2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:59 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:34 pm
The four Justices who voted to take the case are pushing the country towards court packing. The US Supreme Court has zero basis to decide Pennsylvania state law.
On what basis would SCOTUS have standing to consider this?

Elections are run via the states under state law. So the PA Supreme Court should have the final say on this.

If PA law says putting a ballot in the US Mail on election day counts as a vote, then its a vote. If PA law says you can use a drop box, then that's a vote too. PA can make its own rules and those rules don't have to be the same as other states.
Judicial activism is happening right under our eyes here. SC does really run the danger of getting so extreme that expanding the court will actually become popular with a lot of people.
You could say the same thing about most of the FLP folks that reside in NYS. So what is the point? Is it "bad" in one state and "good' in another? :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

The four Justices who voted to take the case are pushing the country towards court packing. The US Supreme Court has zero basis to decide Pennsylvania state law.

Elections are run via the states under state law. So the PA Supreme Court should have the final say on this.

If PA law says putting a ballot in the US Mail on election day counts as a vote, then its a vote. If PA law says you can use a drop box, then that's a vote too. PA can make its own rules and those rules don't have to be the same as other states.
pa has been making new state laws on the fly for a year now. i have no idea whether the law as written had to be interpreted or was interpreted diff than written. nothing would surprise me at this point. but if pa supremes can do it, then there has to be a bucks stopping somewhere. pun intended.

pa was always going to be a cluster. nothing new here, other than precedent maybe. election month for the forseeable future in many locales.

i'm going to wait on kamala joe's position on fracking before i call the state one way or the other.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Madison and other facts about the inception of the Electoral College

"Many Americans seem to be confused about the Electoral College. To understand its purpose, one should read The Federalist Papers written by John Jay, Alexander Hamilton and James Madison. The U.S. Constitution had to be argued for to get it ratified by the 13 states, and that is what The Federalist Papers did.

The Founding Fathers created a constitutional republic, and they made a series of compromises to make it work. One was the Electoral College, designed to have independent electors choose the president of the United States. Their biggest consideration was the quality of the candidate and his popular vote. However, the Founding Fathers did not envision the development of the “winner-take-all system” that evolved in the next 50 years. Whoever gets the majority of vote in each state receives “all the electoral votes” of the state.

The winner-take-all system is not in the U.S. Constitution. Therefore it is quite possible to eliminate it without changing the U.S. Constitution. It is up to the states. Maine and Nebraska do not use it and have a system based on congressional districts. In the recent election in Maine, Hillary Clinton received three electoral votes and Donald Trump received one. Some argue that the real purpose of the Electoral College is to weaken the influence of large urban areas such as California and New York.

That is not true. James Madison clearly states that the biggest worry for the new republic was the threat of factions (political parties or interest groups) that would choose directly an unqualified person. Even today, in theory, electors in December can independently cast their vote. In fact, the electors are pawns of the political parties.

The other reason for the Electoral College came about from the three-fifths compromise. The southern states were concerned about their lack of representation in the new Congress and also the election of the president. A compromise that allowed them to count three-fifths of slaves as people was made so that they would have more representation.

The issue was not urban vs. rural representation, but large vs. small states. The Great Compromise settled that issue with allowing each state to have two senators and the House of Representatives to be based on the population of the states. What has evolved now is the current system that does not allow “one man (or woman) one vote.” None of the people in the great majority of our states have their vote cast in December if they voted for the Democratic candidate. That person did receive as many as 2 million more votes than her opponent. This is not majority rule, one of the great principles in the U.S. Constitution.

It is interesting that James Madison, in 1827, wrote a letter complaining about the “winner-take-all” system that prevented Andrew Jackson from being elected president in 1824. Americans should have this debate over the current system, and the best way to have an intelligent debate is improve civic education in the areas of history, government and economics."

Amen to that last line....and you do not need an amendment to get ride of winner take all electoral vote elections either.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:35 pm

pa has been making new state laws on the fly for a year now. i have no idea whether the law as written had to be interpreted or was interpreted diff than written. nothing would surprise me at this point. but if pa supremes can do it, then there has to be a bucks stopping somewhere. pun intended.

pa was always going to be a cluster. nothing new here, other than precedent maybe. election month for the forseeable future in many locales.

i'm going to wait on kamala joe's position on fracking before i call the state one way or the other.
On the last, we already have the answer, no new permits. Existing continues.
I don't think there are any new permits in the offing in PA, so if anything that benefits the price coming out of the ground from PA.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:06 pm

I don't think there are any new permits in the offing in PA, so if anything that benefits the price coming out of the ground from PA.
there are still 2 weeks left. or 3.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Do you think Biden/Harris will change their minds?
Maybe I'm just not deciphering a joke here...?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

oops, Trumpy threw a hissy fit with 60 Minutes.. https://www.cnn.com

Trump abruptly ends '60 Minutes' interview before taping joint appearance with Pence
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:26 pm Is a show called queer eye for the strait guy also not insulting to gay people? Everybody chuckles about their antics in the land of FLP tv world. Since you ask my wife works in a medical field the serves many many folks in the gay and transgender community. You may be surprised at how many of them poke fun at themselves. If you are an arrogant, wound up too tight FLP type you will never see the humor we all see in ourselves regardless of ones sexual preference. What do you think the entire premise of a show called queer eye for the strait guy was all about to begin with? :roll:
Ohhh. There's a TV show that makes light of gays, your wife has some gay patients, and sometimes gays make fun of themselves. Why didn't you say that? Now your joke is hilarious!
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:11 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Do you think Biden/Harris will change their minds?
Maybe I'm just not deciphering a joke here...?
point is their positions plural on fracking may have a greater impact on which way pa goes than non-postmarked mail ins.
what do the people believe?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Anybody in Pennsylvania who is involved in fracking is probably already voting for Trump so Joe’s position is immaterial.

Anyone who is against fracking is voting for Joe, regardless of how they interpret his position.

Remains to be seen the impact of yesterday’s Supreme Court decision. My guess is that Joe will win by a comfortable enough margin that the late arriving ballots (some of which will be for Trump) won’t tip the balance.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:39 pm Anybody in Pennsylvania who is involved in fracking is probably already voting for Trump so Joe’s position is immaterial.

Anyone who is against fracking is voting for Joe, regardless of how they interpret his position.

Remains to be seen the impact of yesterday’s Supreme Court decision. My guess is that Joe will win by a comfortable enough margin that the late arriving ballots (some of which will be for Trump) won’t tip the balance.
if it were only that simple. why would joe and kamala need to swing their positions? bc it's not that simple, in pa or other places.

motivation to turn out, for one. people on the margins. people in the community. guess we'll see. i understand trump is behind in the polls.

all..
imo.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:46 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:39 pm Anybody in Pennsylvania who is involved in fracking is probably already voting for Trump so Joe’s position is immaterial.

if it were only that simple. why would joe and kamala need to swing their positions? bc it's not that simple, in pa or other places.

motivation to turn out, for one. people on the margins. people in the community. guess we'll see. i understand trump is behind in the polls.

all..
imo.
Last couple of days of poll releases for PA (from 538.com):

Pollster/Rating/Sample Size/Type/Biden%/Trump%/Net

Today
Rasmussen C+ 800 LV Biden 50 Trump 47 Biden +3

Yesterday
Ipsos B- 653 LV Biden 49 Trump 45 Biden +4
SurveyMonkey D- 8532 LV Biden 53 Trump 46 Biden +7
Trafalgar C- 1041 LV Biden 48 Trump 46 (Jorgensen 3) Biden +2
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:53 pm

all..
imo.
Last couple of days of poll releases for PA (from 538.com):

Pollster/Rating/Sample Size/Type/Biden%/Trump%/Net

Today
Rasmussen C+ 800 LV Biden 50 Trump 47 Biden +3

Yesterday
Ipsos B- 653 LV Biden 49 Trump 45 Biden +4
SurveyMonkey D- 8532 LV Biden 53 Trump 46 Biden +7
Trafalgar C- 1041 LV Biden 48 Trump 46 (Jorgensen 3) Biden +2
probably helps joe those green party clowns are off the ballot. faxed affidavits. what kind of election do they think this is?
https://apnews.com/article/election-202 ... 804ce3a5f8
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Everyone remember this FUBAR by IMPOTUS o d, when World Leaders realized IMPOTUS od signed in their spots?

https://twitter.com/PolitelyWest/status ... 0234057729
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Shows the state of the r party that this is the best candidate that they have to offer us voters in 2020:

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
I am pleased to inform you that, for the sake of accuracy in reporting, I am considering posting my interview with Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes, PRIOR TO AIRTIME! This will be done so that everybody can get a glimpse of what a FAKE and BIASED interview is all about...
6:09 PM · Oct 20, 2020
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU88 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:22 pm Shows the state of the r party that this is the best candidate that they have to offer us voters in 2020:

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
I am pleased to inform you that, for the sake of accuracy in reporting, I am considering posting my interview with Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes, PRIOR TO AIRTIME! This will be done so that everybody can get a glimpse of what a FAKE and BIASED interview is all about...
6:09 PM · Oct 20, 2020
seems like he's losing it a little bit. prolly flipping about polls. smh.

joe's basement strategy, which i didn't think he could hold thru october, is looking better and better.

what's on the table for this debate coming up? donald knocking over a couple plexiglass to get at joe?

joe eff-bombing him?

get your picks in.
njbill

Post by njbill »

all..
imo.
KH changed hers to line up with Joe. Joe didn’t change his.

I’m not suggesting that fracking is unimportant to a certain portion of the PA electorate. It is. What I am saying is that frackers are Trumpists. Anti-frackers are for Biden. Sure, it is possible that that issue alone might motivate somebody to vote who otherwise would have stayed home, but I suspect those numbers are very small. And that they won’t be enough to decide the election.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Bloomberg knocks Trump back on his heels in Florida

The former New York City mayor’s spending is forcing the president to dig deep in the key swing state and enabling the Biden campaign to spend ad dollars elsewhere.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/2 ... ing-430236
Billionaire Michael Bloomberg’s $100 million investment in Florida to defeat Donald Trump is recasting the presidential contest in the president’s must-win state, forcing his campaign to spend big to shore up his position and freeing up Democratic cash to expand the electoral map elsewhere.

Bloomberg’s massive advertising and ground-game spending, which began roughly a month ago, has thrown Trump into a defensive crouch across the arc of Sunbelt states. As a result, the president‘s campaign has scaled back its TV ad buys in crucial Northern swing states like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan — a vacuum being filled by a constellation of outside political groups backing Joe Biden.

“It’s forced the Trump campaign to retrench in Florida. You can see it in the spending habits, in television and digital. They’re investing more at the expense of places they need to win,” said Steve Schale, who leads the pro-Biden Unite the Country super PAC.

“Basically, Trump has now been committed to the equivalent of land war in Asia by having to spend so much of his money in Florida, a state he has to win to get to 270 Electoral College votes,” Schale said. “And as a result, he doesn’t have the resources to compete everywhere he would like.”

Schale said his group and the other major Democratic super PAC, Priorities USA, have been able to focus their dollars in other parts of the country, particularly the Upper Midwest. Democratic super PACs, meanwhile, have been able to focus more attention on Arizona, North Carolina and Georgia — once-reliably red states where the president has also had to commit additional resources for the past month, in addition to Florida.

Florida, the largest and most-expensive swing state, has 10 media markets and is so competitive that outside groups and the presidential campaigns have spent and reserved a record $263 million on TV ads from June through Election Day, according to data compiled by the media tracking firm

Since the beginning of September, Trump has added more than $6 million to his total in ad spending in Florida, according to Advertising Analytics. During that same period of time, with Democrats freed up to attack elsewhere, the Trump campaign has also been forced to plow more than $7 million in ad spending into Georgia — a state he was once expected to win easily — and nearly $6 million in Arizona, another state he won in 2016.

Trump also decreased planned spending by nearly $13 million in Ohio, more than $6 million in Minnesota and nearly $3 million in Wisconsin, reducing his advertising footprint in the region.

David Johnson, former Florida GOP executive director, said the Bloomberg money has had a clear effect on forcing Trump to withdraw to his core states, instead of competing across a wider national map.

“This is not your 2016 election, so abso-freaking-lutley the Trump team knows they have to maintain something closer to parity in [gross rating] points and spots in the home stretch,” Johnson said. “You best not be massively outspent in Florida the last two weeks and expect to perform well on Election Day, where Republicans have to turnout in vastly larger numbers to win.”

In Pennsylvania, former Republican Congressman Phil English said Trump’s campaign has a clear advantage on the ground, where the GOP spent all summer organizing and knocking on doors. But on TV, English said, there’s a huge disparity in the area he once represented, Erie County, one of the bellwethers of the swing state.

“The Democrats are literally flooding everything with anti-Trump and pro-Biden advertising. It’s a concern,” English said. “We’re definitely seeing seniors reacting to the coronavirus here, and the steady messaging from Democrats over how the Trump administration has handled coronavirus has moved a lot of people.”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:42 pm

all..
imo.
KH changed hers to line up with Joe. Joe didn’t change his.

I’m not suggesting that fracking is unimportant to a certain portion of the PA electorate. It is. What I am saying is that frackers are Trumpists. Anti-frackers are for Biden. Sure, it is possible that that issue alone might motivate somebody to vote who otherwise would have stayed home, but I suspect those numbers are very small. And that they won’t be enough to decide the election.
tomato, tomato. and joe had quite a number of quotes that suggest otherwise. imo.

but i digress... yahoo has a diff take on the ruling...
https://news.yahoo.com/scotus-mail-voti ... 25205.html

democrats may never win another national election without packing the court. doesn't seem fair. presumably force everyone to vote red. pressure is on joe.

Return to “POLITICS”