2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - is Wednesday it?

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:35 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:31 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:21 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:31 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:16 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:10 am Pulled my Hyman Roth last night. Actual watched Godfather I and II last night and woke up this morning and saw the results.
great....so now you know there was NO election for Hyman to sit out.
One of the greatest characters. Stole every scene.
100%. Johnny Lip's old man, quiet wisdom was REALLY fun to watch.
I watched Apollonia and Sonny get taken down, then headed to bed...
Did you know the original concept for Godfather III was scrapped over something like $50,000. Duvall wanted to be paid like Pacino. The movie was supposed to be a rivalry between Michael and Tom leading families. I forgot Hagen was having an affair with Sonny’s widow. It rubbed Michael the wrong way.
GF3 was a horrible movie. It was a stain on GF 1 and 2
Yes it was. I only saw it once. The original concept for III had the potential to he great.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I can imagine a conservative doing it too. Expressing highly bigoted thoughts...but getting pilloried and canned for it.

Here's hoping the left gives Joy the same treatment. Or at least calls her out for her flamingly divisive Trump-like rhetoric. Part of the problem in America.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:57 am Mitch gets to run the Senate for at least 4 more years (R's will do well if they do not hold the POTUS seat in 2022). That means no more lib judges for a while, which benefits every American.
Good that you FINALLY realize that Trump didn't appoint a single judge-----McConnell appoints judges. Nice job.
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:57 am Biden will be a one-termer at best. He is not a bad guy. But he will be swamped should he run again. In the meantime, the D's (if Biden is POTUS) will tear themselves apart between the sane minority side and the rabid progressive majority side...that only inures to the benefit of whoever the next R nominee is.
Nope. Remember McConnell? Biden won't pass a single major bill for four years. We've seen this movie before.

McConnell will hold us in gridlock because it makes it impossible to govern, and McConnell thinks this helps Republicans in Congress. So that's what we're gonna get.

And in four years, just like we got under Trump? We'll be back here with the same problems we've had for decades. Education, infrastructure, health care, immigration.....all will go unfixed.

Oh well. Maybe next election.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:44 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:57 am Mitch gets to run the Senate for at least 4 more years (R's will do well if they do not hold the POTUS seat in 2022). That means no more lib judges for a while, which benefits every American.
Good that you FINALLY realize that Trump didn't appoint a single judge-----McConnell appoints judges. Nice job.
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:57 am Biden will be a one-termer at best. He is not a bad guy. But he will be swamped should he run again. In the meantime, the D's (if Biden is POTUS) will tear themselves apart between the sane minority side and the rabid progressive majority side...that only inures to the benefit of whoever the next R nominee is.
Nope. Remember McConnell? Biden won't pass a single major bill for four years. We've seen this movie before.

McConnell will hold us in gridlock because it makes it impossible to govern, and McConnell thinks this helps Republicans in Congress. So that's what we're gonna get.

And in four years, just like we got under Trump? We'll be back here with the same problems we've had for decades. Education, infrastructure, health care, immigration.....all will go unfixed.

Why do you perpetuate this myth? That the US Senate majority leader has this much power. It IS just not legally true.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:09 am the math on the mail ins in pa for registered parties:
1.4 million to count from 2.5 million in, if it were straight down party lines and 50/50 indie:

578k to biden

most of what we're looking at is metro however. and there is 300k avail from ballots requested dems, 200k republicans that could trickle in, if they didn't vote in person. not sure if any counties automatically sent them out and that's part of the latter totals.

trump up 618k. i'd say advantage biden.
Biden and his people know how to count. They believe they will win PA. Currently Michigan is +36K for Biden and still a lot of blue city mail in ballots to count.
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The question becomes...Does Trump run again in 4 years?

Or does he fade away to fight lawsuits and try to capitalize on his time as president?

Republican field is barren, unless they find some new blood...like Larry Hogan.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:48 am The question becomes...Does Trump run again in 4 years?

Or does he fade away to fight lawsuits and try to capitalize on his time as president?

Republican field is barren, unless they find some new blood...like Larry Hogan.
Larry Hogan doesn't appeal to the current Republican base. He believes in compromise. I suspect Larry is done in two years unless he wants to try running for the Senate.
ggait

Post by ggait »

GF3 was a horrible movie. It was a stain on GF 1 and 2
These five seconds were good. The rest, not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU
Did you know the original concept for Godfather III was scrapped over something like $50,000. Duvall wanted to be paid like Pacino. The movie was supposed to be a rivalry between Michael and Tom leading families. I forgot Hagen was having an affair with Sonny’s widow. It rubbed Michael the wrong way.
Can't believe I never heard this before. That could have been a great story line to play out.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:47 am

Why do you perpetuate this myth? That the US Senate majority leader has this much power. It IS just not legally true.
Uh huh. And what Bills were passed under the Obama-McConnell regime? Well, besides the Sequester.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:24 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:23 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:19 am Assuming the current results in Arizona, Nevada, Wisconsin and Michigan hold up, which is very likely, Joe Biden is your next President. With the one Nebraska EV Biden has, he is at exactly 270 at this writing.
what votes are being waited on in nevada and arizona?
Big blue cites. Las Vegas and Phoenix.
evidently a large portion is same day registration provisionals. given where mi and wisco are and not knowing tons about what's outstanding in az, nevada looks like trump's best chance to take one that is now biden. lead has been slimmed from 29k to 7.6. trump, to date on the count, is also outperforming vs 2016 in clark county by 20k. don't know if more of the count is mail in.

may not matter as the nyt put georgia at 62% biden. if he can't hold that, he'd have to pick off mi, wisco or az.

trump defended his bellwhethers and had to play a lot of defense. but if he couldn't defend 3 or more of his 2016 wins and not flip anything, he deserves to lose. obviously.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:47 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:09 am the math on the mail ins in pa for registered parties:
1.4 million to count from 2.5 million in, if it were straight down party lines and 50/50 indie:

578k to biden

most of what we're looking at is metro however. and there is 300k avail from ballots requested dems, 200k republicans that could trickle in, if they didn't vote in person. not sure if any counties automatically sent them out and that's part of the latter totals.

Biden and his people know how to count. They believe they will win PA. Currently Michigan is +36K for Biden and still a lot of blue city mail in ballots to count.
so they didn't come out and say they're going to lose pa?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

What in the world is your deal.....Mitch has done exactly that...he has been the most influential R, if not individual, in government for a decade.

What the heck does "legally true" have to do with reality.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:57 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:47 am

578k to biden

so they didn't come out and say they're going to lose pa?
I didn't hear that. I think they believe they will win PA and have a good shot at GA. Not holding their breath for North Carolina.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:48 am The question becomes...Does Trump run again in 4 years?
During those 4 years, he'll be a semi-ordinary citizen. with debts coming due and lawsuits to deal with. Trump will be busy.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:53 am

Uh huh. And what Bills were passed under the Obama-McConnell regime? Well, besides the Sequester.
POTUSA (literally) Obama signed 296 bills into law during the 113th Congress (2013-15)

Obama signed 327 bills into law during 114th Congress, other sessions, Obama signed 284 & 385 bills into law.

That IS 1300 bills signed into law.......including almost one billion $$$ for the 21st Century Cures act for medical research and FDA "reforms".
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:54 am nyt put georgia at 62% biden.
i don't think that's correct. from what i've seen, 99% of the votes are in and trump won ga.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:20 am
i don't think that's correct. from what i've seen, 99% of the votes are in and trump won ga.
I was thinking the same. I haven't seen your results, but Trump was up with over 50% and 94% counted - seemed like it would be improbable for Biden to go to 62%.
Live Free or Die!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:20 am
that was from 6-7 hours ago and before any updates that i'd seen.

thanks.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:14 am POTUSA (literally) Obama signed 296 bills into law during the 113th Congress (2013-15)

Obama signed 327 bills into law during 114th Congress, other sessions, Obama signed 284 & 385 bills into law.

That IS 1300 bills signed into law.......including almost one billion $$$ for the 21st Century Cures act for medical research and FDA "reforms".
:lol: Minor bills, and you know it. We've discussed this ad nauseum---the bulk of those bills? Renaming Post Offices.

Wow. Groundbreaking Legislation. But sure. Act like it was business as usual.

You're going to act like you don't remember why the Sequester was necessary? Okie-dokie.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

biden just extended michigan but james(r) flipped the senate race in the last update. substantially for both. weird.

Return to “POLITICS”