Good News

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
SCLaxAttack

Re: Good News

Post by SCLaxAttack »

njbill wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:55 am Agreed. Incredible story. My gut feeling is that as more becomes known about this rescue, the more heroic and miraculous it will come to be seen.
Yes. Thank heaven for losers and suckers.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:35 am https://abcnews.go.com/US/inside-daring ... d=72869187

from another source:
The State of California’s wildfire emergency management agency, CalFire, was alerted that 200 people were entirely encircled in fire. They formally declared them beyond the ability of CalFire to save, The CA National Guard spun up 2 helicopters, a Blackhawk and a Chinook, and headed out to help. On the ride over, CalFire called them repeatedly to call them off and tell them to go back to base as it was too dangerous.
Flying using night vision through high cross winds, smoke, burning embers and rough terrain, the CA NG took off and landed several times, rescuing all 200 people. Their efforts were captured through their own pictures-it looks positively apocalyptic. Huge, huge props to the CA NG, pretty remarkable.
Hell yea! THanks for sharing.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
DMac

Post by DMac »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:25 am
njbill wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:55 am Agreed. Incredible story. My gut feeling is that as more becomes known about this rescue, the more heroic and miraculous it will come to be seen.
Yes. Thank heaven for losers and suckers.
Yup. Meanwhile the commander in chief can't risk the helo flight in the fog and rain to make an appearance.
Probably doesn't have the right equipment in his helo, right?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:09 pm Pay it forward: https://twitter.com/sicarioscott/status ... 78560?s=21
Thanks for posting. It is the decent thing to do. I believe if you do the right thing it all comes back to you. You try to beat someone, that too will come back to you. Life is about doing the right thing. You do things because it's right..... not because you expect to get something out of it in someway.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

DMac

Post by DMac »

Eighty degrees in the Cuse, still be about sixty seven at midnight. Five percent chance of rain.
Uh oh, sure sounds like a perfect evening for a brewski or two on the deck of my favorite watering
hole.....doubt we'll get another one of these days. Foliage is pretty damn gorgeous on a day like
this around these parts too. See ya. :D
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

DMac wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:38 pm Eighty degrees in the Cuse, still be about sixty seven at midnight. Five percent chance of rain.
Uh oh, sure sounds like a perfect evening for a brewski or two on the deck of my favorite watering
hole.....doubt we'll get another one of these days. Foliage is pretty damn gorgeous on a day like
Would love to sidle up onto that porch and surprise you one day, dMac...my aunt and uncle in the 'cuse have departed this life, but we DO get up there now and then...

Enjoy "Indian Summer". Is that politically incorrect to say that these days?
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
DMac

Post by DMac »

Would be a treat for me, dis.
It's outside too...smoke 'em if you got 'em.
:mrgreen:
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

DMac wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:38 pm Eighty degrees in the Cuse, still be about sixty seven at midnight. Five percent chance of rain.
Ditto on that in Buffalo. Just came out on the balcony with a crisp Kolsch-style from Mill House (Poughkeepsie) before heading over to gf for dinner later.
Typical Lax Dad

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:18 pm
Ditto on that in Buffalo. Just came out on the balcony with a crisp Kolsch-style from Mill House (Poughkeepsie) before heading over to gf for dinner later.
I like Kolsch. Nice and clean.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

American hostage rescued in West Africa by SEAL Team 6 in daring raid
The rescue took place earlier Saturday in northern Nigeria

The elite SEAL Team 6 staged a daring raid in the West African country of Nigeria, rescuing Philip Walton, 27, who had been taken hostage, officials told Fox News.

“We had to get him before any potential trade or sale,” one U.S. official said.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:30 am American hostage rescued in West Africa by SEAL Team 6 in daring raid

The elite SEAL Team 6 staged a daring raid in the West African country of Nigeria, rescuing Philip Walton, 27, who had been taken hostage, officials told Fox News.

Great news. No loss of rescuers. Being reported on all outlets.

Walton is being described as an "American farmer"...
DMac

Post by DMac »

The creme de la creme strikes again. SEALs are incredible.
Thanks for posting.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:30 am American hostage rescued in West Africa by SEAL Team 6 in daring raid

Thanks for posting that! I have friends with kids that are navy SEALs. Always happy to hear that they got in and out safely.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:59 am

Thanks for posting that! I have friends with kids that are navy SEALS. Always happy to hear that they got in and out safely.
Look at all our leftist anti-military types cooing about this SEAL.

They're all the same folks that whined about Trump killing Qassim Soleimani and Al Baghdadi.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Why 6'? Why do you have to throw that kind of schidt on the Good News thread where the SEAL Team is being recognized for their mission accomplished? Not enough other places to throw the nastiness around?
W-T-F????
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DMac wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:24 pm Why 6'? Why do you have to throw that kind of schidt on the Good News thread where the SEAL Team is being recognized for their mission accomplished? Not enough other places to throw the nastiness around?
W-T-F????

No surprise given the far right's propensity to spew hate and promote discord.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

frog and the scorpion.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:59 am

Thanks for posting that! I have friends with kids that are navy SEALS. Always happy to hear that they got in and out safely.
Look at all our leftist anti-military types cooing about this SEAL.

They're all the same folks that whined about Trump killing Qassim Soleimani and Al Baghdadi.
:roll: :roll:
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”