2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2020 Elections - is Wednesday it?

Post by njbill »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:44 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:41 pm Wisconsin official just said that all localities have reported 100% of votes except for one 300 voter municipality. Not completely clear that the networks have all of those results, but it sounds like Wisconsin can be put in the book.
NYTimes says still awaiting 3% of expected ballots. Not sure of why the discrepency - but I am sure that all the media outlets are doing some final checking. Not sure even if 3% left how Trump pulls this one out anyway.
I think all media use the same data. CNN is also missing 3%. That looks like the only possible open issue, but I agree, Trump isn’t going to close the gap if only 3% of the vote is out there.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Stocks gain today.
Up 700 currently with the prospect of Republicans holding the senate and avoiding proposed Biden tax increases. Split go'vt should continue good things for the stock market.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trump says he is contesting Wisconsin, requesting recount. :roll:
njbill

Post by njbill »

So CNN goes to its legal analyst . . .

Not Jeff Toobin.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:47 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:33 pm cnn still says ga is out there. if it's done, don't expect a president elect today. nevada says no updates until tomorrow morning.
Think I heard outstanding Nevada is all mail in, with a chunk still to be counted in the two largest (D majority) counties.

Fox decision desk says they may be able to call Nevada somewhat soon. Not clear if that is today. One would think not if NV isn’t going to report any more votes today.

Outstanding ballots in Georgia compared to Trump’s margin makes things look good for Trump there.

Still think PA is an uphill battle for Joe. Possible though. Trump’s lead is decreasing, but very slowly. - but consistently
I heard they weren't going to begin dumping Phillie mail in until this evening. It looks like he is making up ground from other areas.
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:51 pm Trump says he is contesting Wisconsin, requesting recount. :roll:
Scott Walker has already said it won't work - last two recounts in WI for a statewide race changed ~100 or so votes.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:33 pm cnn still says ga is out there. if it's done, don't expect a president elect today. nevada says no updates until tomorrow morning.
Think I heard outstanding Nevada is all mail in, with a chunk still to be counted in the two largest (D majority) counties.

Fox decision desk says they may be able to call Nevada somewhat soon. Not clear if that is today. One would think not if NV isn’t going to report any more votes today.

Outstanding ballots in Georgia compared to Trump’s margin makes things look good for Trump there.

Still think PA is an uphill battle for Joe. Possible though. Trump’s lead is decreasing, but very slowly.
i said earlier, supposedly there were 10s of thousands walk up registration that needed still to be counted early a.m.
https://mobile.twitter.com/RalstonRepor ... 0377131008

the update since then took biden's lead from 25 to 7+. so maybe most, maybe all of those. who knows? mail in i believe is allowed to be counted for 10 days.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:51 pm Trump says he is contesting Wisconsin, requesting recount. :roll:
Well within his legal right. Has to be less than 1%. In this case the difference is 6/10th of a percent.

And some lawyer makes out in the failed process by getting to suckle on the teat. :lol:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:02 pm
Well within his legal right. Has to be less than 1%. In this case the difference is 6/10th of a percent.

And some lawyer makes out in the failed process by getting to suckle on the teat. :lol:
And if the margin is over 1/4% Trump has to pay for the recount.
ggait

Post by ggait »

In hindsight, it would have been a really good idea to start counting the mountain of mail-in ballots before election day. I wonder why no one thought to change the laws on that? Especially in PA?

Oh, they actually did.

In PA, the Gov and Secy of State proposed starting the processing weeks early -- like many red and blue states already do. But the Banana Republicans in the PA Legislature of course refused to allow that "crazy" proposal. Then they held early counting hostage so in an attempt to get some other vote suppressing measures. Like outlawing those evil radical leftist drop boxes. Even worse than TX which pathetically only allows on drop box per county!!

If you haven't yet, please read Ben Ginsburg's oped from the other day. When the lead GOP lawyer in Bush v. Gore calls the GOP (but not the Dems) un-American shameful vote suppressors, I think you have to listen to listen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... publicans/
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:09 pm In hindsight, it would have been a really good idea to start counting the mountain of mail-in ballots before election day. I wonder why no one thought to change the laws on that? Especially in PA?

Oh, they actually did.

In PA, the Gov and Secy of State proposed starting the processing weeks early -- like many red and blue states already do. But the Banana Republicans in the PA Legislature of course refused to allow that "crazy" proposal. Then they held early counting hostage so in an attempt to get some other vote suppressing measures. Like outlawing those evil radical leftist drop boxes. Even worse than TX which pathetically only allows on drop box per county!!

If you haven't yet, please read Ben Ginsburg's oped from the other day. When the lead GOP lawyer in Bush v. Gore calls the GOP (but not the Dems) un-American shameful vote suppressors, I think you have to listen to listen.

- he is a RHINO, his opinion counts less than a democrat's.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:08 pm

So what you're saying is the lawyer may OR may not get paid... :lol:

He should hire one of those "no fee unless we win" guys.
njbill

Post by njbill »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:56 pm

Still think PA is an uphill battle for Joe. Possible though. Trump’s lead is decreasing, but very slowly. - but consistently
I heard they weren't going to begin dumping Phillie mail in until this evening. It looks like he is making up ground from other areas.
Philly is coming in today in fits and starts.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:14 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:08 pm

So what you're saying is the lawyer may OR may not get paid... :lol:

He should hire one of those "no fee unless we win" guys.
Cosmo, I think the lawyers -- thank God -- will all get paid. Pay for the recount is simply part of the bill of requesting it.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trump lead in Pennsy is down to 464K from nearly 700K earlier this morning. Still 19% of the ballots to report.

Georgia counting mail and Trump lead is down to 84K from 102K this AM.
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:13 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:09 pm In hindsight, it would have been a really good idea to start counting the mountain of mail-in ballots before election day. I wonder why no one thought to change the laws on that? Especially in PA?

Oh, they actually did.

- he is a RHINO, his opinion counts less than a democrat's.
So the link is ad-walled. But he's free to his opinion.

Just seems odd to rail against mysterious "voter suppression" by republicans given this year's record turnout and how that extra turnout appears to have benefitted Republicans and made the matchup much closer for Trump than any poll expected.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Oh, they actually did.

PA Republicans clearly were following Trump’s marching orders to delay the reporting of the mail in votes.

Hopefully, once the dust settles and everyone calms down, state laws everywhere will be amended to allow early canvassing of mail in ballots.
ggait

Post by ggait »

I was thinking the same. I haven't seen your results, but Trump was up with over 50% and 94% counted - seemed like it would be improbable for Biden to go to 62%.
I have no idea why, but last night the NY Times "needle" for GA went from 80% Trump win probability over to like 65% Biden.

Currently 64% Biden. Still there. Their algorithm must be seeing something...
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:20 pm Trump lead in Pennsy is down to 464K from nearly 700K earlier this morning. Still 19% of the ballots to report.
The outstanding votes will need to break about 3-1 Biden for Joe to close the gap.

Possible, but still seems to be a pretty heavy lift. I ain’t giving up yet, though. I have been bleating that Biden would win Pennsylvania for months now. Keep hope alive!
calourie

Post by calourie »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:50 pm Stocks gain today.
Up 700 currently with the prospect of Republicans holding the senate and avoiding proposed Biden tax increases. Split go'vt should continue good things for the stock market.
Some Repub senators may want to get back on the fiscal responsibility boat and let Joe take the blame for higher taxes in the event he does indeed win. Covid fallout will make the case for adding to the ballooning deficit over the next couple of years if the gov'ment doesn't come up with more revenue. Not a pretty long term picture.

Return to “POLITICS”