to save his ass by threatening our democracy. THAT is his play. But he’s got junk in his hand. So call him.

I will allow that he’s also a whiny, sulky, petulant, Grinchy, vindictive little 10-ply-super-soft complain who no doubt is just throwing a wicked pout fest & trying to give a tiny-hand middle finger to the whole country for pure spite, without a single thought for the dead & dying

But his contemptible, treasonous, seditious assault on the stability of our political compact isn’t about 2024, personal enrichment or anything else other than trying to use chaos & threat to the foundation of the system as leverage to trade for a safe exit. Call. His. Bluff.

Faith in the strength of our sacred institutions & founding principles is severely stretched...but they will hold. They will. He’s leaving, gracelessly & in infamy. But if we trade for it, give him some brokered settlement, we’ll be vulnerable to his return. We can’t flinch.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:11 am
;)
You “own’ top of it
I missed it...

Actually my great grandparents (maternal) lived in East St. Louis Cap’n...you frequented bars there in the hey day.....remember?
It would have been a pretty good place to live back then.
The E side I experienced.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:11 am
;)
You “own’ top of it
I missed it...

It would have been a pretty good place to live back then.
The E side I experienced.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html
Un huh.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”