Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DocBarrister

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by DocBarrister »

Actually, we Democrats (including me) predicted:

—That Donald Trump would be a boot-licking sycophant of Vladimir Putin;

—Would pursue racist policies;

—Was unfit for the presidency; and

—Would be the most dishonest and corrupt president in American history.

All of that has come true. So, I think my prognostication skills are far beyond yours.

Besides, at least I wasn’t stupid and reckless enough to support a sh*thole president like Donald Trump. That will be an indelible mark of shame on the Party of Stupid. Orrin Hatch has been wrong about most things, but he sure got the description of the Republican Party right.

It might be time for Trump supporters to offer their apologies for putting a bigoted, racist, lying piece of garbage like Trump in the Oval Office. So, please go ahead and apologize to the nation, Trumpsters. We’re waiting. ;)

DocBarrister :lol: 8-)
@DocBarrister
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Judicial Watch: It’s astonishing there were no FISA hearings for Carter Page!
Fire Mueller!

A McCarthy: Yeah, we don’t do FISA hearings.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DocBarrister wrote:Actually, we Democrats (including me) predicted:

All of that has come true. So, I think my prognostication skills are far beyond yours.

Besides, at least I wasn’t stupid and reckless enough to support a sh*thole president like Donald Trump. That will be an indelible mark of shame on the Party of Stupid. Orrin Hatch has been wrong about most things, but he sure got the description of the Republican Party right.

It might be time for Trump supporters to offer their apologies for putting a bigoted, racist, lying piece of garbage like Trump in the Oval Office. So, please go ahead and apologize to the nation, Trumpsters. We’re waiting. ;)

I don't doubt your sixth sense, Doc. A lawyer from California, who supports Hillary and Nifong would know what garbage looks like.

:lol:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump’s yelling at Jeff Sessions for indicting two gop Congressmen in safe seats. And Giuliani says: If it’s after Labor Day you can’t wear white and you can’t indict.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

How Robert Mueller Outfoxed Donald Trump

...so far...

"Special Counsel Robert Mueller faces a unique challenge in his investigation of Russian influence during the 2016 election. In addition to gathering information and prosecuting criminals, he has had to avoid getting fired by his resentful, mercurial, and unscrupulous commander-in-chief. Fifteen months into the investigation, he appears to have done a masterful job. By manipulating and distracting Donald Trump and his team of lawyers, he has not only preserved his job, he has maintained complete autonomy and seeded a cluster of spinoff investigations that will be nearly impossible for the White House to stifle. And despite Trump’s insistence that he’s “totally allowed” to intervene whenever he chooses, he won’t dare make a move this close to the midterm election, which means Mueller’s investigation will be protected for at least three more months."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Oddly, for hating Trump so much, Doc is the closest thing we have to him here at FanLax: From his gated community, we get crude name calling, the labeling and demonizing of entire groups of people for their beliefs/background, and undeserved and unsubstantiated bragadocio. All this AND he loves to flood the market early in the morning with his incoherent bathroom ramblings to control the East Coast news cycle.

I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

thatsmell wrote:

Oddly, for hating Trump so much, Doc is the closest thing we have to him here at FanLax: From his gated community, we get crude name calling, the labeling and demonizing of entire groups of people for their beliefs/background, and undeserved and unsubstantiated bragadocio. All this AND he loves to flood the market early in the morning with his incoherent bathroom ramblings to control the East Coast news cycle.

Thatsmell wins the internet for September!
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

thatsmell wrote:

Precious words from a former LaxPower mod who consistently forbade for years any discussion of Donald Trump’s racism. How can a racist BIRTHER like Donald Trump be discussed without referencing his racism? Do you understand even now how OBSCENE your biased censorship was?

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Hatten has been cooperating with Mueller since May. He faced a pile of serious charges and got off with a FARA beef. According to the pink haired guy, in 2014 Hatten polled Americans on Putin’s favorability for Cambridge Analytica.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Precious words from a former LaxPower mod who consistently forbade for years any discussion of Donald Trump’s racism. How can a racist BIRTHER like Donald Trump be discussed without referencing his racism? Do you understand even now how OBSCENE your biased censorship was?

DocBarrister 8-)
No one forbid discussion of Trump's racism, incompetence or nastiness at LP. We had a whole thread dedicated to it - Orange Duce.
I started the same thread here!

But we did whack posts when people couldn't hold a conversation about those topics in a civil, respectable manner. The name calling, taunting and flaming were the reasons some of your posts got whacked.

But you're no longer shackled by us pesky moderators any more. Please, post to your hearts content- display thy true self here!!!

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/us/p ... ation.html

Mueller will take some written answers on Russia.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Trinity wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/us/p ... ation.html

Mueller will take some written answers on Russia.
Looks like Trump’s apologist may have retired!! Ding Dong the witch is dead....
Would have liked to see the spin on the new book!
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

He’s here. He led me here. I sense him lurking like a submarine.
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote:He’s here. He led me here. I sense him lurking like a submarine.
On the “national security” board.... EDIT. I just checked that board.... my stomach hurts from laughing.
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

thatsmell wrote:

DocBarrister 8-)
No one forbid discussion of Trump's racism, incompetence or nastiness at LP. We had a whole thread dedicated to it - Orange Duce.
I started the same thread here!

But we did whack posts when people couldn't hold a conversation about those topics in a civil, respectable manner. The name calling, taunting and flaming were the reasons some of your posts got whacked.

But you're no longer shackled by us pesky moderators any more. Please, post to your hearts content- display thy true self here!!!

That is untrue and you know it. Just last month, I included a paragraph in a LaxPower post on what I called Trump’s racist anti-immigrant policy. No attacks on anyone except Trump and his racist anti-immigrant policy. But you deleted almost the entire paragraph.

During the presidential campaign, you deleted virtually any opinion or post that even suggested Trump or Trump’s policies were racist. You left posts alone (generally) where someone thought Trump was a moron, liar, incompetent, etc., but something about opining that Trump was a racist consistently triggered your editing or deletion button.

In some LaxPower posts, to get around your heavy-handed censorship, I simply posted quotes and links ... without any comment from me ... of New York Times or Washington Post articles discussing Trump’s racism or his racist policies. And STILL you deleted or heavily edited those posts. What was good enough for The NY Times or the Washington Post was apparently not good enough for you. High standards or biased moderating? Those particular edits and deletions of unadorned quotes from two of the world’s leading newspapers demonstrated that you were censoring the SUBJECT MATTER of Trump’s racism, not any purported violation of LaxPower rules.

That’s pretty unacceptable when it comes to discussions of a documented racist like Donald Trump (and the documentation begins with federal government housing documents from the early 1970s). You have never adequately explained your actions on this issue. I can only surmise that you didn’t want the many Trump supporters on the forum to be offended, but that isn’t enough of a reason to censor documented facts (simply put ... if nothing else ... Trump’s a Birther, which means Trump’s a RACIST ... end of discussion). Perhaps you don’t consider any discussion of racism as “civil”, but racism, especially in the Era of Trump, is among the most important topics for “civil” discussion that we could have here or on any other forum.

Whether you ever moderate another forum isn’t up to me. I’m sure moderating LaxPower was hard work. But your heavy hand in moderating LaxPower did not speak well about your objectivity and fairness.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

I dont believe in calling Trumpnistas or other groups with whom I disagree racists. When you make broad sweeping remarks about people, in an attempt to start a fight or light somone up, it was our job as moderators to edit or delete it.

As afan and others have noted your reputation is that of being "forever the partisan character." That is a nice way to put it. When somone disagrees with your team or your side you act very petulent. You're proving my point right now. It's no doubt you're a lawyer because you love to argue. About everything. Even when you don't have an opponent.

You wont have to worry about me editing your comments here. Go ahead and post to your hearts content- show us what type of person you are!

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

thatsmell wrote:I dont believe in calling Trumpnistas or other groups with whom I disagree racists. When you make broad sweeping remarks about people, in an attempt to start a fight or light someone up, it was our job as moderators to edit or delete it.
I get this and - largely - agree with the approach. UNTIL i "got it", i had plenty of posts deleted and edited, more the latter as i progressed into making an effort to clean up my unhappiness with certain posters positions...

That said, i ALSO think that Trump specifically, and Trump supporters generally, are not bashful about playing the race card whenever they see partisan advantage to doing so. Reagan's Southern Strategy - a Lee Atwater brainchild - was/is a real thing. Bandito's screeds notwithstanding, while southern Democrats in the first half of the 20th century undoubtedly DID participate in the rise of the KKK, the Dem "departure" from that attitude, perhaps in an effort to diversify and bring in folks of different ethnic and racial backgrounds, no doubt led many southern Democrats to jump to the Republican Party, which was eager to accept them as a solid voting block. That's a part of our national history that is complex and nuanced, to be sure...and i'm clearly no expert.

Trump being a racist is just ONE of his faults...and as long as we can be civil in our discussion of it...i see no reason to sweep that fact under the rug or ignore it. It very well may end up being what finally kicks him out of office when push comes to shove in 2020.

Personally, i think he resigns long before that, or finds some other excuse not to run...as the walls grow ever tighter around his history of lying and his penchant for making pacts/"deals" with unscrupulous, downright criminal elements...the further the law delves into his personal business affairs.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

dislaxxic wrote:
thatsmell wrote:I dont believe in calling Trumpnistas or other groups with whom I disagree racists. When you make broad sweeping remarks about people, in an attempt to start a fight or light someone up, it was our job as moderators to edit or delete it.
I get this and - largely - agree with the approach. UNTIL i "got it", i had plenty of posts deleted and edited, more the latter as i progressed into making an effort to clean up my unhappiness with certain posters positions...

That said, i ALSO think that Trump specifically, and Trump supporters generally, are not bashful about playing the race card whenever they see partisan advantage to doing so. Reagan's Southern Strategy - a Lee Atwater brainchild - was/is a real thing. Bandito's screeds notwithstanding, while southern Democrats in the first half of the 20th century undoubtedly DID participate in the rise of the KKK, the Dem "departure" from that attitude, perhaps in an effort to diversify and bring in folks of different ethnic and racial backgrounds, no doubt led many southern Democrats to jump to the Republican Party, which was eager to accept them as a solid voting block. That's a part of our national history that is complex and nuanced, to be sure...and i'm clearly no expert.

Trump being a racist is just ONE of his faults...and as long as we can be civil in our discussion of it...i see no reason to sweep that fact under the rug or ignore it. It very well may end up being what finally kicks him out of office when push comes to shove in 2020.

Personally, i think he resigns long before that, or finds some other excuse not to run...as the walls grow ever tighter around his history of lying and his penchant for making pacts/"deals" with unscrupulous, downright criminal elements...the further the law delves into his personal business affairs.

All one has to do is look at his deeds and listen to his words. Now that people get to see him more often and outside of the scope of his cultivated TV personality, many are seeing what people that have been around him in NY since the early 80s have always known. The guy ran a small family office and had hayseeds thinking he could run IBM. The RNC/GOP is just happy to have someone who will sign whatever they put in front of him so long as they appeal to his ego. God forbid someone with an actual brain to make decisions and challenge congress takes his place. Right now, the President works for congress despite how it appears on the surface.......they push back when they need to. After the mid terms, they may turn on him. Would not surprise me.
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Meanwhile, back at the Mueller probe

...an indictment of Roger Stone [false statements] may be imminent.

"Randy Credico, Jerome Corsi will testify before the Mueller grand jury on Friday [9/6/18]. That means that the grand jury will hear testimony from two people who can address the truth of two claims Roger Stone made before the House Intelligence Committee on September 26, 2017."

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/putins-fr ... sia-speech

Putin pal in DC had early access to Trump’s pro-Russian speech at the Mayflower. Nunes blocked any House inquiry.

Return to “POLITICS”