2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by seacoaster »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:19 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:09 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:57 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:38 am See this from Duce:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 1402350592

Is there no Republican in Congress or even here who will come out and say that threatening Americans expressing their political preferences and beliefs is wrong? Seriously, how did you all become so unmoored?
Explain please. Were those driving on the highway with their flags "expressing their political preferences and beliefs"? And to cap it off, Biden cancels stops because of it....maybe they cancelled because they have driven a wedge with law enforcement and did not want ask them for help?
You really have lost your way. It's strangely disappointing. These are people who surrounded a speeding bus to bring it to a halt. The bus was moving altogether lawfully. This can only be characterized as unsafe vigilantism, but you find a really pathetic and wholly unsound "explanation" for it.

Expressing their political beliefs by flying flags: sure, of course. Ganging up on the highway to slow or halt another car? Fire in a crowded theatre much? What you don't understand about being American would fill books.
It is worse - the cops were called and showed up, and refused to do something (after the fact, yes)...
Of course, imagine this was a 67 year old woman, with a Trump-Pence sticker on her car and she was surrounded by trucks and cars bearing Biden flags, slowing her down, impeding her progress to whatever lawful task she was engaged in. Imagine YA's and others' outrage. Completely unmoored, and accepting vigilantism. Welcome to the God-fearing GOP of 2020.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:28 am

Is there no Republican in Congress or even here who will come out and say that threatening Americans expressing their political preferences and beliefs is wrong? Seriously, how did you all become so unmoored?
Explain please. Were those driving on the highway with their flags "expressing their political preferences and beliefs"? And to cap it off, Biden cancels stops because of it....maybe they cancelled because they have driven a wedge with law enforcement and did not want ask them for help?
You really have lost your way. It's strangely disappointing. These are people who surrounded a speeding bus to bring it to a halt. The bus was moving altogether lawfully. This can only be characterized as unsafe vigilantism, but you find a really pathetic and wholly unsound "explanation" for it.

Expressing their political beliefs by flying flags: sure, of course. Ganging up on the highway to slow or halt another car? Fire in a crowded theatre much? What you don't understand about being American would fill books.
Would you feel the same way if it was a trump bus and the vehicles were all Biden supporters? The conversation would have flipped to "they weren't doing anything wrong" I can't wait until this election horse dung is over and done with. I only wish it was possible for both sides to lose. The only good thing about Biden winning will be for the first time in 4 years no one will be bitchin about the Rooskies. :D
I would absolutely feel the same way. No doubt at all. The conversation would not flip. This is not protected First Amendment activity; it is unlawful and at least the precursor to vigilantism in a divided country. It's exceptionally dangerous to let this go unchecked.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:31 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:28 am

Would you feel the same way if it was a trump bus and the vehicles were all Biden supporters? The conversation would have flipped to "they weren't doing anything wrong" I can't wait until this election horse dung is over and done with. I only wish it was possible for both sides to lose. The only good thing about Biden winning will be for the first time in 4 years no one will be bitchin about the Rooskies. :D
I would absolutely feel the same way. No doubt at all. The conversation would not flip. This is not protected First Amendment activity; it is unlawful and at least the precursor to vigilantism in a divided country. It's exceptionally dangerous to let this go unchecked.
GMAB, your radio silence during all the vandalism, burning of businesses, etc... speaks volumes.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Amazing that Election Day is tomorrow. I can't think of an Election Day in my lifetime that i looked more forward to with hope and fear.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Regardless of who wins it is going to be a debacle.
The left will burn cities if Trump wins. If Trump loses he is going to spend the next 3 mos burning it down from the inside.
Mark my words.

The question should never have been WILL trump leave office.
He'll leave. But the smarter question is "HOW will he leave the office?"
DMac

Post by DMac »

You'll get no disagreement from me on that one, kram.
Pretty sure you're ammoed up..me too. Let the party begin.
:D
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:46 am Regardless of who wins it is going to be a debacle.
The left will burn cities if Trump wins. If Trump loses he is going to spend the next 3 mos burning it down from the inside.
Mark my words.

Yes, that's the question.

Imagine needing to say that.
If nothing else, that tells you why it is essential to defeat Trump and Trumpism.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:50 am
wgdsr wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:25 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:06 pm
meh. we've condoned blocking and tackling from our political parties for years.
110% wrong and complete enabler bull shirt rationalization. You should be ashamed of yourself, WG. Your either ignorant or just a kool aid drinking partisan cultist. Downright un-American.
the above is an all too common comportment from you.
so the rest is tl;dr.
He's only saying that your effort at equivalence between the parties is, well, just nonsense. Think about this: the electoral strategy of one of the major parties is (1) making sure that voting is harder; (2) that as few people who vote have their votes counted; (3) that there are a menu of paths to contest votes cast; and (4) that the federal courts welcome the state electoral disputes as part of their jurisdiction. The GOP is a disgrace to republican democracy; there really is no other way to characterize it.
i understand what he's doing and also how he's doing it. do you think i don't?

also can't help but notice neither of you addressed my overriding point, which was cut off, that this is how parties operate (out for #1) and what they care about isn't you or your "voter rights". THAT was the point. and in even this election cycle, there are 2 very prominent examples of it. which neither of you addressed (i'm guessing ggait didn't, tl;dr. there are plenty of examples of democrats wrestling and suing the green party, independents. you know they tried to disallow ballots in 2000 in florida when the election was in the balance, don't you? if i was a student of political history, i'd gather many more to throw back "equivalencies". chicago, maybe?

just a rush to get talking points out. no worries, then. i read yours.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:46 am Regardless of who wins it is going to be a debacle.
Mark my words.

IMO trump is waiting for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It does him no good to go out creating chaos. It is not out of the realm of possibility. IMO that destroys his chances of the big pay day. As far as trump is concerned, it's all about the money and it always has been.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I'm good in my little slice of paradise. Hope you guys are too.

My point is, Trump has never been a good winner and is an even sorer loser. People think he's been a handful until now? Imagine when he loses.

:shock:

It's gonna be scorched earth for all his enemies.
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

All very real possibilities and... My belief is that Trump will lose, Trump will shout "Fraud! Stolen election!" etc. and... It'll just be words. The country will move on, Trump will return to his Twitter bunker as a semi-ordinary citizen, and the country will move on. Trump will shift from a pest with POTUS power to just a pest.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:56 am IMO trump is waiting for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
What's the pot of gold? I believe that the pot of gold is being protected by the power afforded the POTUS. as soon as he loses this power, he's little different than you and me including the greater simplicity of being arrested etc.
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

So, wgdsr, can you just be clear that the aggregate of what we're seeing from the GOP in this cycle has not been 'equivalent' to anything since the end of Jim Crow?

Put aside the point for a moment that there's some hard ball politics played by both parties, you'd agree that this voter suppression has escalated dramatically since the SCOTUS decision and with the GOP especially?

Kanye? really?
Kinduv

Post by Kinduv »

TRUMP! 1IBTARTS G0NNA CRY, TRUMP IS G0NNA WIN, 1IBTARTS ARE A1READY CRYING! HAHAHA!!!
Last edited by Kinduv on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any great warrior is also a scholar, and a poet, and an artist.
-STEVEN SEAGAL
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:58 am I'm good in my little slice of paradise. Hope you guys are too.

My point is, Trump has never been a good winner and is an even sorer loser. People think he's been a handful until now? Imagine when he loses.

Not so sure about putting a limit on who gets scorched.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:03 am So, wgdsr, can you just be clear that the aggregate of what we're seeing from the GOP in this cycle has not been 'equivalent' to anything since the end of Jim Crow?

Put aside the point for a moment that there's some hard ball politics played by both parties, you'd agree that this voter suppression has escalated dramatically since the SCOTUS decision and with the GOP especially?

Kanye? really?
but actually hard ball politics by both parties with little regard for voter rights was my point.

i've made more than a few posts here in opposition to limiting boxes, particularly on purpose for gain.

voter suppression has become a very popular phrase lately. or maybe it's because this is my first time on the politics threads and watching the political news channels. so not good at comparing levels. has someone done the research with numbers?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:03 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:56 am IMO trump is waiting for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
What's the pot of gold? I believe that the pot of gold is being protected by the power afforded the POTUS. as soon as he loses this power, he's little different than you and me including the greater simplicity of being arrested etc.
The same way every other POTUS cashes in...book deals, speeches, some sort of trump political organization that raises money. If there is a buck to be made, trump will find it. IMO trump has a huge # of followers more than willing to open their wallets for him. It could even be for his legal defense fund.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Kismet wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:13 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:58 am I'm good in my little slice of paradise. Hope you guys are too.

And with the talk of reprogramming centers, it will also be interesting to see if the left implements a "Carthaginian Peace."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:15 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:03 am So, wgdsr, can you just be clear that the aggregate of what we're seeing from the GOP in this cycle has not been 'equivalent' to anything since the end of Jim Crow?

Kanye? really?
but actually hard ball politics by both parties with little regard for voter rights was my point.

i've made more than a few posts here in opposition to limiting boxes, particularly on purpose for gain.

voter suppression has become a very popular phrase lately. or maybe it's because this is my first time on the politics threads and watching the political news channels. so not good at comparing levels. has someone done the research with numbers?
Sure, that was your point.

But put that aside for a moment, are you saying that what has been described on here quite extensively of the GOP legislatures making it harder for specific demographics of voters to vote is matched by anything the Dems are doing to make voting harder?

I haven't seen anything remotely akin from the Dems. Have you?
I can imagine things they could do if they wanted to do so (I described some as future possibilities to make clear the analogue), however they haven't (yet) gone there.

I don't think we need to quantify the impact to see the effort to do so. And that's been very one sided. Not close.

Your point is more likely to be discussed, civilly, if you just make clear that you aren't arguing actual equivalence.

That's what is flipping folks off. There's a tremendous amount of disgust, even anger, at the efforts to make voting harder and what that ends up meaning in election outcomes. And real policy.

I'm a lifelong Republican who is also disgusted by this. It doesn't represent my values.
From my reading of your posts over time, I doubt it reflects yours.

So, help those disgusted and angry folks by being clear that you agree that there isn't an equivalence and it's not close.
Easier for them to listen to other points, if you do.

Just as an example of how out of whack of 'democracy' is right now, let's understand that in the last 40 years the GOP has only won the popular vote once, and that will be the case again in 2020. That will be once in 8 elections. And yet, we have a 6-3 GOP nominated SCOTUS.

I really think this invites enormous backlash eventually.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:19 am
Kismet wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:13 am

And with the talk of reprogramming centers, it will also be interesting to see if the left implements a "Carthaginian Peace."
This one puzzled me...who is talking about 'reprogramming centers'?
I'm not on the QAnon feed.

Source?

Return to “POLITICS”