Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by kramerica.inc »

Equivalence isn't the goal.

Awareness of what we're buying is the goal.

And perhaps asking these parties to do better. Do you agree with me that the DNC did well 2 swings ago with Obama?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:38 am Equivalence isn't the goal.

Awareness of what we're buying is the goal.

And perhaps asking these parties to do better.
Awareness that the Biden family has a member who they love who has been plagued by substance abuse and much that comes with such, that the father has seen immense tragedy in his life?

Yup, be aware.

As to Obama, yes, class guy. I thought W was as well.
So were McCain and Romney, Gore and Kerry.

Biden is much better than you seem to think.
Not sure any of the others has faced the levels of tragedy and personal challenges in his life than has Biden.
McCain faced a different sort of immense challenge and I'm not really comparing those. You get my point, hopefully.

But of course, Biden, nor any of the others was 'perfect' in all dimensions.

Trump is all alone.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

You want us to buy AGAIN the travesty of the Trump family with all their "issues".

Your "concerns" and "issues" with this whole Biden Family thing simply have no credibility. You can have an opinion, but What the heck are you going on about the Biden's personal issues for? Utter nonsense. Desperate is right.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Good spin.

But again, trying to pin this as an equivalence and ignoring the pile of excrement that Biden is professionally, politically and personally, is putting your head in the sand too.

So he's got a son with drug addiction- But Joe and Jill "approve of his bad (drug addled?) decisions?"
Ignoring Joe's lousy professional track record doesn't help. Social justice reformers- ignoring Biden's OPENLY outright racist comments for 40 years and his Crime bill that was directly responsible for the incarceration of thousands of black men. Makes sense?
He's an actual liar about he simplest of things. He's a weak man morally, ethically and mentally- And he can be manipulated. It's why the DNC loves him... Kamala 2021
But mentioning that Biden is ALL of those things too just gets met with "BUT TRUMP!" response.

:roll:

The Left can do better. They just refuse to, for some reason.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/19/ ... nka-trump/

"A recent Senate committee report entitled “Hunter Biden, Burisma, and Corruption: The Impact on US Government Policy and Related Concerns” contains this statement: “The extent to which Hunter Biden’s role on Burisma’s board affected US policy toward Ukraine is not clear.”

Translation: Despite their best efforts, Senate Republicans could find no evidence that Hunter Biden’s role on the board of a Ukrainian energy company directly affected US policy toward Ukraine. If Senate Republicans had uncovered such evidence, they would deliver it, gift-wrapped, to Sean Hannity, all in the interest of tainting former vice president Joe Biden. But they could not. So, denied an official smoking gun, President Trump’s political allies turned to the smoke of a New York Post story so dubious that the staff reporter who wrote much of it refused to put his name on it, The New York Times reported.

Trump’s strategy is clear. His own children are brazenly trading on the Trump family name to advance the Trump Organization’s business interests. Changing the subject to “What about Hunter Biden?” becomes a way to project the corruption spotlight onto the Bidens and away from the Trumps. Plus, if the final weeks of the campaign are all about Hunter Biden, that allows Trump to distract from what are the real issues: Trump’s failed leadership, especially regarding the coronavirus pandemic; Trump’s ongoing commitment to dividing the country by race and political ideology, rather than trying to unite it; and Trump’s utter lack of character, integrity, and honesty.

The Hunter Biden-Burisma story isn’t pretty. The Senate committee report said the work that Hunter Biden did in Ukraine, for which he was paid $50,000 a month, created a conflict of interest when his father, as vice president, was the public face of the Obama administration’s handling of Ukraine. Hunter Biden — who clearly has had challenges in life — “cashed in” on his father’s name, the report said, raising concerns from at least two Obama administration officials. Still, the report found no clear connection between his role with Burisma and US policy with Ukraine. The New York Post is trying to establish one, with its story alleging that Hunter Biden helped arrange a 2015 meeting between a Burisma executive and his father. The Biden campaign says no meeting, as alleged by the Post, took place.

At least Joe Biden acknowledges it was a mistake for his son to join the Burisma board and is pledging that no family members will have any involvement with any foreign government if he’s elected president. Trump, meanwhile, calls the Bidens “an organized crime family,” yet takes no responsibility for the conflicts of interest corrupting his own presidency.

“Can you imagine if my kids did what this guy Hunter has done,” Trump said at a campaign rally in Florida. “Ivanka! Oh my beautiful, my wonderful Ivanka. She’s a good kid. Can you imagine? "

We can do more than imagine. According to Forbes, the Chinese government has granted 41 trademarks to companies linked to Trump’s daughter. And “the trademarks she applied for after her father became president reportedly got approved roughly 40 percent faster than those she requested before her father’s victory in the 2016 election,” Forbes reported.

Then there are the millions of dollars taken in by Trump properties around the world from people trying to “curry favor” with the president, as The New York Times put it. A Times investigation found “over 200 companies, special-interest groups and foreign governments that patronized Mr. Trump’s properties while reaping benefits from him and his administration.” It all amounts to ”a system of direct presidential influence-peddling unrivaled in modern American politics,” the Times said.

Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, has also benefitted from Trump’s presidency. As the Times has reported, companies owned by the Kushner family got millions in loans after a White House meeting with Kushner. Everyone involved denies any impropriety, but the appearance of conflict is there.

Those examples are just the tip of the Trump corruption iceberg, which sinks deep into the Trump swamp. Voters are smart enough to see that and won’t be distracted by Hunter Biden — right?
"

But Rudy?
njbill

Post by njbill »

RedFromMI wrote: Billy Carter
I lived in DC when Jimmy was president. Got it in my head one time to go get me some Billy Beer. Bad idea. It should have been my first clue when I had to go to several liquor stores before I found one selling the beer. Got a six pack. It gave swill a good name.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:59 pm I am not a trump supporter. I loath the guy. I have for many years. I enjoy playing the role of devil's advocate. I am surprised a wise counselor such as yourself didn't figure that out a long time ago. As devil's advocate I ask you what you think will happen if the FBI found something on the laptop and did not say anything. It is a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario for the FBI. Once again playing the role of devil's advocate. If anything comes out AFTER the election that makes Hunter look dirty do you thing a Biden DOJ will take a serious look at it? I don't but that is just a wild guess on my part. ;) BTW is there really such a thing as a legitimate journalist?
Yeah sure. If you say so.

I’m not the biggest Joe fan, but have said this entire cycle that I thought he had the best chance to beat Trump (still do), which is why I have been supporting him from the outset.

Never liked Harris. Still don’t. Might have been a good pick for VP for this election though. My concern about her is that if Joe doesn’t run in 2024, she might get the nomination. I don’t think she is electable, which is why I wanted Joe to pick an heir apparent who could win in 2024 if he decides not to run.

As I keep saying, the FBI should not say anything at all, whether it helps or hurts one candidate or the other.

In terms of Hunter, they certainly shouldn’t say anything if all they found was embarrassing stuff or things that showed he lined his pocket. Hunter is not running for president. The public does not have a right to know his private business. Now, I’m not naïve enough to think that his private business isn’t fodder for the gossip columns. Of course it is. Just like Don Jr.’s cocaine problem, the criminal investigation against Eric, etc.

Even if the FBI found evidence of criminal activity by Hunter, they still should not publicize it now. First of all, a long standing FBI rule is not to comment on investigations. If they indict someone, then it becomes public. Secondly, there is also a long time practice not to make any announcements or take any action that might influence an election. Obviously, if they were to announce a criminal investigation against Hunter, that could influence the election. They should not do that.

No one anywhere has suggested that Joe has engaged in any criminal conduct. So what is there for the FBI to comment on?

Be careful what you wish for. If there is any announcement by the FBI, it is going to be very damaging to Trump. I suspect Bill Barr has told Trump that already. You notice Trump and Rudy are not calling for the FBI to comment. Don’t you wonder why that is?
It is always interesting when I find myself engaged in a conversation with a lawyer. I don't mean to disparage you NJ but what is the primary function of any good lawyer? They make huge sums of money from having the ability to manipulate and twist the facts around to defend their client. I can't imagine you being different from any other mouth piece in that regard. That being said you were so focused in the wrong direction you missed my point entirely.
I will put it to you differently in the form of a hypothetical. The FBI determines after double barrel Joe has won the election that the laptop was legit. They determine they have found compromising information that suggests HBs old man knew about what his son was diddling around with in his dealings with the Ukraine. Remember counselor we are dealing in the land of hypothetical but possible. What the flip does POTUS double barrel do now? He can't just hand it off to the DOJ. The conflict of interest goes off the charts. I am playing the hypothetical game like this. Double barrel Joe has no other option than to hand the presidency over to Kammy Harris. He is backed into a corner by what his kid may have done.

I rest my case counselor, your turn at the witness. If the facts are true what does POTUS Biden do?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:55 am Good spin.

But again, trying to pin this as an equivalence and ignoring the pile of excrement that Biden is professionally, politically and personally, is putting your head in the sand too.

So he's got a son with drug addiction- But Joe and Jill "approve of his bad (drug addled?) decisions?"
Ignoring Joe's lousy professional track record doesn't help. Social justice reformers- ignoring Biden's OPENLY outright racist comments for 40 years and his Crime bill that was directly responsible for the incarceration of thousands of black men. Makes sense?
He's an actual liar about he simplest of things. He's a weak man morally, ethically and mentally- And he can be manipulated. It's why the DNC loves him... Kamala 2021
But mentioning that Biden is ALL of those things too just gets met with "BUT TRUMP!" response.

Agreed.
Live Free or Die!
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:44 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:59 pm I am not a trump supporter. I loath the guy. I have for many years. I enjoy playing the role of devil's advocate. I am surprised a wise counselor such as yourself didn't figure that out a long time ago. As devil's advocate I ask you what you think will happen if the FBI found something on the laptop and did not say anything. It is a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario for the FBI. Once again playing the role of devil's advocate. If anything comes out AFTER the election that makes Hunter look dirty do you thing a Biden DOJ will take a serious look at it? I don't but that is just a wild guess on my part. ;) BTW is there really such a thing as a legitimate journalist?

I’m not the biggest Joe fan, but have said this entire cycle that I thought he had the best chance to beat Trump (still do), which is why I have been supporting him from the outset.

Never liked Harris. Still don’t. Might have been a good pick for VP for this election though. My concern about her is that if Joe doesn’t run in 2024, she might get the nomination. I don’t think she is electable, which is why I wanted Joe to pick an heir apparent who could win in 2024 if he decides not to run.

As I keep saying, the FBI should not say anything at all, whether it helps or hurts one candidate or the other.

In terms of Hunter, they certainly shouldn’t say anything if all they found was embarrassing stuff or things that showed he lined his pocket. Hunter is not running for president. The public does not have a right to know his private business. Now, I’m not naïve enough to think that his private business isn’t fodder for the gossip columns. Of course it is. Just like Don Jr.’s cocaine problem, the criminal investigation against Eric, etc.

Even if the FBI found evidence of criminal activity by Hunter, they still should not publicize it now. First of all, a long standing FBI rule is not to comment on investigations. If they indict someone, then it becomes public. Secondly, there is also a long time practice not to make any announcements or take any action that might influence an election. Obviously, if they were to announce a criminal investigation against Hunter, that could influence the election. They should not do that.

No one anywhere has suggested that Joe has engaged in any criminal conduct. So what is there for the FBI to comment on?

Be careful what you wish for. If there is any announcement by the FBI, it is going to be very damaging to Trump. I suspect Bill Barr has told Trump that already. You notice Trump and Rudy are not calling for the FBI to comment. Don’t you wonder why that is?
It is always interesting when I find myself engaged in a conversation with a lawyer. I don't mean to disparage you NJ but what is the primary function of any good lawyer? They make huge sums of money from having the ability to manipulate and twist the facts around to defend their client. I can't imagine you being different from any other mouth piece in that regard. That being said you were so focused in the wrong direction you missed my point entirely.
I will put it to you differently in the form of a hypothetical. The FBI determines after double barrel Joe has won the election that the laptop was legit. They determine they have found compromising information that suggests HBs old man knew about what his son was diddling around with in his dealings with the Ukraine. Remember counselor we are dealing in the land of hypothetical but possible. What the flip does POTUS double barrel do now? He can't just hand it off to the DOJ. The conflict of interest goes off the charts. I am playing the hypothetical game like this. Double barrel Joe has no other option than to hand the presidency over to Kammy Harris. He is backed into a corner by what his kid may have done.

I rest my case counselor, your turn at the witness. If the facts are true what does POTUS Biden do?
Lack of foundation counselor in training. Get back to me when you have proved any of your case.

By the way, nothing has been a remotely alleged that Joe Biden did anything illegal. Even in Rudy’s wildest scenario.

If Trump raped all those women, he should be in jail. Should we go down that path?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:48 am

Agreed.
Who you voting for Cooter?
It's a binary choice.

The Democrats (does not equal the Left) decided they found winning more appealing than not. Black Democrats in particular believed that Biden, an old white, blue collar sort of guy was the best chance to win back white, older, blue collar voters in PA and the Midwest. Very practical.

The "Left" preferred Bernie or Liz. They lost.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Hunter's associate coming forth
https://youtu.be/sIH7xUloceI
Live Free or Die!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Cooter wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:20 am Hunter's associate coming forth
It is on OAN, and it involves Jack Prosobiec. Not much to be confident about here...
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:18 am

Agreed.
It's a binary choice.

The Democrats (does not equal the Left) decided they found winning more appealing than not. Black Democrats in particular believed that Biden, an old white, blue collar sort of guy was the best chance to win back white, older, blue collar voters in PA and the Midwest. Very practical.

Who are you voting for is the better question. You are not still planning on voting for Biden are you?
Live Free or Die!
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:38 am And perhaps asking these parties to do better. Do you agree with me that the DNC did well 2 swings ago with Obama?
If Obama had his Tip ONeill in the Senate, instead of McConnell? We could have solved every single major problem we had in 8 years.

Obama was a centrist. If we had Kasich, for example, running the show? We'd have a functioning Health Care system, an immigration bill, our college/vocational training figured out, a balanced infrastructure bill that looked to the future, and reasonable level of taxation to pay for it all.

Instead? We've sailed past three decades with getting nothing done. We have lost our way....the middle, reasonable way.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:25 am

Agreed.
It's a binary choice.

Who are you voting for is the better question. You are not still planning on voting for Biden are you?
It's a very, very easy binary choice.
I'm voting for the D for POTUS for the first time in 40 years of always voting.

Biden was not my preferred choice out of the cast of folks who ran, but the next 4 years can't be Trump. Period.

You gonna answer?
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:24 am
It is on OAN, and it involves Jack Prosobiec. Not much to be confident about here...
Well, how much faith does one have in the main stream press or Facebook or Twitter at this point?

The video supports my post last night that Hunter Biden's associates are coming out and with information supporting the emails on the laptop.
Live Free or Die!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Cooter wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:33 am
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:24 am
Well, how much faith does one have in the main stream press or Facebook or Twitter at this point?

The video supports my post last night that Hunter Biden's associates are coming out and with information supporting the emails on the laptop.
I have a lot more faith in the MSM than OAN - and there is no question that the "Hunter Biden" issue is a sideshow desperately used to reverse Trump's slide in the polls.

And in reality - given HBs past issues with drugs - I am not sure his "associates" is a meaningful thing. The one guy has been charged/convicted of fraud. So who knows what his motivation is.

And the other reality is this has NOTHING to do with Joe Biden. There is no connection, other than an imagined one. Hunter is not going to be part of a Biden administration, and is not going to be running a "family" business. He is related to Joe, but does not appear to have any sort of influential political connection with his father.

I am sorry you have to use one of the worst media sources that exists (even worse than Fox News) to support this nonsense.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:55 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:44 am

Lack of foundation counselor in training. Get back to me when you have proved any of your case.

By the way, nothing has been a remotely alleged that Joe Biden did anything illegal. Even in Rudy’s wildest scenario.

If Trump raped all those women, he should be in jail. Should we go down that path?
I would make a lousy lawyer, I spend most of my time sober. You can lay any hypothetical on me you want. If trump raped all those women then he and rapist Bill Clinton should have their cases tried at the same time. For a lawyer you have pretty chitty reading comprehension. I did not say anything was alleged against double barrel Joe. Maybe you should let your paralegal proof read for you while you get back to your martini. When and if you sober up, try reading my post again counselor.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:33 am
Cooter wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:25 am

Agreed.
It's a binary choice.

It's a very, very easy binary choice.
I'm voting for the D for POTUS for the first time in 40 years of always voting.

Biden was not my preferred choice out of the cast of folks who ran, but the next 4 years can't be Trump. Period.

You gonna answer?
It's not a binary choice.
At the moment I don't plan to vote at all. Kramerica's choice of writing in Hogan seems like a good one though.
Live Free or Die!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

IMO the only way the party gets the message that their platform/candidate stinks is to vote for who you really want.
I say- if the party gets it wrong in the primaries, give them weak turnout and support in the general until they get it right.
But that will generally never happen. People are too stubborn and proud.
Look how fast Kamala came around for Joe. She sold her soul as soon as she was promised the crown.

Return to “POLITICS”