Cornell 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Ivyman

Re: Cornell 2021

Post by Ivyman »

Low False positivity is great. Low False negativity is worthwhile also. ;)
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

String King has posted a hilarious video featuring Connor Buczek on Instagram. It's well worth a watch.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The 21 Run is going virtual! Support George’s legacy and promote Children’s Literacy.

Where: Anywhere!

When: Any time between November 10th & 21st.

https://www.boiardifoundation.org/21-run
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
VeryRustyRed

Post by VeryRustyRed »

Terry Foy has a very complimentary article (focused on this year's freshman class + team culture) on Cornell Lax in today's IL.
An excellent read.
offense9

Post by offense9 »

Interesting
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (25.49 KiB) Viewed 4258 times
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

IL Matt Kinnear tweet
Ivy League spring sports will be postponed through at least February 2021, according to an Ivy institution Zoom call just now. Winter sports are canceled.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

AreaLax wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:52 pm IL Matt Kinnear tweet
Ivy League spring sports will be postponed through at least February 2021, according to an Ivy institution Zoom call just now. Winter sports are canceled.
I expected that. My guess it will be conference only if anything. I am hoping for the very least a conference only season.
“I wish you would!”
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Other part of Ivy decision was that fall 2020 sports will not be moved to spring. I'd take conference-only in a heartbeat right now if...
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I know that this might be inadequate for many, but it would be great if they could at least play a "Red & White" game in some format in order to show spirit and give the Cornell Community something to enjoy.
dp68

Post by dp68 »

faircornell wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:36 pm I know that this might be inadequate for many, but it would be great if they could at least play a "Red & White" game in some format in order to show spirit and give the Cornell Community something to enjoy.
I can't imagine Cornell would allow anyone to attend, if the school/league deems the spring season too risky. But yes, I miss lacrosse very much and would take anything at this point.
drunkmonkey30

Post by drunkmonkey30 »

Nice write up on CJ Kirst and the rest of the Freshman class.....

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... mold/57005
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

dp68 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:58 pm
faircornell wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:36 pm I know that this might be inadequate for many, but it would be great if they could at least play a "Red & White" game in some format in order to show spirit and give the Cornell Community something to enjoy.
I can't imagine Cornell would allow anyone to attend, if the school/league deems the spring season too risky. But yes, I miss lacrosse very much and would take anything at this point.
I agree that having in person attendees wouldn't work (although, social distancing in the Crescent could work). I do wonder about streaming, though. Team Canada has been streaming Red vs White games for ice hockey and field hockey and perhaps other sports with no live crowd. The Cornell Lacrosse Town Halls have been averaging around 200 viewers, if not more. I wonder if one more opportunity to see the 2021 Seniors play would merit some consideration of this idea. I realize that the probability of this happening is low, and I trust the Administration to do the right thing in terms of public health decisions.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

President Pollack's message for the Spring Semester indicates a start date for the term of February 8th, and an end date of 25 May, with no immediate plans for in person graduation (although she does hold out some hope). There will be no Spring Break, but two "Wellness" breaks of two days each. It's all likely quite wise. She notes that flexibility is important, and implies that things could get better.

I do hope that for the sake of the players that the lacrosse team is allowed to practice in some way in order to help the men keep improving for 2022, poet Cornell play, and their own general well being.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

The Brampton Excelsiors' owner has gained approval from everyone except the OLA to move to Owen Sound, 90 miles Northwest of Brampton.

The Club has had active participation from Cornellians Jeff Teat and Clarke Petterson. Also, Dan Teat, Cornell parent, is an active coach, and former player. Mr Teat has posted a petition on Twitter in opposition to the move. The club has been in Brampton since the 19th century.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Stanford was actually founded (on the academic side) by a group of Cornell professors.

Given better financial aid, a better chance of playing a sport on field (versus the Ivy League), better weather, and a marginally more respected degree, it's not terribly surprising.

That said, I've no direct information, so it may be something else.
sanelaxparent

Post by sanelaxparent »

A Stanford degree is more than 'marginally' more prestigious than a Cornell degree and playing football there is a huge jump from Ivy League lacrosse. If you can play football at Stanford, even as a walk-on, that's legit impressive!
DMac

Post by DMac »

It might be to you but to those of us who don't have their nose in the air and need to be stroked about how much better we are are than the next guy, it's not. Two mighty good schools, a degree from either will likely serve you well.
So you'd rather play football at Stanford than lacrosse at Cornell. That doesn't impress me much, in fact, I don't see it as a good decision. Wonder how Ricky is enjoying his football career so far as he sits on the sidelines with a season ending injury? You're going to get banged up and hurt playing football it's inevitable, but if that's you're bag, knock yourself out. I know which game you'll have a whole lot more fun playing at practice five or six days a week too. Different strokes for different folks, I guess, but I'd sure rather play lacrosse (offers so much more than football) than football seven days a week (played both).
Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

He's a Cali kid. Stanford carries a little more weight. If he likes football, he'd be a lot more likely to see significant PT at Cornell, and could play both like Eamon, Bobby Smith, Ting Vanneman, Dave Mellon, Doug Zirkle, Craig Jaeger and others. Still, sorry to see this. More defense would be great.
another fan

Post by another fan »

There are many good young poles in the pipeline. There is another recruit in his class, J. Singer from Syosset, who is similar-- big, athletic football/lax player. Singer would probably be higher rated at this point, if those rankings have any meaning. Still, sorry to see him go. Can't knock a kid for going to Stanford, attempting to play football, and being close to home.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”