2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump Gets FIRED, Zombie GOP lives on.

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:10 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:37 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:14 pm Can we start talking about the “Trump Library”?
Not going to be at Fordham. More likely going to be a Biden Library at Penn.

Maybe a for-profit MAGA-land in Branson, Missouri?
Or turn Mar-A-Lago into the library...
I like both of these ideas. The Branson location would make some money.
There are any number of McDonalds that are closed, deserted and for sale. Keeping with his cheapskate nature, such would make a perfect choice. It is not like he owns a lot of books.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ggait

Post by ggait »

Here's how over Trump is. And how fake/lame his legal claims are.

The Bush v Gore recount in 2000 moved the margin (in a huge state) from about Bush +1800 votes to about +600 votes. A 1200 vote swing in a recount is HUGE. Typically, recounts move a few hundred votes at most.

Mich, PA, GA, NV and AZ all currently have Joe margins of many thousands. And for it to matter, Trump would have to have recounts be successful in two or three states. Not just one like in BvG. We're talking powerball odds of something making a difference.

Trump apparently doesn't have any money to mount a legal war, and so is trying to fundraise for that effort. If I were a GOP donor being asked today to fund Trump's legal defense fund, I'd tell them I'll match every dollar that Rudy and Donald personally put in.

Otherwise, please tell President Veruca Salt to shut the front door and deal with it.
Last edited by ggait on Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Update from Georgia: Biden leads by 4,200+ after counting the vast majority, perhaps all, remaining ballots.
Cooter

Re: 2020 Elections

Post by Cooter »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:06 pm
Cooter wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:16 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:10 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:30 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:33 am Folks were asking who should run as a R in 24? What about Adam Kinzinger?
John Kasich?
There are a number of "real" republicans that could do, Kasich high on the list. The problem is, the problem remains. We are getting rid of the symptom, the disease (zombie-ism) remains and it is apparently more widespread than many of us had hoped. I don't see the zombie-ism disappearing over the next 4 years. Best we can hope for is it diminishes.
I don't think Kasich did that well in the primaries, and his defection to the dems will put a stain on him. :idea:
He did not change party affiliation. He just did not support Orange Duce. I agree, and that was my point that the zombies (who will still control the party) are not likely to accept him as their leader. It will be a Trump or some other charismatic strong man - would be dictator. We will fight this battle (election choices) again.
Kasich spoke at the DNC though.
It would be nice if you would speak in a lingo that I could understand. Are you tipsy?

My general feeling is that if the Republicans hold onto their majority in the Senate and gain a few seats in the house, they will not view this election as a repudiation of their views, so barring a big loss in the next midterm election, I do not necessarily see them feeling that they need to go with a moderate.

It is fair to note that Trump carried Ohio without Kasich, which makes Kasich's value look small.
Live Free or Die!
njbill

Post by njbill »

ggait wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:37 pm We're talking powerball odds of something making a difference.

Trump apparently doesn't have any money to mount a legal war, and so is trying to fundraise for that effort. If I were a GOP donor being asked today to fund Trump's legal defense fund, I'd tell them I'll match every dollar that Rudy and Donald personally put in.
Even longer odds than drawing to that inside straight or completing his flush from four years ago.

My dad was a lifelong Republican. He died in 2002 and, though he never lived at my address, I have been getting Republican mail in his name for many years. Got lots of Trump solicitations this cycle. Will keep my eyes peeled for any money begging for the recounts.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2020 Elections - Red Mirage fading for DtC?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:29 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:25 pm I feel a tremendous sense of relief with the election outcome. We are rid of Trump but the things that needed to be addressed, which propelled him to power, can no longer be ignored or minimized. I'm savoring the humiliation of the MSM & their crooked polls. Out national institutions are strong & holding, with no violence (yet, knock on wood). Trump's departure to exile in Mar a Lago will be hugely entertaining.
You mean these 'crooked polls'? Has Fox joined the MSM now?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/electi ... und-states
:lol: ...enjoy surfing your blue wave. Too bad about your expected repudiation of Trumpism.
You & your Lincoln project colleagues are lost in the GOP desert.
Thankfully, despite your best efforts, you didn't kill off the GOP.
"expected" no.
Wished for, absolutely.

Repudiation is going to take more time. Perhaps jail time.

But Trump is certainly doubling down this week on every aspect that makes him extremely likely to go down in history as the most repugnant of Presidents. Will Trump truly call the question as to the 'loyalty' of the elected enablers? Refuse to leave?
ggait

Post by ggait »

Absent jail time, the GOP front runner for 2024 is...Donald Trump.

All the folks (other than Mitt Romney) that might take the GOP away from Trumpism have been purged. Hard to see how the GOP could go back in the direction of those forking RINO Deep State establishment Bushies.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:11 pm
Absent jail time, the GOP front runner for 2024 is...Donald Trump.

All the folks (other than Mitt Romney) that might take the GOP away from Trumpism have been purged. Hard to see how the GOP could go back in the direction of those forking RINO Deep State establishment Bushies.
Yup. So, jail time is the only way to cleanse this problem.

Seriously, who wants to go through all the hate again?
Oh yeah...60 million voters.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:18 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:41 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:16 pm i'd say trump is better than even money to be there for biden. but i wouldn't bet my money on it.
Would you bet my money?
probably not but don't tempt me.
pm me the receipt for your 6 run, with venmo, paypal address.
I would bet your money Bill. Life is all about collecting as many cheap and free options as possible after all.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ggait

Post by ggait »

Yup. So, jail time is the only way to cleanse this problem.

Seriously, who wants to go through all the hate again?
Oh yeah...60 million voters.
70 million actually; up from 63 in 2016.

Kasich and similar RINO-types are not making a comeback any time soon. As sleazy Lindsey Graham proves, the GOP future is still Trumper.
D3 Fan

Post by D3 Fan »

Just thinking -

Did the Dems spend too much energy trying to remove Trump from office? Seems they will not gain the Senate, are likely to lose seats in the house, are a minority within SCOTUS (although justices should be interpreting law as written and not through partisan lenses...). Seems Democrats got beaten up at many state levels too, which could have wide ranging ramifications in future election cycles.

All that said, what can we really expect a Biden-Harris ticket to do in an environment like this? Seems they'll have a hard time enacting anything that they had hoped to do. Any thoughts on how they can proceed and accomplish their objectives in this environment?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

More bad news for the Donald. His bogus claims of fraud were today thrown out of court in both Michigan and Georgia.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:22 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:16 pm i'd say trump is better than even money to be there for biden. but i wouldn't bet my money on it.
Would you bet my money?
I would bet your money Bill. Life is all about collecting as many cheap and free options as possible after all.
OPM, baby. It’s the way to wealth and prosperity.
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:10 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:37 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:14 pm Can we start talking about the “Trump Library”?
Not going to be at Fordham. More likely going to be a Biden Library at Penn.

Maybe a for-profit MAGA-land in Branson, Missouri?
Or turn Mar-A-Lago into the library...
I like both of these ideas. The Branson location would make some money.
:lol: ...the responses to this question illustrate why the expected blue wave wasn't even a ripple.
njbill

Post by njbill »

May not have been a tidal wave, but it certainly was more than a ripple.

Most importantly, it accomplished job one: defeat Trump.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

D3 Fan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:32 pm Just thinking -

Did the Dems spend too much energy trying to remove Trump from office? Seems they will not gain the Senate, are likely to lose seats in the house, are a minority within SCOTUS (although justices should be interpreting law as written and not through partisan lenses...). Seems Democrats got beaten up at many state levels too, which could have wide ranging ramifications in future election cycles.

All that said, what can we really expect a Biden-Harris ticket to do in an environment like this? Seems they'll have a hard time enacting anything that they had hoped to do. Any thoughts on how they can proceed and accomplish their objectives in this environment?
We will see about the loses once all ballots are counted, but no price too high for the removal of Orange Duce.

They will have to deal with Mitch McConnell, and he will have to be willing to trade. He and Biden have a long relation and know how the other thinks. I also expect Mitch will have less power in his caucus without Trump the enforcer behind him. You have two long time peers who both know to achieve anything they will have to compromise.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

njbill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Would you bet my money?
De-risk and get the upside
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ggait

Post by ggait »

It is sooooo completely worth it to get rid of Trump. Joe is a hero regardless of how his presidency goes. I think he'll do fine, but it is already Mission Accomplished as of today.

And pretty much everyone in the world (except for FNC viewers) agrees.
Cooter

Re: 2020 Elections

Post by Cooter »

I missed the VP. Debate but watched a bit of Pence campaigning for Trump. I thought Pence spoke well and looked very presidential.

So I would put his name into the possibilities for 2024.
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:20 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Would you bet my money?
De-risk and get the upside
Nothing like carried interest.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”