2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by CU88 »

Nuremberg trials: 75 years on from the world's first war crimes tribunal

https://www.euronews.com/2020/11/20/75- ... -nuremberg

Trials started 75 years ago today. A lesson for those in an administration who blindly follow orders and stay silent to crimes.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:32 am Dominion prolly has a pretty good case against Kraken Sid.
That was my thought.
Damages claimed could be substantial, too.

What's the legal argument against that?

PR, Dominion may prefer to go back to a low profile.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:16 am Nuremberg trials: 75 years on from the world's first war crimes tribunal

Trials started 75 years ago today. A lesson for those in an administration who blindly follow orders and stay silent to crimes.
Not exactly a very appropriate analogy. The people on trial at Nuremberg were charged in the deaths of 10s of millions of human beings. It is never wise to blindly follow all orders. Like it or not that is what both parties expect of their underlings. When the Obama folks told Susan Rice to make the news show circuit and put forth a false premise about what happened in Benghazi... Ms Rice could have told her boss to go to hell she would not do it. I know bringing out the Benghazi thing will make some posters hair catch fire. The analogy does not change when you are willing to lie for your boss.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:00 am Refusing to do an autopsy in each state fails to take advantage of the unique opportunity this election presents.
You've already been told that every single county and State in America does a post mortem after each election.

It's already happening, and they don't need your suggestion to do it.

So you should be happy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:02 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:00 am Refusing to do an autopsy in each state fails to take advantage of the unique opportunity this election presents.
You've already been told that every single county and State in America does a post mortem after each election.

So you should be happy.
I would be happy if they published a public report on what the post mortem results were. If they find no discrepancies they should shout that out from the top of the mountain. If they do discover discrepancies well they should just keep that under the hat, you know what I mean? ;)
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 pm I would be happy if they published a public report on what the post mortem results were. If they find no discrepancies they should shout that out from the top of the mountain. If they do discover discrepancies well they should just keep that under the hat, you know what I mean? ;)
They do. And your County election official (whatever his/her title is) almost always publishes the post mortem. There's tons of laws and rules in place for elections in each State.....and reporting and open meetings acts, are always a part of that.

Had a regular at our old bar in Ann Arbor who was in charge of our County. Learned a ton. Neat guy, and boy, did he take his job seriously.

As he should. This stuff isn't a joke. And I think you'll find the same honesty from your local officials, regardless of party.

When you start moving up the chain? That's when the partisanship shows up. IMHO.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:02 pm

So you should be happy.
He is anti-Junk Mail voting. Real Americans need to put forth real effort if they really want to vote.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:27 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 pm I would be happy if they published a public report on what the post mortem results were. If they find no discrepancies they should shout that out from the top of the mountain. If they do discover discrepancies well they should just keep that under the hat, you know what I mean? ;)
They do. And your County election official (whatever his/her title is) almost always publishes the post mortem. There's tons of laws and rules in place for elections in each State.....and reporting and open meetings acts, are always a part of that.

Had a regular at our old bar in Ann Arbor who was in charge of our County. Learned a ton. Neat guy, and boy, did he take his job seriously.

As he should. This stuff isn't a joke. And I think you'll find the same honesty from your local officials, regardless of party.

When you start moving up the chain? That's when the partisanship shows up. IMHO.
I'm old school and probably naive enough to remember all polling stations had observers from both parties. I guess the theory among all us dinosaurs was having observers from both parties helped cut out all the monkey business.
Bob Ross:
DMac

Post by DMac »

CU88 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:16 am Nuremberg trials: 75 years on from the world's first war crimes tribunal

As well they should have, what an unbelievably evil and diabolical lot those Germans were. Have watched a fair amount about WW II on the History Channel in the past couple of years, the footage is incredible and the story is just pure evil.
Adolf pulled off some (plenty of) unbelievable stuff. That boy and his followers needed to held accountable in front of the world (I know Adolf wasn't still alive to be part of the hearing....a shame he wasn't).
Saw the story about the Maisy Battery recently, never knew anything about it. Was "rediscovered" in 2004, quite a story of how that happened too. How it was ever forgotten enough to have to be rediscovered is beyond me, but another one of Adolf's little killing complexes.
https://www.tracesofwar.com/articles/44 ... attery.htm

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Georgia has now certified Joe as the winner.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:34 pm I guess the theory among all us dinosaurs was having observers from both parties helped cut out all the monkey business.
Your theory would be right.

We worked out how to run fair elections quite a few elections ago.....
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

ggait wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:32 am Dominion prolly has a pretty good case against Kraken Sid.
From an article in the Independent:

And like Giuliani, Powell offered no evidence for her claims. Ellis, who spoke last, berated the press for being interested in such silly things as evidence to support the outlandish allegations her colleagues had just made.

But it might not only be reporters who’d like to see the evidence. The targets of the team’s accusations might want to as well, one of the country’s top First Amendment litigators said, because the lack of it could leave them open to a costly libel lawsuit.

“To say that they [the voting machines] were designed for communists to rig elections sounds like a statement of fact,” said Anne Champion, a Gibson, Dunn, and Crutcher partner who recently helped defeat Trump’s attempt to block his niece, Mary Trump, from publishing her now-bestselling book Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man.

Champion — who was also part of the legal team that defeated two Trump administration attempts to revoke reporters’ press credentials — posited that the reputational damage from the Trump attorney’s myriad public statements could be so catastrophic that the two companies will have to market their products under different names going forward. She added that in her judgment, the entire press conference was an attempt to poison the “jury pool” of the American electorate because such outlandish claims are not passing muster in court.

“It's like a jumbled word salad of conspiracy-minded allegations because they clearly are not ready to go in front of any judge. They are litigating in the press, because they know they can't win in court,” she said. “If I were Dominion voting systems, I'd be on the phone with my lawyers getting ready to file defamation cases.”

But Powell didn’t just stop at defaming whole companies and their employees. She concluded her remarks with a blatant lie and a call to hand a second term to Trump.

“President Trump won by a landslide, we are going to prove it, and we are going to reclaim the United States of America for the people who vote for freedom,” she said. However, even a normally Trump-friendly pundit — Fox News’ Tucker Carlson — wasn’t impressed with her follow-through on the allegations.

Speaking at the outset of his nightly show on Thursday, Carlson told viewers that Powell never responded to his requests for her to provide the evidence she spoke of (she also ignored queries from The Independent) and that she became angry when he continued to press her to prove the allegations she has been peddling in a variety of public settings since Election Day.

Other allies of the President and his family had similarly dim views of the so-called “elite strike force” — particularly Ellis, who many White House and campaign staffers say encourages Trump’s worst impulses.

Powell, a longtime proponent of conspiracy theories who once argued (without evidence) that South and Central American migrants were bringing polio-like illnesses to the US, repeated her eye-opening election claims during a Thursday evening appearance on Lou Dobbs’ Fox Business Network program.

"The entire election, frankly, in all the swing states should be overturned and the legislatures should make sure that the electors are selected for Trump,” she said.

One person familiar with Trump’s thinking said the idea of taking the decision of who should be the next president away from voters has always been at the back of the President’s mind. Since his loss, the source added, that idea has occupied more and more of his attention as the reputable lawyers and advisers who were staffing his campaign and early litigation efforts have either withdrawn or been pushed aside in favor of what the person called “the goddamned crackpot brigade”.

“This is going to blow up in all our faces,” they said, before expressing hope that the slow trickle of Republican officeholders who’ve acknowledged Biden’s win — most recently Michigan Representative Fred Upton and Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse — combined with the growing number of courtroom losses and the inevitability of states certifying their elections could convince Trump to abandon his crusade to end more than two centuries of democracy in America.

“Wild press conferences erode public trust. So no, obviously Rudy and his buddies should not pressure electors to ignore their certification obligations under the statute. We are a nation of laws, not tweets,” Sasse said in a statement late Thursday. Also weighing in was Utah Senator Mitt Romney, the only member of the upper chamber to vote in favor of removing Trump after his January impeachment trial.

“It is difficult to imagine a worse, more undemocratic action by a sitting American president,” Romney said.

See: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/ru ... 59266.html
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Yup. The biggest problem Joe now has is closing the "loopholes" in the Constitution and codifying the process followed by other presidents in the modern era. It will be interesting to see how the republiCONS want to play this. It will unfortunately be required to go after some of the rank and file I suspect. He needs to put together a bipartisan commission to review the entire 4 years of the Trump administration and make recommendations. No current congressmen should be placed on the commission.

Noticed that the dems in congress have rescinded their request for Muller grand jury testimony, which says to me they are going to let the new DOJ decide whether to go after Trump on Muller's obstruction of justice "charge".
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:45 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:34 pm I guess the theory among all us dinosaurs was having observers from both parties helped cut out all the monkey business.
Your theory would be right.

We worked out how to run fair elections quite a few elections ago.....
It has always seemed to work for us folks here in upstate NY. It took reading all the back and forth here to be enlightened to the fact that quite a few areas of our country have not been able to figure out this complex voter thing.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

+1
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:01 pm

+1
How far up the chain do you have to go until you find those weak links? In the real world those chains usually break first and never at a good time.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

njbill wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:38 pm Georgia has now certified Joe as the winner.
Georgia has retracted this announcement, saying the certification is still in process.

Hmm. Sounds like somebody got a call from the White House.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

njbill wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:46 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:38 pm Georgia has now certified Joe as the winner.
Georgia has retracted this announcement, saying the certification is still in process.

Hmm. Sounds like somebody got a call from the White House.
Still expected to be complete today according to the WaPo article mentioning the
"in process" revision.
ggait

Post by ggait »

We already know what fixes to the voting system should be made. In fact, those fixes were identified long before Election Day. All the data is available. Has been in for a long time. For example:

1. Make it easy (or universal) for voters to vote by mail.

2. Start counting the votes when they come in.

3. Have lots of safe secure drop boxes.

4. If you do #3 (but only if you do #3), then you can cut off ballot on election day. So none of the postmark/mailbox rule stuff needed.

5. Restore the Voting Rights Act in response to the SCOTUS decision in Holder v. Shelby.

6. Fix voter registration with auto registration via the DMV or Medicare/caid.

The problem isn't the analysis or the after action report. The problem is implementing the solutions -- which have been known and clear for many many years.

And the implementation problem is just one thing. Which is that one party is in the minority. So it reflexively resists anything that would make voting simpler and more efficient.

The 2013 voting system changes in CO were opposed by all GOP state legislators. Even though the legislation was strongly supported by the CO county clerks (most of whom are Republicans from rural counties) who actually run the elections. Luckily, CO had a Dem governor and a Dem legislative minority.

So the law (obviously the right thing to do) couldn't get derailed by the Banana Republicans afraid of democracy and the voters.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”