2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:30 pm
Cooter wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:25 pm This guy at Sky news thinks Trump will pull it out:

https://youtu.be/qmKGVyiiBCY

Seriously?
You watch this guy?
I read a good number of your posts that are mostly crappola. :idea:
Tomorrow night or Wednesday we will have a better feeling for how right or wrong this guy is.
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Cooter wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:18 pm
Cooter wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:25 pm This guy at Sky news thinks Trump will pull it out:

Seriously?
You watch this guy?
Tomorrow night or Wednesday we will have a better feeling for how right or wrong this guy is.
Dude stole my words!

https://thewest.com.au/politics/us-elec ... 881702273z

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:23 pm

Seriously?
You watch this guy?
Dude stole my words!

https://thewest.com.au/politics/us-elec ... 881702273z

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sky News is another Murdoch operation - shilling for DOPUS is right on brand for them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seriously?
You watch this guy?
Again, you watch this guy? Follow him?

But sure, over the course of the next week, we'll have a better sense of how it all played out, maybe even tomorrow night if a strong Biden win.

Analytically, I'm still in the flip of a coin between very narrow win by Biden and a blowout for Biden, but my gut says it'll be between those two. Big popular vote win, larger than '16, solid Electoral College, but not certain tomorrow night.

How's that for a wishy washy prediction? :)

Is there ANY scenario of a Trump win? Of course.
ggait

Post by ggait »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:42 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:34 pm Thought this might interest a few folks:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IIHWfA ... YQyY-R0oRY
A very cogent explanation of this particular effort at voter suppression from the point of view of two very Republican experts, and why it should be rejected by the federal court.
There does not appear to be anyone who thinks the TX drive-thru voting case is going anywhere. So I suspect the real target of this message is SCOTUS.

Ginsburg (basically THE GOP elections guy for decades) basically poops all over the "novel legal theory" called the "independent state legislature doctrine." Basically, he's calling BS on Alito and Thomas (and rightly so) and all other "conservative" activist adventurers in the federal courts forking with the election at this late date.

Note how he works in that the GOP in FL in 2000 (represented by him) basically argued the other way. And that none other than ACB herself was one of the lawyers making that argument. That's some high level shade he's throwing.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

ggait wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:51 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:34 pm Thought this might interest a few folks:

A very cogent explanation of this particular effort at voter suppression from the point of view of two very Republican experts, and why it should be rejected by the federal court.
There does not appear to be anyone who thinks the TX drive-thru voting case is going anywhere. So I suspect the real target of this message is SCOTUS.

Ginsburg (basically THE GOP elections guy for decades) basically poops all over the "novel legal theory" called the "independent state legislature doctrine." Basically, he's calling BS on Alito and Thomas (and rightly so) and all other "conservative" activist adventurers in the federal courts forking with the election at this late date.

Note how he works in that the GOP in FL in 2000 (represented by him) basically argued the other way. And that none other than ACB herself was one of the lawyers making that argument. That's some high level shade he's throwing.
Exactly; this brief and the Post editorial this morning have a specific and preferred readership.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:44 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:42 am
Of course no member of the “other team” is a real Christian.
Or a "patriot." The hypocrisy is just astonishing.
You two should get a room, but don't tell MD or he'll get jealous. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:51 pm

it's always good to have cards.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Waiting on a ruling in Harris County apparently:

https://twitter.com/HarrisVotes
ggait

Post by ggait »

Here's the definitive counter to WG's BS about how everybody on both sides does the same thing. The Banana Republicans are outstanding in this field.

From Republican election law guru Ben Ginsburg:

This is as un-American as it gets. It returns the Republican Party to the bad old days of “voter suppression” that landed it under a court order to stop such tactics — an order lifted before this election.

Trump has enlisted a compliant Republican Party in this shameful effort. The Trump campaign and Republican entities engaged in more than 40 voting and ballot court cases around the country this year. In exactly none — ZERO — are they trying to make it easier for citizens to vote. In many, they are seeking to erect barriers.

All of the suits include the mythical fraud claim. Many are efforts to disqualify absentee ballots, which have surged in the pandemic. The grounds range from supposedly inadequate signature matches to burdensome witness requirements. Others concern excluding absentee ballots postmarked on Election Day but received later, as permitted under state deadlines. Voter-convenience devices such as drop boxes and curbside voting have been attacked.

This attempted disenfranchisement of voters cannot be justified by the unproven Republican dogma about widespread fraud. Challenging voters at the polls or disputing the legitimacy of mail-in ballots isn’t about fraud. Rather than producing conservative policies that appeal to suburban women, young voters or racial minorities, Republicans are trying to exclude their votes.

The Republican challenging effort is focused almost exclusively in heavily Democratic areas. Signature mismatches will go unheeded by Trump forces in friendly precincts. This is not about finding fraud and irregularities. It’s about suppressing the number of votes not cast for Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... publicans/
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ok, the big day is almost upon us. the biggest election of our lifetimes. of course, as everybody knows there's a decent chance tomorrow isn't the last day, but it's still the biggest.

just as covid has had an impact on all the debate, rancoring (maybe not a word but i like it here), public disposition, historical mail in and early voting, covid will have an impact on the big day. how much? no one knows, but you can't deny the impact.

will the poll watching strategy win out? play with the lead, run tv ads galore, put a lid on the basement until late, avoid missteps. save energy for the final week and shout at empty parking lots.

or will it be the "ground game" (lack of money), travel by the air force jumbos, organize your bold caution-to-the-wind legions to pack into cheering fests in the middle of a pandemic. risk losing some to the virus before the big day when you need them most as a show of strength and freedoms.

what an election! who's coming to the polls?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:09 pm Here's the definitive counter to WG's BS about how everybody on both sides does the same thing. The Banana Republicans are outstanding in this field.
bs. great. you're a real statesman. tl;dr. easy.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:14 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:09 pm Here's the definitive counter to WG's BS about how everybody on both sides does the same thing. The Banana Republicans are outstanding in this field.
What is "tl;dr"? I thought it was a typo the first time, but it persists, so now I assume it means something. Just curious. If you'd prefer to stayed in your special world of mystery, that's fine too.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well, I didn’t get my $200 Medicare drug card in the mail yet. I’m sure it will get here tomorrow.
njbill

Post by njbill »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:15 pm What is "tl;dr"? I thought it was a typo the first time, but it persists, so now I assume it means something. Just curious. If you'd prefer to stayed in your special world of mystery, that's fine too.
He’s an rrr wanna be.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:56 pm
:lol: true dat
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:26 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:56 pm
:lol: true dat
Love thy neighbor

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:15 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:14 pm
What is "tl;dr"? I thought it was a typo the first time, but it persists, so now I assume it means something. Just curious. If you'd prefer to stayed in your special world of mystery, that's fine too.
I was wondering that as well. It must be some super secret Q code that nobody knows about. The Biden DOJ will need to investigate..
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”