2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:28 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:16 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:43 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:40 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:28 am
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:56 am Evil cretin is a good term for the current occupant of the presidency.

You can complain all you want, but Biden does not react to being pressed by getting prickly and defensive like Trump. So when interviewed in this manner, you confuse genial answering of Biden with the interviewer not treating him the same - and you are right they are not treated the same.

Trump just cannot help himself because he throws out bald-faced lies that are so easy to check in real time (because they are rarely NEW lies) and Savannah actually pressed him on them. When he goes on Fox, he rarely gets challenged in any way).
The POINT is that stephanopoulos pressed Biden on NOTHING. The double standard is palpable

First question to trump common Don you're a white supremacist aren't ya?

Then every question after that was snide snarky and from a leftist point of view.
yup, whiners.

Poor Trumpy, he's asked questions about truly outrageous things he's recently said. So unfair.

Trumpy responds with nonsense, asked follow up questions. So unfair.

It's no wonder that Trump desperately didn't want to be in a direct debate format taking questions from citizens, with follow ups from moderator or opponent, and not being able to interrupt...So unfair.
Biden? Biden who?
yup, when you answer difficult questions in a measured way rather than spewing more nonsense you provide far less of a target to push harder on. Steph pushed him on the court packing question, multiple questions...Biden chose to stick to his tactic to postpone saying exactly what he would do, but promises to say before Election Day...we'll see if he follows through on that. But he also explained that he wants to see how the Barrett nomination is handled, clearly he wants to provide room for a couple more GOP Senators to postpone that vote until after the election, or altogether, taking off the table any necessity to go to the extreme of adding Justices...Biden clearly doesn't want that to be what happens...unless Barrett is jammed through, and even then he's loathe to go there. But I think he'll say yes, he'll consider it if elected and the Senate would support. But it's not as if he got off the hook with no question or follow-ups.

Biden was pushed on trade, crime bills, and even the "You ain't black" comment...it was no walk in the park, except that he knows how to answer tough questions without getting angry.

Trump wanted this stage, he didn't want to debate in an environment where his nonsense and rude demeanor could be observed side by side against Biden's reasonableness. So stop whining that he was asked follow-up questions.

Trump has this arrogant view that he can simply talk over a questioner, whether a citizen, or a moderator, or an opponent. But if the rules don't allow him to interrupt, to "dominate", he doesn't want to play...more whine.

So, we get 60 minutes and run from Trump, 90 minutes and stick around from Biden.

Show the voters more Trump and he'll continue to bleed voters.
Give me an example of a difficult question Biden answered.
He answered each of these questions, reasonably, unhurriedly.
You may not like his answers, but he answered.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

OD has had negative press because he both earns it and deserves it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:37 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:34 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:14 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:39 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:37 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:34 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:23 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:56 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:47 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:33 am When did you get sick?

When was your last negative test before testing positive?

Should you wear a mask?

Do you believe in herd immunity?

Why share a Bin Laden conspiracy?

Do you denounce QAnon?

Will you accept losing, and a peaceful transition of authority?

Yeah, pretty tough going.
Why should he have to denounce Q? That is a loaded question no matter how you look at it. No matter what he says the press is going to rip into him. If he denounces them he gets ripped for having allegedly supporting them. If he does not denounce them then he is denounced for being an anti cannabalistic hater of pedophiles. This Q nonsense us something the moronic FLP folks found in the bottom of their bowl of alphabet soup. The letter Q causes massive panic attacks among the FLP elites. They must be scared of their shadow and thunder and lightning too. :lol:
C&S,

FBI Memo dated May 2019:

https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... eat-report

No one “found this in the bottom of their bowl of alphabet soup.” Chris Wray’s FBI is assessing it.

Fair game to ask the GOP nominee if he disavows it.

Sensing a huge snowflake factor today.
Is the FBI going to begin investigating those folks at The Onion next? They make a living jerking people's chain. They make a living hoping some buffoons believe what they put out. Sorry coaster but I just don't believe in ghosts.
I am not some kind of knowing insider; I sort of have to believe that the FBI (1) has resources I don't have; (2) does a creditable job in evaluating threats to civil society; and (3) would not publish a warning without some level of creditable evidence to support it. I trust institutions.
The FBI had Hunter Bidens laptop since January. How they doin with that.

They lied about the dossier. How they doin with that.
Jeez, man: be careful if someone offers a bridge cheap. I mean this: get some rest.
Did the moderator ask about:

Defeating ISIS

Killing the two biggest terrorists on the planet

defunding Iraqs terror money for Hammas and Hezbollah

Any questions about Arab Israeli peace or moving our embassy to Jerusalem

Anything about getting NATO partners to start paying their share of NATOs costs for their own defense

How about US Canda Mexico trade changes to our benefit

How about the highest labor participation rate in history prior to covid

Highest employment ever for blacks hispanics and women.

Were there any questions on topics that matter

This is where you insult me again cause you got no rebuttal.
One of the reasons Trump doesn't get questions -- or at least the softballs you would like: "Tell us, Orange Beauty, about your success with ISIS" -- is because he lies about so many many other things. He is to blame for the coverage he gets. If the guy had managed the virus in at least a creditable way, and acted mildly throughout the campaign, he'd be a slam dunk to win again. You feel put-upon; but it is your horse in this race that is causing it. You just want to feed his and, now, your narrative by blaming "the media."
Thats a big steamy pile of dung.

hes had a 95% negative press rate since day 1.
Keep whining, it's so persuasive.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:40 am Wow, listening to Mazie Hirono again.

In politics, stupidity is not a handicap obviously.

How do Dems continually elect these clowns? Do their politicians reflect their voters?
She is the Senator I heard droning on and on and on the other day. I don't think she ever got around to asking ACB a question. I don't know why but after 10 minutes of listening to her blather on aimlessly for some reason I thought of MD Lax. I have no idea why. ;)
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:39 pm OD has had negative press because he both earns it and deserves it.
Lying incessantly does rankle much of the press.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:42 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:40 am Wow, listening to Mazie Hirono again.

How do Dems continually elect these clowns? Do their politicians reflect their voters?
She is the Senator I heard droning on and on and on the other day. I don't think she ever got around to asking ACB a question. I don't know why but after 10 minutes of listening to her blather on aimlessly for some reason I thought of MD Lax. I have no idea why. :(
cheap shot. :lol:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:38 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:56 am Evil cretin is a good term for the current occupant of the presidency.

You can complain all you want, but Biden does not react to being pressed by getting prickly and defensive like Trump. So when interviewed in this manner, you confuse genial answering of Biden with the interviewer not treating him the same - and you are right they are not treated the same.

Trump just cannot help himself because he throws out bald-faced lies that are so easy to check in real time (because they are rarely NEW lies) and Savannah actually pressed him on them. When he goes on Fox, he rarely gets challenged in any way).
The POINT is that stephanopoulos pressed Biden on NOTHING. The double standard is palpable

Then every question after that was snide snarky and from a leftist point of view.
yup, whiners.

Poor Trumpy, he's asked questions about truly outrageous things he's recently said. So unfair.

It's no wonder that Trump desperately didn't want to be in a direct debate format taking questions from citizens, with follow ups from moderator or opponent, and not being able to interrupt...So unfair.
Biden? Biden who?
yup, when you answer difficult questions in a measured way rather than spewing more nonsense you provide far less of a target to push harder on. Steph pushed him on the court packing question, multiple questions...Biden chose to stick to his tactic to postpone saying exactly what he would do, but promises to say before Election Day...we'll see if he follows through on that. But he also explained that he wants to see how the Barrett nomination is handled, clearly he wants to provide room for a couple more GOP Senators to postpone that vote until after the election, or altogether, taking off the table any necessity to go to the extreme of adding Justices...Biden clearly doesn't want that to be what happens...unless Barrett is jammed through, and even then he's loathe to go there. But I think he'll say yes, he'll consider it if elected and the Senate would support. But it's not as if he got off the hook with no question or follow-ups.

Biden was pushed on trade, crime bills, and even the "You ain't black" comment...it was no walk in the park, except that he knows how to answer tough questions without getting angry.

Trump wanted this stage, he didn't want to debate in an environment where his nonsense and rude demeanor could be observed side by side against Biden's reasonableness. So stop whining that he was asked follow-up questions.

Trump has this arrogant view that he can simply talk over a questioner, whether a citizen, or a moderator, or an opponent. But if the rules don't allow him to interrupt, to "dominate", he doesn't want to play...more whine.

So, we get 60 minutes and run from Trump, 90 minutes and stick around from Biden.

So no real answer to your examples.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:42 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:42 pm

She is the Senator I heard droning on and on and on the other day. I don't think she ever got around to asking ACB a question. I don't know why but after 10 minutes of listening to her blather on aimlessly for some reason I thought of MD Lax. I have no idea why. :(
cheap shot. :lol:
I said I have no idea why. ;) You never blather on aimlessly. It just takes you awhile to get to the point sometimes. To your credit you have become much more presise in your verbiage.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:43 pm

yup, whiners.

Biden? Biden who?

:lol: :roll: :lol: keep whining 6ft, it's so persuasive.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:44 pm

yup, whiners.

Biden? Biden who?

Keep repeating yourself. Proves you got no response
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:34 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:23 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:56 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:47 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:33 am When did you get sick?

When was your last negative test before testing positive?

Should you wear a mask?

Do you believe in herd immunity?

Why share a Bin Laden conspiracy?

Do you denounce QAnon?

Will you accept losing, and a peaceful transition of authority?

Yeah, pretty tough going.
Why should he have to denounce Q? That is a loaded question no matter how you look at it. No matter what he says the press is going to rip into him. If he denounces them he gets ripped for having allegedly supporting them. If he does not denounce them then he is denounced for being an anti cannabalistic hater of pedophiles. This Q nonsense us something the moronic FLP folks found in the bottom of their bowl of alphabet soup. The letter Q causes massive panic attacks among the FLP elites. They must be scared of their shadow and thunder and lightning too. :lol:
C&S,

FBI Memo dated May 2019:

https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... eat-report

No one “found this in the bottom of their bowl of alphabet soup.” Chris Wray’s FBI is assessing it.

Fair game to ask the GOP nominee if he disavows it.

Sensing a huge snowflake factor today.
Is the FBI going to begin investigating those folks at The Onion next? They make a living jerking people's chain. They make a living hoping some buffoons believe what they put out. Sorry coaster but I just don't believe in ghosts.
I am not some kind of knowing insider; I sort of have to believe that the FBI (1) has resources I don't have; (2) does a creditable job in evaluating threats to civil society; and (3) would not publish a warning without some level of creditable evidence to support it. I trust institutions.
The deeper you look into Q the more mysterious they become. They have no leader, they have no website, they don't beg for money, they never make any public statements. Maybe they are a branch office of the skull and bones over at Yale? They are everywhere and nowhere at the same time. It could be the FBI is not very good at being ghostbusters. I wonder if Bill Murray is free right now?
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I’m sure NO ONE saw this coming, but some of the ABC Biden questioners were former Obama speechwriters and a wife of a firmer Democratic state Senator!! Do they think no one will check up?!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... a-democrat

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Democrats and media are peas in a pod dishonest.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Me oh my. Professor Norpoth seems to be on the same Trafalgar path, except even more positive for Trump.

A385F7E4-68E1-41E7-B866-F0EF17D18B50.jpeg
A385F7E4-68E1-41E7-B866-F0EF17D18B50.jpeg (162.33 KiB) Viewed 913 times

Look, he could be wrong for all I know. But the fact that Fanlax Dems have already measured the White House drapes makes me laugh so hard when I see competent political scientists mocking them.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:48 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:44 pm

yup, whiners.

Biden? Biden who?

Keep repeating yourself. Proves you got no response
no response? I gave you multiple examples of tough questions he answered...you want to know exactly what he said, google is at your fingertips, use it. Watch the whole 90 minutes if you'd like.

Nah, you prefer to whine.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:14 pm Me oh my. Professor Norpoth seems to be on the same Trafalgar path, except even more positive for Trump.

Look, he could be wrong for all I know. But the fact that Fanlax Dems have already measured the White House drapes makes me laugh so hard when I see competent political scientists mocking them.
c'mon, pb. do better.
that poll is from march 2nd (based on primaries 1st among others). a couple things have happened since then.

forget what i just said -- let's get polls up everywhere! both sides!! it's peak poll watching season!!

but the real reason i came here and why i know the above and can't erase it unfortunately.... 26 presidential elections? how old is this guy?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:14 pm Me oh my. Professor Norpoth seems to be on the same Trafalgar path, except even more positive for Trump.

The Professor
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:36 pm

c'mon, pb. do better.
that poll is from march 2nd (based on primaries 1st among others). a couple things have happened since then.

forget what i just said -- let's get polls up everywhere! both sides!! it's peak poll watching season!!

but the real reason i came here and why i know the above and can't erase it unfortunately.... 26 presidential elections? how old is this guy?

The model doesn't change after the last primary (because it's based primarily on primary turnout).

Oh also, the model was run in simulations for 26 presidential elections and correctly predicted 24 of 26, including 2016.

Democrats measuring drapes now is like a salesman spending money on a commission not yet earned. It's so sad to see.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:48 pm

c'mon, pb. do better.

The model doesn't change after the last primary (because it's based primarily on primary turnout).

Oh also, the model was run in simulations for 26 presidential elections and correctly predicted 24 of 26, including 2016.
aaaannnddd????
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:53 pm

c'mon, pb. do better.

aaaannnddd????

and don't measure the drapes.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:53 pm

c'mon, pb. do better.

aaaannnddd????
PB can hang his hat on whatever he wants to regarding which polls and methodology he wants. Still does not change the fact that most polls and aggregators think this one is going the other way.

There will always be a chance for Trump to pull this one off. The built-in rural bias of the electoral college makes it possible. But not anywhere near likely given the state of the numbers as we sit today 2.5 weeks out.

From fivethirtyeight.com:
Weird and not-so-weird possibilities

The chances that these situations will crop up:
  • Trump wins the popular voteRegardless of whether he wins the Electoral College 5 in 100
  • Biden wins the popular voteRegardless of whether he wins the Electoral College 95 in 100
  • Trump wins more than 50% of the popular voteRegardless of whether he wins the Electoral College 3 in 100
  • Biden wins more than 50% of the popular voteRegardless of whether he wins the Electoral College 92 in 100
  • Trump wins in a landslideDefined as winning the popular vote by a double-digit margin <1 in 100
  • Biden wins in a landslideDefined as winning the popular vote by a double-digit margin 36 in 100
  • Trump wins the popular vote but loses the Electoral College <1 in 100
  • Biden wins the popular vote but loses the Electoral College 9 in 100
  • No one wins the Electoral CollegeNo candidate gets 270 electoral votes and Congress decides the election <1 in 100
  • Trump wins at least one state that Clinton won in 2016 27 in 100
  • Biden wins at least one state that Trump won in 2016 95 in 100
  • The map stays exactly the same as it was in 2016Each candidate wins exactly the same states that his party won in 2016 <1 in 100
  • The election hinges on a recountCandidates are within half a percentage point in one or more decisive states 4 in 100

Return to “POLITICS”