Navy 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
youthathletics

Re: Navy 2020

Post by youthathletics »

gymman1031 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:26 pm Navy is doing some tremendous recruiting from the powerful Annapolis Hawks. I recently made a post saying I think that, if you combine several factors together, very few coaches are recruiting better than Amplo.
TBD. All I can say to those recruited players....fix the part of your game that you know needs work.....right now. Your stick work must be better than it is now. Come in with no off hand and your chances to play go up, come in being the guy that wins most the GB's and your chances to play go up, if you play defense and rely on your stick over your footwork...get your footwork fixed. Your potential and a gamble, is why the coach recruited you, prove them right.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

St. Joseph's Coughlin commits to Navy lacrosse
CT Post
The dream began at a football game, but it's lacrosse that'll take Jack Coughlin to Navy. The St. Joseph junior midfielder said he went to a ...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

Nicely done by John Daly...and barefoot too :o ... for the Navy SEALS at the Bone Frog Open in VA this past weekend.
https://golf.com/news/john-daly-made-mo ... -one-ever/

John Daly made the most John Daly hole-in-one ever
BY: JESSICA MARKSBURY OCTOBER 6, 2020

John Daly has a reputation as one of golf’s most relatable good-time guys. The two-time major champion rocked a mullet for years, writes and records his own country music and sports multi-colored Loudmouth ensembles while competing on the PGA Champions Tour. He’s pro golf’s original long bomber, and has been described by many as one of the most talented players in the game’s history.

That talent was on full display on Sunday at the Federal Club in Glen Allen, Va., where Daly was playing in the Bone Frog Open, a charity pro-am benefiting the families of fallen Navy SEALs.

Federal Club golf professional Josh Price just happened to have video rolling for Daly’s shot on the par-3 11th hole, which is 121 yards long from the white tees. It turned out to be pretty fortuitous timing, because Daly, in true John Daly fashion, was barefoot and sans hat, and just about to take a swing with what looks like a wedge.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF_G_zKl4Bb ... atch_again

BOOM! You wouldn’t know it by Daly’s reaction, but his playing partners’ celebration gives it away. Hole-in-one! As they congratulate him, Daly cheekily notes, “That makes 11 of those mother—….” before noticing the video rolling and stopping.

Eleven aces?! Consider us very envious. Don’t ever change, Long John!
AreaLax

Re: Navy 2021

Post by AreaLax »

Brigade of Midshipmen to attend Saturday night’s NavyFB game against Temple.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

AreaLax wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:19 pm Brigade of Midshipmen to attend Saturday night’s NavyFB game against Temple.
Beat me to it....story here. https://governor.maryland.gov/2020/10/0 ... ball-game/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

This is a good omen !
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Two great games yesterday, both the service
academy games, got the Navy game on tape
so I will rewatch,

no line on Xavier Arline in the box score for yesterday’s game.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Based on the last 3 games, looks like Xavier's now #4 on the depth chart, behind a Sr, Soph & Jr.
...but he could still be the QB of the future.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Depth chart psychology?
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

Just my hunch, based on the last 3 games.

At AF, with Morris out, Goslin got the start as soon as he became eligible, then Maynor (not Xavier) replaced him. Right now, the depth chart lists : (1) Morris (2) Goslin (3) Xavier

If Morris holds onto the job, stays healthy & no one establishes themselves as the heir apparent, I think they go into spring ball with the QB position wide open.

KN said he waited too long to go with Malcom Perry as his starting QB & should have stuck with him through early struggles.
I sense that KN sees another Malcom in Xavier & does not intend to repeat what he sees as a mistake.
Someone else may emerge, but of the QB's we've seen, I think Xavier has the biggest potential long term upside.
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

Joe Amplo and his staff put Navy back on the right track in year one. Year two will be about seeing exactly how close they are to the standard many expect from Navy.
https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/10/14/n ... -schedule/
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

HAHA! Navy had the #1 recruiting class--how many did Amplo recruit? He developed Marquette into one of the top programs in the region--the upper midwest?? Basically the only team in the region! He "led" Navy to a 3-2 record with wins over Furman, Manhattan & Colgate--the combined record of those 3 teams....wait for it: 4-15...the 4 wins were VMI, Wagner, NJIT & Hampton!! Enjoy the honeymoon Joes, the vultures will be circling soon!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:32 pm KN said he waited too long to go with Malcom Perry as his starting QB & should have stuck with him through early struggles.
I sense that KN sees another Malcom in Xavier & does not intend to repeat what he sees as a mistake.
Someone else may emerge, but of the QB's we've seen, I think Xavier has the biggest potential long term upside.
Glad Malcom stayed.
~Livy

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Win
Win
6C5AD28C-0A17-43BC-8AC6-2D68D482B6AF.jpeg (87.12 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

West Point had that sewn on their uniform in 2011.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:53 pm West Point had that sewn on their uniform in 2011.
With the anchor? :)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Army-Navy game at Michie Stadium
Dec. 12th :!: :!:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”