2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by ggait »

Salty -- I can't see fully behind the WSJ paywall.

Does the WSJ confirm the NY Post story? Of course they don't. I do see them saying this:

"Assuming the emails turned up by the New York Post are real, they provide significant detail about Hunter Biden’s way of doing business. Even if it wasn’t illegal, it was a classic example of Beltway influence-peddling for profit off his father’s name and position."

GMAFB. By that standard, assuming the queen has balls, she's the king!

Looks like WSJ just ran an opinion piece saying Hunter is making $$$ off his last name, but nothing illegal. Just sleazy. Which has been known for at least a year. And which is exactly what the Trump kids (including the two working inside the WH) do.

Am I wrong?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:21 am Salty -- I can't see fully behind the WSJ paywall.

Does the WSJ confirm the NY Post story? Of course they don't. I do see them saying this:

"Assuming the emails turned up by the New York Post are real, they provide significant detail about Hunter Biden’s way of doing business. Even if it wasn’t illegal, it was a classic example of Beltway influence-peddling for profit off his father’s name and position."

GMAFB. By that standard, assuming the queen has balls, she's the king!

Looks like WSJ just ran an opinion piece saying Hunter is making $$$ off his last name, but nothing illegal. Just sleazy. Which has been known for at least a year. And which is exactly what the Trump kids (including the two working inside the WH) do.

Am I wrong?
I'm not sure. My WSJ digital subscription expired on Oct 12. I'm so sick of "the news" I didn't renew. I hope to "tune out" after the election.
Maybe a WSJ subscriber will give us a more lengthy excerpt. Based on their first para, I read them echoing my frustration with the lack of msm coverage, big tech censorship, & the lack of information from the FBI.

Here's why I feel a sense of urgency about hearing from the FBI -- the purported contents of Hunter's alleged hard drive are fueling some really vile Q stuff. If that stuff is on the hard drive, & it can't be attributed to Hunter, it needs to be debunked by a non-specific generic statement from the FBI. It's not fair to the Bidens or the voters to allow this Q stuff to propagate if it is planted disinformation. Letting it linger benefits the bad guys (Russian &/or domestic) if it is disinformation. For the sake of everyone, I hope the alleged Q fodder video is disinformation planted on that hard drive. If so, I want to go hard after the miscreants & not allow them to influence the election any further.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:31 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:04 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:27 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:54 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:48 am Joe lying like a M'fer.

@JoeBiden
President Obama and I left Donald Trump a booming economy — and he caused a recession. He squandered it just like he has everything else he’s inherited in his life.
3:15 PM · Oct 15, 2020

Shovel ready...was not as ah.... shovel ready as we originally expected. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0dFsNwiqOM

To their credit, as has been admitted by many here, including me, they did soften the blow and get us in a good spot by 2016.
Stock market returns were higher under Obama and growth was modestly slower but Obama didn’t have the benefit of tax reform and massive spending. I don’t blame Trump for the economy but keep in mind, COVID-19 is as much an economic crisis as it is a healthcare crisis and a coherent federal response matters.
I don't give trump or any other politician credit for this. Even with Covid my portfolio is doing outstanding. there has been blips up and down but by the end of this year i am still up over 5% from last year. Given the optimism of a Biden administration i should be up 100% from this time next year. :D
The stock market isn’t the economy. For the average person ( you are not average) market returns are almost meaningless.
You brought up the stock market. It is in most instances representative as to how the economy is doing.
I mentioned the economy as well. I was pointing out that the two have not really changed much under Trump. I am hoping that we create decent paying jobs for people. It’s better for everyone when that happens.
Hard to create good paying jobs in the Covid era. Millions of good paying jobs have vanished possibly forever. I know mine did. The Biden administration will have to pull a rabbit out of their hat to make that happen. Many employers have to deal with the new reality of doing more with less. Or maybe doing less with less.
You don’t know what you are talking about.
So enlighten me as to where all these new good paying jobs will come from? You can wish for that to happen all day long but that is not a reality for the foreseeable future. I hope new jobs will be created as well. Realistically I don't see where they are coming from anytime soon. The only thing i see on the horizon is the job market shrinking.
Innovation and new industry. Alternatively energy. A few companies I am involved with credit fuel efficiency and energy conservation as key drivers for job creation at their companies and in their industries.

Here is some reading if interested: https://hbr.org/amp/2020/08/equality-in ... etter-jobs

https://www.gartner.com/en/newsroom/pre ... eliminates

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/BL-CIO ... sponsive=y
Interesting read. It does not seem that many of these jobs will dovetail with the educational ability of the millions of people now out of work. The out of work restaurant employee may not be what these companies are looking for for entry level positions. There will new down the pike. That does not help the situation we are in today and will continue for the extended future.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:13 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:38 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:26 pm
MacIssac said he didn't recognize Hunter, not that he couldn't see him.
Wrong.

MacIsaac is the one who says (in interviews) that he could not ID alleged "Hunter" because he is legally blind:

Standing in his shop on Wednesday, MacIsaac admitted he was unable to confirm it was actually Hunter Biden who dropped off the laptop because he is "legally blind" and only realized it was the former vice president's son when Hunter stated his name for the point of contact.

Listen to this and tell me this guy is credible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9rMR3NnRfg

And then let's talk about this bridge I think you should buy from me.
No matter how you look at it there are only 2 possibilities. It is either HBs laptop or it is not. The only people that know for certain have to be the FBI. They have had this laptop for 10 months. I am no computer geek but I think in that amount of time they should have been able to figure it out. I can only speculate but given the extensive time frame they found some things on it that they have to really take a close look at. If the thing was bogus they could have cleared up any question about it a long time ago. It is now a matter of timing. No matter what the FBI concludes there are going to be some ticked off people from both parties.
:D Either way, we know what happened when Comey went public on anything beyond announcing a prosecution. It didn't matter in the slightest who it helped or hurt, it violated the policy (Ask Rosenstein). All the more so with anything potentially impacting an election in progress. Unless there's something specific to prosecute, you don't speak. You let the charges you file do the 'speaking' ala Mueller.

So, unless they have someone to charge specifically at this point, they need to remain silent. That could be because there's no violation of any law to charge or the investigation is ongoing.

Let's be clear, they have repeatedly briefed the Senate Intelligence Committee and told them quite explicitly that the Russians are operating a disinformation campaign against Biden and that a portion of that campaign is through members of that very Committee...eg Johnson as well as explicitly through Giuliani. How much more they've told them about any specific details that are classified, we don't know, but the overall message has been repeatedly communicated.

This feels to me like an ongoing intelligence investigation which may ultimately result in charges against various Russians (if they can be identified) and possibly the repair guy (if he's complicit, not a dupe) or which may never result in charges.

Of course, it's possible that at least some of the communications are real, but don't constitute any chargeable offense.

But this really feels like a rather desperate Hail Mary return to the 2016 playbook of attempting a last minute smear of the opponent in time for the last debate. Looks like it'll fall flat, but we'll see.

I expect Trump to attack with this on Thursday, and he'll look like a huge a-hole again. And his cult will cheer, so there's that.
Of course it is desperation on trumps part. That does not change the reality that either this is HBs laptop or not. What may be on it if it is, nobody knows that. If there is incriminating info on there well double barrel Joe can clear that up at the upcoming debate. He can state to the nation unequivocally that there is nothing on it to incriminate him or his son. If information to the contrary comes out post election, then Joe will find himself in quite a pickle won't he? I walk by a house every day while walking my dog in the morning. Biden 2020.….truth over lies. I hope ole double barrel Joe would never lie to us?
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:18 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:07 pm “Agreed. If it were all bs, the FBI would say gtfoh with this trash.”

The Trump campaign banks on having gullible people who say things like this.
In fact, Rudy (as former DOJ) would know that the FBI would be barred from commenting. Per DOJ policy due to the closeness of the election. And especially since current FBI Director Wray saw how Comey was criticized for his chit chat about Hillary's emails and Weiner's laptop in 2016.

So now is the perfect time to Rudy/Bannon/ex-Hannity producer throw some dump out. Because they know it can’t be debunked by the FBI. Even if the FBI knows it is complete BS.

Telling that no one at the NY Post (other than the newly hired ex-Hannity producer) was willing to put their name on this story.
It is strange how these funny little coincidences occur for both parties. If you need to sink a SCOTUS nomination drag out some confused woman from the past who can barely remember her own name. If you want to sink a potential win for a candidate for POTUS drag out some potential dirt that may be on the laptop of his son the drunkard. It is amazing when a political party is trolling for dirt what they can drag up when they need it. :roll:
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

According to the New York Times (10/16/20):

A number of counties in Ohio and Pennsylvania contracted with Midwest Direct, a Cleveland printing and mailing company, to print and mail absentee ballots to voters. They were supposed to be sent out last week. They weren't. Here is a photo of the company's plant:
Midwest_Direct_plant.jpg
Midwest_Direct_plant.jpg (110.64 KiB) Viewed 1435 times

If you think that the flag flying just below the U.S. flag is a Trump flag, congratulations on your visual acuity. It is. When asked about this, owner Richard Gebbie said, of he and his brother James: "We fly a flag because my brother and I own the company and we support President Trump." Election security experts don't think there is any way for the Gebbies to tamper with the ballots, but delaying them so that they arrive too late to be counted is another story. They are already 10 days late. The Gebbies have donated to Republicans in recent years, including Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose (R) and Ohio AG Dave Yost (R), so they are probably safe.

LaRose noted the Gebbies' failure and told counties to print their own ballots or deliver a contingency plan. With 2 weeks to go, that is not something every county is going to be able to do. If a voter gets a ballot a couple of days before Election Day, he or she can bring it to the elections office and have it still be counted, but many voters may have to drive half an hour or more to get there.

The Ohio counties affected include Summit County, which includes Akron, and Lucas County, which includes Toledo. These are urban and suburban counties. They are two of only eight Ohio counties that backed Hillary Clinton in 2016.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Heather Cox Richardson
October 18, 2020 (Sunday)

Today reinforced some of the developing storylines of the 2020 election.

Last night, at a rally in Michigan, Trump once again attacked Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer for locking down her state in the early days of the pandemic. When the crowd started to chant “Lock her up!” Trump responded: “Lock them all up!” Just ten days ago, the FBI arrested eight men plotting to kidnap Whitmer and put her on trial for “treason.” Whitmer called Trump out for “inspiring and incentivizing and inciting this kind of domestic terrorism.” She told NBC, “It is wrong. It’s got to end. It is dangerous, not just for me and my family, but for public servants everywhere who are doing their jobs and trying to protect their fellow Americans. People of goodwill on both sides of the aisle need to step up and call this out and bring the heat down.”

Lara Trump, who is married to Eric Trump and is a senior advisor to the Trump campaign, disagreed. She told CNN’s Jake Tapper, “Well, look, he wasn’t doing anything, I don’t think, to provoke people to threaten this woman at all…. He was having fun at a Trump rally.” The Trump campaign then insisted that a small “8645” emblem on a table beside Whitmer during her television interview was “encouraging assassination attempts” against Trump. (To “86” something is slang for getting rid of it.) While observers have noted Trump’s use of gaslighting—making someone believe something that is not true—another abusive pattern is “DARVO,” which stands for “Deny, Attack, and Reverse Victim and Offender.”

Today, Dr. Anthony Fauci said that political officials in the Trump administration have restricted his media appearances. He also explained that he now has federal protection because of threats to his life, and to his wife and children. “That’s sad,” he told Jonathan Lapook of CBS’s 60 Minutes, “The very fact that a public health message to save lives triggers such venom and animosity to me that it results in real and credible threats to my life and my safety.”

The editorial board of the New York Times today ran a special section of the Sunday Review to explain to readers in thirteen essays why Trump “is unfit to lead the nation.” The essays cover his corruption, incompetent statesmanship, attacks on women and minorities, rejection of science, and so on. The editorial introducing the issue begins: “Donald Trump’s re-election campaign poses the greatest threat to American democracy since World War II.” What follows is a blistering litany of the actions of the man who is “without any real rivals as the worst American president in modern history,” the editors say. He is conducting “an intolerable assault on the very foundations of the American experiment in government by the people.” The editorial concludes: “Mr. Trump is a man of no integrity. He has repeatedly violated his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States…. Now, in this moment of peril, it falls to the American people — even those who would prefer a Republican president — to preserve, protect and defend the United States by voting.”

More Republicans who have appeared to move in lockstep with the president are distancing themselves from him. Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) needs independents to swing his way in a tight race with Democrat MJ Hegar, a retired Air Force combat pilot. On Friday, Cornyn told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram Editorial Board that his relationship with Trump was “maybe like a lot of women who get married and think they’re going to change their spouse, and that doesn’t usually work out very well.” Cornyn claims to have stood up to Trump, but privately.

In all this there is nothing really new.

For at least a year now, intelligence officers have warned us that Russia is interfering in this election, trying to swing it to Trump. Despite the fact that Trump’s polling numbers are abysmal, our Electoral College system means that the swing of relatively few voters in key states could enable him to eke out a victory, just as he did in 2016. It is worth remembering that Trump’s plan in 2020 has never been to win a majority; it has been to win by gaming the system. It seems to me also worth remembering that Trump has consistently refused either to criticize Russia or to acknowledge that Putin’s agents are working to help him get reelected.

While many Trump campaign officials are already trying to blame each other for their candidate’s apparent weakness, Trump and his loyalists remain adamant that he is going to win. They are allegedly taking names of those whom he considers insufficiently supportive. He is mad at Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), who has rejected the president’s plans for a coronavirus relief bill and who publicly criticized the White House approach to the pandemic. He has gone after Senator Susan Collins (R-ME) for her coolness toward Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett, and Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE) for his condemnation of the president in a phone call with constituents. Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT), who has made his dislike for Trump clear in recent statements, is also on the outs.

Tim Murtaugh, communications director for the Trump campaign, says, “President Trump won in 2016 without the vocal support of the political insider crowd, and he’s going to do it again. The President enjoys the support of over 90 percent of Republicans….”

It is certainly possible that the Trump campaign is putting a brave face on the terrible polls, but the ham-handed attempt to dump disinformation about the Bidens is an excellent reminder that foreign operatives have been trying to influence our elections since 2016, and they have not gone away.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

So enlighten me as to where all these new good paying jobs will come from? You can wish for that to happen all day long but that is not a reality for the foreseeable future. I hope new jobs will be created as well. Realistically I don't see where they are coming from anytime soon. The only thing i see on the horizon is the job market shrinking.
Dislocations tend to find equilibrium at some point.

The global economy is a bucket full of economic water. There is always water coming in to the bucket and always some leaking out. When the bucket gets kicked the water is redistributed within the bucket...some times the bucket loses/gains water as a result of that kick.

-Technology workers will be in YUGE demand with everything going remote at a geometric rate.

-I'm seeing some of the local food service finding very creative ways to remain viable.

-Tele-med with PAs should redefine health care delivery

-the cost of renewable unit of energy are now cheaper than coal....

-I've said for years we need to be investing in 21st century tech - renewable energy, transportations, infrastructure, etc. I've never liked labor being tax more than capital or entity structure.

Sadly certain industries are in dire shape - anything related to travel has been blow up, entertainment as well.

We have to get cash in the hands of those who need it....a lot of the money has gone in the bank or to pay off debt, which doesn't help the cause. Way too much money has been laying around undistrbuted or have been obtained fraudulently....I know of several cases personally.

Now is a great inflection point to get our $h!t in order - term limits, lobbying, and most importantly - our tax code.

None of that has a chance of happening with Trump and Mitch....not sure anything gets done with Biden, Nancy and Chuck, but I'll take my chances.

a fan's .10 per transaction works for me. Give what we need to those who can't achieve whatever a "living wage" is.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

ggait wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:19 pm Agree that Comey was in a tough spot in mid-2016. Pretty much a no-win situation. Especially after AG Lynch excused herself after tarmac-gate.

But how interesting/ironic that Rudy is at the center of today's Hunter laptop-gate.

Since the story on Weiner laptop-gate was that Rudy had his guys at FBI/NYC pot-stirring and leaking in order to force Comey's hand to say something publicly on the very late date of 10/28/2016.

On 10/27, 538 gave Hillary an 83% win probability. By 11/5, it had dropped to 65%. So much damage had been done by the time Comey came out on 11/7 (two days before election day) and said that all the emails on Weiner's laptop had been examined previously. So never mind...

So the literally last thing that Chris Wray is going to do (as Rudy well knows) in the next three weeks is say something publicly about some laptop related to Rudy and the election.

It isn't the job of Wray/FBI to fact check Rudy and the NY Post.
My gut says Wray won't say itshay about ukfay regarding the election. Nor should he.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:02 am
Dislocations tend to find equilibrium at some point.

The global economy is a bucket full of economic water. There is always water coming in to the bucket and always some leaking out. When the bucket gets kicked the water is redistributed within the bucket...some times the bucket loses/gains water as a result of that kick.

-Technology workers will be in YUGE demand with everything going remote at a geometric rate.

-I'm seeing some of the local food service finding very creative ways to remain viable.

-Tele-med with PAs should redefine health care delivery

-the cost of renewable unit of energy are now cheaper than coal....

-I've said for years we need to be investing in 21st century tech - renewable energy, transportations, infrastructure, etc. I've never liked labor being tax more than capital or entity structure.

Sadly certain industries are in dire shape - anything related to travel has been blow up, entertainment as well.

We have to get cash in the hands of those who need it....a lot of the money has gone in the bank or to pay off debt, which doesn't help the cause. Way too much money has been laying around undistrbuted or have been obtained fraudulently....I know of several cases personally.

Now is a great inflection point to get our $h!t in order - term limits, lobbying, and most importantly - our tax code.

None of that has a chance of happening with Trump and Mitch....not sure anything gets done with Biden, Nancy and Chuck, but I'll take my chances.

a fan's .10 per transaction works for me. Give what we need to those who can't achieve whatever a "living wage" is.

"Now is a great inflection point to get our $h!t in order - term limits, lobbying, and most importantly - our tax code."

I could not agree more. It seems to this old guy t that the 3 issues you put forth have been talked about by both sides for as long as I can remember.
It is time to get our $h!t in order. i don't see it happening in my lifetime.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

CU88 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:22 am He was having fun at a Trump rally.
Well there's a new one.

I'll be using it if Biden can manage to win, and complaints about what Biden promised or said during the campaign.

"Oh, he didn't mean what he said----he was just having fun at Biden rally." (facepalm)

This nation can still sink further down, folks. Bank on it.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:45 pm
Well there's a new one.

I'll be using it if Biden can manage to win, and complaints about what Biden promised or said during the campaign.

"Oh, he didn't mean what he said----he was just having fun at Biden rally." (facepalm)

Bank on it. Yesterday a sitting United States Senator suggested on television that one of Vice President Biden’s sons had child porn on “his” computer. There is no bottom to Trumpism. And plenty of folks share in the complicity with that dive to the sea floor.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Come on Man what could go wrong?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/utah-coun ... EVfAHxJxYU

County in Utah Mails Over 13,000 Ballots Without Crucial Component
njbill

Post by njbill »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:53 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:45 pm
Well there's a new one.

Bank on it. Yesterday a sitting United States Senator suggested on television that one of Vice President Biden’s sons had child porn on “his” computer. There is no bottom to Trumpism. And plenty of folks share in the complicity with that dive to the sea floor.
I wasted some time yesterday listening to the blind guy’s long audio interview. One of the things he said is that there was no child pornography on the computer.

Now, the Trumpists’ response, I’m sure, is, hey, the guy is blind. Of course he couldn’t see what was on the computer.

In their ignorance, they don’t explain why the blind guy was able to read these alleged emails.

But nobody ever said these deplorables were smart.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Right from Fox via Homer Simpson :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

CBS reporting Bidens in hiding till Thursday night.

What a coincidence?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Yesterday, Pochahontas tells us all at a campaign rally that "TRUMP threatens all life on the planet."

You guys sure you're ahead in the polls.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:12 pm CBS reporting Bidens in hiding till Thursday night.

What a coincidence?
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”