2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
wgdsr

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by wgdsr »

meh. we've condoned blocking and tackling from our political parties for years. it's not about options to vote, it's about what's best for me and whether i have juice.

this is not to say it should be condoned. and as a fan says, when the winds change, parties will tack.

what an election! who has the best attorneys? does that matter at all or will it matter who has the state or federal bench?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:44 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:02 pm
Nah that comes in with the counting of the votes—

from your marxist hero

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”

― Joseph Stalin
You're not fooling anyone with your nonsense, 6ft. The millisecond...the millisecond....you decide that Republican election wins depend on making folks able to vote for three months? You'll be on here, complaining about how we need to move voting to a three month period.

All you care about is winning. You think that's more important than having a representative democracy.

It's absurd---totally absurd----to try and argue that we should make voting as difficult as possible.

Yet that's what your team is doing.

And as I said? When the Dems realize that it's hard for FoxNation to get to the polls in person and vote? I hope with all the hope I can muster that they make in person voting mandatory in every State. And put one single polling place in the worst neighborhood in each major city.

So I can come back here and laugh and laugh and laugh at the consequences of making your team's blatant attempt to win by any means necessary.......

It's so freaking transparent. You and your party should be ashamed of yourselves. One freaking ballot box in a Texas county with millions of voters? That's treasonous, if you ask me. Whomever is responsible for such a brazen attack on their fellow Americans should rot in jail.

And no, I'm not kidding. Your team is playing with a fire that they obviously don't understand. You don't get to act surprised if these games burn your own house down.....
How about only having polling places in large towns and cities?
Want to vote, have to go vote downtown.
After all, we need to 'control' who comes through the polling stations and we can only pay attention to so many...

Or maybe just require all polling stations to be on a mass transmit stop in a densely populated area...same logic plus publicly accessible to all...

Exactly how would not that have the same Constitutional basis as what they're doing by reducing polling stations, regardless of population density, moving them to locations without public transportation access?

No, we need national standards protecting equal access to the vote, no discrimination on the basis of any demographic etc.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Americans can vote from Space!

https://www.space.com/nasa-astronaut-vo ... space-2020

American can vote from abroad!

https://www.defense.gov/Experience/You- ... -Anywhere/

IRS Federal taxes: I can file, pay, or get a refund via USPS or electronically.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/e-file-options

The issue is one certain party doesn't want the "wrong" color of Americans to vote...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:17 pm meh. we've condoned blocking and tackling from our political parties for years.
Not like this. If the D's retaliate, and start yanking access to voting in rural America? I'll agree.

They're not doing that. Not yet, anyway.

The R's put up fake drop boxes in California, FFS.....and told the world that "yep, we did that". This is new ground. And it needs to stop before the Dems decide this is a good idea.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:41 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:17 pm meh. we've condoned blocking and tackling from our political parties for years.
Not like this. If the D's retaliate, and start yanking access to voting in rural America? I'll agree.

The R's put up fake drop boxes in California, FFS.....and told the world that "yep, we did that". This is new ground. And it needs to stop before the Dems decide this is a good idea.
sure. everybody has an opinion.
great country, america.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:04 pm

But apparently not equal access to showing that opinion at the voting booth.

These are dangerous waters we're heading into......
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:19 pm

Let’s make it harder to vote. Pandemic. Who cares... but don’t don’t make it harder for me to buy weapons.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:32 pm this new national obsession with politics seems to be working out well. can't wait to see what's up on wednesday.

we're just 3 days away!!!
Yup, tomorrow tis the night before big day, hope all is well.
No guns and violence, Uncle Sam will see you. Don't be bad
boys and girls.
Drum roll's getting louder.....here's a rousing number from MTC (aint RAP), feeds the patriotic soul.
Whatta figure the odds are of this being a big lot of Rs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9anfFdAr3E
God bless America.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:19 pm

just this cycle... democrats fought pretty hard in numerous states to keep my man kanye off the ballot.
they got the green party nullified in pa because their signatures to verify some form were faxed, not originals. the nerve. that move right there will have more of an impact than any texas box rule.

is that equal access to showing that opinion at the voting booth?
ggait

Post by ggait »

meh. we've condoned blocking and tackling from our political parties for years.
110% wrong and complete enabler bull shirt rationalization. You should be ashamed of yourself, WG. Your either ignorant or just a kool aid drinking partisan cultist. Downright un-American.

The current GOP rat forking with this election is only possible because of the very unwise 2013 SCOTUS decision of Shelby County v. Holder. That's the one where SCOTUS gutted section 5 of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. FYI, the VRA had been in place continuously since 1965, having been extended by Congress five times. The last extension (which SCOTUS struck down) had been passed 390-33 in the House and 98-0 in the Senate for god's sake. And the most successful civil right law ever passed in the USA.

So what the heck was John Roberts thinking by over-ruling that kind of long-standing legislative consensus??? My personal theory is that Roberts' current somewhat moderation and institutionalism comes from what he's seen in the 7 years since he wrote that regrettable decision. In his heart, Roberts knows that he completely screwed the pooch in that decision and basically broke the American democracy for no good reason.

Painfully naive Roberts thought that his minor/narrow issues with the VRA would be quickly and easily corrected by Congress (which is what would happen in a functional democracy). Instead, it unleashed and legalized a tidal wave of voter suppression not seen since the days of Jim Crow. And it was ALL done on the GOP side. ALL of it. 100.00% percent of it. There were not good people on both sides of this issue.

If the Dems sweep Congress and the WH, I know what HR-1 of the new Congress is going to be -- which will be the John Lewis Act to restore the VRA to its pre-Shelby state. And even this SCOTUS should not have any issues with it. And if the GOP Senate raises any filibuster objections, the Dems should nuclear option those Banana Republicans and then deport them all to someplace they'd feel more at home like Iran or North Korea.

Sheesh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_County_v._Holder
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:06 pm
110% wrong and complete enabler bull shirt rationalization. You should be ashamed of yourself, WG. Your either ignorant or just a kool aid drinking partisan cultist. Downright un-American.
the above is an all too common comportment from you.
so the rest is tl;dr.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

ggait wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:06 pm If the Dems sweep Congress and the WH, I know what HR-1 of the new Congress is going to be -- which will be the John Lewis Act to restore the VRA to its pre-Shelby state. And even this SCOTUS should not have any issues with it.
ROFLMAO!!!

You're right about HR-1, but it's going to be declared unconstitutional for usurping constitutionally granted powers of state legislatures. The vote will be 5-4 with a majority of Silent Larry, Janus Sam, Frozen Trucker, Renate Alumnus, and Large Dogma.

You read it here first.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

See this from Duce:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 1402350592

Is there no Republican in Congress or even here who will come out and say that threatening Americans expressing their political preferences and beliefs is wrong? Seriously, how did you all become so unmoored?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:25 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:06 pm
the above is an all too common comportment from you.
so the rest is tl;dr.
He's only saying that your effort at equivalence between the parties is, well, just nonsense. Think about this: the electoral strategy of one of the major parties is (1) making sure that voting is harder; (2) that as few people who vote have their votes counted; (3) that there are a menu of paths to contest votes cast; and (4) that the federal courts welcome the state electoral disputes as part of their jurisdiction. The GOP is a disgrace to republican democracy; there really is no other way to characterize it.

So, piling on, the writer of the piece below is a Republican election law attorney:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... publicans/

"President Trump has failed the test of leadership. His bid for reelection is foundering. And his only solution has been to launch an all-out, multimillion-dollar effort to disenfranchise voters — first by seeking to block state laws to ease voting during the pandemic, and now, in the final stages of the campaign, by challenging the ballots of individual voters unlikely to support him.

This is as un-American as it gets. It returns the Republican Party to the bad old days of “voter suppression” that landed it under a court order to stop such tactics — an order lifted before this election. It puts the party on the wrong side of demographic changes in this country that threaten to make the GOP a permanent minority.

These are painful words for me to write. I spent four decades in the Republican trenches, representing GOP presidential and congressional campaigns, working on Election Day operations, recounts, redistricting and other issues, including trying to lift the consent decree.

Nearly every Election Day since 1984 I’ve worked with Republican poll watchers, observers and lawyers to record and litigate any fraud or election irregularities discovered.

The truth is that over all those years Republicans found only isolated incidents of fraud. Proof of systematic fraud has become the Loch Ness Monster of the Republican Party. People have spent a lot of time looking for it, but it doesn’t exist.

As he confronts losing, Trump has devoted his campaign and the Republican Party to this myth of voter fraud. Absent being able to articulate a cogent plan for a second term or find an attack against Joe Biden that will stick, disenfranchising enough voters has become key to his reelection strategy.

Perhaps this was the plan all along. The president’s unsubstantiated talk about “rigged” elections caused by absentee ballot “fraud” and “cheating” has been around since 2016; it’s just increased in recent weeks.

Trump has enlisted a compliant Republican Party in this shameful effort. The Trump campaign and Republican entities engaged in more than 40 voting and ballot court cases around the country this year. In exactly none — zero — are they trying to make it easier for citizens to vote. In many, they are seeking to erect barriers.

All of the suits include the mythical fraud claim. Many are efforts to disqualify absentee ballots, which have surged in the pandemic. The grounds range from supposedly inadequate signature matches to burdensome witness requirements. Others concern excluding absentee ballots postmarked on Election Day but received later, as permitted under state deadlines. Voter-convenience devices such as drop boxes and curbside voting have been attacked.

Texas Republicans even thought it was a good idea to challenge 100,000 ballots already cast at a Harris County drive-through voting center that they want retroactively declared illegal. Perhaps they forgot the Republican expressions of outrage in Florida in 2000 when Democrats sought unsuccessfully to exclude 25,000 absentee ballots in GOP counties because of administrative error, not voter fault.

I was there, and I haven’t.

The GOP lawyers managing these lawsuits may have tactical reasons for bringing each. But taken as a whole, they shout the unmistakable message that an expanded electorate means Trump loses.

This attempted disenfranchisement of voters cannot be justified by the unproven Republican dogma about widespread fraud. Challenging voters at the polls or disputing the legitimacy of mail-in ballots isn’t about fraud. Rather than producing conservative policies that appeal to suburban women, young voters or racial minorities, Republicans are trying to exclude their votes.

“We have volunteers, attorneys and staff in place to ensure that election officials are following the law and counting every lawful ballot,” Justin Riemer, chief counsel for the Republican National Committee, said Friday.

That’s not precisely true. The Republican challenging effort is focused almost exclusively in heavily Democratic areas. Signature mismatches will go unheeded by Trump forces in friendly precincts. This is not about finding fraud and irregularities. It’s about suppressing the number of votes not cast for Trump.

Maybe the president foreshadowed his real purpose at a Pennsylvania rally Saturday night, predicting “bedlam” if the results aren’t known Nov. 3. In fact, challenged ballots aren’t reviewed until days later. So in a tight race, Trump’s demands for a quick result could cause the very bedlam he rails against. Or allow him to claim a false election night victory based on bad-faith challenges.

How sad it is to recall that just seven years ago the Grand Old Party conducted an “autopsy” that emphasized the urgency of building a big tent to reach communities of color, women and young voters. Now it is erecting voting barriers for those very groups. Instead of enlarging the tent, the party has taken a chain saw to its center pole.

My party is destroying itself on the Altar of Trump. Republican elected officials, party leaders and voters must recognize how harmful this is to the party’s long-term prospects.

My fellow Republicans, look what we’ve become. It is we who must fix this. Trump should not be reelected. Vote, but not for him."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:38 am See this from Duce:

Is there no Republican in Congress or even here who will come out and say that threatening Americans expressing their political preferences and beliefs is wrong? Seriously, how did you all become so unmoored?
Explain please. Were those driving on the highway with their flags "expressing their political preferences and beliefs"? And to cap it off, Biden cancels stops because of it....maybe they cancelled because they have driven a wedge with law enforcement and did not want ask them for help?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:57 am

Explain please. Were those driving on the highway with their flags "expressing their political preferences and beliefs"? And to cap it off, Biden cancels stops because of it....maybe they cancelled because they have driven a wedge with law enforcement and did not want ask them for help?
You really have lost your way. It's strangely disappointing. These are people who surrounded a speeding bus to bring it to a halt. The bus was moving altogether lawfully. This can only be characterized as unsafe vigilantism, but you find a really pathetic and wholly unsound "explanation" for it.

Expressing their political beliefs by flying flags: sure, of course. Ganging up on the highway to slow or halt another car? Fire in a crowded theatre much? What you don't understand about being American would fill books.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:09 am

You really have lost your way. It's strangely disappointing. These are people who surrounded a speeding bus to bring it to a halt. The bus was moving altogether lawfully. This can only be characterized as unsafe vigilantism, but you find a really pathetic and wholly unsound "explanation" for it.

Expressing their political beliefs by flying flags: sure, of course. Ganging up on the highway to slow or halt another car? Fire in a crowded theatre much? What you don't understand about being American would fill books.
It is worse - the cops were called and showed up, and refused to do something (after the fact, yes)...
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:49 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:32 pm this new national obsession with politics seems to be working out well. can't wait to see what's up on wednesday.

we're just 3 days away!!!
It’s entertainment. Other than what I see and post about here, I have not followed it like I did 4 years ago. I was watching CNN, MSNBC and some FoxNews daily. I have not watched since about April when COVID coverage was too much.
You are too busy watching the RISING, with Krystal & Saga

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/52356 ... less-ethos
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:09 am

Would you feel the same way if it was a trump bus and the vehicles were all Biden supporters? The conversation would have flipped to "they weren't doing anything wrong" I can't wait until this election horse dung is over and done with. I only wish it was possible for both sides to lose. The only good thing about Biden winning will be for the first time in 4 years no one will be bitchin about the Rooskies. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”