2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Re: 2020 Elections - THIS IS IT!!

Post by Matnum PI »

More than 98.7 million Americans have already voted, according to data compiled by the U.S. Elections Project.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

So great to listen to, and watch. A pure joy. Anti-infotainment.....just information, which, for some, IS entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGEIOJp9360
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ggait

Post by ggait »

We should get actual definitive results tonight (in time order) from FL (69%), NC (64%), GA (58%), OH (45%), TX (38%), AZ (68%). (Joe win probabilities per 538).

If Joe takes even one of those, it is over. 98% win probability with AZ; 99+% win prob for any of the others.

If Joe whiffs on all six swings tonight at Trump's glass jaw, then Joe drops to a 36% win prob.

If Joe takes Mich (95%) and WI (94%), Joe gets to 57% win prob. And the counting in PA (84%) becomes the 2020 version of hanging chads.
Last edited by ggait on Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:42 am We should get actual definitive results tonight (in time order) from FL, NC, GA, OH, TX, AZ.

If Joe takes even one of those, it is over. 98% win probability with AZ; 99+% win prob for any of the others (per 538).

If Joe whiffs on all six swings tonight to shatter Trump's glass jaw, then Joe drops to a 36% win prob.

If Joe takes Mich and WI (seems likely), Joe gets to 57% win prob. And the counting in PA becomes the 2020 version of hanging chads.
given how 2020 has gone, i have fully expected pa, nc and maybe wisco? to be late count bellwhethers. election week.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

ggait wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:42 am We should get actual definitive results tonight (in time order) from FL, NC, GA, OH, TX, AZ.

If Joe takes even one of those, it is over. 98% win probability with AZ; 99+% win prob for any of the others (per 538).

If Joe whiffs on all six swings tonight to shatter Trump's glass jaw, then Joe drops to a 36% win prob.

If Joe takes Mich and WI (seems likely), Joe gets to 57% win prob. And the counting in PA becomes the 2020 version of hanging chads.
what IS over? the daily covid O positive increases? ;)

speaken of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWZCxv62oB8

nothing to do but shugazzer surf music until tomorrow.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
HooDat

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by HooDat »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:30 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:25 pm
Come on Man what could go wrong?
Got an email Friday 10/9 saying my ballot was in the mail.

Delivered Saturday 10/10.

Drop boxed it Sunday. At one of SIXTEEN permanent drop boxes open 24/7 in my little county. No line -- didn't even turn the engine off while I hopped out to vote.

Email on Monday 10/12. Ballot received and being processed.

Email on Friday 10/16. Ballot cleared and already counted.

And all of the above could have been checked by me online 24/7.

Nice to live in a place that conducts elections with 1990s era technology and practices. Which is about 50 years ahead of most of the rest of the country apparently.

P.S. But I am having trouble tracking the other 50 ballots that I stole, harvested and voted.
how are you even doing that? 50 diff emails and po boxes or is the system not set up for tracking that yet?
I think there is an app for that.... :lol:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

PA is certainly positioned to be painful to watch
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Election-day voting seems to be going smoothly nationwide. I can't find reports of long lines anywhere.

This would seem to be a bad sign for Trump, as he convinced many of his voters to vote in person only.

Trump is quiet on twitter. Some generic "go vote" posts.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Given all the media hype, this was and is the most likely outcome - everything running pretty smoothly.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU77 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:32 pm Election-day voting seems to be going smoothly nationwide. I can't find reports of long lines anywhere.

This would seem to be a bad sign for Trump, as he convinced many of his voters to vote in person only.

Trump is quiet on twitter. Some generic "go vote" posts.
i would agree. but i had heard more, not fewer, polling stations were being set up.

then you've got the fact that 100 million votes were cast already, in some states more than had been cast in 2016. vs 47 million in 2016.

136 million total in 2016, maybe 150 million or more this year. big gap in pennsylvania on early voting, and have seen pa voting going smooth, but that's suburbs. tough to take away anything definitively.
njbill

Post by njbill »

CU77 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:32 pm Election-day voting seems to be going smoothly nationwide. I can't find reports of long lines anywhere.
My sister said she had to wait in line 2 hours this morning outside of Philadelphia. A friend in Philadelphia waited only 15 minutes.

My daughter in California is participating in a phone bank project and is making calls to Pennsylvania voters today. She reports her group has encountered problems with getting county officials to give voters provisional ballots. Of course, a voter has an absolute right to cast a provisional ballot if they aren’t allowed to vote in person. That doesn’t stop some county officials from trying to block that.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Salty's nemesis Judge Emmett Sullivan just issued a court order to the Postal Service - that their inspectors or their designees immediately and continuously sweep USPS facilities in AL, PA, MI, FL, SC among other places to ensure no ballot is left behind and delivered promptly to election processing facilities in those states and elsewhere.

UPDATE
Judge Emmet Sullivan of the US District Court of the District of Columbia ordered the United States Postal Service to sweep all processing facilities by 3 p.m. ET in a number of states, including some critical battleground state. The order mandates that USPS postal inspectors "or their designees" must start sweeping the processing facilities by 3:00 p.m. ET.

According to the order, this is, "to ensure that no ballots have been held up and that any identified ballots are immediately sent out for delivery."

The sweeps must be conducted in the following USPS districts:

Central Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, Detroit
Colorado/Wyoming
Atlanta
Houston
Alabama
Northern New England (New Hampshire and Maine)
Greater South Carolina
South Florida
Lakeland (Wisconsin)
Arizona

Seven battleground states are conducting sweeps and do not allow ballots to arrive after Election Day. They include: Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Florida, New Hampshire, Arizona, and Maine.
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I had heard that some counties were going to start early, notwithstanding state law. I wondered about that. Obviously it makes eminent sense, but the law is quite clear.

So even if there were violations in early counting, what is the remedy? It certainly isn’t that the ballots are thrown out. Maybe some people get their hands slapped or fined or something or disqualified from future elections.

The real issue is going to be what does Trump do tonight in Philadelphia after the polls close.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Smart move. To ensure there are no stragglers or late "surprises" from the democrats if they find themselves behind.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:20 am More than 98.7 million Americans have already voted, according to data compiled by the U.S. Elections Project.
Except in Texas where the libs are still trying to find that god d**n mysterious drop box... :lol: :lol: :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Kismet wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:12 pm Salty's nemesis Judge Emmett Sullivan just issued a court order to the Postal Service - that their inspectors or their designees immediately and continuousl sweep USPS facilities in AL, PA, MI, FL, SC among other places to ensure no ballot is left behind and delivered promptly to election processing facilities in those states and elsewhere.
always thought this was the solution (for election official mandate, not a court) for date stamping in pa. oh, well.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Voted at 11am in my city of Buffalo neighborhood of mostly pleasant pre-war homes. I was the only one seated at one of the 10 voting stations with one other being processed. Nobody standing outside, just squirrels. I imagine a lot of people voted by mail or used the open early voting period that ended last Sunday. Brought my voter ID card and my own pen to make things easier for the polling staff.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:18 pm
I had heard that some counties were going to start early, notwithstanding state law. I wondered about that. Obviously it makes eminent sense, but the law is quite clear.

So even if there were violations in early counting, what is the remedy? It certainly isn’t that the ballots are thrown out. Maybe some people get their hands slapped or fined or something or disqualified from future elections.

The real issue is going to be what does Trump do tonight in Philadelphia after the polls close.
"The real issue is going to be what does Trump do tonight in Philadelphia after the polls close."

Funny you should mention Philly counselor. I was just talking with my son who lives just outside of Philly. Since there are such huge #s of trump supporters in Philly the game plan is this... and don't tell anybody I told you. They are all going to go to Geno's and grab a cheesesteak and a cup of fries. Then the republican mob is moving into downtown and they are going to grab the liberty bell and hold it hostage until trump is declared the winner in PA. You can't tell a soul that I told you this. ;)
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:33 pm Voted at 11am in my city of Buffalo neighborhood of mostly pleasant pre-war homes. I was the only one seated at one of the 10 voting stations with one other being processed. Nobody standing outside, just squirrels. I imagine a lot of people voted by mail or used the open early voting period that ended last Sunday. Brought my voter ID card and my own pen to make things easier for the polling staff.
" Nobody standing outside, just squirrels."

And that is how you refer to the republicans who showed up to vote? ;)
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”