Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:57 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:42 am

One has to understand leadership to understand this point...I'm guilty of plenty of shots across the bow, but know the difference, have we witnessed this behavior ever from the subject of your reply or simply shitting on everyone and everything in effort to lift said person above all of us?

Republicans like to impose the old rule of responsibility goes to the top when a Democrat is in the White House. In some instances, years go by and they still ascribe all manner of faults to past Democrats even though a Republican presides. Just as an example you may recall where, contrary to logic and common sense, certain delusionals of the far right continued to blame FDR for the Great Recession caused by Bush II.

Principles are supposed to remain constant if they are to have any meaning and utility. They are not to be altered in any way just because a new leader is at the top. We have all seen what Republicans do with principles ~ they say a president cannot appoint a Supreme Court justice in his final year. Yet they turn around and openly violate their own rules when convenient.

For years the Republicans called themselves the party of morality, of family values, of principle, of Judeo-Christianity, and of unimpeachable integrity. Every campaign they have undertaken features all kinds of propaganda along these lines. Yet in all these years they have failed to display even the slightest proof of any of this. Their delusional adherents have used forums such as LP and this one to post their apologia but they have only succeeded in convincing themselves that their delusionalism has any value when it does not.
I agree with much of thesis despite still being an R but would pick on the Bush 2 created the financial crisis as I could point to many things enacted under Clinton, specifically around HUD and expansion of lending to a large degree along with growth in the FFELP program in the 90s that caused a lot of problems. Could also point out what a disaster Robert Rubin was and if you hate the repeal of Glass Stegall, well that happened in/around 93-94 (involving Citi and Travelers ironically).
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:01 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:56 am

9:30 club. No, no, not the one in the District......but the time restaurants have to close down now. Per Gov. Bakers order. Just change on the fly, business owners.

The FACT that no one will provide a PLAN to address covid, besides these useless "lockdowns" (as tld points out, they didn't work in EU ), and mandatory facemasks, and vaccines (oh, they have it already.....big hero Biden will roll it out on ground hog day. )

what plan? (lame, can't you even provide a link to Bidens platform/website? Where the plan IS to have a plan :lol:

the plan:

https://joebiden.com/covid-plan/
dude, over on the covid thread, keep up.

meanwhile, how much of this plan have you read? prior to this AM ;)

you won't answer YWA
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:59 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:46 am
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:23 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:58 am
How many times do I have to point this out to you: The smartest people in the room (event 201/W.H.O.) all made predetermined decisions on how to handle travel, business closures, etc. Are these the same people that will develop Bidens covid plan? I ask, with all seriousness, are THESE the people that are drafting the plan? The scientist?

Nice evasion. However, unconvincing except possibly to yourself.

Responsibility always goes to the top. Your hero could have adopted precisely the same preventive measures utilized by the leaders of those countries I mentioned in my post. I certainly would have done so.
I evade nothing. The countries you mentioned? (the ole, "already answered" NON answer, trick ) Be specific. WHICH countries? You already know the follow up question.......... (how they doing ;)

Read my post and you will see which countries I mentioned.
classic richard

which post? Is it really that hard to type Italy, Sweden, Austria, Morivaia, Malta, Bulgaria, Ireland, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, Iran.......

classic richard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

There was certainly a path to a far, far better outcome had Trump chosen to take it.

Some countries proved such was possible.

On the other hand, it is clear that numerous countries have struggled, a few even worse than us.

I think the biggest error Trump made was demagoguing the virus response, lying to the American public again and again and again...leading to an encouragement of antisocial behavior patterns for perceived personal political benefit.

That has had a serious cost in the virus' spread and magnitude in a period in which we are playing for time before reaching effective vaccines and therapies.

We could, today, be doing far better.

But let's not kid ourselves, the virus was happening with or without Trump and some of our society were going to resist science and calls for them to help others by observing mitigation measures consistently.

Trump tapped into and embraced the worst of these impulses and simply gave them a form of "credibility", much as he's done on all sorts of other dark aspects of our society.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Mike Scully@scullymike
37 mins ago
Let's be honest. None of us wants Trump to concede gracefully.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
njbill

Post by njbill »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:56 am 9:30 club. No, no, not the one in the District.
Ah, the 9:30 Club in DC. I lived down there when it originally opened up. Only went there when it was at its original location at 930 F St.

Great memories.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:11 am classic richard

which post? Is it really that hard to type Italy, Sweden, Austria, Morivaia, Malta, Bulgaria, Ireland, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, Iran.......

classic richard

Nice evasion.
Classic Orwellian Repukeblican. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:36 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:11 am classic richard

classic richard

Nice evasion.
Classic Orwellian Repukeblican. :lol:
or, you could have typed Kiwi, Kia and Jane Fonda......the 3 countries you mentioned. Of course, not one of them is anywhere near Europe. Of even Africa. How is Libay's covid numbers? Malawi?
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:08 am
a fan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:36 pm
holmes435 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:08 pm My family and I will personally benefit more from a Trump presidency and R Senate money-wise (if I'm still here in 4 years with this virus).
My family, too.
A political stalemate is the best possible thing for the economy and the country, frankly. Looking forward to it!
Not even remotely true.

Tell you what.....give me the metrics of your choice for middle America. For example, price of health insurance, educational testing, gap between rich and poor, upward mobility, etc.

I'd wager any amount you'd like that ever single metric will be worse for TrumpNation (middle America, less educated) after four years without major bills, and a major course correction.

I keep telling you that Trump pumped Trillions of dollars in borrowed money to keep the lights on in much of America. Shut that off? Bye bye, Rural America.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

njbill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:34 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:56 am 9:30 club. No, no, not the one in the District.
Ah, the 9:30 Club in DC. I lived down there when it originally opened up. Only went there when it was at its original location at 930 F St.

Great memories.
I saw Wall of Voodoo there in the 80's. The band looked like businessmen compared to the crowd. That place epic, but you needed to be young and drunk to look past the worse of it all.

The new venue is world class for a show, but no character.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:14 am
Just to be clear, anyone that dies from covid19 , from February 2021 on.........is 100% Joe Bidens fault?
Nope. It's Fauci's fault.

Excited to watch four years of you blaming Biden for nothing. TAATS, right? So you didn't blame Trump for doodly....and instead, blamed everyone else.

So obviously, since TAATS, you'll be lashing out at the Media and the RNC, and defending Biden like you did with Trump, right?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:43 am or, you could have typed Kiwi, Kia and Jane Fonda......the 3 countries you mentioned. Of course, not one of them is anywhere near Europe. Of even Africa. How is Libay's covid numbers? Malawi?

Yeah, Jane killed off all those American troops when she got behind a gun in Vietnam. To this day delusionals of the far right blame her for those deaths even though she demanded that they be home with their families while the pols put them there under flase pretenses.

Delusional right wingers always "think" alike. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

From CNN White House Correspondent Kaitlan Collins:
The atmosphere inside the West Wing is being described as a bit frenzied as reality sets in that Biden is only pulling further ahead. Trump's closest aides seem to be working to manage his frustration. Mark Meadows is focused on Pennsylvania. And many others are looking for jobs.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

From Josh Marshall on Twitter just now:
What is worth noting is that President Trump doesn’t even have a legal claim, let alone a legitimate one. Their plan was to go to the Supreme Court to throw out mail in ballots postmarked by Election Day but received afterwards. That in itself was an egregious assault on the electoral process and one the corrupt SCOTUS majority was probably ready to go along with. But those haven’t even come into play. He’s lost without those even getting counted. His only argument seems to be a brief dispute over the number of feet election observers could get to the counting in PA. And that was already settled. There’s no single issue TPM has devoted more time to over twenty years than voting rights, phony “voter fraud” hysteria and voter suppression. Usually there’s at least a bogus angle to try to get into court.

Here they don’t even have that. They’re just claiming fraud in multiple states they lost. The crooked judges are probably looking at them saying, we’d love to help but Don what’s the angle? We can’t just declare you president. That’s another level of the desperation and corruption behind these GOPs toadies and Trump family associates insisting on counting only legal votes. That can’t even find something to make up. He lost. He didn’t get close, which is what his folks needed to steal it. And now he just can’t admit he lost. It clearly hurts too bad. He’s in the bunker or the shower or frankly it doesn’t matter. Because he lost and he’s done. And he needs someone to help him work it through because the pain is too great.
https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/EmKTKGMWoAEKeP5.mp4
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Suing around the presidential election is different than jamming peoples time and money up on a real estate or trademark deal. He completely does not understand the difference. It's all from the same playbook he's been using since the 1980s and anyone with their eyes open knows this.

On another note, DB is quietly asking around some funds and loan desks what the appetite would be to take on their expsoure to the fat man. Mix of 1st lien debt, revolving and other. There's a price to move it, but from the bit I've heard it would trade like distressed even if it's technically performing. The other option would be for them to find a counterparty who would write a customized credit default swap on the exposure (insurance against default, the buyer pays and upfront and annual premium, there's typically a basis mismatch with actual cash assets) but I don't know why even state owned Chinese banks, Russian or Middle Eastern banks would care now that he's got as much power as my 14yr old Lhasa Apso in the world. Most likley they'll have to package it with some par to premium (high coupon strong credit) debt to move at a decent price so if you see any stories about DB selling $1Bn+ of mixed performance CRE debt that would be, in part, DJT related debt...
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Just in now - the Rs have gone to the SC asking for an emergency order to keep the secretary of state in PA to NOT count the late arriving ballots (for the three day grace period after the election). Want a full decision on the banning of counting those ballots.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Good: those votes don't matter to the PA outcome, and it will be good to get SCOTUS on record on the state legislature vs state courts issue. (But they'll probably punt.)
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

CU77 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:44 pm Good: those votes don't matter to the PA outcome, and it will be good to get SCOTUS on record on the state legislature vs state courts issue. (But they'll probably punt.)
Especially since those ballots are not in the current totals. Won't make a difference because they most likely will still favor Biden, but will not be needed for his win.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:02 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:14 am
Just to be clear, anyone that dies from covid19 , from February 2021 on.........is 100% Joe Bidens fault?
Nope. It's Fauci's fault.

Excited to watch four years of you blaming Biden for nothing. TAATS, right? So you didn't blame Trump for doodly....and instead, blamed everyone else.

So obviously, since TAATS, you'll be lashing out at the Media and the RNC, and defending Biden like you did with Trump, right?
Go to the taats thread. I blamed trump for huge things....bad things. Not the baddest....but bad. Not good, bad. He did some tremendous things too, tho. tremendous. But, yeah, I was the one that posted the clip of TRUMP saying "never again" when he signed his very first spending increase bill. I point out the crap that TRUMP did/does wrong. His tweets and twatting....I ignore. Clearly in the minority on these threads. Trump is a bore, but the bills he signs spend money. Nothing "fancy" about calling that a budget now. ;) Lighten up. Relax. Why do you pick fights. Why do you always have to be right?

And stop with the nonsense that these bills aren't budgets, that you claim aren't passed anymore. Why vote on them, than?
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:04 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:43 am or, you could have typed Kiwi, Kia and Jane Fonda......the 3 countries you mentioned. Of course, not one of them is anywhere near Europe. Of even Africa. How is Libay's covid numbers? Malawi?

Yeah, Jane killed off all those American troops when she got behind a gun in Vietnam. To this day delusionals of the far right blame her for those deaths even though she demanded that they be home with their families while the pols put them there under flase pretenses.

Delusional right wingers always "think" alike. :lol:
neat.....now, why are the European Unions locking down, if lock downs didn't work? Evasive. very.

Return to “POLITICS”