Parler

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: Parler

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:53 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:32 am
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:55 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:41 am So lets get this straight.

American citizen who supports Trump starts company that has a "reported" 8M users. Frenzy ensures about the app being able to post right leaning democratic news, uncensored content, and track user data.

China has company that can pump content directly onto the phones of 80M US users (mostly minors), tracks user data, and can read clipboard info. Frenzy ensues about potentially limiting access.

Makes sense.

:roll:
Starting to realize that viewing the world through a partisan lense may not be the best way to go through life, are we? ;) :lol:

I will say this, though-----if you're a criminal or say, Putin----how stoked are you that millions of some of the most gullible and vulnerable Americans put a stake in the ground with Parler and said "We're right here! Do your worst". I mean---look at the complaints over passwords. :lol:

Price of the 1A. Parler is free to do this.

And I find the discussion on changing laws to make social media sites (including this one) liable ONLY if they act as an editor is just about to the dumbest thing we've ever proposed as a nation. We'd be incentivizing sites to allow criminals and political disinformation to do their worst. How stupid is that?
So forgive me for pointing out the hypocritical partisan lense of the left.

Here at Fanlax we were told when we started a couple years ago there would be no moderators, no censorship. At all. People would be free to moderate on their own. Letting the people judge and ignore if needed. Yet Mattnum/Admin has since issued warnings, instituted a penalty box, deleted content, installed a language filter.

It's his place, his rules, but interesting indeed. Seems like everyone, even the best intentioned, has their own ideas of what should/should not be allowed on their favorite app/website. Yet here we are, playing by the rules. OR free to hate it and leave.

So what's the beef with Twitter/Parler/Facebook/TikToc again?
We want a tripe free zone here.
DR, heal thyself.

;)
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kram, besides the fact that you keep using whattaboutism over and over despite complaining about it, you’ve given your SS and license info to Facebook and Twitter?

And you think there’s no difference between Zuckerfudge and Jack Dorsey compared with Rebekah Mercer? That’s insane to believe.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:02 pm You give your SS and license info to Facebook and Twitter?

And you think there’s no difference between Zuckerfudge and Jack Dorsey compared with Rebekah Mercer? That’s insane to believe.
Me? No. But Twitter, asks for it too. Just like to verify on Parler.

And when Twitter banned a number of users who fell for a user "prank" (getting people's accounts shut down for changing their birth date) The only way to reactivate was to submit a copy of your license for review.

And I do think Dorsey and Mercer are just opposite sides of the same coin.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I would never do that which is perhaps why I don’t screw around w Twitter.

Regardless your avoiding the more important question. Do you believe the intent of Rebekah Mercer starting Parker given her background (funding Breitbart, publicly hating the Clintons, being behind The ted cruz campaign then turning on him when Trump beat him, Controlling Cambridge analytica with what we know they did which was criminal and openly dishonest, coming from an engineering family and having a computer science/engineering background and having worked at Daddy’s renaissance technologies, etc, etc) is the same as dumb hipster loser Zuckerberg or Dorsey starting those two platforms? If you can’t acknowledge the difference or even begin to see what she’s trying to accomplish I don’t know what to possibly tell you.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So you're speaking of intentions. I'm speaking of known actions and actual outcomes that involve those Apps.
You can say Mercer has evil intents. Possibly. Those who know her resume can see the writing on the wall.
Dorsey and Zuck ARE those things too. As are their Apps. Even if they were hipster losers who stumbled upon it.
End result is the same. Americans lose.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Cambridge Analytica, her shop, lied to Facebook about what they were taking in term of personal information, from Facebook. That’s actual fact.

The end result isn’t the same and, again whattaboutism (there’s a Facebook thread already I don’t see anywhere near the top here), your inability or unwillingness to distinguish between some commercial interests and interest in destroying the society we live in for her own singular interests (Facebook and Twitter are public and who’s shares are owned by everyone with a IRA or 401k) is an interesting signal.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:01 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:53 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:32 am
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:55 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:41 am So lets get this straight.

American citizen who supports Trump starts company that has a "reported" 8M users. Frenzy ensures about the app being able to post right leaning democratic news, uncensored content, and track user data.

China has company that can pump content directly onto the phones of 80M US users (mostly minors), tracks user data, and can read clipboard info. Frenzy ensues about potentially limiting access.

Makes sense.

:roll:
Starting to realize that viewing the world through a partisan lense may not be the best way to go through life, are we? ;) :lol:

I will say this, though-----if you're a criminal or say, Putin----how stoked are you that millions of some of the most gullible and vulnerable Americans put a stake in the ground with Parler and said "We're right here! Do your worst". I mean---look at the complaints over passwords. :lol:

Price of the 1A. Parler is free to do this.

And I find the discussion on changing laws to make social media sites (including this one) liable ONLY if they act as an editor is just about to the dumbest thing we've ever proposed as a nation. We'd be incentivizing sites to allow criminals and political disinformation to do their worst. How stupid is that?
So forgive me for pointing out the hypocritical partisan lense of the left.

Here at Fanlax we were told when we started a couple years ago there would be no moderators, no censorship. At all. People would be free to moderate on their own. Letting the people judge and ignore if needed. Yet Mattnum/Admin has since issued warnings, instituted a penalty box, deleted content, installed a language filter.

It's his place, his rules, but interesting indeed. Seems like everyone, even the best intentioned, has their own ideas of what should/should not be allowed on their favorite app/website. Yet here we are, playing by the rules. OR free to hate it and leave.

So what's the beef with Twitter/Parler/Facebook/TikToc again?
We want a tripe free zone here.
DR, heal thyself.

;)
Kram,
Perhaps you ‘misremember’ the beginning of Fanlax and how we arrived at the current state.

There was substantial discussion among the first folks who joined as to what rules were desired, and which not.

We collectively decided to have a zone with zero moderation and another with a light hand with warnings etc. There was a desire for an area with a modicum of civility, but no bias as to viewpoints, coaches criticized, etc. No great surprise, Hamsterdam area gets very little usage.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Much along these lines:
https://nypost.com/2020/11/18/democrats ... ensorship/

"I believe in free speech, as long as I agree with the speech."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Old Game, new tricks. BHO is back on his high horse, pissin and moaning about about Rush, Fox, and whoever does not think like him, just like in his first term. In their mind....never let a crisis go to waste, we can thank Trump for teeing this one up..again. The left, oh you betcha' they'll ride this wave to see what they can shut down and who they can silence. If you control the message.....you shape the desired outcome.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:18 pm If you control the message.....you shape the desired outcome.
YA, are you related to the Mercer family?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:22 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:18 pm If you control the message.....you shape the desired outcome.
YA, are you related to the Mercer family?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Apparently asking people not to blatantly lie about things is censorship. And labeling blatant lies is now censorship.

It's been a non-stop onslaught of lies the past 4 years. "Alternative facts." If CNN says the sky is blue, you'll have half the country saying it's purple and crying like a snowflake when someone calls them out on it.

There has been one group constantly attacking the other non-stop in the media since the repeal of the fairness doctrine and then claiming they're the victims. The question is, how do we get the toothpaste back in the tube and re-unite the USA and let the adults handle things?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:31 pm Apparently asking people not to blatantly lie about things is censorship. And labeling blatant lies is now censorship.

It's been a non-stop onslaught of lies the past 4 years. "Alternative facts." If CNN says the sky is blue, you'll have half the country saying it's purple and crying like a snowflake when someone calls them out on it.

There has been one group constantly attacking the other non-stop in the media since the repeal of the fairness doctrine and then claiming they're the victims. The question is, how do we get the toothpaste back in the tube and re-unite the USA and let the adults handle things?
Yep. We are circling the drain.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Apropos that Joe and Kamala are taking over for the final swirl.

;)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bill Gates review of Parler.

All these programs / apps are dangerous to society because Americans aren't mature enough to make use of them intelligently. Scumbags / conmen / salesmen like it that way. The fewer protections the better, the easier to shear the sheep. Parler seems to be the worst of a bad lot.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:17 am Bill Gates review of Parler.

All these programs / apps are dangerous to society because Americans aren't mature enough to make use of them intelligently. Scumbags / conmen / salesmen like it that way. The fewer protections the better, the easier to shear the sheep. Parler seems to be the worst of a bad lot.
IMO the term "scumbag" is pretty dog gone appropriate for a guy like Bill Gates? So now Bill Gates has somehow earned the right to label who is a scumbag? Why don't we just allow the wolves to guard the henhouses of America. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:18 am Apropos that Joe and Kamala are taking over for the final swirl.

;)
I only hope that Joes hair plugs hold up to an intense swirlie... :lol: Cue ball Joe might scare the hell out of America. Well we have been told by the FLP folks here that the nation elected Mr Clean to run our country. He might as well look the part. ;)
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:04 am

IMO the term "scumbag" is pretty dog gone appropriate for a guy like Bill Gates? So now Bill Gates has somehow earned the right to label who is a scumbag? Why don't we just allow the wolves to guard the henhouses of America. :roll:
That was '72 not Gates.
He's right, but it wasn't a quote far as I could tell.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:08 am

That was '72 not Gates.
I stand corrected sir, you are right. :oops: That was after 2 cups of joe. Time for Roxy and i to take a stroll. ;)
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:14 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:08 am

That was '72 not Gates.
I stand corrected sir, you are right. :oops: That was after 2 cups of joe. Time for Roxy and i to take a stroll. ;)
Give Roxy a scratch and a rub for all of us.

Return to “POLITICS”