Unfit Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ardilla secreta

Re: President Elect Biden

Post by ardilla secreta »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:02 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:48 pm As for your noting Joe's being in school to avoid Vietnam (or maybe not) note that about millions of others his age as well. Jus' sayin'.
There is a positive side to Joe never having served. I can think of how many infantry soldiers lives were saved not having had Joe leading them into combat. Joe probably would have been the next leader of the lost platoon.
Would he have made an acceptable Jedi warrior?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:28 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:07 pm So, are you saying that Trump's personality, his past behaviors, attitudes, temperament and business practices are IN ANY WAY comparable to Joe Biden's, or to just about ANY politician now or ever existing? There are probably a few uber-sleazy businessmen that come close, but to imply that Trump's behavior, his morals, his attitudes are NOT flat out uniquely deplorable, is to permanently screw your tinfoil hat on so tight that it will never come off.

If there has EVER been a politician more deserving of the enmity and scorn of a nation...well...he is that guy.

Trump to any politician, EVER? Maybe, maybe not. There are some sleazy ones out there:

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/28/meet-am ... cians.html

I think thanks to the instant communication age we live in, coupled with the hyper-partisan atmosphere he's had to govern in, and his constant asinine botton-pushing, fight-picking behavior brought MORE scrutiny and critique than any others. That's for certain. But that's on him.

But just because we're coming off of being Trumped to death for the past 4 years, does not give "not trump" politicians, including Biden, a pass.

Driving on a highway at 65+ MPH and getting used to the speed, does not give you a pass when you jump on another road and get pulled over for speeding.

My favorite concept in Drivers Ed:

https://www.keeferlaw.org/what-is-velocitation/
Fair on the latter point, but how about we just have Trump concede, Biden sworn in, and you then tell us all his shortcomings, as well as applaud whatever he does that you like. Right now, some of us aren't done applauding his beating Trump. Like a drum.

On the most sleazy politicians, my algorithm has both sleazy level and impact in the equation.
None of those in that article comes close in my view.

Of the three Presidents, only Nixon was for sure actually sleazy himself and not on the Trump-scale. The rest are penny ante in comparison. But certainly sleazy.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Yeah. Trump had a real honeymoon transition.
The Crossfire gang & NYT/WP leakers were busy little beavers.
...while recount funding was donated to Jill Stein.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:44 pm Yeah. Trump had a real honeymoon transition.
Everyone refused Trump’s attempt at appeasement.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:44 pm Yeah. Trump had a real honeymoon transition.
Keep whining, so becoming.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:06 pm
Keep whining, so becoming.
No complaints from me. I don't think democracy's dying.
Biden's got no beef. He was part of the last "by the book" transition.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:57 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:02 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:48 pm As for your noting Joe's being in school to avoid Vietnam (or maybe not) note that about millions of others his age as well. Jus' sayin'.
There is a positive side to Joe never having served. I can think of how many infantry soldiers lives were saved not having had Joe leading them into combat. Joe probably would have been the next leader of the lost platoon.
Would he have made an acceptable Jedi warrior?
Probably not, I don't believe the force was ever with him. Face it with Joes chops the best he could ever hope for was a career in politics. Mission accomplished.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:08 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:07 pm So, are you saying that Trump's personality, his past behaviors, attitudes, temperament and business practices are IN ANY WAY comparable to Joe Biden's, or to just about ANY politician now or ever existing? There are probably a few uber-sleazy businessmen that come close, but to imply that Trump's behavior, his morals, his attitudes are NOT flat out uniquely deplorable, is to permanently screw your tinfoil hat on so tight that it will never come off.

If there has EVER been a politician more deserving of the enmity and scorn of a nation...well...he is that guy.

Trump to any politician, EVER? Maybe, maybe not. There are some sleazy ones out there:

I think thanks to the instant communication age we live in, coupled with the hyper-partisan atmosphere he's had to govern in, and his constant asinine botton-pushing, fight-picking behavior brought MORE scrutiny and critique than any others. That's for certain. But that's on him.

But just because we're coming off of being Trumped to death for the past 4 years, does not give "not trump" politicians, including Biden, a pass.

Driving on a highway at 65+ MPH and getting used to the speed, does not give you a pass when you jump on another road and get pulled over for speeding.

Fair on the latter point, but how about we just have Trump concede, Biden sworn in, and you then tell us all his shortcomings, as well as applaud whatever he does that you like. Right now, some of us aren't done applauding his beating Trump. Like a drum.

On the most sleazy politicians, my algorithm has both sleazy level and impact in the equation.

Of the three Presidents, only Nixon was for sure actually sleazy himself and not on the Trump-scale. The rest are penny ante in comparison. But certainly sleazy.
Wasn't Tricky Dick your boy back in the day? Let me get this straight, with your incredible intuition you never saw that sliminess in Nixon? I'm thinking you have spent decades trying to make amends for your "young republicans for Nixon" SNAFU. :lol: We should trust in your judgment today why?? Anybody that was ever all in for Nixon has some serious defects in judgment my friend. ;)
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:39 am

Wasn't Tricky Dick your boy back in the day? Let me get this straight, with your incredible intuition you never saw that sliminess in Nixon? I'm thinking you have spent decades trying to make amends for your "young republicans for Nixon" SNAFU. :lol: We should trust in your judgment today why?? Anybody that was ever all in for Nixon has some serious defects in judgment my friend. ;)
:lol: in '72 I was a freshman in high school, crew cut and black glasses had just given way to longer hair, my government class (I took with 11th and 12th graders) required us to canvas for a candidate of our choice, in my case Nixon not McGovern ...a lot of water under the bridge since then! And yes, I shortly thereafter came to see the slime of the Nixon era as well as all sorts of other hypocrisy.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Analysis shows surge in Asian, Hispanic voters helped Biden capture Georgia

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politics-b ... 5QUF4H2PA/

A surge in voter participation among younger, more diverse voters helped fuel President-elect Joe Biden’s slim victory in Georgia, according to an analysis by the Democratic firm TargetSmart, as the increase in the share of white turnout lagged behind.

The analysis found Asian-American turnout nearly doubled when compared to the 2016 election, while Hispanic voter participation soared by 72%. Turnout among black voters increased by about 20% while white turnout grew by 16%.

Hopefully, these patriots will have an equally significant impact on the senate runoff vote.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Do you want to talk about BHO's honeymoon....difference being, Trump deserved it while BHO was simply black.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:46 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:39 am

:lol: in '72 I was a freshman in high school, crew cut and black glasses had just given way to longer hair, my government class (I took with 11th and 12th graders) required us to canvas for a candidate of our choice, in my case Nixon not McGovern ...a lot of water under the bridge since then! And yes, I shortly thereafter came to see the slime of the Nixon era as well as all sorts of other hypocrisy.
I was a HS freshman in 1973 and for as long as I can remember Nixon was one disliked person in our family. It started with Nixon having the audacity to run for president against JFK. My mom being the Irish Catholic woman that she was never forgave him for that. I am happy MD that you recognized the errors of your way. ;) I still have to take a jab at you every now and then over that. :D
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:49 am
Do you want to talk about BHO's honeymoon....difference being, Trump deserved it while BHO was simply black.
You should not forget that BHO was not really an American... 8-)
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Trump deserved everything he got and more. He should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law so that - if for nothing else - he can't run in 2024 from behind bars. With luck that'll give the Tom Cotton's and Mike Pompeo's of the world some pause when they consider using Trump's crooked, corrupt playbook in the future.

It's time for Alternative Facts to end.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:01 am
That wasn't the issue...he is a Muslim, as everyone well knows. Plus he does lecture a lot. :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:32 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:01 am
That wasn't the issue...he is a Muslim, as everyone well knows. Plus he does lecture a lot. :roll:
I had my facts scrambled up. BHO was a Muslim non American who loved to jibber jabber. i got it now.
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Re: Projected Winner Joe Biden

Post by kramerica.inc »

AOC and progressives promise to push Joe to the Green New Deal:

https://nypost.com/2020/11/20/aoc-progr ... -new-deal/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:11 am
Trump deserved everything he got and more. He should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law so that - if for nothing else - he can't run in 2024 from behind bars. With luck that'll give the Tom Cotton's and Mike Pompeo's of the world some pause when they consider using Trump's crooked, corrupt playbook in the future.

It's time for Alternative Facts to end.

I detect a slight note of hostility in your comments Dis. You feeling okay today? ;)
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:15 pm AOC and progressives promise to push Joe to the Green New Deal:

If that means infrastructure...Let’s Go Git It!
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:15 pm AOC and progressives promise to push Joe to the Green New Deal:

I think it is possible that once Joe gets the bill that sticker shock may force him back to the real world. There is the possibility Greta will paddle her row boat to the front lawn of the WH and have a teenage hissie fit. It could involve teardrops.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”