Is a 2021 season going to happen?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
bananas

Re: Is a 2021 season going to happen?

Post by bananas »

Was privy to a consultant at a private firm who first estimated U.S loss at 2 mil before yr end before revising down to 500k after handling of initial outbreak . Every life obviously matters bigly but became pretty clear who were the most vulnerable to serious health risks with some exceptions of course. Blame ? Hindsight is easy for the woulda should da lecturers Certainly some questionable hesitancy to shutdown at beginning but suspect response would have been worse under the blue squad given previous lack of preparation for h1ni where 6o mil got infected vs ten mil after 8 momnths. No approach has shown itself bulletproof other than doors being welded shut. Fausci advice has been inconsistent to say the least. Doesn't help that U.S.A. is not homogenous and federalism is not ideal for this circumstance. I personally dont have issue with people who dont wear a mask if they otherwise adhere to guidelines at it relates to others space and safety . Becomes others right to voice if another jeopardizing . Personally wouldn't attend a rally or protest but would be comfortable attending a sports game if spaced out. Most people I know are being pragmatic and disciplined and have adapted to the new normal .Knowing hospitalizations and deaths % had fallen off and not rising again to same degree as cases is somewhat reassuring .Therapeutics are obviously helping those admitted and medical facilities are generally better prepared to handle. Lax season? The headlines these past few days inject greater doubt but bit cynical about the timing and true status. Did the flu suddenly go away? A mutation to the virus would be a fly in the ointment.. Fluid situation so hopefully clearer by December to better opine. Right now, Im going down to local field masked to watch unmasked h.s. players practicing. Wish all the best however they'll handle their own space.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

bananas wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:46 pm Was privy to a consultant at a private firm who first estimated U.S loss at 2 mil before yr end before revising down to 500k after handling of initial outbreak . Every life obviously matters bigly but became pretty clear who were the most vulnerable to serious health risks with some exceptions of course. Blame ? Hindsight is easy for the woulda should da lecturers Certainly some questionable hesitancy to shutdown at beginning but suspect response would have been worse under the blue squad given previous lack of preparation for h1ni where 6o mil got infected vs ten mil after 8 momnths. No approach has shown itself bulletproof other than doors being welded shut. Fausci advice has been inconsistent to say the least. Doesn't help that U.S.A. is not homogenous and federalism is not ideal for this circumstance. I personally dont have issue with people who dont wear a mask if they otherwise adhere to guidelines at it relates to others space and safety . Becomes others right to voice if another jeopardizing . Personally wouldn't attend a rally or protest but would be comfortable attending a sports game if spaced out. Most people I know are being pragmatic and disciplined and have adapted to the new normal .Knowing hospitalizations and deaths % had fallen off and not rising again to same degree as cases is somewhat reassuring .Therapeutics are obviously helping those admitted and medical facilities are generally better prepared to handle. Lax season? The headlines these past few days inject greater doubt but bit cynical about the timing and true status. Did the flu suddenly go away? A mutation to the virus would be a fly in the ointment.. Fluid situation so hopefully clearer by December to better opine. Right now, Im going down to local field masked to watch unmasked h.s. players practicing. Wish all the best however they'll handle their own space.
The above is adult speak from a new poster. A big + on this board, esp. the federalism angle ... to say nothing of the DOI, which trumps (lc intentional), the fact that so many are willing to submit to a (de facto) police state when it proclaims what we can and cannot do, and, at the same time, just buries the dreams of tens of thousands of small business owners, their employees, etc. and turns them into wards, or wants to turn them into, of the state. I'm sure TLD, njbill, JHU06 and others will shortly arrive to denounce him (and me), but good job!
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Unknown Participant wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:01 pm
bananas wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:46 pm Was privy to a consultant at a private firm who first estimated U.S loss at 2 mil before yr end before revising down to 500k after handling of initial outbreak . Every life obviously matters bigly but became pretty clear who were the most vulnerable to serious health risks with some exceptions of course. Blame ? Hindsight is easy for the woulda should da lecturers Certainly some questionable hesitancy to shutdown at beginning but suspect response would have been worse under the blue squad given previous lack of preparation for h1ni where 6o mil got infected vs ten mil after 8 momnths. No approach has shown itself bulletproof other than doors being welded shut. Fausci advice has been inconsistent to say the least. Doesn't help that U.S.A. is not homogenous and federalism is not ideal for this circumstance. I personally dont have issue with people who dont wear a mask if they otherwise adhere to guidelines at it relates to others space and safety . Becomes others right to voice if another jeopardizing . Personally wouldn't attend a rally or protest but would be comfortable attending a sports game if spaced out. Most people I know are being pragmatic and disciplined and have adapted to the new normal .Knowing hospitalizations and deaths % had fallen off and not rising again to same degree as cases is somewhat reassuring .Therapeutics are obviously helping those admitted and medical facilities are generally better prepared to handle. Lax season? The headlines these past few days inject greater doubt but bit cynical about the timing and true status. Did the flu suddenly go away? A mutation to the virus would be a fly in the ointment.. Fluid situation so hopefully clearer by December to better opine. Right now, Im going down to local field masked to watch unmasked h.s. players practicing. Wish all the best however they'll handle their own space.
The above is adult speak from a new poster. A big + on this board, esp. the federalism angle ... to say nothing of the DOI, which trumps (lc intentional), the fact that so many are willing to submit to a (de facto) police state when it proclaims what we can and cannot do, and, at the same time, just buries the dreams of tens of thousands of small business owners, their employees, etc. and turns them into wards, or wants to turn them into, of the state. I'm sure TLD, njbill, JHU06 and others will shortly arrive to denounce him (and me), but good job!
It’s nonsense that’s just repeating the dishonest propaganda from the White House.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:29 pm
It’s nonsense that’s just repeating the dishonest propaganda from the White House.

DocBarrister
My bad. Forgot to include Doc Barrister with TLD, njbill, JHU06, but here you go.

As an aside, is there honest propaganda?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Unknown Participant wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:48 pm

DocBarrister
My bad. Forgot to include Doc Barrister with TLD, njbill, JHU06, but here you go.

As an aside, is there honest propaganda?
You want to take down the whole economy because you want to stand around drinking?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Because that‘s what they are talking about? Sheesh.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

socalref wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:23 pm
smoova wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:18 pm
FMUBart wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:58 pm
socalref wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:38 pm I deal with schools as a supply vendor and I've been surprised how many schools have stated they are waiting until AFTER the election to determine their spring semester status/adjustments which reeks of politicizing this issue.
What??!! Politicizing the issue?? I thought it was all Trump's fault for lack of leadership? I wonder if the spikes in France & Germany are due to lack of leadership by Macron and Merkel? NVM, I digress..
So, let me get this straight: if a school determines to cancel spring sports today, they are overreacting, but if a school waits to make that determination, they are "politicizing the issue"?
If they're waiting for the results of the election to make a determination, that's pretty clear cut. I have schools telling me to call them back after next week to make their buying decisions based on how things go on Tuesday. Hard not to believe the decision(s) they are making at that time is anything but politically based.
Isn't it simply likely that they're trying to gauge what's going to happen with the stalled bailout bill?
socalref

Post by socalref »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:11 am
Isn't it simply likely that they're trying to gauge what's going to happen with the stalled bailout bill?
[/quote]

If you were talking about new projects, campus improvements, capital expenditures, etc. I would probably agree, but this is in regards to standard maintenance work typically done over winter break and things they need to do if they plan to return to classroom, open dorms, etc.
smoova

Post by smoova »

socalref wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:52 pm
smoova wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:48 pm
socalref wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:43 pm That and their plans for the spring as far as opening the campus, continue to teach remote, etc. I realize they have to make decisions in November/early December as tuition and room and board for the spring become due in December for most schools, but hanging the decision on who wins on Tuesday just has a very bad smell to it. Certainly plays into the narrative that's been going on all spring and summer that COVID may go away after the election depending on who wins.
That certainly does smell bad ... unbelievably bad.
LOL. Just call me a liar and be done with it.
I have no doubt you're correctly reporting that many schools have decided that a national/state/local reopening is more or less likely based on the outcome of the election. To suggest, however, that there is a national, secret conspiracy (that is known to administrators at a local level) to keep colleges closed in order to aid the ousting of Anus Tangerinus is quite a stretch. Perhaps you just have a lot more faith in college administrators than I do ...
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:57 pm Because that‘s what they are talking about? Sheesh.
It’s people that want to stand or sit around drinking with their buddies and want to be served and entertained are the reason we will be shuttering parts of the economy again. Thanks
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:14 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:57 pm Because that‘s what they are talking about? Sheesh.
It’s people that want to stand or sit around drinking with their buddies and want to be served and entertained are the reason we will be shuttering parts of the economy again. Thanks
According to you, they should have never been UN-shuttered in the first place.

what IS essential about pork bellies , again. ;)
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:20 am

I would have reopened them with less capacity July 1 and reduced capacity and then went back to outside dining and drinking September 1. We wouldn’t be shutting parts of the economy back down. We may have been able to limp along. It’s basic common sense. But hey, the government can’t tell you what to do. Throw a nice football party this weekend and have fun.
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:39 am

I would have reopened them with less capacity July 1 and reduced capacity and then went back to outside dining and drinking September 1. We wouldn’t be shutting parts of the economy back down. We may have been able to limp along. It’s basic common sense. But hey, the government can’t tell you what to do. Throw a nice football party this weekend and have fun.
Spoken like a dart thrower.....

......in the real world, you gotta know how many of this, or that...to order. "sorry, Timmy, I would love to order 30 monkfish fillets, for tonites special, just not sure how many tables I can have this week"

"we haven't even used up our beer supply from March , because of the reduced capacity", "yeah, but the IPA's turn after a while. some more than others". " I hate IPA's", "....it's NOT about just you, you know besides, throwing out all these expired beers is a bummer. Hopefully the butter is still good"
Sllaxdad

Post by Sllaxdad »

if colleges can play D-1 football, clearly Winter/Spring sports should proceed. no fans, or limited to player families -- with masks and social distancing. The lockdowns have shown not to be effective. its an individual decision how close to get to another or where to go and what to do. the kids have the option to attend class remotely, so do the fans. most schools stream these games, so if a person does not want to attend, they can click in and watch.

The goal of a virus free society is not possible or realistic. to impose these extreme views/concerns on others is not right. if you hold them, just stay inside and drink alone or with others via Zoom.
Last edited by Sllaxdad on Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:48 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:39 am

Spoken like a dart thrower.....

......in the real world, you gotta know how many of this, or that...to order. "sorry, Timmy, I would love to order 30 monkfish fillets, for tonites special, just not sure how many tables I can have this week"

"we haven't even used up our beer supply from March , because of the reduced capacity", "yeah, but the IPA's turn after a while. some more than others". " I hate IPA's", "....it's NOT about just you, you know besides, throwing out all these expired beers is a bummer. Hopefully the butter is still good"
Can and sell through the retail channel.....Jack’s Abbey is doing that....BTW, those folks may need to change economic order quantities in their production runs. We are way off topic BTW.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

DocBarrister
Take your nonsense elsewhere Doc, your act is grown quite OLD. Nobody on this thread wants to hear it!

JoeMauer89!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Love how this clearly political page maintains on the lacrosse thread of this site. There really aren’t many who are trying to discuss this without bringing it into the political realm on both sides.

Went to a Ga Tech football game recently. 20% capacity and that’s a stadium that’s in the small side of a major FB program with capacity of only around 55,000-60,000 (probably a far way away from the co championship In 1990 but they’ve won a couple of ACC titles in the last decade or so under the prior coach Paul Johnson and his stupid triple option offense and no defense-they’d certainly put a stomping on UMD or Rutgers). So maybe there was 10-12k there, to start, it was against Clemson and looked like like Clemson was the big redneck scumbags and Ga Tech was Jodi Foster in the beginning of The Accused by halftime, half that by mid way through Q3. Mask wearing was sporadic. They did have folks come around telling people to put the masks back on ineffectively. I think the thing I learned of anything at the first major social event I’ve attended since Covid began is that people aren’t going to follow the rules and will put others at risk. Call it anecdotal but also recognize this isn’t your typical crowd that you’d see at a tree murdering SEC event or FSU, Clemson, Tech crowds are more like Vandy, Wake types-kinda lame if you’re looking for that balls to the wall insanity sh**show. So people can make their own choices but it’s irresponsible for hosts to put something on and expect their rules to be followed. If it’s opened up then the hosts should be opened up to unlimited legal liability.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
socalref

Post by socalref »

smoova wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:09 am
socalref wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:43 pm That and their plans for the spring as far as opening the campus, continue to teach remote, etc. I realize they have to make decisions in November/early December as tuition and room and board for the spring become due in December for most schools, but hanging the decision on who wins on Tuesday just has a very bad smell to it. Certainly plays into the narrative that's been going on all spring and summer that COVID may go away after the election depending on who wins.
I have no doubt you're correctly reporting that many schools have decided that a national/state/local reopening is more or less likely based on the outcome of the election. To suggest, however, that there is a national, secret conspiracy (that is known to administrators at a local level) to keep colleges closed in order to aid the ousting of Anus Tangerinus is quite a stretch. Perhaps you just have a lot more faith in college administrators than I do ...
Wow. It must be hard to get out of bed every day with the orange man living in your head rent free.

The fact you can’t respond to this topic without using words like “anus tangerinus” pretty much enforces my position that it’s not hard to see politics are at play.

A sad truth, but you’re proof that there are often few adults in the room.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

socalref wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:40 am
Wow. It must be hard to get out of bed every day with the orange man living in your head rent free.

The fact you can’t respond to this topic without using words like “anus tangerinus” pretty much enforces my position that it’s not hard to see politics are at play.

Yeah....no one evah colludes on nothing :roll:

https://news.mit.edu/1992/history-0903

the infotainment industry siding with "too big to fail " higher learning......geez.....thirty years ago.
smoova

Post by smoova »

socalref wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:40 am

It was a joke referencing a twitter post that went viral several weeks ago. Nevertheless, I'll accept your divergence into personal attacks as a concession of the point.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”