Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Sagittarius A*

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Junior is going to get all the left-handed Canadians.
Wait, aren't all the Canadians left-handed?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:33 am Wait, aren't all the Canadians left-handed?
Both of our freshman middies from Canada are righties. Brandon Benn was a righty. Lefty is more common but there are plenty of righty Canadians.
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:17 am

What personal freedoms have been taken away from you? Lacrosse isn't a personal freedom. Going to packed indoor concerts or crowded bars isn't a personal freedom. On-campus experiences at an institute of higher education isn't a personal freedom. I'm still waiting to hear about all of these so-called rights and freedoms that have been taken away.
The fact you don't view being able to enjoy life (whether that is a lacrosse player being able to play a game or for someone to go to a bar) because of a government edicts shouldn't be viewed as a restriction on personal freedom basically tells me you have no comprehension in how rights should be viewed. You clearly view rights as something granted by the government that can be taken away than rights bestowed from the individual to the government.

We can discuss the fact children aren't in school. People can't get together in large groups. California is banning people from meeting up over the holidays. That fact you don't recognize those as a loss of personal freedoms tells me a great deal.

At no time since the Civil war have more Americans be restricted in their ability to partake in the freedoms (even if you think said freedoms are inconsequential to you) they enjoy including such things as earning a living, going to school, going to meet others, etc. At no time in any pandemic has the policy been to restrict the healthy from going about their day. Even during the Spanish Flu restrictions were in place for only 10-12 weeks. We are now working on 7+ months with more months to go to allegedly stop a virus that has a morbidity rate of about 99.7 and higher and with a median age of death over 80.

But, hey only 2 more weeks and we will flatten the curve to protect hospitals. Oh, wait that doesn't work anymore - 2 more weeks to eradicate a virus (note only 1 virus has ever been eradicated). Oh, wait...2 more weeks until a vaccine. No, that doesn't work a vaccine was supposed to be ready in the September. Hmmm, that doesn't seem to have happened. Oh, yeah it was before Christmas. Wait, that isn't happening either. Next spring...wanna take any bets that doesn't happen.

But, you can go run along to your WFH job placing orders on UberEats and Instacart that require those less fortunate to place themselves in allegedly more harms way so you can stay home.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

steel_hop wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:33 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:17 am

What personal freedoms have been taken away from you? Lacrosse isn't a personal freedom. Going to packed indoor concerts or crowded bars isn't a personal freedom. On-campus experiences at an institute of higher education isn't a personal freedom. I'm still waiting to hear about all of these so-called rights and freedoms that have been taken away.
The fact you don't view being able to enjoy life (whether that is a lacrosse player being able to play a game or for someone to go to a bar) because of a government edicts shouldn't be viewed as a restriction on personal freedom basically tells me you have no comprehension in how rights should be viewed. You clearly view rights as something granted by the government that can be taken away than rights bestowed from the individual to the government.

We can discuss the fact children aren't in school. People can't get together in large groups. California is banning people from meeting up over the holidays. That fact you don't recognize those as a loss of personal freedoms tells me a great deal.

At no time since the Civil war have more Americans be restricted in their ability to partake in the freedoms (even if you think said freedoms are inconsequential to you) they enjoy including such things as earning a living, going to school, going to meet others, etc. At no time in any pandemic has the policy been to restrict the healthy from going about their day. Even during the Spanish Flu restrictions were in place for only 10-12 weeks. We are now working on 7+ months with more months to go to allegedly stop a virus that has a morbidity rate of about 99.7 and higher and with a median age of death over 80.

But, hey only 2 more weeks and we will flatten the curve to protect hospitals. Oh, wait that doesn't work anymore - 2 more weeks to eradicate a virus (note only 1 virus has ever been eradicated). Oh, wait...2 more weeks until a vaccine. No, that doesn't work a vaccine was supposed to be ready in the September. Hmmm, that doesn't seem to have happened. Oh, yeah it was before Christmas. Wait, that isn't happening either. Next spring...wanna take any bets that doesn't happen.

But, you can go run along to your WFH job placing orders on UberEats and Instacart that require those less fortunate to place themselves in allegedly more harms way so you can stay home.
Literally the only people who said a vaccine would be ready "in September" or "before Christmas" was the exact same incompetent government that's been completely incapable of getting the virus under control because they literally don't care what happens to the people who get sick. No credible epidemiologists or doctors said it'd be ready at that point. They've consistently said best case scenario early-to-middle of next year.

But if it's the government that claimed a vaccine was coming as a political and election tool that you're getting your information from well you're definitely a lost cause.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

steel_hop wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:33 pm The fact you don't view being able to enjoy life (whether that is a lacrosse player being able to play a game or for someone to go to a bar) because of a government edicts shouldn't be viewed as a restriction on personal freedom basically tells me you have no comprehension in how rights should be viewed. You clearly view rights as something granted by the government that can be taken away than rights bestowed from the individual to the government.

Sounds like you want to just sacrifice the olds so you can have a huge Thanksgiving.

The California rules are designed to limit the spread of the virus. No one is going to get arrested if your dinner party goes an hour over the guidelines. It's meant to pressure people into adhering to the science, because they're too dumb to do so of their own volition. When they start sending people to the gulag for not properly sanitizing their bathrooms then you can talk to me about violating personal freedom. Until then, why don't we just listen? If people listened all of this would be over sooner.

By the way, you know absolutely nothing of my work or life situation. FYI, I quarantined in a tiny apartment and didn't see family or friends for months and was (and still basically am) living paycheck to paycheck under constant threat of being laid off while trying to re-plan a wedding that was supposed to happen next year. I'm not happy about any of those things but it's what had to happen because we're in a pandemic in the dumbest country on Earth and we can't have nice things here while much of the rest of the world has moved on to living life exactly the way you describe because they wore masks and understood maybe going to the bar and having giant indoor gatherings can wait until it's actually safe to do so and wouldn't jeopardize anyone else's health. My brother, healthy in his 30s, has a pre-existing condition that if he were to get the virus he very well may not survive. The chances would certainly not be 99.7. Hopefully no one at your giant Thanksgiving party will come in contact with him at any point.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

where are these magical places that have moved on?
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Dumbest country on Earth?

Experiment: You leave. We’ll see if the average goes up.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:06 pm where are these magical places that have moved on?
most of Asia?
New Zealand? Australia?

Of course, that doesn't mean they've actually 'moved on', but yeah, mostly living normally.
Certainly much better than us.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:49 pm Dumbest country on Earth?

Experiment: You leave. We’ll see if the average goes up.
Funny.
Though hyperbolic, maybe better to say a country with one of the dumbest leaders on Earth.

Hard to argue with that one.
Brazil would give us a run...

But you need to handicap for which country has the better scientific advisors...to ignore.
Gotta be really, really dumb to ignore/over ride the world's best experts...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:52 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:06 pm where are these magical places that have moved on?
most of Asia?
New Zealand? Australia?

Of course, that doesn't mean they've actually 'moved on', but yeah, mostly living normally.
huh? australia's schools aren't all full time. melbourne in nyt today just got out of a 4 month lockdown. today. 5 months of no restaurants, sports, no churches, couldn't travel more than 3 miles. who knows what happens after letting them out of the house. bet their rules are stricter than ours?

japan has tons of schools online and hybrid. like we do.

i don't know anything about new zealand other than i saw yesterday they are throwing people against their will into internment camps if they test positive. only can get out if they test negative. hopefully, their ct amplification isn't too high. my neighbor has tested positive for months and can't go back to work.

you sure about these places? and that's it? he said much of the world. would you have had more a month or so ago? what inning are we in?
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

False - Australia had two Rugby leagues active.

And Eff the Melbourne Storm.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:54 pm False - Australia had two Rugby leagues active.

we don't have sports leagues playing? did melbourne play and at home?
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

steel_hop wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:33 pm At no time since the Civil war have more Americans be restricted in their ability to partake in the freedoms (even if you think said freedoms are inconsequential to you) they enjoy including such things as earning a living, going to school, going to meet others, etc. At no time in any pandemic has the policy been to restrict the healthy from going about their day. Even during the Spanish Flu restrictions were in place for only 10-12 weeks. We are now working on 7+ months with more months to go to allegedly stop a virus that has a morbidity rate of about 99.7 and higher and with a median age of death over 80.
Well they are no longer here to provide a first person account but my father - born in 1918 amd my mother -born in 1920 - would vehemently disagree with you on the basis of the Great Depression and World War II. The difference between the Greatest Generation and these yahoos today is that if Roosevelt had told them to wear a mask and not gather in groups larger than 10 or whatever - then that's what they would have done.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:56 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:54 pm False - Australia had two Rugby leagues active.

The NRL was in a bubble system. At the restart in May, all teams played in the Sydney area’s two or three stadia.

Later in the winter, other sites opened up. So, more of the teams got their home games back with no fans.

Very late in the season and during the playoffs, a very limited number of fans could attend.

I do like the cardboard cut-out audiences. Very silent. Like Homewood over the past 12 years.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:33 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:56 pm

The NRL was in a bubble system. At the restart in May, all teams played in the Sydney area’s two or three stadia.

Later in the winter, other sites opened up. So, more of the teams got their home games back with no fans.

Very late in the season and during the playoffs, a very limited number of fans could attend.

I do like the cardboard cut-out audiences. Very silent. Like Homewood over the past 12 years.
i like the cardboard cutouts, too. like homewood unless a ref makes a call. any call.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

One of my favorite plays of the NRL season is when Sivo of the Parramatta Eels kicked the footy straight into the seats and he went over to apologize to the cardboard cutout that he hit.

There are plenty of other sports to watch even if we don’t have lacrosse.

But thank heavens baseball is over. Can’t stand that krap.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 pm
most of Asia?
New Zealand? Australia?

huh? australia's schools aren't all full time. melbourne in nyt today just got out of a 4 month lockdown. today. 5 months of no restaurants, sports, no churches, couldn't travel more than 3 miles. who knows what happens after letting them out of the house. bet their rules are stricter than ours?

japan has tons of schools online and hybrid. like we do.

i don't know anything about new zealand other than i saw yesterday they are throwing people against their will into internment camps if they test positive. only can get out if they test negative. hopefully, their ct amplification isn't too high. my neighbor has tested positive for months and can't go back to work.

you sure about these places? and that's it? he said much of the world. would you have had more a month or so ago? what inning are we in?
Gotta watch your sources on New Zealand.

Read though this response to the nonsense Laura Ingraham and Victor Davis Hanson spread about NZ:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainmen ... EM2UISYWY/

China is back to normal, though remain serious. So has Singapore. So has Hong Kong. So has South Korea.

Yes, Australia went through a very tough lockdown: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-54654646

As a result their deaths per million pop is just 35 and a tiny amount of virus left there.
We're at over 20X their deaths per million and growing fast.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Wisconsin Football just shut down.
Fall football is the petri dish for college athletics right now.
viper

Post by viper »

51percentcorn wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:07 pm
steel_hop wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:33 pm At no time since the Civil war have more Americans be restricted in their ability to partake in the freedoms (even if you think said freedoms are inconsequential to you) they enjoy including such things as earning a living, going to school, going to meet others, etc. At no time in any pandemic has the policy been to restrict the healthy from going about their day. Even during the Spanish Flu restrictions were in place for only 10-12 weeks. We are now working on 7+ months with more months to go to allegedly stop a virus that has a morbidity rate of about 99.7 and higher and with a median age of death over 80.
Well they are no longer here to provide a first person account but my father - born in 1918 amd my mother -born in 1920 - would vehemently disagree with you on the basis of the Great Depression and World War II. The difference between the Greatest Generation and these yahoos today is that if Roosevelt had told them to wear a mask and not gather in groups larger than 10 or whatever - then that's what they would have done.
+1

....that generation arguably made more personal sacrifices than any other alive today and yet there are many who are okay with whoever is left of that generation making the ultimate sacrifice so they can go to a restaurant for dinner.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

most of Asia?
New Zealand? Australia?

Closing ski resorts is normal? who knew :roll:
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”