2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:11 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:04 pm
calourie wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:46 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:03 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:05 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:00 pm This is what most of the Republican party has become, as by either supporting the coup attempt or being silent about it they are complicit.
I'm curious what happens post-Georgia...
Unfortunately, Georgia does not come soon enough. The (R)'s are afraid to pull the plug on Trump because they think they need him for GA. If he drags this out much longer, he'll become a net liability there.
Salty, you still think Trump and his republican cronies are simply trying to assure that legitimate votes, and only legitimate votes count? Maybe Rudy can answer that one for us.
I don't think anyone expects Trump to continue in office.
I think the GOP's goals are to :
1. win both GA Senate races
2. mollify & retain Trump supporters
3. demonstrate the vulnerability of universal unsolicited mail-in voting for future elections

If not for GA, I think the GOP would be nudging Trump to at least acknowledge that he has no viable path to re-election (without conceding or accepting the validity of the count) & let the transition commence.

I suspect that GOP leaders like McConnell, Cornyn & Blount are fed up with Trump, but know they still need him.
😂😂😂 Very benevolent of them!! What has been proven to be wrong with junk mail votes? Other than your guy losing?
Don't know yet. Probably not enough to change the outcome, but we need an autopsy of this election before we do it again.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:15 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:00 pm This is what most of the Republican party has become, as by either supporting the coup attempt or being silent about it they are complicit.
Unfortunately, Georgia does not come soon enough. The (R)'s are afraid to pull the plug on Trump because they think they need him for GA. If he drags this out much longer, he'll become a net liability there.
Salty, you still think Trump and his republican cronies are simply trying to assure that legitimate votes, and only legitimate votes count? Maybe Rudy can answer that one for us.
3. demonstrate the vulnerability of universal unsolicited mail-in voting for future elections

If not for GA, I think the GOP would be nudging Trump to at least acknowledge that he has no viable path to re-election (without conceding or accepting the validity of the count) & let the transition commence.

I suspect that GOP leaders like McConnell, Cornyn & Blount are fed up with Trump, but know they still need him.
By "anyone", may we assume you mean those with half a brain, not deranged cultists?

Clearly there are a lot of Trump voters who still fall into the camp of "expects Trump to continue in office". They're downright rabid. And these are the people the GOP needs to continue to "mollify & retain"?

You slipped in the BS crack at the end about "vulnerability of universal unsolicited mail-in voting" as if that's actually been shown in this tragedy/comedy of a legal effort. You do realize that no such vulnerability has actually been demonstrated, right? There's a paper trail...and voters need to be matched to votes...
I was answering calourie's specific question about what "Trump and his republican cronies" are trying to accomplish.

I'm not sure how much of the GOP he considers to be Trump's cronies.

I was answering for non-Trump GOP leadership.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:08 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:33 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:27 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:22 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:02 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:28 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:56 pm I warned about this potential scenario earlier this year. Trump is working to get Republican state legislators to throw out the popularly elected slate of electors and to substitute their own. There are statutory restrictions on such a move in some states, but Trump is trying to use the courts to get around those restrictions.

DETROIT (Reuters) - President Donald Trump’s strategy for retaining power despite losing the U.S. election is focused increasingly on persuading Republican legislators to intervene on his behalf in battleground states Democrat Joe Biden won, three people familiar with the effort said.

... Trump’s lawyers are seeking to take the power of appointing electors away from the governors and secretaries of state and give it to friendly state lawmakers from his party, saying the U.S. Constitution gives legislatures the ultimate authority.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN27Z30G

Trump’s actions are probably the best argument against the Electoral College.

Trump’s attacks on our democracy are dangerous and highly damaging.

His recent attacks on the election were never amusing, and I think more serious attention needs to be focused on his despicable attempts to undermine our democracy.

Shame on anyone who ever supported this authoritarian piece of trash.

DocBarrister
as long as we modify the constitution here and there, i'm fine with popular vote per state, certified by sos, gets the slate of electors per state. period. deal?
Absolutely not.

Direct popular vote election of the president is the only solution, whether by removing the now untenable weird compromise of the EC via amendment, or using the Popular Vote Compact. Position of Pres/VP is national - therefore the election should be.
america has always been a place for opinions to be heard. so good on ya, no issues with opinions.
mine is with founding fathers' intentions. our government construct has lasted a long time, and not by accident. flawed at the outset but the ideal for what they were looking to achieve continues to have foresight. imo.
Same Founding Fathers thought it was acceptable to count African American slaves as 3/5 of a person.

We need to move on from what a group of wealthy white 18th century men thought would be good government.

DocBarrister
already alluded to that. weak sauce. imo.
so trump's efforts to undermine democracy as set up for us are despicable, dangerous and damaging, but yours are a.o.k. gotcha. again, i'll go with the founding fathers. i'd guess their deal would last longer and with better results. for a reason.
Their compromise, and compromised, Constitution failed spectacularly in 1861. This nation was preserved only by the lives of over 600,000 Americans. We don’t owe the Founding Fathers any deference ... not even the capitalized letters I used (out of habit).

DocBarrister
you could thank them for your stance. or not.

anyway, sounds like you are off your position on undermining democracy via electoral intention.

on to the next.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 pm

😂😂😂 Very benevolent of them!! What has been proven to be wrong with junk mail votes? Other than your guy losing?
Don't know yet. Probably not enough to change the outcome, but we need an autopsy of this election before we do it again.
😂😂😂 “we”...
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:31 pm

😂😂😂 “we”...
The Royal "We", or to be more specific, state legislatures.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:35 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:31 pm

😂😂😂 “we”...
The Royal "We", or to be more specific, state legislatures.
“we” don’t matter anymore.
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Where does Rudy get his hair dye? Dollar General? He looks like something from a 60’s sit-com.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rudy-gi ... eo-2020-11
ggait

Post by ggait »

Colorado just finished its fourth federal election with universal unsolicited mail in voting. Here's what the evidence from that demonstrates:

It works awesome.

Gold standard for voting in the USA.

Voters of both parties love it.

Increases turnout.

Saves money.

Highly secure.

Results available within minutes (assuming you start counting when ballots arrive).

TL/DR: You are a vote-supressing partisan hack afraid of the voters if you think there's a reason to oppose this.

https://thefulcrum.us/colorado-vote-by-mail
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:46 pm
Colorado just finished its fourth federal election with universal unsolicited mail in voting. Here's what the evidence from that demonstrates:

It works awesome.

Increases turnout.

Saves money.

Highly secure.

Results available within minutes (assuming you start counting when ballots arrive).

TL/DR: You are a vote-supressing partisan hack afraid of the voters if you think there's a reason to oppose this.

Apparently we need some deaths so we can do an 'autopsy'...
a fan

Post by a fan »

It works awesome.

Increases turnout.

Saves money.

Highly secure.

Yep.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:55 pm

It works awesome.

Increases turnout.

Saves money.

Highly secure.

Yep.
He fought against voter suppression when it didn’t matter.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The jockeying for 2024 beginning or will Sasse be drummed out of the GOP too?

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/526 ... blic-trust
njbill

Post by njbill »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:52 pm RT @MrChuckMartin: Biden is winning states twice now. That’s gotta sting.
He should get double the electoral college votes for each state he has to win twice.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:16 pm Wondered what that was. Giuliani's hair dye is leaking.

Saw this on Twitter: democracy dyes in darkness.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

njbill wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:05 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:52 pm RT @MrChuckMartin: Biden is winning states twice now. That’s gotta sting.
He should get double the electoral college votes for each state he has to win twice.
I'm getting tired of all the winning. Biden has won like a few dozen times now. He'll probably get a few more through the final certification. Trump is still like 0-29 in his legal battles, right?
ggait

Post by ggait »

I think Trump would be within his rights (perhaps for the first time ever) to stiff his lawyer on the fees.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

njbill wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:07 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:16 pm Wondered what that was. Giuliani's hair dye is leaking.

I find it interesting that the group that complains so much about changing gender roles dooming society are the ones wearing more makeup and spending tens of thousands on their hair.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

It works awesome.

Increases turnout.

Saves money.

Highly secure.

was all for the rules and regs set up by colo when you posted them. read it thru.

what we're seeing now was really difficult to predict given all the states doing a back and forth on the fly leading up to election month and not exactly doing a colorado facsimile. and of course, the duce.

Return to “POLITICS”