2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by Matnum PI »

The software, too? Really?! When states were announcing who won on the same day as the elections, you "just knew". Really?! You mean how states have announced the winners for the entirety of our lifetimes? That ridiculously common occurrence is what threw up the red flag for you? really...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:50 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:25 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:18 pm wow. Giuliani sounds all but exactly like Trump. non-sensical. Just awful.

Giuliani has a pretty good sweat going. No one else on stage sweating like he is. Looks like a Nixon moment.
Is it worth pointing out that the campaign has filed nearly thirty lawsuits without either the submission of evidence of wrongdoing, or acceptance of one shred into evidence by a court? The madness of Mayor Rudy?
This is all just theater for the consumption of the Trumpnista. As someone said yesterday, all Trump is doing in the courts is trying to cash a lottery ticket that has expired.

It should be noted that about a half dozen blue states are still counting their final ballots. New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Cali, Oregon and Washington. Biden currently has a lead of 5.9 million votes, with a guesstimated 5-7 million left to count. He will win by something like 6.5 million when all the counting is done by roughly end of the month. He will likely win Pennsylvania by over 100,000 votes, currently at 83,000.

This is normal. Every presidential election year, these states don't finish their counts until just before their mandated certification dates.
I had to shut it off, when Powell started in with "communist money from Venezuela, Cuba and probably China." This was maybe the most disgraceful thing I have ever seen by a public figure.

McConnell is 78, just elected to another six year term. If he cared even a little about this country, he could hold a brief press conference and call Biden the President-Elect and simply and squarely disagree with this fund-raising charade.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

In 2006, the man who created this software admitted to being able to easily switch one million votes with this system and we continued to use this software anyway. Right. The software is *that* vulnerable and nobody thought to do anything. This reeks of nonsense. if true, *which i do not believe*, this is an indictment of the US Government, not the Dems.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

"This is not about changing an outcome"... when the person right before her said, "Pres. Trump won by a landslide and we are going to prove this."
Caddy Day
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:02 pm In 2006, the man who created this software admitted to being able to easily switch one million votes with this system and we continued to use this software anyway. Right. The software is *that* vulnerable and nobody thought to do anything. This reeks of nonsense. if true, *which i do not believe*, this is an indictment of the US Government, not the Dems.
It makes me long for the days of the those old mechanical voting machines. They worked really well for a hundred years. That rascal vlad could never find a way to influence or change a mechanical vote. It took our modern technology to foul up something as simple as casting a vote. i am pretty sure when i voted this year that vlad was next to the machine winking at me to vote for the trump... :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:58 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:18 pm wow. Giuliani sounds all but exactly like Trump. non-sensical. Just awful.

Giuliani has a pretty good sweat going. No one else on stage sweating like he is. Looks like a Nixon moment.
Is it worth pointing out that the campaign has filed nearly thirty lawsuits without either the submission of evidence of wrongdoing, or acceptance of one shred into evidence by a court? The madness of Mayor Rudy?
This is all just theater for the consumption of the Trumpnista. As someone said yesterday, all Trump is doing in the courts is trying to cash a lottery ticket that has expired.

It should be noted that about a half dozen blue states are still counting their final ballots. New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Cali, Oregon and Washington. Biden currently has a lead of 5.9 million votes, with a guesstimated 5-7 million left to count. He will win by something like 6.5 million when all the counting is done by roughly end of the month. He will likely win Pennsylvania by over 100,000 votes, currently at 83,000.

This is normal. Every presidential election year, these states don't finish their counts until just before their mandated certification dates.
I had to shut it off, when Powell started in with "communist money from Venezuela, Cuba and probably China." This was maybe the most disgraceful thing I have ever seen by a public figure.

McConnell is 78, just elected to another six year term. If he cared even a little about this country, he could hold a brief press conference and call Biden the President-Elect and simply and squarely disagree with this fund-raising charade.
McConnell is worried about the Georgia Senate race, that is all he cares about right now. That election determines his future. He doesn't give a rates ass about Trump. The other Senate republicans, most all of them are the same way, its all about Georgia. There are a few fascists, like Ron Johnson who also care about Trump's election. These guys are spineless, this should be a surprise to no one.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

rudy, the journalists do call it evidence. they call it unsubstantiated evidence, irrelevant evidence, etc. you have evidence, yes. but the judges are not impressed with the evidence and the journalists are reporting this...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Wondered what that was. Giuliani's hair dye is leaking.

Caddy Day
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:58 pm

No doubt Cuba will love a Biden presidency. Should be another boon to Cuban Tourism.
ggait

Post by ggait »

It makes me long for the days of the those old mechanical voting machines.
Easiest method to hack.

Absolutely no way to audit a lever pull machine. So the easiest scam is for partisan poll staffers to just pull the lever a few more times when no one is looking.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
ggait

Post by ggait »

I had to shut it off, when Powell started in with "communist money from Venezuela, Cuba and probably China."
Nothing about George Soros? Disappointing they left that bullet in the gun.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Giuliani’s fantasy parade of false voter-fraud claims

“The software that they use is done by a company called Smartmatic, a company that was founded by [Hugo] Chávez and by Chávez’s two allies, who still own it. And it’s been used to cheat in elections in South America. It was banned by the United States several — about a decade ago. It’s come back now as a subcontractor to other companies. It sort of hides in the weeds. But Dominion sends everything to Smartmatic. Can you believe it? Our votes are sent overseas. They are sent to someplace else, some other country. Why do they leave our country?”
— Giuliani, on Fox News’s “Sunday Morning Futures,” Nov. 15

Smartmatic, on its own fact check page, says this is all crazy. Smartmatic, an election technology company, was founded and incorporated in the United States in 2000, inspired by the hanging-chad debate in the 2000 election. It is now headquartered in London.

“Two of the founders, Antonio Mugica and Roger Piñate, continue to run the company as CEO and President, respectively,” the company says. “The majority of shares (83%) are held by SGO, a company owned by the Mugica and Piñate families. The remaining shares are held by employees (10%) and angel investors (7%).”

“Smartmatic’s software is not licensed or otherwise used by other companies,” the company says.

There is a long-ago corporate connection to Venezuela, according to news accounts in 2006. Smartmatic replaced Venezuela’s election machinery before a referendum that confirmed Chávez as president in August 2004, and the Venezuelan government made a $200,000 loan to another technology company owned by some of the same people as Smartmatic. With the money from its contracts with Venezuela, Smartmatic in 2005 bought Sequoia Voting Systems, which had contracts in 17 states. But it sold Sequoia in 2007 after an investigation was launched by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States into the company’s possible Venezuela ties.
Caddy Day
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:22 pm
I had to shut it off, when Powell started in with "communist money from Venezuela, Cuba and probably China."
Nothing about George Soros? Disappointing they left that bullet in the gun.
Well, I stopped watching. She certainly could have mentioned Soros and done some proper dog-whistling there. You do want to hit all the constituencies.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:22 pm Nothing about George Soros? Disappointing they left that bullet in the gun.
There was a mention. Seperately, WaPo spoke to this on Monday...

“The chairman of Smartmatic is a close business associate of George Soros.”
— Giuliani, on Fox News’s “Sunday Morning Futures,” Nov. 15

Mark Malloch-Brown is chairman of SGO Corp., the parent company of Smartmatic. Malloch-Brown is also on the board of Soros’s Open Society Foundations, which makes grants to civil society groups. George Soros is a billionaire backer of liberal causes, so Giuliani is sending a dog whistle to his right-wing audience. Soros otherwise has no connection to Smartmatic.
Caddy Day
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:02 pm In 2006, the man who created this software admitted to being able to easily switch one million votes with this system and we continued to use this software anyway. Right. The software is *that* vulnerable and nobody thought to do anything. This reeks of nonsense. if true, *which i do not believe*, this is an indictment of the US Government, not the Dems.
It is not true. It is horsesh!t trading on the Trumpnista distrust of computers and all things modern. :lol:

I hope these lawyers got their money up front. They are going to have no reputation left when this theater is all done. :lol:

This farce will hopefully drive a lot of republicans in Georgia to pull the lever for the dems making it easier for Biden to actually govern. This has got to disgust a lot of sane republicans (the seemingly few there are). At the same time, I think this hurts Trump in any 2024 bid.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

The woman just said, We need paper ballots so one person will have 1 vote. I had to pause my mind for a second to recognize how ridiculous this statement is... and then I could unpause. One person, one vote and the best way is... Paper ballots?! Amazing...
Caddy Day
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:31 pm The woman just said, We need paper ballots so one person will have 1 vote. I had to pause my mind for a second to recognize how ridiculous this statement is... and then I could unpause. One person, one vote and the best way is... Paper ballots?! Amazing...
I am not watching. I hope this is a video conference style proceeding. Else they are going to have to scrub the chambers down after the proceeding, so much sh!t on the floor and walls. :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:04 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:07 am
CU88 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:00 am
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:08 am Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
2h
Important News Conference today by lawyers on a very clear and viable path to victory. Pieces are very nicely falling into place. RNC at 12:00 P.M.

for context, According to NBC's Pete Williams, the Trump campaign and other Republican interests have filed at least 30 election lawsuits in 6 states: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Penn. and Wisconsin. So far, no court has found a single instance of fraud. @NBCNews
Why is the RNC enabling this farce?
Trump has a 90% approval rating among Republican voters.
Ninety percent of what? This is a snippet from EJ Dionne's column in the Post this AM:

"Given Trump’s intemperate and often wild ranting in the campaign’s final weeks and the growing public role in GOP politics of QAnon conspiracists, the Proud Boys and other previously marginal extremist groups, these voters may well be more radical than the party as a whole. This means that Republicans looking to the future may be more focused on keeping such Trump loyalists in the electorate than on backing away from his abuses.

Trump’s bitterest harvest could thus be a Republican Party with absolutely no interest in a more moderate course and every reason to keep its supporters angry and on edge. Ignoring reality and denying Trump’s defeat are part of that effort
."

The GOP is something you may not recognize anymore.
If you’re a liberal dem you don’t want this. If you get moderate Rs crossing over they’re the marginal vote and will be catered too more than the screaming hipsters for free stuff and an easy life. It’s better for the left to have a stable two party system in reality.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:19 pm
It makes me long for the days of the those old mechanical voting machines.
Easiest method to hack.

Absolutely no way to audit a lever pull machine. So the easiest scam is for partisan poll staffers to just pull the lever a few more times when no one is looking.
No it does not work that way. Every time you clear the levers the machine is reset. Every precinct keeps track of every voter. Every time the machine is cleared no matter who you voted for the count keeps going on. If 5000 people show up to vote then the machine tally will add up to 5000 people. The poll people can try to cheat but they can't fudge the numbers. For goodness sakes my neighbor was a poll watcher with these machines back in the 80s and 90s. Every time you pull the lever to open up the curtain you have registered one voter. Every time you pull that lever you clear the levers on the machine. Both partys have poll watchers at every polling station. How is a partisan staffer going to pull of extra voting if the numbers don't add up to the same # of people that show up to vote ? Basic math will tell you something funny has been going on. I never once in my lifetime heard someone try to scam these machines. I'm sure it is possible, just not practical, unless maybe your voting on these machines in Philly?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”