All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Peter Brown

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:58 pm I can only speak to PA. You are familiar with the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruling, I assume. That has been appealed to the Supreme Court. The Republicans’ brief was due on Monday. I haven’t heard anything since then. In particular, I haven’t heard whether the court has voted on taking the case.

I assume you mean pre-election day counting of ballots. Pennsylvania law is that ballots can’t be counted until election day.

The Republicans in the legislature and the governor have been haggling about this for sometime now. Last I heard, the Republican proposal was three days before the election. The governor’s was three weeks. But the Republican’s was coupled with banning drop boxes, which the governor won’t agree to.

So, still at an impasse. If not resolved, then Pennsylvania results will no doubt dribble out periodically.

Will Trump get more than Romney's ZERO votes in 6 districts in Philly this time around, or was the embarrassment of that kind of obvious ballot fraud so much that they will make at least a handful of Trump ballots?
njbill

Post by njbill »

You mean the districts that had about 10 voters each? Need to do a little homework there, Pete.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:03 pm You mean the districts that had about 10 voters each? Need to do a little homework there, Pete.

19,605 to 0 seems like a few more than '10 votes' in 6 divisions. For all you wannabe politicians, please note that only Democrats can be this obviously corrupt, mostly because city hall has your back when it comes to fake voting.

Nice score if you can get it, by the way...how much cash did that run, njbill?

:lol:

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news/po ... votes.html
njbill

Post by njbill »

That article was from eight years ago, right after the 2012 election. It has long been debunked around these parts.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:22 pm That article was from eight years ago, right after the 2012 election. It has long been debunked around these parts.

I guess The Philadelphia Enquirer didn't get the message that you debunked the story since their story is still alive and online, as well as hundreds of other liberal websites. You should complain to Google.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Meanwhile, away from Stupid Guy with an internet connection....

From the Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

Rick Bright, an immunologist and vaccine researcher, is the former director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority.

"Of all the tools required for an effective U.S. response to the coronavirus pandemic, one that is sorely missing is the truth. Public health guidance on the pandemic response, drafted by career scientists at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, has been repeatedly overruled by political staff appointed by the Trump administration. Career scientists throughout the Department of Health and Human Services hesitate to push back when science runs counter to the administration’s unrealistically optimistic pronouncements.

Public health and safety have been jeopardized by the administration’s hostility to the truth and by its politicization of the pandemic response, undoubtedly leading to tens of thousands of preventable deaths. For that reason, and because the administration has in effect barred me from working to fight the pandemic, I resigned on Tuesday from the National Institutes of Health.

Until April, I had for almost four years been director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority. When I strongly objected this past spring to the Trump administration’s insistence that BARDA support widespread access to chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, two potentially dangerous drugs recklessly promoted by President Trump as a covid-19 cure, I was shunted to NIH and assigned a more limited role in the pandemic response.

My task at NIH was to help launch a program expanding national covid-19 testing capacity. The program is well underway and should reach nearly 1 million daily tests by the end of the year. Since early September, though, I was given no work; my services apparently were no longer needed.

I fear the benefits of dramatically improved testing capacity will be wasted unless it is a part of a coordinated national testing strategy. My recommendations to support a national plan were met with a tepid response. In an administration that suffers from widespread internal chaos, such coordination may be impossible — especially when the White House has seemed determined to slow down testing and not test people who might have asymptomatic infections.

From the beginning of the coronavirus outbreak, the administration’s failure to respond with a coordinated strategy only heightened the danger. Now the nation, and the world, are in the worst public health crisis in over a century. More than 1 million people worldwide have died from the pandemic; more than 211,000 Americans are dead. More than half of the states in this country are reporting rising covid-19 cases. Nine months into the pandemic, the United States continues to grapple with failed White House leadership. Instead, we get the recent spectacle of the president exploiting his own illness for political purposes and advising the nation, “Don’t be afraid of Covid.” Ironically, he was only able to leave the hospital after receiving two treatments that I had pushed for in January.

Meanwhile, there is still no coordinated national strategy to end the pandemic. Federal agencies, staffed with some of the best scientists in the world, continue to be politicized, manipulated and ignored.

The country is flying blind into what could be the darkest winter in modern history. Undoubtedly, millions more Americans will be infected with the coronavirus and influenza; many thousands will die. Now, more than ever before, the public needs to be able to rely on honest, non-politicized and unmanipulated public health guidance from career scientists."
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:26 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:22 pm That article was from eight years ago, right after the 2012 election. It has long been debunked around these parts.

I guess The Philadelphia Enquirer didn't get the message that you debunked the story since their story is still alive and online, as well as hundreds of other liberal websites. You should complain to Google.
It seems to me I already posted this once. Maybe not.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... election-/
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:32 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:26 pm

It seems to me I already posted this once. Maybe not.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... election-/

That article doesn't say what you think it says. It simply come sup with reasons for Romney getting zero votes. It does NOT diffuse the allegation.

Again, how much scratch did it cost?
njbill

Post by njbill »

It says there was no fraud.

I think you know the reason why Romney got no votes.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:35 pm It says there was no fraud.

"Pants on Fire", but that's our Petey.
ggait

Post by ggait »

was he masked up? without looking, i'm gonna go ahead assume nd students need to be in all kinds of places.
ND, like most colleges, has super extensive anti-Covid restrictions in place. Locked all students in their dorm rooms for two weeks at one point. No mask for Jenkins or Barrett (who still teaches at ND Law) indoors or outside. Blatant violation of the measures required for students and staff.

Like many before them, they screwed up by trusting that Trump and the WH would do the right/smart thing.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:00 pm
was he masked up? without looking, i'm gonna go ahead assume nd students need to be in all kinds of places.
ND, like most colleges, has super extensive anti-Covid restrictions in place. Locked all students in their dorm rooms for two weeks at one point. No mask for Jenkins or Barrett (who still teaches at ND Law) indoors or outside. Blatant violation of the measures required for students and staff.

Like many before them, they screwed up by trusting that Trump and the WH would do the right/smart thing.
Trump said “trust me”....
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:58 pm

Yes I’m dead. Politifact says there was no fraud in a 20,000 to 0 vote. Georgie Soros, TB Times, and Pierre O are down the middle guys always dedicated to the truth, non partisans we swear. :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Philly went 589K Obama to 96.5K Romney.

Gee, the black guy won... :roll:

But Romney did get more than 96,000 votes out of Philadelphia.
Trump might do better, as Obama's not on the ballot...and he did pull almost 109,000 votes in 2016.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:00 pm

as i don't really know what the last point about trust means to reply, i'll just say this... it's not a new point that you can't have rules for thee and not for me. well, actually you can, just expect there could be blowback. trump, many other public figures are evidence of that this year, but for how long and deep always depends on the news cycle and your juice.

his actions make it pretty plausible that this wasn't a one day thing. even if it were, i hear the virus is pretty small. and fairly transmissable. he made his own call, and trust or not he decided to override directives. live with choice.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Tennessee Titans have a handful of positive Covid tests on their team. But continue to hold secret practices/workouts after NFL shuts them down.
23 players now confirmed positive.

Calls now for the Titans to forfeit this weekend's game against the Bills and possibly the whole season...

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020 ... d-workout/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:58 pm

... Goebbels is an advocate of "zombie memes".
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:22 pm Tennessee Titans have a handful of positive Covid tests on their team. But continue to hold secret practices/workouts after NFL shuts them down.

Calls now for the Titans to forfeit this weekend's game against the Bills and possibly the whole season...

would be shocked if they had a team forfeit the season. not unless and until things get out of control. draft picks and this week's game makes sense. chuckled at spygate being included in the pantheon.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:39 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:22 pm Tennessee Titans have a handful of positive Covid tests on their team. But continue to hold secret practices/workouts after NFL shuts them down.

would be shocked if they had a team forfeit the season. not unless and until things get out of control. draft picks and this week's game makes sense. chuckled at spygate being included in the pantheon.
I would love for them to be shutdown for the rest of the season and then have to draft at the bottom of the draft order.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:39 pm

23 players is a lot on a 55 man roster.

They have already delayed one game. Another would be brutal to the league and schedules.

This story makes it out that the Titans players were mostly unaware of the restrictions:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/300 ... l-workouts

So if that's the case, this sits on ownership, and Vrabel.

Return to “POLITICS”