2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump Gets FIRED, Zombie GOP lives on.

Post by Matnum PI »

Joe Biden's lead in Pennsylvania has just grown to 9,746 votes. @MSNBC
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:35 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:30 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:19 am Biden is ahead by 5,587 votes in Pennsylvania. But that margin will grow soon: The remaining pool of votes just in Philadelphia that still needs to be counted is about 25,000.
" The remaining pool of votes just in Philadelphia that still needs to be counted is about 25,000."

The creative counters in Philly will keep counting until they reach the designated number of votes needed. The best thing the republicans can ask for is that the same people counting in Philly be excluded from the recount in Georgia. :D
cradle, isn't it time to back off this kind of thing?
Time to stop tearing down our democracy, right?

It's not partisan anymore.
You do realize the re counties are doing exactly the same thing with quite similar results?
My oldest son lives in the burbs outside of Philly. This observation comes from him.. not me. Apparently the folks in the city of brotherly love have a long standing tradition of being very " creative" on how they count votes. I am not tearing down anything MD. My son lives and works in this area. IMO. He has skin in the game and I hope you understand since he lives there he is entitled to having an opinion. I am guessing you have a problem with that? Philly does not have a strong reputation regarding integrity and honesty in many respects. If my son wants to question their integrity please forgive me for believing him long before I will ever believe you. That is the nicest and most polite way I can say it to you. ;)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:40 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:19 am Biden is ahead by 5,587 votes in Pennsylvania. But that margin will grow soon: The remaining pool of votes just in Philadelphia that still needs to be counted is about 25,000.
" The remaining pool of votes just in Philadelphia that still needs to be counted is about 25,000."

The creative counters in Philly will keep counting until they reach the designated number of votes needed. The best thing the republicans can ask for is that the same people counting in Philly be excluded from the recount in Georgia. :D

You do realize the re counties are doing exactly the same thing with quite similar results?
My oldest son lives in the burbs outside of Philly. This observation comes from him.. not me. Apparently the folks in the city of brotherly love have a long standing tradition of being very " creative" on how they count votes. I am not tearing down anything MD. My son lives and works in this area. IMO. He has skin in the game and I hope you understand since he lives there he is entitled to having an opinion. I am guessing you have a problem with that? Philly does not have a strong reputation regarding integrity and honesty in many respects. If my son wants to question their integrity please forgive me for believing him long before I will ever believe you. That is the nicest and most polite way I can say it to you. ;)
Opinions are like..., well, you know, and everyone has one.

Count them again if under automatic threshold, or get enough people to file affidavits alleging fraud and be willing to pay for recount.

Otherwise, too bad.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:47 pm

Count them again if under automatic threshold, or get enough people to file affidavits alleging fraud and be willing to pay for recount.

Otherwise, too bad.
Oh, and get the cash for recount up front.

“No dough, no show!!”

— Patsy Cline
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Alec Sulkin@thesulk
10 mins ago
As happy as I am for Biden, I can’t help but feel a little bad for Russia.
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:49 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:47 pm

Otherwise, too bad.
Oh, and get the cash for recount up front.

“No dough, no show!!”

— Patsy Cline
No tickey no laundry
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:01 pm Alec Sulkin@thesulk
10 mins ago
As happy as I am for Biden, I can’t help but feel a little bad for Russia.
They'll have to consol themselves while playing a round at their newly owned course at Mar a Lago.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:40 pmMy oldest son lives in the burbs outside of Philly. This observation comes from him.. not me. Apparently the folks in the city of brotherly love have a long standing tradition of being very " creative" on how they count votes. I am not tearing down anything MD. My son lives and works in this area. IMO. He has skin in the game and I hope you understand since he lives there he is entitled to having an opinion. I am guessing you have a problem with that? Philly does not have a strong reputation regarding integrity and honesty in many respects. If my son wants to question their integrity please forgive me for believing him long before I will ever believe you. That is the nicest and most polite way I can say it to you. ;)
Is that the same son who is having a hard time finding decent pizza?

Well, that could form the basis for another opinion. Believe me when i tell you that there are GOBS of Italians in this area...and i know you'll agree that Italians know how to make pizza. Plenty of pie shops across the region...

So, let's review...he can't find a decent pizza in the Philly area...AND...he thinks officials here lack "integrity and honesty" when it comes to counting votes...OK...

Would he, by any chance, have an opinion about Donald's "integrity and honesty"?? Just looking for samples to work with here...

So, we just report, you all decide. Talk amongst ya-selves...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Everyone has a right to an opinion, cradle, certainly your son. Thanks for clarifying that this is simply his opinion.

However, we're now in the context of a POTUS declaring, from the White House, that there's been fraud in this election, in Philly, without presenting a shred of evidence. None. Zip.

IMO (yes, just an opinion) we're well past time to stop declaring misdeeds without specific evidence of such. We're all in favor of finding and punishing any actual fraud, as our democracy itself depends upon the trust by its citizens that their voices have been heard, their votes have been counted, without any sort of fraudulent interference.

Trust is critical.

Time to repudiate baseless accusations and to come together behind our democracy. High time.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:40 pm My oldest son lives in the burbs outside of Philly. This observation comes from him.. not me. Apparently the folks in the city of brotherly love have a long standing tradition of being very " creative" on how they count votes.
Oooh, he lives in the "burbs outside Philly" and so he knows just what is happening in those vote counting rooms. I guess he must be glued to the live stream, and somehow has a better view than the Republican Party monitors sitting in the same room. He must be Superman with X-ray vision.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Nevada Attorney General Aaron Ford on CBS responding to Trump campaign: "This six-page complaint that they filed late last night is, in a word, garbage."
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Well at least he has an option if Covid ramps up more here and TP is in short supply...
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - Red Mirage fading for DtC?

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:51 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:02 am AP is standing by its call of Biden in AZ. He is up by about 47,000 and change there.

Biden leads in Georgia by 1,096 votes, according to the NBC News.

Biden gaining ground in PA; the Times has him behind by 18,000 and change.

NV holding at a Biden lead of around 11,700 votes.
Without the senate this is a hollow victory. IMO this is the biggest win/win that could have happened. trump disappears and Joe sits in the WH for his first 2 years and can accomplish nothing of any substance. There is the little point about the senate races in Georgia. The more i think about it gridlock in this new age of democrats and republicans is a good thing for the country. It did not use to be that way. That is what it has now come down to. Joe spent all those years in the senate and knows a lot of republicans. This is his chance to prove what he can do. Joe had a plan, but ala Mike Tyson he may have already taken his first punch in the mouth. That is when your plan flies right out the window while you try and clear the cobwebs from your head. I guess my middle class tax cut ain't gonna happen? :lol:
Agree completely on the win/win. IMHO, this is better than a Trump victory (so long as the GOP holds the Senate).
Trump (the person) is repudiated. Trump's policies & priorities are validated. The fact that nearly half the nation, in a huge turnout, would vote for Trump, despite his personal shortcomings, demonstrates the power of those policies & their widespread support. They must be respected & addressed by both parties going forward, Some serious soul searching ahead for the Dems.
ggait

Post by ggait »

I often tell clients that legal claims are also like.... Everybody has them. They are a dime-a-dozen.

But claims don't self-prove or self-enforce. You have to file them and then prove them in court. Which is very hard and expensive to do.

When it is all said/done, I doubt Trump will even bother to go through with any recounts or other legal process. Because all his claims are BS. And because Trump would have to reverse multiple states for it to make any difference. And because the Trump campaign is probably out of money.

So where's the money for any serious legal action going to come from? We know Trump won't pay for that himself. And what donor is going to give serious cheddar so Trump can light it on fire pursuing Trump's baseless vanity legal actions doomed to fail? Trump's whining is all hat and ZERO cattle. Bark but no bite.

Biden's lawyers are laughing at Trump's childish poop throwing. Go ahead and bring it Rudy and Pam Bondi -- bahahahahahaha. See you in court.

Since they won't have any meaningful legal work to do, Biden legal eagles will spend their time burnishing their resumes for the upcoming job interviews at DOJ or the WH counsel office.

And the folks at the WH and the Trump campaign also are working on their resumes today. It is over except for Trump's crying/shouting/whining.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:33 am Folks were asking who should run as a R in 24? What about Adam Kinzinger?
Kinzinger & Dan Crenshaw are future GOP stars.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ggait wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:48 pm
I often tell clients that legal claims are also like.... Everybody has them. They are a dime-a-dozen.

But claims don't self-prove or self-enforce. You have to file them and then prove them in court. Which is very hard and expensive to do.

When it is all said/done, I doubt Trump will even bother to go through with any recounts or other legal process. Because all his claims are BS. And because Trump would have to reverse multiple states for it to make any difference. And because the Trump campaign is probably out of money.

So where's the money for any serious legal action going to come from? We know Trump won't pay for that himself. And what donor is going to give serious cheddar so Trump can light it on fire pursuing Trump's baseless vanity legal actions doomed to fail? Trump's whining is all hat and ZERO cattle. Bark but no bite.

Biden's lawyers are laughing at Trump's childish poop throwing. Go ahead and bring it Rudy and Pam Bondi -- bahahahahahaha. See you in court.

Since they won't have any meaningful legal work to do, Biden legal eagles will spend their time burnishing their resumes for the upcoming job interviews at DOJ or the WH counsel office.

And the folks at the WH and the Trump campaign also are working on their resumes today. It is over except for Trump's crying/shouting/whining.
+1M. A great summary - Trump is toast and everyone needs to actually realize it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:15 am
njbill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:13 am Oh, the horror.

The NY Post has jumped ship.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/05/trump-to- ... ard-biden/

But, but Hunter’s laptop.
yes, yes, Hunters laptop. Apparently, more relevant than evah.

Apparently, also, as well ......I find it very, very interesting that NO ONE is discussing whether Sen. Harris helped with the latino vote.......or hurt. Or, for that matter.......if the DNC fails.
Hunter's laptop will cause needed scrutiny of the Biden Admin's policies & actions re. China, Russia & Ukraine.
Just as the Russia-collusion narrative constrained Trump's potential outreach to Russia.

Return to “POLITICS”