2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2020 Elections - is Wednesday it?

Post by njbill »

The outstanding votes in PA will largely favor Joe, probably overwhelmingly so, even in the red counties because it is mail in vote. The question is, though, will Joe be able to overcome Trump’s very sizable lead. Not sure, but at this point I would say perhaps not.

From the secretary of state’s description of the information available on the website, I would think a real data crunching nerd could do a deep dive and come up with a pretty decent estimate on where we will end up.

I didn’t think it was going to be the case that the late arriving ballots would make a difference, but maybe they will. And then we would surely be off to the US Supreme Court.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:43 am I can imagine a conservative doing it too. Expressing highly bigoted thoughts...but getting pilloried and canned for it.

Here's hoping the left gives Joy the same treatment. Or at least calls her out for her flamingly divisive Trump-like rhetoric. Part of the problem in America.
nah, expressing highly bigoted thoughts happens all the time on Fox...not by everyone, of course, but no serious repercussions.

And, of course, we have the reaction to Trump's own 'flamingly divisive' rhetoric...cheers.

I do think that the rhetorical flourish was unbecoming and unnecessary.
However, it's 'on brand' for her...I agree with TLD, not my cup of tea. Too 'loose'.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:48 am The question becomes...Does Trump run again in 4 years?

Or does he fade away to fight lawsuits and try to capitalize on his time as president?

Republican field is barren, unless they find some new blood...like Larry Hogan.
You're assuming that the Republican party is going to return to normal. I see nothing that would indicate that is going to happen.

This extremism has absolutely worked for the 1%ers. You have millions and millions of Americans who now think "the enemy" is their fellow Americans. And they're so busy "sticking it to the libs', they didn't notice what Trump was ACTUALLY doing. Are the 1%ers richer or poorer under Trump? Is the working class richer or poorer under Trump.

Hope for the working class is fading fast. And it was a *hitshow for Trump's "forgotten voters", if you'll recall...and that was BEFORE four years of Trump.

And now our payments on debt will exceed what we spend on defense. Think about that. Think about what that money could do for the working class family if we directed it at health care, infrastructure, education/training?

It's sad. And it won't get better with a Biden-McConnell Government.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:30 am The outstanding votes in PA will largely favor Joe, probably overwhelmingly so, even in the red counties because it is mail in vote. The question is, though, will Joe be able to overcome Trump’s very sizable lead. Not sure, but at this point I would say perhaps not.

From the secretary of state’s description of the information available on the website, I would think a real data crunching nerd could do a deep dive and come up with a pretty decent estimate on where we will end up.

I didn’t think it was going to be the case that the late arriving ballots would make a difference, but maybe they will. And then we would surely be off to the US Supreme Court.
There are plenty of votes yet to count from the Philly counties alone to give this one to Biden - perhaps by 100K votes. Not sure he will need PA though, as so far nothing has happened to dent his leads in WI (basically done as a win for Biden), MI, NV, AZ. And GA still has a chance to flip.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:30 am The outstanding votes in PA will largely favor Joe, probably overwhelmingly so, even in the red counties because it is mail in vote. The question is, though, will Joe be able to overcome Trump’s very sizable lead. Not sure, but at this point I would say perhaps not.

It would be pretty darn outrageous to over rule the lower court, and the reliance placed on the rules established, under a theory that all votes needed to be received by Election Day...yet allow military votes to keep coming in...

The only slim possible question would be that votes with no evidence of timing of being mailed might be disallowed if not in by Election Day...assuming the same is the case for military etc. That sounds like it'll be a very tiny number, though. And it means SCOTUS sticking their nose in in a partisan appearing way...

Hopefully won't matter.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:51 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:48 am The question becomes...Does Trump run again in 4 years?

Or does he fade away to fight lawsuits and try to capitalize on his time as president?

Larry Hogan doesn't appeal to the current Republican base. He believes in compromise. I suspect Larry is done in two years unless he wants to try running for the Senate.
I have a friend who was up for a judgeship and a good friend I coached who is on Larry's executive team. Both said a 2024 run is likely. For what it's worth. Even if it ends in the primary.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Interesting - Florida voted to increase the minimum wage to $15 / hour by 2026.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:38 am

Larry Hogan doesn't appeal to the current Republican base. He believes in compromise. I suspect Larry is done in two years unless he wants to try running for the Senate.
I have a friend who was up for a judgeship and a good friend I coached who is on Larry's executive team. Both said a 2024 run is likely. For what it's worth. Even if it ends in the primary.
I wish Hogan had the charisma necessary, but I don't think he does.
On the other hand, it's not clear what's on the GOP bench that's better and not tarnished.
He'd get my vote.
But Trumpism won't have been fully repudiated, so Larry's going to face someone 'loyal' and probably won't be able to overcome it.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:44 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:38 am

I wish Hogan had the charisma necessary, but I don't think he does.
On the other hand, it's not clear what's on the GOP bench that's better and not tarnished.
He'd get my vote.
But Trumpism won't have been fully repudiated, so Larry's going to face someone 'loyal' and probably won't be able to overcome it.
If you look at the field from 4 years ago. Not a lot to get excited about. Part of the reason why we got Trump.

Rubio, Cruz Pence, Desantis, Haley?

Gotta be some new names.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Grover N. is on CNBC claiming that Trump cut $2Trillion out of what he wanted to spend----"therefore" it's a spending cut.

There are no words for how much I despise this man. Election ain't even over, and here comes Norquist, claiming he wants spending cuts....after being totally MIA under Trump. :lol:

Who the F listens to these people anymore? He genuinely thinks that cutting taxes, and then paying interest on continued spending is brilliant.
njbill

Post by njbill »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:36 am There are plenty of votes yet to count from the Philly counties alone to give this one to Biden - perhaps by 100K votes. Not sure he will need PA though, as so far nothing has happened to dent his leads in WI (basically done as a win for Biden), MI, NV, AZ. And GA still has a chance to flip.
Yes there are still a lot of votes to be counted in Philly and its suburbs, but given the numbers outstanding, the ratios, and Trump’s overall lead, I think it is an uphill battle.

But I have been consistently wrong about Pennsylvania since 2016. Why start making accurate predictions now?

Oh, don’t get me wrong. I feel very good about Joe overall, just not in Pennsylvania.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

njbill

Post by njbill »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:37 am It would be pretty darn outrageous to over rule the lower court, and the reliance placed on the rules established, under a theory that all votes needed to be received by Election Day...yet allow military votes to keep coming in...

The only slim possible question would be that votes with no evidence of timing of being mailed might be disallowed if not in by Election Day...assuming the same is the case for military etc. That sounds like it'll be a very tiny number, though. And it means SCOTUS sticking their nose in in a partisan appearing way...

Hopefully won't matter.
Agreed that votes cast under rules in effect at the time the ballots were mailed should count. I’m cautiously optimistic the US Supreme Court will agree, even if they castigate the Pennsylvania Supreme Court for its decision extending the date by which ballots must be returned.

I just hope that Pennsylvania won’t tip based on these late arriving ballots.

Not sure, but it may be that late military ballots are counted late by statute.

Not that the post office would want to get in the middle of this, but I would think they can determine with near 100% certainty if a ballot was mailed late. Anything in the mailbox after the last election day pick up would be late.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Used to kind of like Brett Baer, but his toadyism in the last couple of days has really been at an 11. A bit ugly last night arguing with the Fox decision desk.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

cnn still says ga is out there. if it's done, don't expect a president elect today. nevada says no updates until tomorrow morning.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Wisconsin official just said that all localities have reported 100% of votes except for one 300 voter municipality. Not completely clear that the networks have all of those results, but it sounds like Wisconsin can be put in the book.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:41 pm Wisconsin official just said that all localities have reported 100% of votes except for one 300 voter municipality. Not completely clear that the networks have all of those results, but it sounds like Wisconsin can be put in the book.
NYTimes says still awaiting 3% of expected ballots. Not sure of why the discrepency - but I am sure that all the media outlets are doing some final checking. Not sure even if 3% left how Trump pulls this one out anyway.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kim Klacik, the latest Trumpnista superstar got waxed, only winning 25% of the vote, being beaten by slightly less than 3 to 1 margin. Spent more than 30 times what the winner did.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
njbill

Post by njbill »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:33 pm cnn still says ga is out there. if it's done, don't expect a president elect today. nevada says no updates until tomorrow morning.
Think I heard outstanding Nevada is all mail in, with a chunk still to be counted in the two largest (D majority) counties.

Fox decision desk says they may be able to call Nevada somewhat soon. Not clear if that is today. One would think not if NV isn’t going to report any more votes today.

Outstanding ballots in Georgia compared to Trump’s margin makes things look good for Trump there.

Still think PA is an uphill battle for Joe. Possible though. Trump’s lead is decreasing, but very slowly.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:41 pm Wisconsin official just said that all localities have reported 100% of votes except for one 300 voter municipality. Not completely clear that the networks have all of those results, but it sounds like Wisconsin can be put in the book.
I got the impression Wisconsin is getting ready to put this to bed.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”