2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ggait

Post by ggait »

You can't audit a mechanical machine.

And you can check people off in the books as having shown up to vote and then pull the lever. Even if they didn't.

Easier to hack a mechanical machine system than paper ballots. Because you hack the people.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

if tech was so vulnerable, banks wouldn't go anywhere near it. and, obviously, this is far from the case. secure tech (i cannot believe that even need to type this) is a very powerful, secure tool.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:17 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:58 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:50 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:25 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:18 pm wow. Giuliani sounds all but exactly like Trump. non-sensical. Just awful.

Giuliani has a pretty good sweat going. No one else on stage sweating like he is. Looks like a Nixon moment.
Is it worth pointing out that the campaign has filed nearly thirty lawsuits without either the submission of evidence of wrongdoing, or acceptance of one shred into evidence by a court? The madness of Mayor Rudy?
This is all just theater for the consumption of the Trumpnista. As someone said yesterday, all Trump is doing in the courts is trying to cash a lottery ticket that has expired.

It should be noted that about a half dozen blue states are still counting their final ballots. New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Cali, Oregon and Washington. Biden currently has a lead of 5.9 million votes, with a guesstimated 5-7 million left to count. He will win by something like 6.5 million when all the counting is done by roughly end of the month. He will likely win Pennsylvania by over 100,000 votes, currently at 83,000.

This is normal. Every presidential election year, these states don't finish their counts until just before their mandated certification dates.
I had to shut it off, when Powell started in with "communist money from Venezuela, Cuba and probably China." This was maybe the most disgraceful thing I have ever seen by a public figure.

McConnell is 78, just elected to another six year term. If he cared even a little about this country, he could hold a brief press conference and call Biden the President-Elect and simply and squarely disagree with this fund-raising charade.
No doubt Cuba will love a Biden presidency. Should be another boon to Cuban Tourism.
That’s good. My wife has been there twice and my cousin’s daughter has been there twice. Both took students on humanitarian trips. School supplies were like gold. These people make their own paper at home yet we do big business with China and Russia.
“I wish you would!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:05 pm if tech was so vulnerable, banks wouldn't go anywhere near it.
Not so. The cybercrime losses to financial services firms in the US averaged out to 18 million dollars per firm in 2017.

https://www.globalsign.com/en/blog/cybe ... ime-losses

Banks suffer cyberlosses every day, but to them it's just a business cost. The convenience factor of being online far outweighs this cost.

However, this is manifestly not true for elections.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:17 pmNo doubt Cuba will love a Biden presidency. Should be another boon to Cuban Tourism.
Good! It's a national embarrassment that we're not freely trading with Cuba.

We trade with Russia and China----but not Cuba? That's next level stupid. JFK is long gone. Enough with this stupidity.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:05 pm if tech was so vulnerable, banks wouldn't go anywhere near it. and, obviously, this is far from the case. secure tech (i cannot believe that even need to type this) is a very powerful, secure tool.
Our voting system is pretty darned cyber-secure. Since our national elections are actually run by 3,100 different counties. Since those counties do their counting off-line. Since those counties generally use paper ballots (audit-able trail). Since every step is watched over by public officials and bi-partisan poll observers, and then also subject to court review.

Our recent election processed something like 155 million votes. Of course there's going to be some amount of issues (mostly human error) when processing that many unique transactions all across the country.

If anyone could actually figure out how to conspire/hack a USA national election, then pull it off, and then hide it, that person should be given a lifetime appointment to run the CIA.

Because they would have pulled off the most impossible heist in world history.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

re: Giuliani's press conference

Erick Erickson
@EWErickson
2h
I feel very sorry for the people who believe the nonsense we just heard. There are a lot of broken people who are being lied to and many of them want to believe the lie because their religion has become politics and they cannot believe their god is abandoning them.
Caddy Day
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:46 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:05 pm if tech was so vulnerable, banks wouldn't go anywhere near it. and, obviously, this is far from the case. secure tech (i cannot believe that even need to type this) is a very powerful, secure tool.
Our voting system is pretty darned cyber-secure. Since our national elections are actually run by 3,100 different counties. Since those counties do their counting off-line. Since those counties generally use paper ballots (audit-able trail). Since every step is watched over by public officials and bi-partisan poll observers, and then also subject to court review.

Our recent election processed something like 155 million votes. Of course there's going to be some amount of issues (mostly human error) when processing that many unique transactions all across the country.

If anyone could actually figure out how to conspire/hack a USA national election, then pull it off, and then hide it, that person should be given a lifetime appointment to run the CIA.

Because they would have pulled off the most impossible heist in world history.
That is why the current "coup" attempt by the Rs is not trying to actually rig the vote - it is to try and rig the vote count. They just need to convince enough politicians of some sort of nefarious issue (of which there is NO evidence) to allow the states to ignore the vote in D strongholds (which generally also happen to be racially diverse - meaning a lot of black people) and attempt to override the actual legal vote due to these "concerns" which have no basis in fact/evidence. Steal the election in effect. By removing votes of your opponents.

Highly corrupt, and perhaps the largest attempted political crime ever in the history of the US (although some of the post Civil War shenanigans come close). This is what most of the Republican party has become, as by either supporting the coup attempt or being silent about it they are complicit.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:55 pm There are a lot of broken people who are being lied to and many of them want to believe the lie because their religion has become politics and they cannot believe their god is abandoning them.
And they have no clue how much the last 4 years has put them even further behind, economically.

Today? I'm back in their corner. I want to help these people, and get rid of 1%ers like Giuliani who is throwing a life of public service thrown away over nothing. I pity him. What a horrible way to spend your Golden Years.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:46 pm Because they would have pulled off the most impossible heist in world history.
and, none the less, with this Venezuelan software and numerous Democrat finaglers, Giuliani and his cohorts make it sound both easy to do and easy to prove that it was done. It's ridiculous. This has to be coming to end soon...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:00 pm This is what most of the Republican party has become, as by either supporting the coup attempt or being silent about it they are complicit.
I'm curious what happens post-Georgia...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:00 pm ...and get rid of 1%ers like Giuliani who is throwing a life of public service thrown away over nothing. I pity him. What a horrible way to spend your Golden Years.
not for nothing. for $20K/day.
Caddy Day
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Here's America's Savior Sid Powell:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1329492201538195456

Damaging democracy, every day. Astonishing. And nothing from the GOP in the House and Senate.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:16 pm Wondered what that was. Giuliani's hair dye is leaking.
Lorne Michaels is giving Kate McKinnon this week off. No way the SNL writers could actually come up with something wackier than just rolling the actual tape.

But the mouth breathers love it. Even if they know that Trump and his clowns (wink wink) are completely full of it, owning the libs/MSM/deep state is just always worth it to the low info/poorly educated that Trump exploits.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:03 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:46 pm Because they would have pulled off the most impossible heist in world history.
and, none the less, with this Venezuelan software and numerous Democrat finaglers, Giuliani and his cohorts make it sound both easy to do and easy to prove that it was done. It's ridiculous. This has to be coming to end soon...
So Kraken Sid says that the Dominion operatives snuck in in the middle of the night to "inject" thousands of votes in favor of Joe.

Strange how, while they were at it, they didn't bother to inject enough votes to help the Dems take all those Senate and House races that they lost. Or is that just evidence of the plot?

You take down Trump. But don't take down other Reps as a way to cover your tracks. So diabolical. Who are these Dominion evil geniuses?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

similarly, the dastardly Democrats have had this ability for a long time. heck, jimmy carter talked about it. so they had this ability and, none the less, obviously to cover their tracks, they've allowed the GOP to win numerous races. including 4 years ago when trump beat hilary. the dems have covered their tracks so well, it's almost like there was never a crime committed...
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:00 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:55 pm There are a lot of broken people who are being lied to and many of them want to believe the lie because their religion has become politics and they cannot believe their god is abandoning them.
And they have no clue how much the last 4 years has put them even further behind, economically.

Today? I'm back in their corner. I want to help these people, and get rid of 1%ers like Giuliani who is throwing a life of public service thrown away over nothing. I pity him. What a horrible way to spend your Golden Years.
I dunno.....This is a man that married his 2nd cousin
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Re: Georgia

You may have heard the Crazed Trio mention Lin Wood's lawsuit in Georgia; you were, I think, supposed to tremble. Here is the Intervenor's Expert Report in response to the Motion for Preliminary Injunction filed by Wood:

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... /33-16.pdf

Here is the Intervenors' Brief in Opposition to the Motion for Emergency Injunctive Relief:

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... pl-5-1.pdf

This is the place to go for information about challenges as they happen:

https://www.democracydocket.com/case_ty ... -election/

Click on a state and read the assembled pleadings.
Last edited by seacoaster on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Giuliani Presser Was ‘Most Dangerous’ TV In US History, Says Security Expert Trump Fired
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/giul ... rump-fired

The recently canned director of a federal agency charged with election security said that Thursday’s Trump campaign press conference was “the most dangerous 1hr 45 minutes of television in American history.

Chris Krebs, who until this week led the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency within DHS, was referring to the outlandish claims and conspiracy theories asserted by three Trump lawyers over 90 minutes at the Republican Party headquarters in D.C.
Chris Krebs
@C_C_Krebs
·
1h
That press conference was the most dangerous 1hr 45 minutes of television in American history. And possibly the craziest. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you’re lucky.
Among other things, the attorneys — Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell and Jenna Ellis — asserted that hundreds of thousands of legitimate votes were in fact “illegal,” and that voting machines and software may have “trashed” Trump votes, “injected” Biden votes, and “flipped” votes between the two. The crew didn’t assert any specific case as much as a buffet of conspiratorial nonsense.

President Donald Trump fired Krebs, who’d spent much of the post-Election-Day period debunking such conspiracy theories, this week.

In a tweet, Trump said Krebs was canned because he hadn’t affirmed Trump’s baseless claims of “massive improprieties and fraud” in the 2020 elections.

After Krebs’ ouster, observers across the aisle praised the outgoing official’s work. “It is a dark day for government integrity if Director Krebs has been fired due to his adherence to the truth,” Vermont Secretary of State Jim Condos (D) said. Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) said Krebs “is a dedicated public servant who has done a remarkable job during a challenging time.”

“Chris Krebs did a really good job — as state election officials all across the nation will tell you — and he obviously should not be fired,” Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) said.

Return to “POLITICS”