2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump Gets FIRED, Zombie GOP lives on.

Post by PizzaSnake »

ggait wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:11 pm
Repudiation is going to take more time. Perhaps jail time.
Absent jail time, the GOP front runner for 2024 is...Donald Trump.

All the folks (other than Mitt Romney) that might take the GOP away from Trumpism have been purged. Hard to see how the GOP could go back in the direction of those forking RINO Deep State establishment Bushies.
I think we’ll see a “natural” solution to this problem before 2024...💀💀
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2020 Elections

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:31 pm I missed the VP. Debate but watched a bit of Pence campaigning for Trump. I thought Pence spoke well and looked very presidential.

So I would put his name into the possibilities for 2024.
Dumb as a rock, but compared favorably to Trump.
Bigoted, too, but much smoother, again comparing favorably to Trump.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Cooter wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:31 pm I missed the VP. Debate but watched a bit of Pence campaigning for Trump. I thought Pence spoke well and looked very presidential.

Like this woman?

https://youtu.be/AUmMUmLYT1Y
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:00 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:20 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:22 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:18 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:41 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:16 pm i'd say trump is better than even money to be there for biden. but i wouldn't bet my money on it.
Would you bet my money?
probably not but don't tempt me.
pm me the receipt for your 6 run, with venmo, paypal address.
I would bet your money Bill. Life is all about collecting as many cheap and free options as possible after all.
OPM, baby. It’s the way to wealth and prosperity.
De-risk and get the upside
Nothing like carried interest.
Anytime possible I try to roll 25-50% of my fees into the deal or operation. It creates a tax nightmare owning tiny fractional percentages, but it's basically my retirement account now as an independent newer business owner. Haven't even tried to figure out how to fund a retirement account as a business owner, know it's doable but it's all scraping tiny interests in client deals and taxable accounts for now with whatever I banked in employee 401k savings just sitting in my desk drawer.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:08 pm

That would be terrific. Pence/Steve King in 24. Ruby Schron as head of HUD. Steven Miller as secretary of state. Double down on things.

Not.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Alito, in his capacity as circuit justice, temporarily granted the GOP’s request that the late arriving PA ballots be segregated. This won’t have any substantive effect because the secretary of state had already directed the county clerks to do so.

It seems that the GOP did not ask that the votes not be counted pending further judicial review.

Sounds like Philadelphia is not counting them for now (hey, why do work that might not need to be done?), but that Pittsburgh is. Don’t know about the other counties.

To be clear, under the current state of the law, the votes can be counted.

4900 late arriving ballots have been received in PA through yesterday. No info on what came today or on the differential between Trump and Biden votes for these 4900.

Assuming Joe got 75% of those votes, then if Joe ends up winning by more than 2450 votes, these late arriving ballots won’t change the outcome. (Of course, we need to add any ballots received today to this analysis.)

Seems virtually certain that this is going to become a moot issue.

Alito directed the Dems to respond by tomorrow afternoon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:57 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:10 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:37 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:14 pm Can we start talking about the “Trump Library”?
Not going to be at Fordham. More likely going to be a Biden Library at Penn.

Maybe a for-profit MAGA-land in Branson, Missouri?
Or turn Mar-A-Lago into the library...
I like both of these ideas. The Branson location would make some money.
:lol: ...the responses to this question illustrate why the expected blue wave wasn't even a ripple.
Not a ripple. Time for you to retire, I think, and dog walk full time.

Biden defeated an incumbent, with every ordinary advantage of incumbency together with a willingness to bend the entirety of the apparatus of the Presidency, from imaging to public money to his reelection campaign. He defeated a relentless liar and cheat. He overcame a cultish devotion of people unwilling to understand the truth both about their hero and about the consequences to them in real terms. In the process Biden flipped four states (AZ, MI, WI, PA) taken by Trump in 2016, and won (or appears to have won) Georgia. That's right: an incumbent Republican couldn't (it appears, at least for now) easily defend Georgia. Your comment is a fail at humor, a fail at anything serious. Maybe get some sleep; read VDH -- it'll help with somnolence.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:27 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:00 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:20 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:22 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:18 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:41 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:16 pm i'd say trump is better than even money to be there for biden. but i wouldn't bet my money on it.
Would you bet my money?
probably not but don't tempt me.
pm me the receipt for your 6 run, with venmo, paypal address.
I would bet your money Bill. Life is all about collecting as many cheap and free options as possible after all.
OPM, baby. It’s the way to wealth and prosperity.
De-risk and get the upside
Nothing like carried interest.
Anytime possible I try to roll 25-50% of my fees into the deal or operation. It creates a tax nightmare owning tiny fractional percentages, but it's basically my retirement account now as an independent newer business owner. Haven't even tried to figure out how to fund a retirement account as a business owner, know it's doable but it's all scraping tiny interests in client deals and taxable accounts for now with whatever I banked in employee 401k savings just sitting in my desk drawer.
That is a smart strategy. It will pay off.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

To continue what sc started.

A man who actively solicited foreign interference in the election solely to try to falsely smear his anticipated political opponent.

A man who oversaw and orchestrated an attempted (and largely if not entirely untrue) smear campaign against his opponent’s son. His opponent who has already had two of his children die. Despicable doesn’t begin to describe what Trump tried to do.

And on and on.

History hasn’t yet written Joe Biden’s full legacy, but he will be ranked up there with Abraham Lincoln and FDR (not saying above) for what he has done to save this great country from the scourge of Donald Trump (may he rot in hell).
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

On the georgia senate runoffs, just had this ad run (while having Fist Fight, secret awesome movie even if edited on TBS, running in background while working) from Warnock and totally caught my attention so pulled it up on the interweb to share. It's good IMO.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/po ... video.html
D3 Fan

Post by D3 Fan »

njbill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:59 pm To continue what sc started.

A man who actively solicited foreign interference in the election solely to try to falsely smear his anticipated political opponent.

A man who oversaw and orchestrated an attempted (and largely if not entirely untrue) smear campaign against his opponent’s son. His opponent who has already had two of his children die. Despicable doesn’t begin to describe what Trump tried to do.

And on and on.

History hasn’t yet written Joe Biden’s full legacy, but he will be ranked up there with Abraham Lincoln and FDR (not saying above) for what he has done to save this great country from the scourge of Donald Trump (may he rot in hell).
Considering the timing that the story broke, I don't doubt for a second that Trump going after Biden's family was a smear campaign. But, at the same time, how do we know the allegations are entirely untrue? We don't and we never will. Same for Trump's family; we'll never know the full extent of what they did, or didn't do. Same for Bush, Clinton, etc. However, it seems Hunter and the Biden family financially benefitted from various business dealings that Hunter was involved in and it seems highly suggestive he was able to capitalize via his last name. Do we honestly, honestly, honestly believe that a guy like Hunter, with no knowledge of energy, the Ukraine and China, was brought in as a subject matter expert? It just smells odd, especially the China part, since they're clearly ramping up to be THE superpower by 2049 and if we don't start acknowledging just how quickly the tide is turning, the next generation may well pay an extremely heavy price. It also seems as if Joe wasn't completely in the dark about Hunter's dealings. Doesn't mean Joe did anything wrong but as an American, I think we all deserve to know just a little bit more about what occurred. Unfortunately, we'll never get that from MSNBC-CNN-Fox-National Review types because they're partisan in their approach and see the facts through roses colored lenses.

While he has defeated Trump, I'm thinking just like 2016 was a repudiation of Hillary, 2020 is a repudiation of Trump, not so much that people believe Biden can be the savior of America. In the big picture, Dems get the presidency but don't gain the Senate, lose seats in the house, got destroyed in many state elections and Biden, honestly, just seemed to be the only viable option to unseat Trump. As the anticipated Blue Wave never materialized, I think it'll be a lame duck presidency until 2022. But I am assuming he could be up there with the likes of FDR and Lincoln just for having defeated Trumpism and bringing back a sense of normalcy to DC.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

What was Pence's rank at Indiana University's law school?
You just voted for someone who was 76 out of 85 at Syracuse.
Last edited by Cooter on Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Free or Die!
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Trump campaign fights on:
The campaign also tapped David Bossie, a Trump adviser who is not a lawyer, to lead the team’s legal effort to contest the results in several key states.
Brilliant! Those darn lawyers are too expensive anyway.

a fan

Post by a fan »

D3 Fan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 pm However, it seems Hunter and the Biden family financially benefitted from various business dealings that Hunter was involved in and it seems highly suggestive he was able to capitalize via his last name. Do we honestly, honestly, honestly believe that a guy like Hunter, with no knowledge of energy, the Ukraine and China, was brought in as a subject matter expert?
Of course he was brought in for his name. There isn't a single person out there who suggests otherwise.
D3 Fan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 pm Doesn't mean Joe did anything wrong but as an American, I think we all deserve to know just a little bit more about what occurred. Unfortunately, we'll never get that from MSNBC-CNN-Fox-National Review types because they're partisan in their approach and see the facts through roses colored lenses.
Buffalo bagels. They all covered it. The FBI investigated it. Nothing illegal happened, and found that yup, it's a conflict of interest for Hunter to get that job. And as you know, TrumpFans don't get to whine about that. Do I need to point out why?

Since you're attempting to throw CNN under the bus for not covering this story: what happened to FoxNews? Do their reporters not have laptops? Did they "forget" to investigate? Why do they get a pass from you for not covering this story "enough" to make you happy?

See, here's the problem with this horsehockey: this is rightwing America's latest game, and it's just too stupid for words. FoxNation runs stories that read "How come CNN etc. didn't cover the Biden XYZ story"? And rightwing America says "yeah---how come they're not covering that story?"

But they don't bother to notice that, whoops, FoxNews isn't investigating and covering that Biden XYZ story, either. Whoops. It's almost as if they DID investigate the supposed story, and there's nothing to report. But FoxNation LOVES the tinfoil hats, and wants every stupid little thing to be a conspiracy. Nope. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

So please, tell me why FoxNews didn't send one single freaking reporter to Ukraine to cover the supposed story? They don't have opposable thumbs and valid US Passports, or something?
D3 Fan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 pm I think it'll be a lame duck presidency until 2022.
Of course it will. McConnell will keep any major bills from hitting the floor. We've seen this movie before.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:46 pm

What was Pence's rank at Indiana's law school?
:D Law school rank? when did you turn into an academic snob?
(That's supposed to be my turf... ;) )
Neither of those laws schools are in the top 100 in the US.

Of course, there are several lawyers on here I would suggest could run circles around them both, intellectually...but Joe ain't 'dumb as rock'...Pence is. It's not an academic performance statement, just that Pence resembles a rock in his density. It's willful density, which makes it worse.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

D3 Fan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:59 pm To continue what sc started.

And on and on.

Considering the timing that the story broke, I don't doubt for a second that Trump going after Biden's family was a smear campaign. But, at the same time, how do we know the allegations are entirely untrue? We don't and we never will. Same for Trump's family; we'll never know the full extent of what they did, or didn't do. Same for Bush, Clinton, etc. However, it seems Hunter and the Biden family financially benefitted from various business dealings that Hunter was involved in and it seems highly suggestive he was able to capitalize via his last name. Do we honestly, honestly, honestly believe that a guy like Hunter, with no knowledge of energy, the Ukraine and China, was brought in as a subject matter expert? It just smells odd, especially the China part, since they're clearly ramping up to be THE superpower by 2049 and if we don't start acknowledging just how quickly the tide is turning, the next generation may well pay an extremely heavy price. It also seems as if Joe wasn't completely in the dark about Hunter's dealings. Doesn't mean Joe did anything wrong but as an American, I think we all deserve to know just a little bit more about what occurred. Unfortunately, we'll never get that from MSNBC-CNN-Fox-National Review types because they're partisan in their approach and see the facts through roses colored lenses.

While he has defeated Trump, I'm thinking just like 2016 was a repudiation of Hillary, 2020 is a repudiation of Trump, not so much that people believe Biden can be the savior of America. In the big picture, Dems get the presidency but don't gain the Senate, lose seats in the house, got destroyed in many state elections and Biden, honestly, just seemed to be the only viable option to unseat Trump. As the anticipated Blue Wave never materialized, I think it'll be a lame duck presidency until 2022. But I am assuming he could be up there with the likes of FDR and Lincoln just for having defeated Trumpism and bringing back a sense of normalcy to DC.
If you (not you, personally) want to be critical of Hunter for his business dealings, I think that’s absolutely fair. But he isn’t the first, second, or 1000th person who has traded on his father’s name.

I understand many think Joe had more knowledge or involvement or whatever than has been publicly disclosed. Sure, that is possible, but notwithstanding the tremendous efforts of Rudy, Barr, and their goons, they haven’t come up with much of anything.

I agree the main stream media probably won’t pay much attention to the story from here on out, but Fox may well. And if Fox doesn’t, it means there is no there there.

The emergence at the end of October of an alleged laptop with all kinds of stuff on it, to me at least, is entirely incredible. Biden made the decision not to attack Trump’s kids to respond to Trump’s attack on Hunter. As I said, I think the attacks were despicable. Hunter is a middle-aged adult. He is responsible for his own actions. Don’t know how old you are or if you have middle-aged kids, but the notion that a late 70s parent is responsible for what his 40+ year old kid does is fanciful to me.

I certainly agree with your last sentence, which was the predominant purpose of my post.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Basically just go to any boarding school or many solid if not top tier NESCac, LL, CC schools and you’ll find tons of kids of politicians and business leaders who suck a**. A bunch were my friends in college and it was fun when they sponsored me and paid for the “Charlie”. However, some grow up and move forward in life and some dont. I’ve seen the whole spectrum.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:01 pm
Cooter wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:46 pm

What was Pence's rank at Indiana's law school?
:D Law school rank? when did you turn into an academic snob?
(That's supposed to be my turf... ;) )
Neither of those laws schools are in the top 100 in the US.

Of course, there are several lawyers on here I would suggest could run circles around them both, intellectually...but Joe ain't 'dumb as rock'...Pence is. It's not an academic performance statement, just that Pence resembles a rock in his density. It's willful density, which makes it worse.
I don't think Pence is dumb.
Live Free or Die!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU77 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:59 pm Trump campaign fights on:
The campaign also tapped David Bossie, a Trump adviser who is not a lawyer, to lead the team’s legal effort to contest the results in several key states.
Brilliant! Those darn lawyers are too expensive anyway.

:lol: :lol:

Yup, his library will be in an old McDonald's situated in a strip mall.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:01 pm On the georgia senate runoffs, just had this ad run (while having Fist Fight, secret awesome movie even if edited on TBS, running in background while working) from Warnock and totally caught my attention so pulled it up on the interweb to share. It's good IMO.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/po ... video.html
... I had seen that back before the election. Very good ad. I really like Warnock. Would love to see him in the Senate. The two republicans are crooks and even republican voters know that. I don't really know much about Ossoff other than some folks think he is the flavor of the week. Warnock talks the talk and walks the walk as best I can tell. He is not new to the scene.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”