Unfit Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: President Elect Biden

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:35 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:29 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:55 am
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:22 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:07 am
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:39 am Joe Biden will be the President-Elect within several hours.

DocBarrister 8-)
Too bad he won't have the senate. This is the best outcome the republicans could have ever asked for. This is the best outcome America could ever have asked for. What is Joes plan now that he has been punched in the face? The democrats are losing the one thing they had to have... 100% control of the government. :D
Still a chance in the Senate with both GA senate races going to runoffs, and the current occupants not exactly the best people. Quite the longshot, but there is going to be a lot of attention on these races in a state that is going to be a squeaker for Biden. And a sh!tload of money.

All about the participation in a runoff...
Perdue is really weak, but so is Ossof and the nature of the three way on the other seat just leaves me struggling to believe they take both. Put odds it's equally likely both stay Rep though a split seems most likely to me from boots on the ground here. Live in a "hippy" neighborhood but expensive so not really hippies (which to their credit they'd acknowledge when buy in on a 1,400sq. ft. A Frame is north of $500k and they send their kids to a nearby private school called Padaiea) but surrounded even in the city by plenty of strident Reps, even ones who would tell you they aren't proud of their leadership but arent yet ready to break ranks out of fear of a Warren Sec of Treasury or Sanders running the Dept of Labor.
far, I'm not up to speed on Ossoff, have only caught him on friendly media and various clips of his debate with Perdue.

What makes Ossoff really weak? serious question, no issue.

I'm wondering what a Stacy Abrams registration and turnout machine does over next 2 months versus a no-Trump turnout machine. What will be the impact of Trump's whining and flailing as he contests the results of the election? What will be the impact of Biden announcing a moderate set of cabinet picks? And what impact will Covid's continued spread be on perceptions of Perdue and Loeffler?
He's a decent local mouthpiece to discuss the symptoms, but not that skilled or articulate and breaking down the true causes and a plan to fix those structurally. Already lost when he had national dough and backing which is pretty damning. Not a comprehensive candidate and plays more to the extreme generally, was happy to get down in the mud and the ads were nearly as repulsive and trashy as Perdues. It would be a mistake to think this election means a run of blue in Ga, once again look at Marjorie Greene. Anecdotal, but there's a lot of native and transplant center right and independents who turned out against Trump that probably won't bother whereas the (overrated but laudable) efforts of Abrams pulls in more further left voters but does nothing for that middle. Perdue is really weak as well so maybe Ossof pulls it off but he's pretty underwhelming if you put him up against a platonic ideal type of candidate. I voted for my dog and daughter in the two senate races and I suspect a lot of center right folks that are responsible for swinging the presidential may go red just because but we will see. Just think you need a more positive, forward looking candidate who won't offend that Georgia centrist type which is different than a massachussets centrist as you might imagine.

Loeffler was swinging from Trumps nuts the last six mo, but that really had more to do with the opposition from Doug Collins than who she is. A buckhead, Maga poseur who married the CEO of ICE/now NYSE (she was a marketing person there, no one ever questions that even though ICE was public when he was dropping it like its hot on her) and threw his money around for years in the local republican scene (helped Kemp tremendously over the years). She was trying to outflank Collins as we knew that would be a runoff and it was a matter of who'd go against Warnock in the runoff - Loeffler or Collins, the former having the support of the Governor. I suspect you'll see her pivot center and even though Warnock is a tougher out, IMO, than Ossof, between the two it's hard to see both going blue. You never saw her in a flannel shirt until the second half of 2020 I assure you, certainly not sitting courtside as an owner of the WNBA team (who's personnel/players want her gone so badly they can taste it), it was business suits and shiek skinny tall chick stuff from Phipps Plaza.
Ok, so not a proven strong candidate, went negative in his ads. No big disqualifying negative though...feels like Perdue has some such to me. And he's going to need to do a debate or two and the last was a disaster fro him...a lot of attention will be on that. and if he wimps out again, how will that actually play?

Seems to me that this is all a turnout question...most voters won't normally bother to vote, more will vote than usual, but you're right, some won't bother. The question is who will bother. That's where the Abrams machine on the ground might well have an unusual impact. Of course, that's purely speculative.

Local TV is licking their chops...imagine being a sales guy, you're making your year all at once!
No doubt Perdue is weak as I've mentioned before. I just think it takes more to displace an incumbent in this state notwithstanding the fact that Trump made his own bed even in this state of Ga. I don't know how my more full blooded hardcore right friends down here justified or defended Perdue bailing on the second debate as that was pathetic from a bunch of folks that rock "Go Dawgs", "I've got my guns (even if I would shrivel and freeze in fear of using them in a split second dangerous situation)", "I'm a man" facade of an ethos. It's a real bad look.

I do think too much is made of Stacey Abrams ground machine, so to speak though. There's a lot of mythology in that from the outside world. Nice lady, good cause, but her actual efficacy is vastly overstated on a national level. This election came down to the people on my block who might talk like a more pleasant version of AOC but who vote in between Joe Biden and Mitt Romney swinging left this time. Those same folks might easily vote for Marco Rubio over Bernie Sanders or Warren all day and night however because they have something to lose.

That's why I use roku more than cable these days.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Doc's posts are "full of hatred"?

That is quite possibly the most absurd thing I have read on laxpower/fanlax in 15 years.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Hyperbolic I could get behind. Of course so am I, but hatred is not exactly hitting the dartboard, more like the side of the head of the dude three feet away.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Stacy Abrams may get a bit more credit than she is getting at the moment - but the automatic registration in GA (when you go to get a DL or renew it) is HUGE.

Then it is only a matter of getting all those registered voters to show up at the polls.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

CU77 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:01 pm Doc's posts are "full of hatred"?

That is quite possibly the most absurd thing I have read on laxpower/fanlax in 15 years.
Get you head out of your f***ing ass man. His constant barrage of posts comparing the pandemic to WWII/WWI and saying "the blood of these people" is on his hands. For once in your life, leave your f***ing basement and actually take a look at what's going on the ground. You exist on this site as a redundant source of constant negativity. Do not engage with me directly anymore, I already have you ignored you for a reason. You are joke man. This is a LACROSSE SITE. Nobody on here has ANY expertise in how to handle a f***ing pandemic, LET ALONE DOCBARRISTER and his inflated EGO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JoeMauer89!
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:03 pm Hyperbolic I could get behind. Of course so am I, but hatred is not exactly hitting the dartboard, more like the side of the head of the dude three feet away.
Fine, Hyperbolic then. But it comes awfully close to it, awfully close. And if you don't agree EXACTLY with what he is saying, he belittles your character while he is at it. Never said anything that he posts is not insightful, therein lies a DIFFERENCE.

JoeMauer89!
old salt

Post by old salt »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:29 am
Cooter wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:23 am Of course then Americans will have to deal with having a president of rather moderate intellect, who appears to be going senile, and at 78 doesn't look to have the physical vitality needed for the job.

Further, it is apparent that a lot of Biden's votes came from voters who hated Trump, who did not particularly support Biden.
Correct. For many Americans, one could even argue the vast majority who voted for Joe, this was an election about removing Trump. Mission accomplished. And Joe may be much sharper than you and others are giving him credit for. If nothing else, he doesn't have a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. And that is not small.
Joe needs to govern the same way he campaigned. Stay in the WH. Make frequent, short scripted teleprompter tv appearances, in a conversational, good natured, non-shouting tone. Covid precautions will allow him to do this. Let Jill direct things behind the scene.
Just be relaxed, statesmanlike, don't improvise or story tell & the good will show through.
Be Presidential & an amiable, non-confrontational Uncle Joe. That's what the nation needs right now & will welcome.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Doc's posts are full of something i pick up every morning when I walk my dog. :D BTW I would hate stepping in it.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Faux News and their split personality disorder. Frankly this has been going on for years now, but it really seems to be coming to a head. You can't serve two masters, TRUTH and ENTERTAINMENT. Fox has carried the business concept of turning a profit on "news" to its logically absurd conclusion.

You have a handful of folks who believe in getting it right - the truth, and the damn the truth full speed ahead with the partisan bullsh!t, "entertainer" scumbags. Fox has lost a lot of good and decent people on the truth side in favor of the scumbags. The actual news group is much weaker than any competitor. So much so, it is hard to call them a news group. Murdoch needs to decide what he wants to be when he grows up.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:20 pm

Doc's posts are full of something i pick up every morning when I walk my dog. :D BTW I would hate stepping in it.
:lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:05 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:29 am
Cooter wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:23 am Of course then Americans will have to deal with having a president of rather moderate intellect, who appears to be going senile, and at 78 doesn't look to have the physical vitality needed for the job.

Further, it is apparent that a lot of Biden's votes came from voters who hated Trump, who did not particularly support Biden.
Correct. For many Americans, one could even argue the vast majority who voted for Joe, this was an election about removing Trump. Mission accomplished. And Joe may be much sharper than you and others are giving him credit for. If nothing else, he doesn't have a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. And that is not small.
Joe needs to govern the same way he campaigned. Stay in the WH. Make frequent, short scripted teleprompter tv appearances, in a conversational, good natured, non-shouting tone. Covid precautions will allow him to do this. Let Jill direct things behind the scene.
Just be relaxed, statesmanlike, don't improvise or story tell & the good will show through.
Be Presidential & an amiable, non-confrontational Uncle Joe. That's what the nation needs right now & will welcome.
That will be hard to do with Kammie biting at his ankle all of the time. ;)
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:21 pm Faux News and their split personality disorder. Frankly this has been going on for years now, but it really seems to be coming to a head. You can't serve two masters, TRUTH and ENTERTAINMENT. Fox has carried the business concept of turning a profit on "news" to its logically absurd conclusion.

You have a handful of folks who believe in getting it right - the truth, and the damn the truth full speed ahead with the partisan bullsh!t, "entertainer" scumbags. Fox has lost a lot of good and decent people on the truth side in favor of the scumbags. The actual news group is much weaker than any competitor. So much so, it is hard to call them a news group. Murdoch needs to decide what he wants to be when he grows up.
" Fox has lost a lot of good and decent people on the truth side in favor of the scumbags"

In the epitome of irony those fox folks have gone over to the CNN/MSNBC folks where scumbagism is job #1. :lol: :lol: What goes around comes around. For the record... scumbagism is my own word, i think i just made it up. :D I'm wrong, the urban dictionary beat me to it. 8-)
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:57 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:03 pm Hyperbolic I could get behind. Of course so am I, but hatred is not exactly hitting the dartboard, more like the side of the head of the dude three feet away.
Fine, Hyperbolic then. But it comes awfully close to it, awfully close. And if you don't agree EXACTLY with what he is saying, he belittles your character while he is at it. Never said anything that he posts is not insightful, therein lies a DIFFERENCE.

JoeMauer89!
Umm,
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:55 pm

Get you head out of your f***ing ass man. His constant barrage of posts comparing the pandemic to WWII/WWI and saying "the blood of these people" is on his hands. For once in your life, leave your f***ing basement and actually take a look at what's going on the ground. You exist on this site as a redundant source of constant negativity. Do not engage with me directly anymore, I already have you ignored you for a reason. You are joke man. This is a LACROSSE SITE. Nobody on here has ANY expertise in how to handle a f***ing pandemic, LET ALONE DOCBARRISTER and his inflated EGO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JoeMauer89!
I'm pretty sure CU77 worked for like Brookings and is pretty center as well as a punk rock metalhead from times long gone by...
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The most determinative factor in Biden deciding how to act will be the behavior of turkey wattle. McConnell will have to give, horse trade. If you think Kamala will control Biden in any way you are fu*king delusional. Biden knows who the president is. Kamala will play the role of bad COP.

He will stay out of the lime light, unlike Orange Duce. Orange Duce spent more time in front of the cameras than all other presidents combined, since the advent of commercial TV! Biden will be seen when it is necessary, not when he has some need to stoke his ego. This will in and of itself lower temperatures in the country.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:34 pm

JoeMauer89!
Umm,

JoeMauer89!
I'm pretty sure CU77 worked for like Brookings and is pretty center as well as a punk rock metalhead from times long gone by...
He should be more classic rock in my opinion. Pink Floyd is always a great starting point for any classic rock guy like myself.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:26 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:21 pm Faux News and their split personality disorder. Frankly this has been going on for years now, but it really seems to be coming to a head. You can't serve two masters, TRUTH and ENTERTAINMENT. Fox has carried the business concept of turning a profit on "news" to its logically absurd conclusion.

" Fox has lost a lot of good and decent people on the truth side in favor of the scumbags"

In the epitome of irony those fox folks have gone over to the CNN/MSNBC folks where scumbagism is job #1. :lol: :lol: What goes around comes around. For the record... scumbagism is my own word, i think i just made it up. :D I'm wrong, the urban dictionary beat me to it. 8-)
Name them!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:40 pm

JoeMauer89!
Umm,

JoeMauer89!
He should be more classic rock in my opinion. Pink Floyd is always a great starting point for any classic rock guy like myself.
I'm telling each and everyone one of you to get on the Echoes Live at Pompeii train. The full cut, it's tremendous!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 pm The most determinative factor in Biden deciding how to act will be the behavior of turkey wattle. McConnell will have to give, horse trade. If you think Kamala will control Biden in any way you are fu*king delusional. Biden knows who the president is. Kamala will play the role of bad COP.

He will stay out of the lime light, unlike Orange Duce. Orange Duce spent more time in front of the cameras than all other presidents combined, since the advent of commercial TV! Biden will be seen when it is necessary, not when he has some need to stoke his ego. This will in and of itself lower temperatures in the country.
Doesn't Mitch have leprosy or something? He won't make 2 more years.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 pm The most determinative factor in Biden deciding how to act will be the behavior of turkey wattle. McConnell will have to give, horse trade. If you think Kamala will control Biden in any way you are fu*king delusional. Biden knows who the president is. Kamala will play the role of bad COP.

"The most determinative factor in Biden deciding how to act will be the behavior of turkey wattle. McConnell will have to give, horse trade. If you think Kamala will control Biden in any way you are fu*king delusional"

That works just fine, as long as Joe can shake Kammie the Kommie from her pitbull bite on his ankle. :lol:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:40 pm

JoeMauer89!
Umm,

JoeMauer89!
I'm telling each and everyone one of you to get on the Echoes Live at Pompeii train. The full cut, it's tremendous!
Echoes live... great stuff, you truly are a connoisseur of great music. I still always go back to the Wall as my favorite.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”