2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:04 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:48 pm I'm "the only one" here invested in the outcome of the POTUS election? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You still don't get it: no one wins this November, Pete. Wake up.
Finally we're on the same page.
We've been on the same page for years. Most posters here are on that very same page. You just miss a ton of my posts. Or at least I think that's the problem.

Most of our arguments during Obama, for example? What was me hitting back at the laughable idea that Obama was a far left lib.

I was right, of course. Obama and his Congress served the same masters that Trump and his did: the multinational 1%ers. The only thing that changes? It's WHICH multinational 1%ers take the money. BFD.

Old Salt? Who I argue with when it comes to anything Trump? I'd put his policies on just about anything....immigration, foreign policy, etc......with zero hesitation. Our leaders are screwing us all, and have been for sometime.

Where you and I clash? It's on the idea that everything Trump does is awesome, and everything the Dems do is bad, regardless of subject. It's silly, and I know you don't actually think like that....you're just stubborn.

Heck, we all are! :lol: ;)

So nope, Biden won't fix doodly if he's elected, when it comes to America's glaring problems. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
njbill

Post by njbill »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:04 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:48 pm I'm "the only one" here invested in the outcome of the POTUS election? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You still don't get it: no one wins this November, Pete. Wake up.
Finally we're on the same page.

Democrats want to create enough chaos and confusion to force the election into the house.
:roll:

You might want to read up on your constitution.
njbill

Post by njbill »

So now Trump, the master negotiator, wants to postpone the second debate. Biden agreed to delay it one week. Trump then said he wanted to postpone the third debate by a week as well. At this point, Biden said he wouldn’t agree to change the schedule.

I guess they didn’t teach leverage at Trump university.

I suspect Trump will end up caving in one manner or another. Either he will agree to a virtual debate next week or, more likely, he will end up agreeing to have only one more debate, on October 22.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Puerto Rico's Governor endorses Orange Duce, according to POLITICO
On its surface, this story looks like very good news for Donald Trump. Puerto Rico's Governor, Wanda Vázquez, just endorsed his reelection bid. Trump and Joe Biden are fighting tooth and nail for Latino voters, and Vázquez is a prominent Latina. More specifically, the two campaigns are trying desperately to win over Florida Latinos, and that state just so happens to be home to a lot of Puerto Ricans. Every little bit—and every endorsement—helps, right?

Maybe not so much. To start, there is little evidence that the opinion of Puerto Ricans on the island has much of an impact on Puerto Ricans on the mainland. And even if it did, Vázquez is not the influencer her office might seem to suggest. She was not elected governor; she was elevated to that office when the previous governor resigned amid a wave of protests and scandals. And when she ran for election in her own right, Vázquez was primaried—badly. So, she's not someone who has captured the hearts and minds of sizable numbers of Puerto Rican voters.

And the story actually gets worse (potentially). For nearly three years, since Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico hard, Trump has been unwilling to extend further aid beyond the original amount that was appropriated. Then, a couple of weeks ago, he changed course and announced that $13 billion would be awarded to assist in the repair of the island's electrical and educational infrastructure. Vázquez' endorsement came shortly thereafter. Can you say "quid pro quo"? Obviously, the close proximity of those two events is not irrefutable proof of corrupt behavior, but there is certainly enough smoke there that a future Justice Department might take a look into it to see if there is any fire.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:48 pm So now Trump, the master negotiator, wants to postpone the second debate. Biden agreed to delay it one week. Trump then said he wanted to postpone the third debate by a week as well. At this point, Biden said he wouldn’t agree to change the schedule.

I suspect Trump will end up caving in one manner or another. Either he will agree to a virtual debate next week or, more likely, he will end up agreeing to have only one more debate, on October 22.
Nancy and Chuck have left him like a hobo on the street with his pockets turned inside out.....about to roll him again.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:58 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:48 pm So now Trump, the master negotiator, wants to postpone the second debate. Biden agreed to delay it one week. Trump then said he wanted to postpone the third debate by a week as well. At this point, Biden said he wouldn’t agree to change the schedule.

Nancy and Chuck have left him like a hobo on the street with his pockets turned inside out.....about to roll him again.

This Nancy who doesn't wear a mask?

Nancy.jpg
Nancy.jpg (55.15 KiB) Viewed 816 times
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:58 pm In terms of blame, the primary culprit is the Secretary of State. Sounds like he was overreaching. But, yes, the counties probably should not have flouted his order without a judicial ruling saying they could do so.

I think this is all a pretty easy fix. If you live in one of the counties and got a pre-printed ballot, you simply go online, print the form out, fill it in, and mail it back. It’s really not a problem of notice because you got the pre-printed ballot which you now know has been invalidated.

Or, as I said, go vote in person on election day. You will know you need to do that when you don’t get your absentee ballot in the mail.

Yes, at least some of these counties are more Democratic than Republican, but at the end of the day, who knows whether this will help or hurt Trump. They sent these pre-printed applications out to all registered voters, as I understand it. How many of them, regardless of party, wouldn’t end up voting anyway?

I would guess a Democratic voter would be more likely to be aware of the problem and take the necessary corrective steps then would a Republican voter who might simply sit around waiting for their absentee ballot to come in the mail. And then the deadline may pass.
that's quite a few republican talking points on options and workarounds!

from what i saw, sos didn't do too much overreaching. got approval, state laws were drawn up (below).

as far as blame... my assignment was on the timeline (and action/inaction). directive was approved by legislative council (bipartisan unanimously) on july 17.

then they decide to send out anyway even though they end up losing all rulings. trying to subvert permission and ask for forgiveness later cost them at least 6-7 weeks, and who knows how much time, energy, $$, resources that adds up to. and now they're in worse shape than ever before on it. and it's another month plus past losing rulings on it that republicans initiated, not them.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 445343001/

https://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2020/07 ... -the-mail/

https://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2020/08 ... -requests/

it does at least look like to me iowa and sos got a lot of buy in over the summer by being relatively progressive and open to mail ins. they ultimately had a directive (and laws?) precluding fill ins, and democrats decided to "push the envelope", (no pun intended) and miscalculated and worked in the wrong order.

yeah, there are other avenues, but that's a red argument. mail in requests were coming in 2 to 1 statewide, i believe. maybe moreso from these counties.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Not sure what you mean by Republican talking points. Just the opposite really. I think all this is just as likely to hurt Trump as it does Biden. But unquestionably it may suppress the vote which is a bad thing.

Questionable in my mind whether the secretary of state had the authority to micromanage ballots on the local level. Actually, the counties did win one ruling. The matter is now before the Supreme Court, though it is Republican controlled so I don’t hold out a lot of hope.

But let’s get back to the fundamental point of why the secretary of state didn’t want the pre-printed information on the forms. We know the answer to that. I get pre-printed forms in the mail and online all the time. They save everybody time and effort. If information has changed, you correct it.

The irony is this probably isn’t going to help Trump win Iowa. In any event, Iowa is just gravy for Joe at this point.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Nancy.jpg
You seem like a loser.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:18 pm

Nancy.jpg
You seem like a loser.

Because I point out the heroine of your fable is a maskless hypocrite?

:lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Nancy.jpg
You seem like a loser.

No. Because your life “seems” to revolve around politics. I am sure that’s not the case but that’s the way it comes across. You make yourself look like a loser and I am certain you are not.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:26 pm

Nancy.jpg
You seem like a loser.

No. Because your life “seems” to revolve around politics. I am sure that’s not the case but that’s the way it comes across. You make yourself look like a loser and I am certain you are not.

Area guy who's posted 2x as much as me says I'm a loser because 'I post too much about politics'...

Keep going with this...fascinated!

Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:26 pm

Nancy.jpg
You seem like a loser.

Area guy who's posted 2x as much as me says I'm a loser because 'I post too much about politics'...

Keep going with this...fascinated!

You seem to follow politicians. Beyond just this site. Anyway, Nancy is part of the ruling class.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:14 pm Not sure what you mean by Republican talking points. Just the opposite really. I think all this is just as likely to hurt Trump as it does Biden. But unquestionably it may suppress the vote which is a bad thing.

Questionable in my mind whether the secretary of state had the authority to micromanage ballots on the local level. Actually, the counties did win one ruling. The matter is now before the Supreme Court, though it is Republican controlled so I don’t hold out a lot of hope.

But let’s get back to the fundamental point of why the secretary of state didn’t want the pre-printed information on the forms. We know the answer to that. I get pre-printed forms in the mail and online all the time. They save everybody time and effort. If information has changed, you correct it.

The irony is this probably isn’t going to help Trump win Iowa. In any event, Iowa is just gravy for Joe at this point.
by repub talk points, i meant... "well, they can do these other things instead".

i actually side with all the partisans and lawyers on this one... hurts dems, so helps reps. but it wouldn't be the first time attorneys are wrong, amirite?

as far as sos motivations... subscribe whatever value to security, ease of voting, suppression, uniformity and fairness that you'd like! fo sho.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Oh, don’t get me wrong, this certainly could hurt the Dems. But that isn’t a given. I’ve tried to spell out some reasons why I think it might not.

Once you subtract out the people who won’t vote and then figure out how many of the affected voters end up voting anyway, my guess is there won’t be a huge Dem vs. Rep difference in terms of the actual vote compared to what it would have been absent this snafu.

Enough to decide Iowa? Unlikely in my view, but mathematically possible of course.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

with 3 reps and a junior senator in play, i will now be watching iowa for that. those results maybe much more impactful, particularly the latter. surprised that 3 out of 4 representatives from iowa are blue.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:13 pm with 3 reps and a junior senator in play, i will now be watching iowa for that. those results maybe much more impactful, particularly the latter. surprised that 3 out of 4 representatives from iowa are blue.
... two polls released this AM have Ernst losing by about 5 points in one and 3 points in the other.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:22 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:13 pm with 3 reps and a junior senator in play, i will now be watching iowa for that. those results maybe much more impactful, particularly the latter. surprised that 3 out of 4 representatives from iowa are blue.
... two polls released this AM have Ernst losing by about 5 points in one and 3 points in the other.
i meant election results.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trump campaign adviser Harlan Hill will no longer be allowed on Fox News after tweeting during the vice presidential debate Wednesday night that Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) is an “insufferable lying b!tch,” Mediaite reports.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:24 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:22 pm
i meant election results.
... I understood. Iowa will be interesting.

Return to “POLITICS”