Is a 2021 season going to happen?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Is a 2021 season going to happen?

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

FMUBart wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:42 pm Don't waste anymore of your time, Joe...some people would argue with a sign post! Many of us share your opinion, be smart, but this is a very contagious virus that is deadly to all but a small percentage. Stay safe and be well!
Who has said otherwise?
“I wish you would!”
ProudPapa

Post by ProudPapa »

FMUBart wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:42 pm this is a very contagious virus that is deadly to all but a small percentage.
Nonsense. Simply not true.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

ProudPapa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:37 pm
FMUBart wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:42 pm this is a very contagious virus that is deadly to all but a small percentage.
What's not true about it??, back it up with some FACTS!! Is it nonsense because you can't comprehend it?

JoeMauer89!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:51 pm
What's not true about it??, back it up with some FACTS!! Is it nonsense because you can't comprehend it?

JoeMauer89!
firstly it looks like fmu phrased the conclusion wrong (the opposite of what he probably meant).

just to play devil's advocate here... nobody put up facts on either end. in this case, i'm going to guess it's a matter of perspective for general statements that have specifics and %ages at either end of a debate on it.
smoova

Post by smoova »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:51 pm

JoeMauer89!
This has got to be the funniest exchange I have seen on the internet this month!
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Because when you read it quickly, you read what FMUBart meant, not what he wrote.
You can fill in the blanks.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

44WeWantMore wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:31 pm Because when you read it quickly, you read what FMUBart meant, not what he wrote.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Tip of the cap for taking the time to do that. Areppcite taht! :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

44WeWantMore wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:31 pm Because when you read it quickly, you read what FMUBart meant, not what he wrote.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You made my day! I read it the way he "intended" to write it. I guess you could say I'm just so used have to use a little a common sense I did it intuitively!!

JoeMauer89!
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:46 pm
FMUBart wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:42 pm Don't waste anymore of your time, Joe...some people would argue with a sign post! Many of us share your opinion, be smart, but this is a very contagious virus that is deadly to all but a small percentage. Stay safe and be well!
Who has said otherwise?
My bad :lol: should have typed, "...contagious virus that is NOT deadly to all but a VERY small percentage..." Sorry for the confusion!!

When fear takes over the brain, everything else is muted...now that is a FACT!!
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

Most of the people I know, it has been a inconvenience and sacrifice but nothing that can’t be overcome.
[/quote]

Wow ... how lucky you and your circle of friends are. I guess you don’t know any small business owners, local restauranteurs, bartenders or waitresses ... Or photographers, florists, musicians etc who depend on weddings, graduations, proms and such to make a living.
Guess you and your friends I don’t know any small businessmen who had the misfortune of trying to start up a business in the beginning of this year, took out lines of credit, absorbed significant upfront costs and the like only to not be able to open their businesses for the past six months, and lose everything they have saved and worked for their whole life ... guess you and your friends don’t know any persons who have been laid off, lost their jobs and consequently not been able to pay their rent and other bills. Geez, you really are lucky.
Tell me, where is this land of the entitled and privileged? I would like to move there, if y’all would take me in, of course ...
Typical Lax Dad

Dr. Pretorious wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:57 am Most of the people I know, it has been a inconvenience and sacrifice but nothing that can’t be overcome.
Wow ... how lucky you and your circle of friends are. I guess you don’t know any small business owners, local restauranteurs, bartenders or waitresses ... Or photographers, florists, musicians etc who depend on weddings, graduations, proms and such to make a living.
Guess you and your friends I don’t know any small businessmen who had the misfortune of trying to start up a business in the beginning of this year, took out lines of credit, absorbed significant upfront costs and the like only to not be able to open their businesses for the past six months, and lose everything they have saved and worked for their whole life ... guess you and your friends don’t know any persons who have been laid off, lost their jobs and consequently not been able to pay their rent and other bills. Geez, you really are lucky.
Tell me, where is this land of the entitled and privileged? I would like to move there, if y’all would take me in, of course ...
[/quote]

I have said those markets will be disproportionately impacted. Those are public venues / or public facing activities. What is the alternative? Ignore the virus? Again, put on a mask, keep your distance from other people and wash your hands. Listening to a call right on the impact covid has had on various companies. We were tracking it weekly......prior to this second wave, the worse was behind us and not as bad as predicted. I have a client that has not seen $1 of revenue since the second week of March.......Actually going to be fine...... so long as they start back up next June. What do you think we should do about bars and restaurants? I live a simple life. A restaurant and a bar are luxuries in my mind.

Good news BTW: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/28/europe/c ... index.html
“I wish you would!”
CTlaxfan1

Post by CTlaxfan1 »

Very interesting and very cool. Thanks for sharing!!
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:36 am
Dr. Pretorious wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:57 am Most of the people I know, it has been a inconvenience and sacrifice but nothing that can’t be overcome.
I have said those markets will be disproportionately impacted. Those are public venues / or public facing activities. What is the alternative? Ignore the virus? Again, put on a mask, keep your distance from other people and wash your hands. Listening to a call right on the impact covid has had on various companies. We were tracking it weekly......prior to this second wave, the worse was behind us and not as bad as predicted. I have a client that has not seen $1 of revenue since the second week of March.......Actually going to be fine...... so long as they start back up next June. What do you think we should do about bars and restaurants? I live a simple life. A restaurant and a bar are luxuries in my mind.

[/quote]

That CNN headline is classic!! Infections are rising, but deaths are not...doesn't mean the virus is less deadly, what?? Then is the virus MORE deadly? HAHA
Typical Lax Dad

FMUBart wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:48 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:36 am

That CNN headline is classic!! Infections are rising, but deaths are not...doesn't mean the virus is less deadly, what?? Then is the virus MORE deadly? HAHA
[/quote]

I read more than headlines. I recommend it.
“I wish you would!”
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

It's CNN, I'll take a pass...
Typical Lax Dad

FMUBart wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:29 pm It's CNN, I'll take a pass...
A guy on the internet is definitely more reliable.
“I wish you would!”
ProudPapa

Post by ProudPapa »

FMUBart wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:29 pm CNN
CNN. Hahahahaha!
Typical Lax Dad

ProudPapa wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:13 pm
CNN. Hahahahaha!
Here you go:

https://www.wcvb.com/article/why-deaths ... s/34506184#

May be good news. Let’s hope we catch a break.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:54 pm
CNN. Hahahahaha!
Here you go:

thanks. much better.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:54 pm
CNN. Hahahahaha!
Here you go:

thanks. much better.
Welcome to the year 2020 as we devolve. Darwin had it backwards it seems.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”