2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:16 am The same way every other POTUS cashes in...book deals, speeches, some sort of trump political organization that raises money.
True. With this said, while there are pots of gold around the corner for him, there are also lawyers with subpoenas. and heavy debts coming due. putting both aspects on either side of the scale, i think trump will suffer post-presidency.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:16 am
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:03 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:56 am IMO trump is waiting for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
What's the pot of gold? I believe that the pot of gold is being protected by the power afforded the POTUS. as soon as he loses this power, he's little different than you and me including the greater simplicity of being arrested etc.
The same way every other POTUS cashes in...book deals, speeches, some sort of trump political organization that raises money. If there is a buck to be made, trump will find it. IMO trump has a huge # of followers more than willing to open their wallets for him. It could even be for his legal defense fund.
I think you're right, cradle, that Trump will try to make a buck.
And some of those efforts will bear fruit.
Heck, an awful lot of money raised for the campaign appears to have disappeared, as did so much of the dough raised for the inauguration.

But he's also looking at a total implosion of his fortune, massive debts coming due, as well as civil cases and criminal cases against him, his family, and his organization.

Without a DOJ to protect him anymore.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:46 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:16 am The same way every other POTUS cashes in...book deals, speeches, some sort of trump political organization that raises money.
True. With this said, while there are pots of gold around the corner for him, there are also lawyers with subpoenas. and heavy debts coming due. putting both aspects on either side of the scale, i think trump will suffer post-presidency.
Hence the need for the trump legal fund.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
DMac

Add a verse

Post by DMac »

Tis the night before election, all is not well.
Creatures are stirring, and madder 'n hell.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:48 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:16 am
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:03 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:56 am IMO trump is waiting for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
What's the pot of gold? I believe that the pot of gold is being protected by the power afforded the POTUS. as soon as he loses this power, he's little different than you and me including the greater simplicity of being arrested etc.
The same way every other POTUS cashes in...book deals, speeches, some sort of trump political organization that raises money. If there is a buck to be made, trump will find it. IMO trump has a huge # of followers more than willing to open their wallets for him. It could even be for his legal defense fund.
I think you're right, cradle, that Trump will try to make a buck.
And some of those efforts will bear fruit.
Heck, an awful lot of money raised for the campaign appears to have disappeared, as did so much of the dough raised for the inauguration.

But he's also looking at a total implosion of his fortune, massive debts coming due, as well as civil cases and criminal cases against him, his family, and his organization.

Without a DOJ to protect him anymore.
Life will be pretty sweet for him with his yacht parked off the Bahama's. He can have a huge stockpile of diet coke and big Macs. If he has a driving range on the bow of the ship what more will he need? In all seriousness if trump could hold off the IRS bloodhounds for 10 plus years delaying the legal action against him is not that hard to do. The strategy is simple...delay, delay,delay,delay,delay,delay,delay,delay. The old boy will be dead and gone before the legal system can ever sort it out. That is the advantage of having a small army of lawyers can give you.
Bob Ross:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:50 am Hence the need for the trump legal fund.
agreed. and the trump re-election campaign. and the trump [fill-in the blank]. he'll continue to take the $ of people who are willing to continue to be bilked. and... he's also going to pay for his illegalities. illegalities pre-, post- and during his days in office.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
njbill

Re: Add a verse

Post by njbill »

DMac wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:58 am Tis the night before election, all is not well.
The ballots were cast at the precincts with care
In the hopes that Saint Joseph soon would be there
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:59 am The strategy is simple...delay, delay,delay,delay,delay,delay,delay,delay. The old boy will be dead and gone before the legal system can ever sort it out. That is the advantage of having a small army of lawyers can give you.
Yes. And the NY AG will go after his kids, as well as their inheritance....assuming there is one....
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Charlie Cook's most recent 10/28 view has Biden getting a minimum of 290 ECV with another 123 in the toss up category. Every one of the toss ups were won by Trump 4 years ago. https://cookpolitical.com/sites/default ... 02820.pdf?

ElectoralVote.com has all the toss up states currently polling BLUE but for Texas and Iowa. Even Ohio is now polling BLUE.
fivethirtyeight.com has all the toss up states currently polling BLUE but for Texas, Iowa and Ohio.

Support for President Trump and Joe Biden in a group of battleground states has remained unchanged in recent days, according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, finding little evidence of the kind of last-minute shift toward Mr. Trump that helped him win four years ago.

The poll, conducted on Sunday in 12 states in which the election is most competitive, finds Mr. Biden leading, 51% to 46%, essentially unchanged from a survey late last week.

So we will see if the pollsters and analysts do better this year.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:31 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:59 am The strategy is simple...delay, delay,delay,delay,delay,delay,delay,delay. The old boy will be dead and gone before the legal system can ever sort it out. That is the advantage of having a small army of lawyers can give you.
Yes. And the NY AG will go after his kids, as well as their inheritance....assuming there is one....
One more time, that is the advantage of having a small army of lawyers. I have a workmen's comp case that has been delayed for years. I know first hand what a great job lawyers can accomplish when you can keep on apealing a case fore ever and a day.
Bob Ross:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:37 am
wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:15 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:03 am So, wgdsr, can you just be clear that the aggregate of what we're seeing from the GOP in this cycle has not been 'equivalent' to anything since the end of Jim Crow?

Put aside the point for a moment that there's some hard ball politics played by both parties, you'd agree that this voter suppression has escalated dramatically since the SCOTUS decision and with the GOP especially?

Kanye? really?
but actually hard ball politics by both parties with little regard for voter rights was my point.

i've made more than a few posts here in opposition to limiting boxes, particularly on purpose for gain.

voter suppression has become a very popular phrase lately. or maybe it's because this is my first time on the politics threads and watching the political news channels. so not good at comparing levels. has someone done the research with numbers?
Sure, that was your point.

But put that aside for a moment, are you saying that what has been described on here quite extensively of the GOP legislatures making it harder for specific demographics of voters to vote is matched by anything the Dems are doing to make voting harder?

I haven't seen anything remotely akin from the Dems. Have you?
I can imagine things they could do if they wanted to do so (I described some as future possibilities to make clear the analogue), however they haven't (yet) gone there.

I don't think we need to quantify the impact to see the effort to do so. And that's been very one sided. Not close.

Your point is more likely to be discussed, civilly, if you just make clear that you aren't arguing actual equivalence.

That's what is flipping folks off. There's a tremendous amount of disgust, even anger, at the efforts to make voting harder and what that ends up meaning in election outcomes. And real policy.

I'm a lifelong Republican who is also disgusted by this. It doesn't represent my values.
From my reading of your posts over time, I doubt it reflects yours.

So, help those disgusted and angry folks by being clear that you agree that there isn't an equivalence and it's not close.
Easier for them to listen to other points, if you do.

Just as an example of how out of whack of 'democracy' is right now, let's understand that in the last 40 years the GOP has only won the popular vote once, and that will be the case again in 2020. That will be once in 8 elections. And yet, we have a 6-3 GOP nominated SCOTUS.

I really think this invites enormous backlash eventually.
i'm fairly sure i never used the term equivalence proactively. that's another pretty popular term around nowadays.

you wish to keep moving the goalposts on my intent and meaning, and have me make comparisons between the 2, and other eras. the latter i already copped to being unqualified to do.

i did bring up a couple of examples... as examples of what very easily could be construed as not very altruistic votes-for-everyone mentality. this cycle.

so whether you or others like it or not, my own opinion might differ from yours. might surprise you, but i'm all good with people holding republicans' or anyone else's feet to the fire. outrage on fanlax if that's your avenue. or democrats actually in the trenches in texas trying to beat back what they feel are unfair practices. the latter, that's their job and what the country needs.

what i commented on was the sense i got (for some time now, here and many other places that have a bullhorn) that we got one side fighting for the little people with all their might for the most noble of causes. in my opinion, that's pretty far from the truth. they are paid to win.
cradleandshoot

Re: Add a verse

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:13 am
DMac wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:58 am Tis the night before election, all is not well.
The ballots were cast at the precincts with care
In the hopes that Saint Joseph soon would be there
Don't use that term around Biden. He will think he is a Catholic saint... :lol:
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:49 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:31 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:28 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:09 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:57 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:38 am See this from Duce:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 1402350592

Is there no Republican in Congress or even here who will come out and say that threatening Americans expressing their political preferences and beliefs is wrong? Seriously, how did you all become so unmoored?
Explain please. Were those driving on the highway with their flags "expressing their political preferences and beliefs"? And to cap it off, Biden cancels stops because of it....maybe they cancelled because they have driven a wedge with law enforcement and did not want ask them for help?
You really have lost your way. It's strangely disappointing. These are people who surrounded a speeding bus to bring it to a halt. The bus was moving altogether lawfully. This can only be characterized as unsafe vigilantism, but you find a really pathetic and wholly unsound "explanation" for it.

Expressing their political beliefs by flying flags: sure, of course. Ganging up on the highway to slow or halt another car? Fire in a crowded theatre much? What you don't understand about being American would fill books.
Would you feel the same way if it was a trump bus and the vehicles were all Biden supporters? The conversation would have flipped to "they weren't doing anything wrong" I can't wait until this election horse dung is over and done with. I only wish it was possible for both sides to lose. The only good thing about Biden winning will be for the first time in 4 years no one will be bitchin about the Rooskies. :D
I would absolutely feel the same way. No doubt at all. The conversation would not flip. This is not protected First Amendment activity; it is unlawful and at least the precursor to vigilantism in a divided country. It's exceptionally dangerous to let this go unchecked.
GMAB, your radio silence during all the vandalism, burning of businesses, etc... speaks volumes.
Look to Deuteronomy for your breaks, not from me. You are -- and I assume you know this -- comparing apples and meteorites. The demonstrations over the summer were a response to the murders of several citizens, and were comprised of at best a confusing set of actors. Your simple way of allocating blame upon the "other team" makes it clear to you that black and brown folks and other liberals are altogether responsible for the demonstrations and violence in various cities.

The scene I am talking about, and which the Moron decided to trumpet and support, is a discrete act of vigilantism. Which it appears you support. Which is disgraceful.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:16 am we got one side fighting for the little people with all their might for the most noble of causes. in my opinion, that's pretty far from the truth. they are paid to win.
Both can be true, no?

It just so happens that the Dems are on the "right side" on this issue. This voter suppression stuff needs to stop. The left DOES attack the Dems for their shenanigans......did you talk to any Bernie supporters last election? They had enough of the gamed system that gave them Hillary. And what happened? The held the Dem party accountable-----and as a result, at least in part? Hillary lost.

I get your point as to the Dems motivations regarding voter suppression in TX and other States. You're not wrong about the Dem motivations.

But that doesn't mean that the Dems aren't on the right side....their motivations are irrelevant to the end result.

That said? Let's have this same conversation if the Dems return fire next election. If the Dems limit access to voting in rural America? You win, and get to claim that they both do it.

If they don't? You admit that well, the R's are pretty well in the wrong here. Deal? ;)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:31 am

Is there no Republican in Congress or even here who will come out and say that threatening Americans expressing their political preferences and beliefs is wrong? Seriously, how did you all become so unmoored?
Explain please. Were those driving on the highway with their flags "expressing their political preferences and beliefs"? And to cap it off, Biden cancels stops because of it....maybe they cancelled because they have driven a wedge with law enforcement and did not want ask them for help?
You really have lost your way. It's strangely disappointing. These are people who surrounded a speeding bus to bring it to a halt. The bus was moving altogether lawfully. This can only be characterized as unsafe vigilantism, but you find a really pathetic and wholly unsound "explanation" for it.

Expressing their political beliefs by flying flags: sure, of course. Ganging up on the highway to slow or halt another car? Fire in a crowded theatre much? What you don't understand about being American would fill books.
Would you feel the same way if it was a trump bus and the vehicles were all Biden supporters? The conversation would have flipped to "they weren't doing anything wrong" I can't wait until this election horse dung is over and done with. I only wish it was possible for both sides to lose. The only good thing about Biden winning will be for the first time in 4 years no one will be bitchin about the Rooskies. :D
I would absolutely feel the same way. No doubt at all. The conversation would not flip. This is not protected First Amendment activity; it is unlawful and at least the precursor to vigilantism in a divided country. It's exceptionally dangerous to let this go unchecked.
GMAB, your radio silence during all the vandalism, burning of businesses, etc... speaks volumes.
Look to Deuteronomy for your breaks, not from me. You are -- and I assume you know this -- comparing apples and meteorites. The demonstrations over the summer were a response to the murders of several citizens, and were comprised of at best a confusing set of actors. Your simple way of allocating blame upon the "other team" makes it clear to you that black and brown folks and other liberals are altogether responsible for the demonstrations and violence in various cities.

The scene I am talking about, and which the Moron decided to trumpet and support, is a discrete act of vigilantism. Which it appears you support. Which is disgraceful.
Of course no member of the “other team” is a real Christian.
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:42 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:31 am

Of course no member of the “other team” is a real Christian.
Or a "patriot." The hypocrisy is just astonishing.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

More disgraceful disinformation from GOP operatives, this time the former DNI:

https://twitter.com/gregpmiller/status/ ... 8456256512

Make sure Democrats have a hard time voting. Make sure there are ways to stop counting their votes. And meanwhile fill the zone with falsities.

The GOP is literally un-American.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Some humor for Trumpnista waiting for the inevitable.

Jordan Klepper (The Daily Show) visits one final Trump rally :lol:

SNL Weekend Update

Olbermann on a role.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/02/us/richm ... index.html

Trump-Pence 2020
MAGA by VFTA!

Land of the free and home of the brave.
“I wish you would!”