JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:27 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:01 pm . Unfortunately, in 2010 the promise was kept,
...& the ISIS JV rolled in, all the way to the suburbs of Baghdad.
And we summarily wiped out tens of thousands of terrorists for being dumb enough (JV) to fight in the open, like the idiots that they were.

Best move we've made in a long time. Doesn't matter that it was an accident on our part the led to all those terrorists getting wiped in all at once.

AlQ was never that stupid. Obama was right....stopped clock, and all that....
That's just absurdly wrong. We missed the opportunity to wipe out ISIS in the open when we wouldn't help the ISF during the initial ISIS invasion. Obama wouldn't approve US air strikes or any sort of military assistance. We couldn't even give them munitions for the few aircraft they had. Obama dismissed ISIS as JV's until they conquered an area the size of TX & established their Caliphate. ISIS wouldn't fight in the open. They went to ground in the cities & towns they occupied & had to be bombed or rooted out door to door, leaving behind rubble, refugees, & non-combatant casualties in much of Iraq & Syria.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:10 pm That's just absurdly wrong. We missed the opportunity to wipe out ISIS in the open when we wouldn't help the ISF during the initial ISIS invasion. Obama wouldn't approve US air strikes or any sort of military assistance. We couldn't even give them munitions for the few aircraft they had. Obama dismissed ISIS as JV's until they conquered an area the size of TX & established their Caliphate.
Right. That's out in the open. Surely you didn't think I meant in an open field in lines.....like in Roman times?

Put it this way: how many ISIS combatants were killed under Trump's watch? That'll cut to the chase.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:19 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:10 pm That's just absurdly wrong. We missed the opportunity to wipe out ISIS in the open when we wouldn't help the ISF during the initial ISIS invasion. Obama wouldn't approve US air strikes or any sort of military assistance. We couldn't even give them munitions for the few aircraft they had. Obama dismissed ISIS as JV's until they conquered an area the size of TX & established their Caliphate.
Right. That's out in the open. Surely you didn't think I meant in an open field in lines.....like in Roman times?

Put it this way: how many ISIS combatants were killed under Trump's watch? That'll cut to the chase.
ISIS was indeed out in the open, & vulnerable, as they rolled into Iraq from Syria. That was the opportunity to stop them before they took territory, dug in & occupied it, then organized & consolidated their caliphate.

Instead of posing diversionary questions, state your theory, then support it with facts.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:26 pm ISIS was indeed out in the open, & vulnerable, as they rolled into Iraq from Syria. That was the opportunity to stop them before they took territory, dug in & occupied it, then organized & consolidated their caliphate.

Instead of posing diversionary questions, state your theory, then support it with facts.
It's not a diversionary question. It's cutting to the scoreboard.

How many times have we done things in the ME that we thought was smart at the time, but had horrible consequences?

My theory---if you want to call it that----is that to Old Salt, Obama pulling out of Iraq was stupid at the time, but I'm saying that it obviously had some positive consequences.

Ask anyone at FoxNation about how many tens of thousands of terrorists in ISIS were wiped out by Trump's orders. What was the number? 60k to 70k, according to DoD, correct?

That would not have been possible had Obama stayed in Iraq.

You're missing my point because you think I'm praising Obama.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:26 pm ISIS was indeed out in the open, & vulnerable, as they rolled into Iraq from Syria. That was the opportunity to stop them before they took territory, dug in & occupied it, then organized & consolidated their caliphate.

It's not a diversionary question. It's cutting to the scoreboard.

How many times have we done things in the ME that we thought was smart at the time, but had horrible consequences?

My theory---if you want to call it that----is that to Old Salt, Obama pulling out of Iraq was stupid at the time, but I'm saying that it obviously had some positive consequences.

Ask anyone at FoxNation about how many tens of thousands of terrorists in ISIS were wiped out by Trump's orders. What was the number? 60k to 70k, according to DoD, correct?

That would not have been possible had Obama stayed in Iraq.

You're missing my point because you think I'm praising Obama.
No. I disagree with your theory. Had we kept a small residual force in Iraq (including the JSOC & intel network that McChrystal & Flynn established) & been there to reassure the Sunni, ISIS would not have generated support in Iraq. ISIS would have been just one of several factions bottled up in the Syrian civil war. With our support, the ISF could have prevented their entry into Iraq.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 pm No. I disagree with your theory. Had we kept a small residual force in Iraq (including the JSOC & intel network that McChrystal & Flynn established) & been there to reassure the Sunni, ISIS would not have generated support in Iraq. ISIS would have been just one of several factions bottled up in the Syrian civil war. With our support, the ISF could have prevented their entry into Iraq.
Yes. And that sounds swell. But so have most of our moves in this region, on paper.

But 60K-70k current and/or future terrorists would still be around, making trouble.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:45 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 pm No. I disagree with your theory. Had we kept a small residual force in Iraq (including the JSOC & intel network that McChrystal & Flynn established) & been there to reassure the Sunni, ISIS would not have generated support in Iraq. ISIS would have been just one of several factions bottled up in the Syrian civil war. With our support, the ISF could have prevented their entry into Iraq.
Yes. And that sounds swell. But so have most of our moves in this region, on paper.

But 60K-70k current and/or future terrorists would still be around, making trouble.
It was not inevitable that they became terrorists & joined ISIS. The Sunni awakening. Read Flynn's & McChrystal's books.
old salt

Post by old salt »

I'm guessing this came to real estate developer Trump's attention. I can hear him (& afan ;)) asking Esper -- why are we sending more troops & their families to Germany & scrambling to get housing for them ? If the Germans want us there, they can come up with the housing & help pay for it. (although afan might understand & approve, since it's in Bavaria).

We're already providing the best joint training area in the world for our NATO allies. We have a huge sunken investment there. Our NATO partners need to share more of the costs to save it. We can train our troops in existing US facilities, but that's not threat specific joint training alongside allies.

Note the allies in this exercise include Ukraine, Romania, Slovenia & Italy, but not Germany. The EUroburghers continue to free ride, knowing that Biden will reverse it & Congressional hawks will stop it if Trump wins.
https://www.stripes.com/news/army-seeks ... s-1.619670

Army seeks hundreds more homes for troops at Hohenfels

The U.S. military is working with the German government to help it find 200 rental properties for the growing number of American troops coming to Hohenfels in Bavaria. The properties should be within a 30-mile radius of the main gate of the Hohenfels Training Center, the military has said.

February 21, 2020

GRAFENWOEHR, Germany — The Army has asked the German government to help it find hundreds of homes near Hohenfels to house the growing number of troops coming to the training area, officials said this week.

“The U.S. Armed Forces have formally requested that the German Federal Real Estate Agency (BImA) procure 200 residential units in the Hohenfels area,” BImA said in a statement emailed to Stars and Stripes.

The military wants the housing to be within 30 minutes of the Hohenfels training area’s main entrance, the statement said.

The training area, in the Neumarkt district of Bavaria, is home to the Joint Multinational Readiness Center, the only Army combat training center outside the U.S. for American and allied forces.

The number of troops in Hohenfels has been rising for several years, she said. Many of them are coming to the town with their families, BImA said in its statement.

Housing units made available to the U.S. military can be new construction or come from existing stock, BImA said.

Ten-year lease agreements would be established between the military — not individual service members — and landlords, the German agency said.

The Army is looking for around 130 four-bedroom units between 1,571 and 1,862 square feet and about 70 three-bedroom units between 1,313 and 1,625 square feet, BImA said.

Rents charged for the properties must be in line with market rates, it said.

While data were not immediately available for average rents in Hohenfels, houses in the nearby town of Parsberg rent out for between 6.05 euros and 6.25 euros per square meter — just under 11 square feet — according to a story on the Capital.de website. That would amount to about $1,015 per month for 1,650 square feet.

However, housing for Americans near U.S. bases tends to rent for higher prices due to demand. An E-5 with dependents is eligible for $1,876.49 per month in rent for the Hohenfels area, according to the military’s most recent overseas housing allowance rate, which varies based on pay grade and dependent status.

A message inviting homeowners and builders to offer rental properties to the U.S. military will be published in regional newspapers by the end of the month, BImA said.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The Navy's future move away from nuc powered super carriers toward conventionally powered smaller aircraft carriers, picks up steam (pun intended).

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2020/ ... e_today_nl
CU88

Post by CU88 »

No surprise here, DEPLORABLE

Neo-Nazi group The Base are recruiting large numbers of active-duty and former military members, secret recordings between the group’s leader and more than 100 prospective recruits have revealed. Audio recordings of a secret call using the encrypted app Wire have revealed that of the 100-plus potential recruits, 20 percent confirmed they were either current active-duty military staff or had formerly served for the military in some capacity. More than 80 hours of recordings were released by The Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors hate groups, who said the recordings’ authenticity had been confirmed by experts.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/se ... s-n1243395
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:35 am No surprise here, DEPLORABLE

Neo-Nazi group The Base are recruiting large numbers of active-duty and former military members, secret recordings between the group’s leader and more than 100 prospective recruits have revealed. Audio recordings of a secret call using the encrypted app Wire have revealed that of the 100-plus potential recruits, 20 percent confirmed they were either current active-duty military staff or had formerly served for the military in some capacity. More than 80 hours of recordings were released by The Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors hate groups, who said the recordings’ authenticity had been confirmed by experts.

Losers
“I wish you would!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Y'all Qaeda
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:40 am

Losers
Good people on both sides?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:49 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:40 am

Losers
How many times do you have to be shown that's a lie. A complete misrepresentation of the TRUTH.

The exact opposite of "If you like your doctor you can keep him. If you like your health plan you can keep it."
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

6 trying to convince people that Trump hasn't had words of solace for White Supremacists:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wuSqJG5bIKE/T ... syphus.jpg

The horse is out of the barn on this; it is clear as day that Trump will not suffer the loss of one White Supremacist's vote if he can help it.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:15 pm 6 trying to convince people that Trump hasn't had words of solace for White Supremacists:

The horse is out of the barn on this; it is clear as day that Trump will not suffer the loss of one White Supremacist's vote if he can help it.
seacoaster clinging to a malignant fallacy

You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”
“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” —Trump

Nonetheless, countless so-called journalists have furthered this damnable lie. For example, MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace responded that Trump had “given safe harbor to Nazis, to white supremacists.” Her NBC colleague Chuck Todd claimed Trump “gave me the wrong kind of chills. Honestly, I’m a bit shaken from what I just heard.” Not to be outdone, print also got in on the act, with the New York Times spewing the blatantly propagandist headline: “Trump Gives White Supremacists Unequivocal Boost.” How could the Times possibly reconcile that Trump, who admonished that the supremacists should be “condemned totally” somehow also delivered an “unequivocal boost” to those very same miscreants?Steve Cortes Real Clear Politics March 2019
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:24 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:15 pm 6 trying to convince people that Trump hasn't had words of solace for White Supremacists:

seacoaster clinging to a malignant fallacy

Man, I thought you looked pretty impressive pushing that rock.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

What we know for certain is that these hate groups sure do think Trump is on their side. They think he just needs to keep it on the down low at times, but they celebrate what they see as his support, again and again and again.

And he signals that support quite openly. Because they like and support him...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:30 pm

What we know for certain is that these hate groups sure do think Trump is on their side. They think he just needs to keep it on the down low at times, but they celebrate what they see as his support, again and again and again.

"Stand back and stand by, Proud Boys."
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:30 pm

I just proved what TRUMP SAID. From a reporter that follows him. From more than a year ago.

You're full of sh*t.

Return to “POLITICS”