All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

ggait

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by ggait »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:43 pm Dr. Fauci: “America has an independent spirit but now is the time to do what you’re told.”
Screw that.

I like to drive 100 miles an hour. While drunk. And while not wearing pants. It is a lot of fun.

How dare the g-d govt nannies try to control me.

My choice! My rights!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:58 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:43 pm Dr. Fauci: “America has an independent spirit but now is the time to do what you’re told.”
Screw that.

I like to drive 100 miles an hour. While drunk. And while not wearing pants. It is a lot of fun.

My choice! My rights!
The government can't tell me if a pedophile lives on my block..... let the kids figure it out on their own...... we don't need the government involved.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:33 pm
Screw that.

My choice! My rights!
The government can't tell me if a pedophile lives on my block..... let the kids figure it out on their own...... we don't need the government involved.
Maybe you’ll get The Jesus as a neighbor!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:39 pm
Screw that.

My choice! My rights!
I don’t want the government telling my butcher that he can’t sell old meat.....I see airbags have been recalled....I have no idea why....if it doesn’t work properly, buy a different car next time. I don’t need the government to think for me.....my neighbor’s are going to be upset when I start a strip club out of my garage.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:49 pm
Screw that.

My choice! My rights!
I don’t want the government telling my butcher that he can’t sell old meat.....I see airbags have been recalled....I have no idea why....if it doesn’t work properly, buy a different car next time. I don’t need the government to think for me.....my neighbor’s are going to be upset when I start a strip club out of my garage.
... and a rattlesnake farm out behind the garage.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yes, I want the rattlesnakes too as they're a terrific deterrent for anyone thinking of snagging a few of the plants I don't want the government telling me I can't grow.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:11 pm
Screw that.

My choice! My rights!
... and a rattlesnake farm out behind the garage.
Why not? The government can’t tell me what to do!! The guys will “rise up” when I open up in the neighborhood!!
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:20 pm Yes, I want the rattlesnakes too as they're a terrific deterrent for anyone thinking of snagging a few of the plants I don't want the government telling me I can't grow.
We are not talking about those wimpy little Western Diamondbacks either. We are going with the larger Eastern Diamondbacks, largest rattlesnake species!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bet yer asz, that aint skunk weed out there growin', I want the big snakes slithering the perimeter (with a couple in the crop for the possible slippery snatcher who sneaks past the perimeter).
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

For those folks in the Baltimore-Washington corridor, the observation and projections coming out of my wife's employer (cover central MD from the PA line, to NOVA and Washington DC says it is going to start getting significantly worse in that corridor. The numbers out of the western part of the state is getting most of the attention currently, but it looks like infections are really picking up in the corridor. Probably not surprising, we have had relatively low numbers through October. Don't expect it to stay that way. Hogan is clearly favoring jobs in bars and restaurants with the colder weather getting ready to settle in.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Screw that.

My choice! My rights!
I want the right to arm bears. There’s nothing like a bi-polar bear with a AK-47 all liquored up.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Last edited by jhu72 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Again, the strain is important. WHAT are the strain numbers?

Getting away from the much more deadly, Chinese, Wuhan strain is a good thing:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/local12.co ... cincinnati
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Screw that.

My choice! My rights!
I'm guessing you meant that to be a "strip steak" club? Where you only sell the freshest meat?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:18 pm
Screw that.

My choice! My rights!
I want the right to arm bears. There’s nothing like a bi-polar bear with a AK-47 all liquored up.
I think I saw one of those at a Bills tail gate party one time.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:38 pm Again, the strain is important. WHAT are the strain numbers?

What is interesting about that article is that in 2018 a SARS virus was killing pigs, it was just not jumping to humans at that point.

My pain point about the science is that we do not hear much about the science any longer. We do not hear about viral load of infections, we do not hear about what is truly going on with hospital patients like we did in Spring 2020. are our therapeutics working better....all we hear is run and hide, as if we've learned nothing but wear a damned mask and SD.

Like the 2018 article and like the past SARS/MERS...they seem to die off OR immunity finds a way to kill them off. And yet, the science, via the media, is not giving us any feedback or implications that either of those possibilities are going to happen....its masks or pray for vaccine, why is that?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Bart

Post by Bart »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:38 pm Again, the strain is important. WHAT are the strain numbers?

The D strain seems to have been the dominant strain for some time in the US. There is quite alot of debate on this topic and there is alot of data supporting both sides of this equation. I have been looking at the literature for a few days looking to see if I could get a sense of this and it is difficult to do. Some say the D strain is easy to kill. Some say the D strain is more virulent. Some say there is no difference in virulence. It really is all over the place, that and the fact that many of the papers I have looked at are preprints. I have no idea what they will look like when they are peer reviewed and published. There is also a V483G mutant that is supposedly worse and does not interact with neutralizing antibodies? Again, it is all over the place.

Right now, that the mutations do not appear to be significant enough to alter the shape of the spike protein so current vaccine targets are still being targeted. Will this hold up? I f'n hope so.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:41 pm Your such a superior Azzwipe I would think you'd be familiar with her unique musicianship. She's fabulous
6ft (and all), discuss issues, not post-ers. No personal attacks.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:27 am

What is interesting about that article is that in 2018 a SARS virus was killing pigs, it was just not jumping to humans at that point.

My pain point about the science is that we do not hear much about the science any longer. We do not hear about viral load of infections, we do not hear about what is truly going on with hospital patients like we did in Spring 2020. are our therapeutics working better....all we hear is run and hide, as if we've learned nothing but wear a damned mask and SD.

Like the 2018 article and like the past SARS/MERS...they seem to die off OR immunity finds a way to kill them off. And yet, the science, via the media, is not giving us any feedback or implications that either of those possibilities are going to happen....its masks or pray for vaccine, why is that?
I wonder if you are looking in the right place. The regular media wants readers. The scientific community evaluates and shares the information you are describing. I remember that Bart and some others shared information that was interesting, if miles over my head, from medical journals and results of trials and evaluations. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19057-5

https://news.weill.cornell.edu/news/202 ... out-cancer
Bart

Post by Bart »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:27 am

As for SARS. I do not think it "burned out". I think it was brought under control by simple isolation methods. I believe it was spread only when patients showed symptoms and as such, isolating patients whom were symptomatic would isolate the vectors for spread. This certainly is not the case with the current covid version.

Return to “POLITICS”