2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
RedFromMI

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by RedFromMI »

The Memo: Biden landslide creeps into view
https://thehill.com/homenews/the-memo/5 ... P4.twitter
A landslide victory for Joe Biden is now a realistic possibility.

The Democratic presidential nominee has a lead of around 10 percentage points over President Trump in national polling averages, and he is up across almost all the battleground states.

Trump faces low job approval ratings, bad marks for his handling of the coronavirus pandemic and an ever-decreasing number of opportunities to change the direction of the race.

The first debate has come and gone, and the second scheduled clash has been canceled. Only one more debate, set for Oct. 22, remains.

No challenger to an incumbent president since Bill Clinton almost 30 years ago has been in such a strong position as Biden with such a short period of time until Election Day.

Still, even Democrats are reluctant to talk out loud about a Biden landslide for fear of jinxing a monumental election or encouraging complacency. Many pundits are also hedging their bets, mindful of the 2016 experience.

The national polls four years ago were — contrary to public perception — not far off the eventual result. But state-level polls, especially in the Rust Belt and the Midwest, went seriously awry.

Democrat Hillary Clinton went into Election Day ahead in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin by 3.4 points, 1.9 points and 6.5 points respectively in the RealClearPolitics (RCP) polling averages. Trump carried all three states.

Trump aide Corey Lewandowski — the president’s first campaign manager in the 2016 cycle, now back on board for the 2020 effort — contended that the polls that year and the media’s coverage of them had amounted to “enormous misinformation.”

In a conference call with reporters Monday morning, Lewandowski said, “Our internal numbers — and we are very confident of where our numbers are — continue to show a very different story” from the public polls.

Still, Biden’s lead in some key battlegrounds is greater than Clinton’s was four years ago. He is about 7 points ahead in the RCP averages in both Michigan and Pennsylvania. He is almost 4 points up in Florida. New polls on Monday from the New York Times-Siena College put Biden ahead by 10 points in Wisconsin and 8 points in Michigan.

Caution is still the watchword for many experts who acknowledge that the president cannot be counted out. But the flip side — a Biden victory by a thumping margin — is also well within the realms of possibility.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:25 am
a fan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:02 pm :lol: :lol: Keep playing with fire, Republicans. Make it so no one trusts our elections. Gee whiz golly, I can't think of anything that could go wrong with these games you're playing. Keep it up.

California Republican Party Admits It Placed Misleading Ballot Boxes Around State
Government officials say the receptacles are illegal and could lead to voter fraud, but the party says it will continue the practice.

Gee, what do you think the obvious response from the Dems who run the State of California might be if they want to be corrupt POS too?

It took me all of two seconds to come up with the corrupt response....

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/us/p ... A-k3hMso64
I think the cow is already out of the barn on trusting our elections a Fan. It seems to be more of a belief than ever that our election system is pretty hinky. I think we should allow early voting for POTUS 2024 on 1/22/20. Let's get them votes in good and early. You don't need a candidate, just vote strait party line.
What happens when you have ELECTION MONTH instead of election day. Ans switch to Mail In ballots with no experience
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:37 am Big deal in our little state:

https://www.wmur.com/article/nh-primary ... t/34339321#
Yes.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:38 am
a fan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:02 pm :lol: :lol: Keep playing with fire, Republicans. Make it so no one trusts our elections. Gee whiz golly, I can't think of anything that could go wrong with these games you're playing. Keep it up.

California Republican Party Admits It Placed Misleading Ballot Boxes Around State
Government officials say the receptacles are illegal and could lead to voter fraud, but the party says it will continue the practice.

Gee, what do you think the obvious response from the Dems who run the State of California might be if they want to be corrupt POS too?

I think the cow is already out of the barn on trusting our elections a Fan. It seems to be more of a belief than ever that our election system is pretty hinky. I think we should allow early voting for POTUS 2024 on 1/22/20. Let's get them votes in good and early. You don't need a candidate, just vote strait party line.
What happens when you have ELECTION MONTH instead of election day. Ans switch to Mail In ballots with no experience
That is a very good reason why the election results this year could turn into a legal nightmare. I doubt the country will know who the next POTUS will be until all the legal challenges to be put forth are all sorted out. Even with early voting the window of opportunity does not have to be one month. I understand they are counting ballots in some early voting districts. I wonder how long until some of these results start leaking out to the press. What could possibly go wrong? :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

More people vote. I thought that was the ENTIRE point to our way of life, 6foot?

I've said it on this site for years. When Republican run States stop doing the things that you yourself are complaining about......not voting in person, early voting, accepting votes on any day except elections day, accepting votes without an ID.....you'll have a leg to stand on.

Every Republican run State allows these thing.

So either fix the problem in your own States, or stop complaining.

As I've said this is a fake issue. Your R leaders are winding you up, with NO INTENTION of holding the States that they run to these voting standards you're asking for, 6ft. They're LYING to you.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Damn Russian in Virginia: https://wtop.com/virginia/2020/10/virgi ... istration/

Virginia’s online voter registration website went down Tuesday morning on the final day of voter registration before the 2020 election because of a cut fiber cable, according to the Department of Elections.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:51 am

That is a very good reason why the election results this year could turn into a legal nightmare. I doubt the country will know who the next POTUS will be until all the legal challenges to be put forth are all sorted out. Even with early voting the window of opportunity does not have to be one month. I understand they are counting ballots in some early voting districts. I wonder how long until some of these results start leaking out to the press. What could possibly go wrong? :roll:
16 states can begin to count prior to Election Day. Only North Carolina and Ohio are likely to be close. Both GOP run.

https://thefulcrum.us/voting/when-are-a ... ts-counted
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:01 am

More people vote. I thought that was the ENTIRE point to our way of life, 6foot?

I've said it on this site for years. When Republican run States stop doing the things that you yourself are complaining about......not voting in person, early voting, accepting votes on any day except elections day, accepting votes without an ID.....you'll have a leg to stand on.

As I've said this is a fake issue. Your R leaders are winding you up, with NO INTENTION of holding the States that they run to these voting standards you're asking for, 6ft. They're LYING to you.
My buddy in South Carolina voted today. He said it was a long line but went quickly. He mentioned a new type of machine. I believe it populated a straight party ticket and you may have to de-select if you vote across party lines. I will ask him later.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:02 pm

16 states can begin to count prior to Election Day. Only North Carolina and Ohio are likely to be close. Both GOP run.

Hopefully some of that early balloting will be leaked out to the public before election day. It sure would be nice to know which candidate has the early lead. ;)
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Pretty sure Florida should be on that list, too.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:27 pm

Hopefully some of that early balloting will be leaked out to the public before election day. It sure would be nice to know which candidate has the early lead. ;)
Is this new?
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:14 pm

My buddy in South Carolina voted today. He said it was a long line but went quickly. He mentioned a new type of machine. I believe it populated a straight party ticket and you may have to de-select if you vote across party lines. I will ask him later.
Sounds like a potential hanging chad issue in the making. The having to de-select who you want to vote for could be very confusing. If folks in Florida could not figure out who to punch out for in 2000 I don't see this being much different. If you have to make some people think about what they are doing it will become problematic.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:43 pm

Sounds like a potential hanging chad issue in the making. The having to de-select who you want to vote for could be very confusing. If folks in Florida could not figure out who to punch out for in 2000 I don't see this being much different. If you have to make some people think about what they are doing it will become problematic.
Seemed strange to me. I am going to ask him to confirm it. He said he used something like a Q-Tip to make selections and he said it populated fields down the party line.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:46 pm

Seemed strange to me. I am going to ask him to confirm it. He said he used something like a Q-Tip to make selections and he said it populated fields down the party line.
Don't let trump hear about this. ;)
Bob Ross:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

I voted in SC using the same machines (new starting with the presidential primaries and provided printed lists of who you voted for). Was a little surprised to even see a straight line party vote, as it had been a while, so I just did not select it (a lot of races in the South in general just have one party to vote for, but not all). That way I could decide to vote for either party if appropriate. But if you vote a straight ticket - it just means that. It will select all the Ds or Rs or whatever party you chose, and you have no choice of any other races.

The new machines are far better than the old ones (old ones were a black box - you selected and then the vote was recorded without any sort of way of knowing if it was recorded that way).

The Q-tip is to keep it sanitary for COVID.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:50 pm

I voted in SC using the same machines (new starting with the presidential primaries and provided printed lists of who you voted for). Was a little surprised to even see a straight line party vote, as it had been a while, so I just did not select it (a lot of races in the South in general just have one party to vote for, but not all). That way I could decide to vote for either party if appropriate. But if you vote a straight ticket - it just means that. It will select all the Ds or Rs or whatever party you chose, and you have no choice of any other races.

The new machines are far better than the old ones (old ones were a black box - you selected and then the vote was recorded without any sort of way of knowing if it was recorded that way).

The Q-tip is to keep it sanitary for COVID.
I hope it works out well for the voters in SC. I still long for the mechanical machines we use to have in NYS. You pull the curtain closed and the selections were there for all the party lines. You could see who you were voting for no matter what line you chose to vote. You clicked the lever for all your choices and pulled open the curtain and in a very low tech way your vote was recorded on nothing more than a glorified adding machine. They worked flawlessly for many decades with never a problem. then the powers that be decided not to leave well enough alone and venture into the land of high technology.
Bob Ross:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Cradle - those machines did not always work flawlessly.

And they were notorious for actually breaking down. And still do.

If it is a machine it can break!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

And then there's this crazy Mofo:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/giul ... phia-covid

“People don’t die of this disease anymore,” Giuliani said, before baselessly insisting that “young people don’t die at all” and that “middle age people die very little”

“And even elderly people have only 1 percent chance of dying,” Giuliani said, without evidence.

Giuliani’s latest rosy picture of COVID-19 comes amid Trump’s return to the campaign trail despite an outbreak among those in his orbit, which included a rally in Florida on Monday night when he doubled down on his unfounded assertion that he’s now immune to COVID-19 after being diagnosed and hospitalized for it less than two weeks ago.

“I went through it, now they say I’m immune,” Trump said at his Florida rally on Monday night. “I feel so powerful, I’ll watch into that audience, I’ll walk in there, I’ll kiss everyone in that audience. I’ll kiss the guys and the beautiful women.”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:22 pm And then there's this crazy Mofo:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/giul ... phia-covid

“People don’t die of this disease anymore,” Giuliani said, before baselessly insisting that “young people don’t die at all” and that “middle age people die very little”

“And even elderly people have only 1 percent chance of dying,” Giuliani said, without evidence.

Giuliani’s latest rosy picture of COVID-19 comes amid Trump’s return to the campaign trail despite an outbreak among those in his orbit, which included a rally in Florida on Monday night when he doubled down on his unfounded assertion that he’s now immune to COVID-19 after being diagnosed and hospitalized for it less than two weeks ago.

“I went through it, now they say I’m immune,” Trump said at his Florida rally on Monday night. “I feel so powerful, I’ll watch into that audience, I’ll walk in there, I’ll kiss everyone in that audience. I’ll kiss the guys and the beautiful women.”
Takeaway truth...he won't kiss the ugly women....
Probably the only true aspect of his delusional ramblings.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:24 pm Cradle - those machines did not always work flawlessly.

And they were notorious for actually breaking down. And still do.

If it is a machine it can break!
That is why they were refurbished and tested every year before an election. I never heard of any of these machines chitting the bed on the day of an election. They were mechanical but for some strange reason in all the years i voted on them there was never a hanging chad issue. ;) If you could flip a lever you had complete confidence your vote was being counted. There were almost zero issues in a century of use. The people that designed them did something right.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”