2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump Gets FIRED, Zombie GOP lives on.

Post by CU88 »

ggait wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:49 am
Great question...however, TRUMPISM clearly IS on the ballot...can the Dems make that abundantly clear?
With Trump on the ballot, Trump just lost in GA narrowly. Turnout being driven on both sides by love/hate for Trump the person, more than sentiment over the Trump policies or the Trump party. In the same election, Purdue (head-to-head with a Dem) just won narrowly but was sub 50%.

Presumably turnout in January will be lower as some MAGAs and Never Trumpers both stay home. But who will stay home more? In 2018, nicked off Dems (with Trump in office but not on the ballot) came out in droves and the MAGAs stayed home. In 2020, both sides turned out big.

Really anyone's guess how these run-offs will go. Do the Dems again come out in droves to put the final nail in the MAGA coffin? Are the MAGAs PO-ed enough about the steal to still come out even though they're really voting for Mitch rather than the Dear Leader?

I'd guess advantage Rs. It is probably easier to stoke fear about an AOC/Bernie/Soros world takeover than to get low propensity Dems out one more time now that Orange-man-bad has been vanquished. These days, whoever has the better boogie man to run against usually wins.
Does IMPOTUS o d go to GA to attend rally's for GOP Senate candidates???
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Will have to look at the numbers, but the argument that RONA was not determinative feels right to me.
Trump's negatives were basically unchanged for all four years. Covid really didn't move the needle there. My guess is that Covid gave Dems one more reason (which they didn't need) to vote against Trump. And Trumpers (who'd been told it was an overblown hoax) didn't have their minds much changed either.

But I think Covid likely was determinative for a completely different reason.

Dems always struggle to get the young and minorities to show up at the polls. Mail-in voting looks like a great tool to get those folks to vote -- no need to get to the polls. Without Covid, you don't get wide spread mail-in voting.

I don't see mail-in voting going away. TBD if that has a long lasting advantage for the Dems in curing their historical turnout problem. But it is certain that Trump will be the last candidate who will ever talk down mail-in voting. That could have been his fatal mistake.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Hmmm.

Trump could spend the next two months on TV gaslighting about The Steal and how only he can save the country from Nasty Kamala and The Squad. And if the Rs take one or both of the runoffs, Trump would claim/conclude that he alone did that.

Or, Trump could concede and work hard to assure a smooth transition and power transfer as envisioned by the Constitution.

If you are a narcissistic attention whore, which one do you pick?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU88 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:56 am
Great question...however, TRUMPISM clearly IS on the ballot...can the Dems make that abundantly clear?
With Trump on the ballot, Trump just lost in GA narrowly. Turnout being driven on both sides by love/hate for Trump the person, more than sentiment over the Trump policies or the Trump party. In the same election, Purdue (head-to-head with a Dem) just won narrowly but was sub 50%.

Presumably turnout in January will be lower as some MAGAs and Never Trumpers both stay home. But who will stay home more? In 2018, nicked off Dems (with Trump in office but not on the ballot) came out in droves and the MAGAs stayed home. In 2020, both sides turned out big.

Really anyone's guess how these run-offs will go. Do the Dems again come out in droves to put the final nail in the MAGA coffin? Are the MAGAs PO-ed enough about the steal to still come out even though they're really voting for Mitch rather than the Dear Leader?

I'd guess advantage Rs. It is probably easier to stoke fear about an AOC/Bernie/Soros world takeover than to get low propensity Dems out one more time now that Orange-man-bad has been vanquished. These days, whoever has the better boogie man to run against usually wins.
Well there are some pretty good strip clubs in Atlanta and I have it on authority of the owner of an establishment called Tattletales (don’t ask how I know this gentleman, it’s business there’s more dirtbag bank CEOs than you all would realize) that Gov Brian Kemp is member of a Silver Club that allows access you couldn’t get at the Eyes Wide Shut House party so there’s some motivation for him to make the trip.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

I agree completely.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:08 pm
Hmmm.

Trump could spend the next two months on TV gaslighting about The Steal and how only he can save the country from Nasty Kamala and The Squad. And if the Rs take one or both of the runoffs, Trump would claim/conclude that he alone did that.

Or, Trump could concede and work hard to assure a smooth transition and power transfer as envisioned by the Constitution.

... I will be surprised if Trump goes to bat for Georgia. Trump people are going to have to work real hard to get him to do that. Trump feels abandoned by the party right now. He feels he is the party, they fu*ked him. They all got re-elected and he didn't, "so why should I go to bat for any of them?" It is easier for him to stay home, even work against them, to show them they need him. "See you lost without me." He doesn't give a rats ass about Georgia or anyone but Donald Dlckweed Trump.

If you are a vindictive, bullying coward which do you pick? :lol:
Last edited by jhu72 on Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

Hmmm.

:lol: :lol: I'm just delighted we have a few months left of this guy.....
ggait

Post by ggait »

.. I will be surprised if Trump goes to bat for Georgia. Trump people are going to have to work real hard to get him to do that.
Of course Trump would never do anything that doesn't benefit him.

But I'm seeing Trump doing Trump rallies, where he can riff about all of his grievances.

With maybe a little mention of the Senate candidates squeezed in at the end.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:18 pm
Hmmm.

... I will be surprised if Trump goes to bat for Georgia. Trump people are going to have to work real hard to get him to do that. Trump feels abandoned by the party right now. He feels he is the party, they fu*ked him. They all got re-elected and he didn't, "so why should I go to bat for any of them?" It is easier for him to stay home, even work against them, to show them they need him. "See you lost without me." He doesn't give a rats ass about Georgia or anyone but Donald Dlckweed Trump.

Keep in mind Kemp got on his list for putting Loeffler in the seat when OD wanted Doug Collins (who’s running the recount for the Reps in Ga now)
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:18 pm
Hmmm.

:lol: :lol: I'm just delighted we have a few months left of this guy.....
Trump isn't going anywhere.

I will wager that he stays a media darling and a champion of the aggrieved rural white working class. He LOVES getting in front of tens of thousands of people who are wearing his politic brand clothing and then taking a mic and complaining about how things are going.

This is just Trump riffing on Fox News, but he can make a career, nay, he can continue a political monolith, and the smart money says he's NOT going away.

Trump won while the opposition. He lost when people adjudged how he had governed. Now he's in his element again.....

njbill

Post by njbill »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:36 am
ggait wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:27 pm Just heard an interesting analysis.

2020 is the same as 2016. Except that most Gary Johnson voters voted for Biden instead.

2016 HC+GJ vs. Trump:

Mich 50.9% -- 47.6%
PA 50.0% -- 48.8%
WI 50.5% -- 47.9%

Seems pretty close. And makes sense -- since we know that hardly any Rs or Ds swing their votes anymore.

Will be interesting to see if Johnson/Biden voters will turn out to be the 2020 version of those famous 2016 Obama/Trump voters.
I saw a few minutes of Fared Zacharia show yesterday where they were discussing the evidence that RONA had an insignificant roll in determining the outcome. I was only half paying attention as I was in the middle of something else at the time. Will have to look at the numbers, but the argument that RONA was not determinative feels right to me.
Me, too. Though perhaps with some voters, here and there.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:58 pm Nope just told them all not to listen to anachronistic culture and race warriors from southern Maryland.
:lol: ...you are so clueless. I resided in SoMd for 25 years. Not where I'm from, Just one of several stops along the way.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Don’t care
ggait

Post by ggait »

Newest conspiracy theory.

Pfizer kept its vaccine announcement quiet until after the election was over in order to give the win to Joe.

Man -- that George Soros is everywhere!!!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:12 pm Newest conspiracy theory.

Pfizer kept its vaccine announcement quiet until after the election was over in order to give the win to Joe.

Man -- that George Soros is everywhere!!!
... just goes to prove it is/was a democrat hoax. :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:06 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:18 pm
Hmmm.

Keep in mind Kemp got on his list for putting Loeffler in the seat when OD wanted Doug Collins (who’s running the recount for the Reps in Ga now)
... there are arguments it could go either way, I just see Trump as less of a politician (who would support his party) and more of a vindictive SOB who would get more short term pleasure out of screwing his own people for leaving him behind - IT IS THEIR FAULT! He has plenty of time to decide what he is going to do. Things may change. But he is going to grow less and less happy as he gets spanked in the courts.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Georgia:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NateSilver53 ... 9947367425

These people really are disgraceful
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

The guy leading the Trump legal fight...has the coronavirus.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JenniferJJac ... 4208946177

It’s like a bad play that your girlfriend’s in and you just have to stay to the end.
ggait

Post by ggait »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:03 pm Georgia:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NateSilver53 ... 9947367425

These people really are disgraceful
Wow -- talk about working the refs!

Eight weeks ahead of the GA Senate run-offs, the two GOP candidates call for the head of the GA Secy of State. Even though he's an R, he obviously failed to sufficiently rig the recent election. Can't be having any of that in January.

But if this Bozo GA Secy of State won't resign, I suggest that all GA Rs boycott the election. Why bother to vote if it is all rigged against you?????

Return to “POLITICS”