SCOTUS

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: SCOTUS

Post by kramerica.inc »

njbill wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:02 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:45 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:28 am Repeat offenders?

You are part of the problem. Not as big a part as those who call 18-year-old girls who decide to have an abortion murderers, but part nonetheless.
Unfortunately, he's right. Its easier (and cheaper) to use abortion as birth control for many women, including the drug addicts, uneducated etc., rather than fix the real problem of drug addiction or edicating them. Those are the repeat offenders. Plentiful abortions is the left's "easy button" solution.
Spare me your elitist garbage.
So you deny there are repeat offenders or abortions are used as contraception? Where did the 600,000+ performed in the US last year come from? All rapes and incest?

Take a gander:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortio ... ted_States

230k Dead from Corona is a tragedy. What do you call those numbers above?

Sounds like you could actually use a little humanity. Callousness over the human condition is a bad thing, counselor. My guess is I indeed hit a nerve. Sorry. Wishing you some peace in your life.
njbill

Post by njbill »

ggait wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:44 pm So under that federal theory, could the gop led pa legislature enact election laws without getting the dem governor’s signature?

Even though pa laws require the gov to approve?

Crazy town.
Boy, I don’t think so. An act of the legislature does not become law until the governor signs it or they override his veto.

What has happened recently is that the legislature and the governor have been at a stalemate. The legislature has proposed that ballots be processed three days ahead of time and that dropboxes be outlawed. The governor has consistently refused to agree to the dropbox proposal so no new legislation has been enacted.

There has been no talk whatsoever of the legislature passing an act outlawing drop boxes.

The nightmare scenario is that the legislature tries to appoint their own set of electors, contrary to the electors elected pursuant to the law currently in place, and then tries to have that set vote in the electoral college. I would hope that wouldn’t work.
njbill

Post by njbill »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:54 am why do you guys think it's crazy? you're attorneys.

when a state court can view something as "necessary" for fair elections and invoke natural disaster clauses (which is one of a gagillion outs written in, probably), anything is in play. just make sure you have the correct party letter by your name when the music stops.
It’s crazy because in the normal world the US Supreme Court has no basis for deciding an issue of state law.

Depending on whose ox is being gored, you could say the state Supreme Court is out of bounds or the US Supreme Court is.

Looks like the Pennsylvania constitutional provision in play here was approved by the legislature. Seems to me that provides a stronger argument that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court is acting properly and within the authority granted by the legislature.
njbill

Post by njbill »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:19 am

You are part of the problem. Not as big a part as those who call 18-year-old girls who decide to have an abortion murderers, but part nonetheless.
Unfortunately, he's right. Its easier (and cheaper) to use abortion as birth control for many women, including the drug addicts, uneducated etc., rather than fix the real problem of drug addiction or edicating them. Those are the repeat offenders. Plentiful abortions is the left's "easy button" solution.
So you deny there are repeat offenders or abortions are used as contraception? Where did the 600,000+ performed in the US last year come from? All rapes and incest?

Take a gander:

Sounds like you could actually use a little humanity. Callousness over the human condition is a bad thing, counselor. My guess is I indeed hit a nerve. Sorry. Wishing you some peace in your life.
I object to your phrase “repeat offenders.” Nobody offended anything. You know that. You are simply trying to pick a fight. Well, you’ll get one from me. Congratulations.

I don’t call an abortion a tragedy. That you do demonstrates your lack of understanding of the law, morality, and societal norms.

The fact that I object to you calling 16 or 18-year-old girls murderers doesn’t make me callous.

It never ceases to amaze me how holier than thou types like you get off telling strangers what they should do with their bodies and lives.

If you have a few minutes, sit down and I’ll tell you what you should do with your life. You won’t be happy with what I tell you to do. I guarantee you.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:01 am

Take a gander:

I object to your phrase “repeat offenders.” Nobody offended anything. You know that. You are simply trying to pick a fight. Well, you’ll get one from me. Congratulations.

I don’t call an abortion a tragedy. That you do demonstrates your lack of understanding of the law, morality, and societal norms.

The fact that I object to you calling 16 or 18-year-old girls murderers doesn’t make me callous.

It never ceases to amaze me how holier than thou types like you get off telling strangers what they should do with their bodies and lives.

If you have a few minutes, sit down and I’ll tell you what you should do with your life. You won’t be happy with what I tell you to do. I guarantee you.
Two things going on here. (i)bill is fighting over the word 'offender', so lets call it repeated abortions..since I originally used the term.

(ii) bill, is your argument that a fetus is not a life until when ???
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Take a gander:

Would you prefer the term “repeat aborter?”

I didn’t call anyone a murderer.

What do you call losing 600,000k+ potential lives each year? If you don’t see the tragedy in snuffing out (Ooops, better not get too flowery) aborting 600,000k+ lives each year, it’s not me that doesn’t understand morality or societal norms.

So by all means, put me in my place. Give me a talking to. Tell me how your position is the moral high ground.

:lol:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Religious culture warriors abort over a million "lives" every time they rub one off peeking at pictures of Ivanka. Take your "moral high ground" back to the holy warrior club where it thrives...the only real place it lives in 2020...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:25 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:23 pm
Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:14 pm
CU77 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:10 pm I took a look at the Kavanaugh opinion. Is he really this big of an idiot? How on earth did he get this far?

As a term paper in any decent undergrad "Law and society" class, that opinion would get a C minus.
Yes, he's really THAT big an idiot. So is the idiot who appointed him and all those in the Senate who voted for him when there were plenty of other jurists available and qualified who weren't and aren't idiots.
Too bad he sits on the SCOTUS and you are sitting in the peanut gallery venting your opinion. :D Shout louder, maybe somebody will hear you.
The Vermont SoS certainly heard - He just formally requested that Keganaugh put down his beer and correct his official written opinion that incorrectly described VT as not having changed their election procedures for 2020 because of COVID. Keg wouldn't find a spot in the peanut gallery. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/VermontSOS/status/1 ... 3728823296
Hard for Kav to hear the whining from all the way down in the peanut gallery. Maybe they were crunching on all those goober shells. :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:46 am bill, is your argument that a fetus is not a life until when ???
Birth.

As a believer in the law, I accept the legal decisions of the Supreme Court that restrict when an abortion is legal.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:40 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:46 am bill, is your argument that a fetus is not a life until when ???
Birth.

As a believer in the law, I accept the legal decisions of the Supreme Court that restrict when an abortion is legal.
According to todays liberal democrat legislatures even after its born.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:46 am

Take a gander:

Two things going on here. (i)bill is fighting over the word 'offender', so lets call it repeated abortions..since I originally used the term.

(ii) bill, is your argument that a fetus is not a life until when ???
Anyone getting an abortion, today and in the future, has to be given a V19 vaccine trail. And, if it's your third one. Off to the same camp in Utah that horrible folks want to send "others". You know whom......
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
njbill

Post by njbill »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:26 am Would you prefer the term “repeat aborter?”

I didn’t call anyone a murderer.

What do you call losing 600,000k+ potential lives each year? If you don’t see the tragedy in snuffing out (Ooops, better not get too flowery) aborting 600,000k+ lives each year, it’s not me that doesn’t understand morality or societal norms.

So by all means, put me in my place. Give me a talking to. Tell me how your position is the moral high ground.

How about you just mind your own business and keep phrases like that out of your mouth altogether?

Yeah, you did. If you are backing off on that position, then maybe that’s progress. Maybe there is some hope for you.

Abortions aren’t tragedies even if your twisted mind somehow thinks they are. If you want to talk about tragedies, if you had your way and abortions were illegal, how many of those women would’ve died in back alley abortions? Now those would be tragedies. You would probably call them justifiable deaths. They got what they deserved.

Trying to impose your own view of “morality” on someone you don’t even know is about as amoral as it gets. I really think you need to look in the mirror.

You sit back in your easy chair and tell people you don’t know what they should do with their lives. How many kids have you adopted? How many have you provided financial support to? Zero.

So you want me to give you a talking to? Be careful what you wish for. You like to tell other people what to do. So let me tell you what to do. Leave my country. Go live in a country where abortion is illegal. How do you like dem apples? :lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So it’s back to the back alley abortion trope? :roll:

Despite me suggesting there could be legal abortions for those rape/incest mother’s health reasons?

My wife and I have fostered children and have been active in the Baltimore City BBBS program for 10+ years. And I annually sponsor at St. Ignatius Academy and Christo Rey. So your insights, like your morality are...quite off.

Sorry. You can throw a tizzy all you want. I’m gonna call a spade a spade. Abortions ARE tragedies. On a myriad of levels. From the situations that led to them, all the way up to the act itself, and to people like you performing mental gymnastics and championing open access to them.

But I’m not surprised that a man who makes his living parsing words to find legality and loopholes and exceptions in the world is trying to twist aborting a fetus into a good or moral act.

Carry on, Bill.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:43 am
njbill wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:40 am
Birth.

According to todays liberal democrat legislatures even after its born.
Bill believes that baby has no rights until it takes its first breath.

But he won’t mention the Unborn Victims of Violence Act.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yep. Obviously you know that is the likely effect if your views became law.

Sure, you set the law. You tell us what is legal and illegal. Further evidence of your main problem, which is that you want to tell others what to do.

If what you say is true, then good for you. How many did you adopt?

Now who is twisting words? I never said any such thing.

Get off your high horse and stop your moralizing. You’ve got no right whatsoever to ascribe a moral or value judgment to a woman who has an abortion.

If you get a woman pregnant and if you and she decide to have and keep the baby, that’s your decision to make. But you need to butt out of other peoples’ lives and stop telling them what decisions they should make.

Don’t like it when I tell you what decision you should make, do you?
njbill

Post by njbill »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:05 pm Bill believes that baby has no rights until it takes its first breath.

No legal rights separate from the mother until birth. That’s right.

Yep, that’s the law of the land. I disagree with it. Piece of partisan legislation. Ill advised and unnecessary. Existing laws covered any “harm” purportedly covered by the legislation.
DMac

Post by DMac »

More accurately, kram, abortions are a tragedy IN YOUR OPINION. They are an absolute blessing for many. Remove God from the discussion, seems as if a lot who profess to be good little God followers are able to do that when faced with the decision. Either that or they just like throwing the first stone and/or live in glass houses. Abortions aint going away regardless of how you feel about them.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I’m not making any law. We were having a discussion about abortion compromises. I proposed eliminating it as an elective surgery and adding education and contraception.

You didn’t budge and still want open abortion access to all.

So I’ve got plenty of right to call it as I see it. Most women take their decision to abort to the grave with them, telling no one.

If abortions weren’t tragedies, or were “blessings” people would probably celebrate them. But we haven’t seen too many “abortion announcements” floating around.

But perhaps that’s the next new wave after this gender reveal balloon fad goes away...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:21 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:05 pm Bill believes that baby has no rights until it takes its first breath.

No legal rights separate from the mother until birth. That’s right.

Yep, that’s the law of the land. I disagree with it. Piece of partisan legislation. Ill advised and unnecessary. Existing laws covered any “harm” purportedly covered by the legislation.
So a “cafeteria” lawyer you are? Picking and choosing what you think are good laws? Gotcha. Convenient for this discussion too!

Return to “POLITICS”