All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

seacoaster

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:21 am Follow Joe's lead, not the science. :roll: :lol:

This is what you are reduced to. It's a little sad.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:03 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:21 am Follow Joe's lead, not the science. :roll: :lol:

This is what you are reduced to. It's a little sad.
Yep. I have no idea where a person comes across that kind of stuff...
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:02 am
Naahhh masks don’t help. It’s just virtue signaling and a way to infringe upon people’s rights not to wear a mask. Mask-less Lives Matter
disagree. there's even several studies linked i've seen before that give at least decent, if small and imperfect, data that good masks could be effective.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:29 pm
Naahhh masks don’t help. It’s just virtue signaling and a way to infringe upon people’s rights not to wear a mask. Mask-less Lives Matter
disagree. there's even several studies linked i've seen before that give at least decent, if small and imperfect, data that good masks could be effective.
Liberal elite science. Fauci said we didn’t need a mask early on in the spread. That means masks don’t help and he didn’t know any better.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:36 pm
Liberal elite science. Fauci said we didn’t need a mask early on in the spread. That means masks don’t help and he didn’t know any better.
then we should get a new guy in there.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:36 pm
then we should get a new guy in there.
Absolutely. The groundskeeper from Trump’s NYC golf course will do just as well.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

my boys at ihme getting more pub on cnn with a new huge projection. citing the hop as source, tho, and no mention of wash. maybe some movement afoot in the p.r. dept in the short term.

tbd.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:48 pm my boys at ihme getting more pub on cnn with a new huge projection. citing the hop as source, tho, and no mention of wash. maybe some movement afoot in the p.r. dept in the short term.

tbd.
We will see where it heads. Most of the spread has been among young people that don’t die at the same rate....we will see if the spread among the general population has a meaningful uptick. Hospitalizations is the number to watch but we are better at treating it. Heard from a friend today that had it back in April. He said it wasn’t too bad for him.
“I wish you would!”
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

There was a time when one who went to Windows Of The World would not be admitted without a jacket. A jacket would be provided from coat room to anyone who wanted in.

There was, and still is in most situations, a time if one went to certain country club or municipal course for a round of golf in tee shirt and jeans or cargo pants one would have to put on a collared shirt and long pants or regular shorts or purchase from clubhouse same to tee off.

Folk who wanted to participate did it with ne're a word.

It would be grand to see these mask haters on the heart surgeons' table with no one in room wearing a mask for an open heart procedure the hater needs to undergo to live another day, to see if then, they would change their tune.
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:02 am Naahhh masks don’t help. It’s just virtue signaling and a way to infringe upon people’s rights not to wear a mask. Mask-less Lives Matter
The parent, not the coach.
Typical Lax Dad

Jim Malone wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:03 pm There was a time when one who went to Windows Of The World would not be admitted without a jacket. A jacket would be provided from coat room to anyone who wanted in.

There was, and still is in most situations, a time if one went to certain country club or municipal course for a round of golf in tee shirt and jeans or cargo pants one would have to put on a collared shirt and long pants or regular shorts or purchase from clubhouse same to tee off.

It would be grand to see these mask haters on the heart surgeons' table with no one in room wearing a mask for an open heart procedure the hater needs to undergo to live another day, to see if then, they would change their tune.
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:02 am Naahhh masks don’t help. It’s just virtue signaling and a way to infringe upon people’s rights not to wear a mask. Mask-less Lives Matter
Yep. Surgeons have a right not to wear a mask too! Waiters shouldn’t have to wash their hands either!

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Jim Malone wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:03 pm There was a time when one who went to Windows Of The World would not be admitted without a jacket. A jacket would be provided from coat room to anyone who wanted in.

who are the mask haters? i don't get it.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:33 pmwho are the mask haters? i don't get it.
Turn on Alabama vs. Ole Miss ;)
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

holmes435 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:44 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:33 pmwho are the mask haters? i don't get it.
Turn on Alabama vs. Ole Miss ;)
hahaha
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Donny Dump exerts great leadership in the White Wash House. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

WHO dr. walking back lockdowns a bit. Is this a call to “get back to work.....safely”. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.news.c ... 7731c3da74

As Fauci even stated, let’s get the curve flattened, which was done months ago, and the lockdown was indeed to buy us time for PPE and safety for health care workers.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:37 pm WHO dr. walking back lockdowns a bit. Is this a call to “get back to work.....safely”. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.news.c ... 7731c3da74

As Fauci even stated, let’s get the curve flattened, which was done months ago, and the lockdown was indeed to buy us time for PPE and safety for health care workers.
I believe folks have been getting back to work safely for some time. Have you not seen it?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-lock ... yURL_share

Going back to life pre Covid is not likely for some time. Some industries will be disproportionately impacted. A byproduct of health concerns. Airlines, hotels, vacations, bars & restaurants....rich people’s problems really.
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Voices from the Pandemic
‘What are we so afraid of?’
Tony Green, on dismissing, denying, contracting and spreading the coronavirus
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... rc404=true
When President Trump got sick, I had this moment of deja vu back to when I first woke up in the hospital. I know what it’s like to be humiliated by this virus. I used to call it the “scamdemic.” I thought it was an overblown media hoax. I made fun of people for wearing masks. I went all the way down the rabbit hole and fell hard on my own sword, so if you want to hate me or blame me, that’s fine. I’m doing plenty of that myself.

The party was my idea. That’s what I can’t get over. Well, I mean, it wasn’t even a party — more like a get-together. There were just six of us, okay? My parents, my partner, and my partner’s parents. We’d been locked down for months at that point in Texas, and the governor had just come out and said small gatherings were probably okay. We’re a close family, and we hadn’t been together in forever. It was finally summer. I thought the worst was behind us. I was like: “Hell, let’s get on with our lives. What are we so afraid of?”
[Story on how he and his partner (storyteller is a gay conservative) hosted a house party of relatives and how the coronavirus spread...]
My father-in-law’s probably my best friend. It’s an unconventional relationship. He’s 52, only nine years older than me, and we hit it off right away. He runs a construction company, and I would tag along on his jobs and ride with him around Dallas. I’ve been through a lot in my life — from food stamps to Ferraris and then back again — so I could tell a good story and make him laugh. He builds these 20,000-square-foot custom homes, but he’d been renting his whole life. We decided to go in together on 10 acres outside Dallas, and he was finally getting ready to build his own house. We’d already done the plumbing and gotten streets built on the property. We’d planted 50 pecans and oaks to give the property some shade. He had his blueprints all drawn up. It was all he wanted to talk about.

He was on supplemental oxygen, but the doctors kept reducing the amount he was getting. They thought he was getting better. He was still making jokes, so I wasn’t all that worried. He told me: “They’ve got you upstairs in the Cadillac rooms because you’re White, but all of us Mexicans are still down here in the ER.” I got sent home, and I had a lot of guilt about leaving him there. I called him at the hospital, and I was like: “I’m going to come bust you out Mission Impossible style.” He said he preferred El Chapo style. We were laughing so hard. I hung up, and a few hours later I got a call from my mother-in-law. She was hysterical. She could barely speak. She said one of his lungs had collapsed and the other was filling with fluid. They put him on a ventilator, and he lay there on life support for six or seven weeks. There was never any goodbye. He was just gone. It’s like the world swallowed him up. We could only have 10 people at the funeral, and I didn’t make that list.

I break down sometimes, but mostly I’m empty. Am I glad to be alive? I don’t know. I don’t know how to answer that.

There’s no relief. This virus, I can’t escape it. It’s torn up our family. It’s all over my Facebook. It’s the election. It’s Trump. It’s what I keep thinking about. How many people would have gotten sick if I’d never hosted that weekend? One? Maybe two? The grief comes in waves, but that guilt just sits.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:40 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:37 pm WHO dr. walking back lockdowns a bit. Is this a call to “get back to work.....safely”. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.news.c ... 7731c3da74

I believe folks have been getting back to work safely for some time. Have you not seen it?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-lock ... yURL_share

Going back to life pre Covid is not likely for some time. Some industries will be disproportionately impacted. A byproduct of health concerns. Airlines, hotels, vacations, bars & restaurants....rich people’s problems really.
Then why are places still not allowing businesses to open, churches to open, arguing for a Zoom debate? It has gotten out of hand. Teachers and schools had summer school but are complaining about full time in school classes but are okay with a couple days a week. It’s turned into a perpetual debilitating state of indecision.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”