Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Orange Duce

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:43 pm The federal district court decision:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ocument/p1
No one should be above the law. It is no wonder why trump wants to be re-elected so badly. The boy is in for one legal chitstorm after another once he leaves office. I'm glad I won't have to pay his legal fees.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:04 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:43 pm The federal district court decision:

No one should be above the law. It is no wonder why trump wants to be re-elected so badly. The boy is in for one legal chitstorm after another once he leaves office. I'm glad I won't have to pay his legal fees.
I think the real point — not to be lost here — is that the United States Department of Justice tried to slip in here and make YOU AND ME the effective paymasters if not defendants in this case. Trump is bending every Executive Branch function to his personal needs and will. If that doesn’t concern folks, and if Trump still has their support and vote, they don’t understand and care about our system of government.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:12 pm

I think the real point — not to be lost here — is that the United States Department of Justice tried to slip in here and make YOU AND ME the effective paymasters if not defendants in this case. Trump is bending every Executive Branch function to his personal needs and will. If that doesn’t concern folks, and if Trump still has their support and vote, they don’t understand and care about our system of government.
IMO coaster what goes around comes around. Trump's ability to fiddle with the DOJ is rapidly coming to a close. He will have to be held legally responsible for his shenanigans eventually. He may wind up living the rest of his days on a yacht parked in international waters. Let him go someplace and rot. The sooner we get past his presidency the better. I may not be a fan of Biden but I will be glad to see a change of leadership
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:12 pm

Not to mention the obvious gamesmanship of Barr and Trump. The state court lawsuit was filed almost a year ago. Nothing has changed since then in terms of this purported basis for removal.

The State court had ordered Trump to give a DNA sample. Shortly thereafter, Barr/Trump filed the pleading to remove the case from state to federal court. The sole purpose was to delay the DNA sample until after the election. They knew darn well the federal court was going to rule against them.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:09 pm What a cry baby and a loser!
now he's blaming Fox for his pending doom... :oops:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Imagine how costly a second term would be, and how quiet the toadies will get::

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... uGYPOjDqe4

President Trump welcomed the Japanese prime minister at Mar-a-Lago, in front of a towering arrangement of roses. The two could have met in Washington, but Trump said his private club was a more comfortable alternative.

“It is, indeed, the Southern White House,” Trump said, greeting Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in front of the press in April 2018.

For Trump, there was another, hidden benefit. Money.

At Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s company would get paid to host his summit.

In the next two days, as Trump and Abe talked about trade and North Korea, Trump’s Palm Beach, Fla., club billed the U.S. government $13,700 for guest rooms, $16,500 for food and wine and $6,000 for the roses and other floral arrangements.

Trump’s club even charged for the smallest of services. When Trump and Abe met alone, with no food served, the government still got a bill for what they drank.
“Bilateral meeting,” the bill said. “Water.” $3 each.

Those 2018 payments, revealed here for the first time, are part of a long-running pattern whose scope has become clear only in recent months.
Since his first month in office, Trump has used his power to direct millions from U.S. taxpayers — and from his political supporters — into his own businesses. The Washington Post has sought to compile examples of this spending through open records requests and a lawsuit.”

Remember when you guys pretended to have rigorous standards when the black guy was President? You’re all Marco Rubios.

“In all, he has received at least $8.1 million from these two sources since he took office, those documents and publicly available records show.

The president brought taxpayer money to his businesses simply by bringing himself. He’s visited his hotels and clubs more than 280 times now, making them a familiar backdrop for his presidency. And in doing so, he has turned those properties into magnets for GOP events, including glitzy fundraisers for his own reelection campaign, where big donors go to see and be seen.

Trump says the reason is comfort. “People like my product, what can I tell you, can’t help it,” he told reporters last year.
But documents show that visits by Trump, his family and his supporters have turned the government and the Republican Party into regular customers for the family business.
In the case of the government, Trump’s visits turned it into a captive customer, newly revealed documents show. What the government needed from Trump’s properties, it had to buy from Trump’s company.

So the more he went, the more he got. Since 2017, Trump’s company has charged taxpayers for hotel rooms, ballrooms, cottages, rental houses, golf carts, votive candles, floating candles, candelabras, furniture moving, resort fees, decorative palm trees, strip steak, chocolate cake, breakfast buffets, $88 bottles of wine and $1,000 worth of liquor for White House aides. And water.”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:28 pm Imagine how costly a second term would be, and how quiet the toadies will get::

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... uGYPOjDqe4

President Trump welcomed the Japanese prime minister at Mar-a-Lago, in front of a towering arrangement of roses. The two could have met in Washington, but Trump said his private club was a more comfortable alternative.

“It is, indeed, the Southern White House,” Trump said, greeting Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in front of the press in April 2018.

For Trump, there was another, hidden benefit. Money.

At Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s company would get paid to host his summit.

In the next two days, as Trump and Abe talked about trade and North Korea, Trump’s Palm Beach, Fla., club billed the U.S. government $13,700 for guest rooms, $16,500 for food and wine and $6,000 for the roses and other floral arrangements.

Trump’s club even charged for the smallest of services. When Trump and Abe met alone, with no food served, the government still got a bill for what they drank.
“Bilateral meeting,” the bill said. “Water.” $3 each.

Those 2018 payments, revealed here for the first time, are part of a long-running pattern whose scope has become clear only in recent months.
Since his first month in office, Trump has used his power to direct millions from U.S. taxpayers — and from his political supporters — into his own businesses. The Washington Post has sought to compile examples of this spending through open records requests and a lawsuit.”

Remember when you guys pretended to have rigorous standards when the black guy was President? You’re all Marco Rubios.

“In all, he has received at least $8.1 million from these two sources since he took office, those documents and publicly available records show.

The president brought taxpayer money to his businesses simply by bringing himself. He’s visited his hotels and clubs more than 280 times now, making them a familiar backdrop for his presidency. And in doing so, he has turned those properties into magnets for GOP events, including glitzy fundraisers for his own reelection campaign, where big donors go to see and be seen.

Trump says the reason is comfort. “People like my product, what can I tell you, can’t help it,” he told reporters last year.
But documents show that visits by Trump, his family and his supporters have turned the government and the Republican Party into regular customers for the family business.
In the case of the government, Trump’s visits turned it into a captive customer, newly revealed documents show. What the government needed from Trump’s properties, it had to buy from Trump’s company.

So the more he went, the more he got. Since 2017, Trump’s company has charged taxpayers for hotel rooms, ballrooms, cottages, rental houses, golf carts, votive candles, floating candles, candelabras, furniture moving, resort fees, decorative palm trees, strip steak, chocolate cake, breakfast buffets, $88 bottles of wine and $1,000 worth of liquor for White House aides. And water.”
I am reminded of my favorite line from Mel Brooks... It's good to be king... It is a good thing they didn't eat cake, i wonder how much that would have cost?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-2h4XnKZ3g
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Justice Barrett: Culmination of the right's five-year misogynist temper tantrum

The Grab-Em-By-The-Puzzy president completes a reality-bending giant FORK YOU to feminists with the ascendence of ACB...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:13 am The President retweets a conspiracy theory to his, what, 80,000,000 "followers" about Obama and Iran staging the Bin Laden capture and killing, with the help of three CIA Directors. And no one seems to care.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1316219631414194176

Talk about an election with a binary choice: crazy or not.
You can write in people, you know. It IS our right. If social media IS so powerful, where is the push for write ins? Also, why NO ice berg tipping other parties, taking away meaningful votes and percentages, this time?

Where are all those VOTES going to go to? Millions of them.

Come on, who IS not going to vote for Spike Cohen for VP in 2020? Only other party/ticket on the New Hampshire ballot, for POTUSA
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Farenthold remains on the case

NEW: Previously un-released documents show the government has paid $2.5 million to Trump's businesses. Far more than we knew.

Trump Org charged $7,700 for a dinner, $6,000 for floral arrangements…and $3 for POTUS’s own glass of water.

next chapter in DOPUS' taxes

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/27/busi ... &smtyp=cur
calourie

Post by calourie »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tru ... 53761.html

Okay, Okay Trump has finally won me over. If they make me eat my food through a mask I'm done voting democrat ever again ! About as convincing a closing argument as I've ever heard. Go Trump, you da man ! MAGA, MAGA, MAGA !
old salt

Post by old salt »

What foreign leader & spouse wouldn't prefer to be wined & dined at Camp David or the White House over Mar a Lago ? :lol:

...or W's ranch ?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

calourie wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:54 am https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tru ... 53761.html

Okay, Okay Trump has finally won me over. If they make me eat my food through a mask I'm done voting democrat ever again ! About as convincing a closing argument as I've ever heard. Go Trump, you da man ! MAGA, MAGA, MAGA !
:lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:26 am 45 Self-Evident Truths About Donald Trump

And yet in spite of the pathology he still has supporters...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:42 am
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:26 am 45 Self-Evident Truths About Donald Trump

And yet in spite of the pathology he still has supporters...
Yes, this is my reaction to all of these sorts of pieces on Trump: 60,000,000 or more are still, in the face of all of this, going to vote for him. I think it might be interesting (not to say, useful) to put his supporters in buckets to understand a little about why anyone can still support a plainly corrupt, authoritarian-precursor. E.g., Genuine Cultists; Evangelicals and Single Issue Anti-Choice Voters; Tax Me the Least and I'll Vote for You Voters; Don't Care, Just Wanna Beat on "The Libs" Voters; etc....
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:47 amYes, this is my reaction to all of these sorts of pieces on Trump: 60,000,000 or more are still, in the face of all of this, going to vote for him. I think it might be interesting (not to say, useful) to put his supporters in buckets to understand a little about why anyone can still support a plainly corrupt, authoritarian-precursor. E.g., Genuine Cultists; Evangelicals and Single Issue Anti-Choice Voters; Tax Me the Least and I'll Vote for You Voters; Don't Care, Just Wanna Beat on "The Libs" Voters; etc....
With nary a anachronistic "republican moderate" among them...would pulling the lever for Orange Cheeto instantly cancel out ANY claim to be centrist or moderate?

holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:12 am What foreign leader & spouse wouldn't prefer to be wined & dined at Camp David or the White House over Mar a Lago ? :lol:

...or W's ranch ?
I would imagine most. Especially to avoid a conflict of interest. And to not get sick or hurt. ;)

FOX News: Warm milk and missing concrete: Mar-a-Lago cited for food violations, safety issues

Over the past three years, records show the club has been cited 78 times for violations that included chefs handling food without washing their hands, dirty cutting boards, a slicer "soiled with old food debris" and an "accumulation of black/green mold-like substance" in the ice machine.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:41 am
old salt wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:12 am What foreign leader & spouse wouldn't prefer to be wined & dined at Camp David or the White House over Mar a Lago ? :lol:

...or W's ranch ?
I would imagine most. Especially to avoid a conflict of interest. And to not get sick or hurt. ;)

FOX News: Warm milk and missing concrete: Mar-a-Lago cited for food violations, safety issues

Over the past three years, records show the club has been cited 78 times for violations that included chefs handling food without washing their hands, dirty cutting boards, a slicer "soiled with old food debris" and an "accumulation of black/green mold-like substance" in the ice machine.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”