Unfit Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: President Elect Biden

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:33 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:06 pm Watched Biden’s speech. Thats an adult. Bye Donald....go back down to the local bar with your deplorables. Good riddance.
Watched a good part of it too and agree. Was nice to see a man who didn't look like a piece of fruit and carry on like an undisciplined child. Sure as hell not going to miss the Joe Cocker routine either.....what an A, #1 aszwhole (scary to think nearly fifty percent disagree, or more accurately are okay with that kind of person being the face of their country).
Kamala was pretty good too. Oh, and I'll take Jill over Melania as the FLOTUS seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, too. We might actually see a FLOTUS who looks engaged and isn't just an eye candy armpiece. What a phony bittch.
+1
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:33 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:06 pm Watched Biden’s speech. Thats an adult. Bye Donald....go back down to the local bar with your deplorables. Good riddance.
Watched a good part of it too and agree. Was nice to see a man who didn't look like a piece of fruit and carry on like an undisciplined child. Sure as hell not going to miss the Joe Cocker routine either.....what an A, #1 aszwhole (scary to think nearly fifty percent disagree, or more accurately are okay with that kind of person being the face of their country).
Kamala was pretty good too. Oh, and I'll take Jill over Melania as the FLOTUS seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, too. We might actually see a FLOTUS who looks engaged and isn't just an eye candy armpiece. What a phony bittch.
I love me some Joe Cocker, this guy can’t hold his jockstrap. Best version of with a little help from my friends for your entertainment

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8ezg0
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
DMac

Post by DMac »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:39 am Yup Jill Biden is real classy too.
Joe was a schtupping the bbsitter all those years ago.
It’s just that the babysitter is older now.

:lol:
Guess you'd have to conclude that Jill's husband wasn't taking good care of his wife, eh?
Forty+ years later one would have to assume the attraction was more than that of a slutty
little tramp having a fling, no? Guess you can turn it all into a smutty little story if you're
stretching and looking for that kind of thing, but I think two people who were right for one
another met and fell in love...not really a whole lot more there than that.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DMac wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:13 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:39 am Yup Jill Biden is real classy too.

Guess you'd have to conclude that Jill's husband wasn't taking good care of his wife, eh?
Forty+ years later one would have to assume the attraction was more than that of a slutty
little tramp having a fling, no? Guess you can turn it all into a smutty little story if you're
stretching and looking for that kind of thing, but I think two people who were right for one
GLad it worked out, but the circumstances of the meeting, with Jill being married and Joe "grieving" is kinda whack.

But it certainly explains why they had no problem and "approved" of Hunter/Beau swapping wives. Totally creepy. But it makes sense when you know the situation surrounding the formation of Jill and Joe's relationship.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

There’s all sorts of paths to happiness.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:49 am I have to tip my hat off to POTUS elect Biden. He learned from all of the mistakes HRC made in 2016. He took the fight to the states he knew he had to win. He won what 71 million votes. That allows me to poke some fun at the folks here who thought conditions were making it too "tough" for folks to vote. Too bad you didn't give all the voters the credit they deserved. The people that were determined to vote did so, that is a great thing. It wasn't all that tough after all. The USA can now begin to sail in a different direction. If that is for better or worse that is TBD, it will be different. I am honestly happy for so many of the stressed out FLP folks on this forum. You are now free to concentrate your anger on the demure little Catholic woman that is the newest member of the SCOTUS. That has to make it easier to focus. :D
Actually, 75.2 million for Biden so far, with another couple million coming from CA, NY etc.
70 million for Trump.

Yes, people found a way to vote...huge # by mail...so didn't need to push everyone through same day.

But some politicians didn't want mail-in voting or early voting to spread it out. They also wanted fewer polling places.

Guess which ones.

But if you want to credit voter turnout and intensity to Trump, I'd agree.
Immensely passionate and consequential.

On Barrett, we'll see. But I don't blame her for the f'd up process of packing the Courts, at each level, with less vetted, highly ideologically conservative jurists. Nor do I blame her for the packing of the Supreme Court.

We'll judge Barrett on her decisions. Let's see.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:21 am

GLad it worked out, but the circumstances of the meeting, with Jill being married and Joe "grieving" is kinda whack.

But it certainly explains why they had no problem and "approved" of Hunter/Beau swapping wives. Totally creepy. But it makes sense when you know the situation surrounding the formation of Jill and Joe's relationship.
One of my best friends said when he was growing up he thought w everyone had one set of grandparents....his grandparents each lost their spouses and the two grandparents left married each other. It was the only grandparents he ever knew. Love shows up in strange places.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

You can't be doing much wife swapping after you're dead, can you? Just a minor little inaccuracy there.
Yes, very different in the eyes of most, so I guess that gives us all the right to criticize and pass judgement.
JFTR, there's a whole lot of wife swapping that goes on out there by couples who are both still alive. Different strokes for different folks and who are you to judge?
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:35 am

You can't be doing much wife swapping after you're dead, can you? Just a minor little inaccuracy there.
Yes, very different in the eyes of most, so I guess that gives us all the right to criticize and pass judgement.
JFTR, there's a whole lot of wife swapping that goes on out there by couples who are both still alive. Different strokes for different folks and who are you to judge?
Ask Jerry Falwell Jr.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Really?
She was separated in '74, in process of divorcing...she met Joe in '75.

Sure doesn't sound 'creepy' to me in the slightest. Sweet and happy, yes.
Not everyone is lucky to marry their college sweetheart and it all works out, as was my case.
I'm happy for those who find someone special, whenever, and it makes them all happy and whole.

The Hunter situation, different story.
I get how it could happen, best friend marries widow or husband of friend...happens.
Emotional connection.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:39 am

Really?

Not everyone is lucky to marry their college sweetheart and it all works out, as was my case.
I'm happy for those who find someone special, whenever, and it makes them all happy and whole.

I get how it could happen, best friend marries widow or husband of friend...happens.
Emotional connection.
I know a guy that married one if his best friend’s widow. They each lost a spouse and came together. Had known each other for years. Some of his teammates were bothered but they got over it. Great blended family now.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:35 am

Exactly. Some don’t like a cucumber til it’s been pickled either
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Really?

Emotional connection.
The hunter part is a little tougher for me, Bros before hos and all of that, but I’m on the happiness where it’s found tip as well. I just personally couldn’t do it to my best friend.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

farfromgeneva wrote
Yes, many different ways to enjoy a cucumber. :D
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:11 am
farfromgeneva wrote
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:27 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:49 am I have to tip my hat off to POTUS elect Biden. He learned from all of the mistakes HRC made in 2016. He took the fight to the states he knew he had to win. He won what 71 million votes. That allows me to poke some fun at the folks here who thought conditions were making it too "tough" for folks to vote. Too bad you didn't give all the voters the credit they deserved. The people that were determined to vote did so, that is a great thing. It wasn't all that tough after all. The USA can now begin to sail in a different direction. If that is for better or worse that is TBD, it will be different. I am honestly happy for so many of the stressed out FLP folks on this forum. You are now free to concentrate your anger on the demure little Catholic woman that is the newest member of the SCOTUS. That has to make it easier to focus. :D
Actually, 75.2 million for Biden so far, with another couple million coming from CA, NY etc.
70 million for Trump.

Yes, people found a way to vote...huge # by mail...so didn't need to push everyone through same day.

But some politicians didn't want mail-in voting or early voting to spread it out. They also wanted fewer polling places.

Guess which ones.

On Barrett, we'll see. But I don't blame her for the f'd up process of packing the Courts, at each level, with less vetted, highly ideologically conservative jurists. Nor do I blame her for the packing of the Supreme Court.

That is a fair analysis of Justice Barrett. She took a lot of heat from posters here that were of the opinion she was not qualified. I too am interested in seeing where her decisions land on the legal spectrum. It is an odd thing about the SCOTUS, depending on your political leanings there is probably no candidate that will ever be "qualified" for the SCOTUS in this day and age. The mail in voting was painfully slow. We have become use to knowing who the POTUS would be on election day. If mail in ballots are to be the new normal, I hope the process can be streamlined so it does not take so dog gone long to count them.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:17 am
DMac wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:11 am
farfromgeneva wrote
Who knew Ms Wormer was a vegetarian. Maybe it was the dead horse in her husband's office?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:29 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:27 am
70 million for Trump.

Guess which ones.

That is a fair analysis of Justice Barrett. She took a lot of heat from posters here that were of the opinion she was not qualified. I too am interested in seeing where her decisions land on the legal spectrum. It is an odd thing about the SCOTUS, depending on your political leanings there is probably no candidate that will ever be "qualified" for the SCOTUS in this day and age. The mail in voting was painfully slow. We have become use to knowing who the POTUS would be on election day. If mail in ballots are to be the new normal, I hope the process can be streamlined so it does not take so dog gone long to count them.
Mail in may not be the new normal, we are in the middle of a pandemic except for the deniers that it exists. But as pointed out, some states either intentionally slow rolled or had rules put in place to not start counting stuff sitting on their laps until Nov 4. That may have contributed a little, along with the Corona.

I think questioning suitability based on resume is fair as long as it's technical. GG pointed out her resume by way of comparison of historical selections. That's not unreasonable. It's too bad she's such a hardcore christian because she looks like she mightve been a hottie when she was younger, solid relative to age now IMO.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:08 am

Really?

Emotional connection.
The hunter part is a little tougher for me, Bros before hos and all of that, but I’m on the happiness where it’s found tip as well. I just personally couldn’t do it to my best friend.
After your best friend has died and you are grieving in common?
Awkward in some ways for sure, but not that unusual.
And Not a betrayal of the friend.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Just my personal feeling, not judging what someone else is doing (presuming there's no emotional manipulation of the grieving spouse going on which I assume wasn't the case there).
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Return to “POLITICS”