Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Orange Duce

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:55 pm Nothing "fancy" about calling that a budget now. ;) Lighten up. Relax. Why do you pick fights. Why do you always have to be right?
Pot, meet kettle.
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:55 pm And stop with the nonsense that these bills aren't budgets, that you claim aren't passed anymore. Why vote on them, than?
They're not the same...and you know they're not the same. The budgets we passed from 1975-1998 were argued over by both parties. They broke up in committees, worked on them, made compromises, and signed them into law. Thought went into them. And they gave money out much more thoughtfully. Oh...and both parties raised taxes when we thought the deficit was getting too high (can you imagine?). And we thought longer term.

That's not what we do anymore. We throw money willy-nilly at our problems, and pass them when we no longer have a choice. Oh, and we borrow every penny of new spending, because R's think paying for what we get is insane.

Partisanship. It's ruining our country, and I'm sick of it.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:57 pm

neat.....now, why are the European Unions locking down, if lock downs didn't work? Evasive. very.

It's the lifting of the lockdowns which caused the resurgence.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:04 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:43 am or, you could have typed Kiwi, Kia and Jane Fonda......the 3 countries you mentioned. Of course, not one of them is anywhere near Europe. Of even Africa. How is Libay's covid numbers? Malawi?

Yeah, Jane killed off all those American troops when she got behind a gun in Vietnam. To this day delusionals of the far right blame her for those deaths even though she demanded that they be home with their families while the pols put them there under flase pretenses.

Delusional right wingers always "think" alike. :lol:
neat.....now, why are the European Unions locking down, if lock downs didn't work? Evasive. very.
Put on your thinking cap.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:02 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:14 am
Just to be clear, anyone that dies from covid19 , from February 2021 on.........is 100% Joe Bidens fault?
Nope. It's Fauci's fault.

Excited to watch four years of you blaming Biden for nothing. TAATS, right? So you didn't blame Trump for doodly....and instead, blamed everyone else.

So obviously, since TAATS, you'll be lashing out at the Media and the RNC, and defending Biden like you did with Trump, right?
He didn’t defend Trump. He said he didn’t like him. I can’t wait for him to defend Biden, if he wins. I wasn’t paying attention...was he deflecting criticism away from Obama?
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:31 pm

soooo.... what's the strategy going forward? i have been itching to know.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:36 pm

Heard from friend visiting his 14 year oks going to Boarding school England that they are locking down again. France has lock down to. Here in this state, we announced rolling back our opening level. Restaurants going back to 50%. I would make it 0% and curbside pick up and outside dining.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:43 pm

Heard from friend visiting his 14 year oks going to Boarding school England that they are locking down again. France has lock down to. Here in this state, we announced rolling back our opening level. Restaurants going back to 50%. I would make it 0% and curbside pick up and outside dining.

It's the old story that you can't argue with success. If it works, keep doing it.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:32 pm

It's the old story that you can't argue with success. If it works, keep doing it.
Beer man thinks the goal of that shutdown is to kill the virus.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i guess brooksie isn't going to hand me the keys.
if you want to run rO under 1, it's lockdowns and/or fear. local. that's the list.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:04 pm

if you want to run rO under 1, it's lockdowns and/or fear. local. that's the list.
Limit the opening to keep the spread down (notice I didn’t type eliminate). Keep the number of places where people can congregate down so that we can buy time. That might be another 12 months....the degree of opening can varybwith the warm weather. Pavilion type covered dining would be ok but not ideal. I just don’t believe doing nothing makes a lot if sense, but what do I know? I am the product of an awful public school system and have relied on common sense and intellect that I was born with.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:57 pm

Limit the opening to keep the spread down (notice I didn’t type eliminate). Keep the number of places where people can congregate down so that we can buy time. That might be another 12 months....the degree of opening can varybwith the warm weather. Pavilion type covered dining would be ok but not ideal. I just don’t believe doing nothing makes a lot if sense, but what do I know? I am the product of an awful public school system and have relied on common sense and intellect that I was born with.
so, what we've been doing?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:09 pm

What we have been doing where?
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:12 pm

ihme says everywhere.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:13 pm

ihme says everywhere.
Un huh. Why does IMHE tell Texas to do one thing and CT to do another?
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:18 pm

ihme says everywhere.
if that's the case, ct better snap to. more cases and almost as many deaths per cap the last couple days. they should get read in up there.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:27 pm

ihme says everywhere.
if that's the case, ct better snap to. more cases and almost as many deaths per cap the last couple days. they should get read in up there.
Announced rollbacks today..... These are things that I suggested we do back in May. I said I would roll back at the end of August based on nothing more than plan old common sense and intellect. You can liberate your state if they rollback. You have the right not to wear a mask or wash your hands. Not sure what they are doing in Texas. My sister lives in Frisco and said the Dallas bars and restaurants were packed like sardines back in September. How did Sturgis go? Any cases yet up that way?
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:48 pm
Announced rollbacks today..... These are things that I suggested we do back in May. I said I would roll back at the end of August based on nothing more than plan old common sense and intellect. You can liberate your state if they rollback. You have the right not to wear a mask or wash your hands. Not sure what they are doing in Texas. My sister lives in Frisco and said the Dallas bars and restaurants were packed like sardines back in September. How did Sturgis go? Any cases yet up that way?

There have been reports of many contaminations (up to 250,000) resulting from Sturgis but the numbers remain unconfirmed. There is no way to prove how many/how few were hit with the virus due to the lack of proper precaution taken by the riders at Sturgis. S Dakota gov Noem is a member of the radical far right with very limited thinking capacity so it comes as no surprise that she did not mandate mask wearing.

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:12 pm

ihme says everywhere.
they are up almost but not quite as much as ct. though that was a while ago, as you know.

as i said. local. "rollbacks". fear. been the 2 downdrafts, it seems.

i see brooksie's back.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote:Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:12 pm

ihme says everywhere.
they are up almost but not quite as much as ct. though that was a while ago, as you know.

as i said. local. "rollbacks". fear. been the 2 downdrafts, it seems.

i see brooksie's back.
What does a while ago mean? I hypothesized that the virus spreads unnoticed and then when its noticed, its been circulating for longer than we realize. You may have surmised the same thing. Seems logical. In that context, what does a while ago mean?
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

think the same. we may be on to something. so it's circulating. low numbers, medium numbers. the virus will then have its day in a community and continue to rise until:
a) lockdown in some manner
b) fear trumps "normal life" behavior

they seem to be the biggest 2 deterrents. buying time in the meantime. i originally asked brooks what the game plan should be. this seems to be our (and a lot of countries') gameplan for now... buy time and adjust when levels aren't tolerable.
what's the better plan?

Return to “POLITICS”