2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:02 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:51 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:30 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:28 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:07 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:52 am
CU88 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:43 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:28 am i have a question.

polling places. we wait in line, get bombarded by last minute propaganda... everything's masked up. hand over id. i'm assuming there's no request to take masks off to verify? what are they going by do we think? height and weight? hair color? if you wanted to try, would eye color escape the poll volunteer?

on a related note... given the above and the state of the economy, why haven't we seen more bank robberies? business should be boomin'.
Just curious, what state are you voting in that requires an ID?

Here in MD I don't need an ID at the Voting Booth.

I have filed out my Mail in Ballot, but am going to hold on to it for now. Early voting in person starts on the 26th and I am thinking that I will try to vote in person then, if lines are crazy long, I will just drop of ballot at Drop Box.
evidently mine doesn't. they have asked in the past (maybe not every time?), and i give them one. but evidently i don't have to give them one. maybe it's easier to look up that way? not sure how else it's verified... just ask name and confirm address?

i was speaking to the states that do require it. which isn't a ton.
You ever show up and were told that you had already voted?
no. did that happen to you?
No. I am wonder who has ever shown up and were told they already voted or was called subsequent to an election and told they voted more than once. It’s a huge problem.
:D
In Maryland, when we check in to vote in-person, they check the registry to confirm our name and address...and whether a vote has already been cast in our name/address...which of course is extremely rare.

Of course, that's what Trump has actually told his voters to do, vote twice, and "test" the system...that could indeed be a pain in the neck for the workers at the polls.

If the vote by mail has not yet been registered as cast, given that it's not yet been opened much less counted, the register is supposed to indicate that a mail in ballot had been requested (here in Maryland) and thus a provisional ballot is required on Election Day rather than the regular process. That makes it easier to be sure there are not multiple votes cast by the same person. Any duplicates can be examined for authenticity. That likely happens (someone can't remember if they mailed it or are worried they mailed too late etc), but very infrequently overall. And easy to check.

I'm not sure how the unrequested mail-in ballots are handled such that the register doesn't indicate that a provisional is needed, but I assume there's a process of comparing votes made by mail with those in-person to identify any duplicates...perhaps one of the folks from a state that has routinely done it that way can enlighten us on that process, but it's certainly doable. Certainly never previously been a major issue in those states.
I forgot Trump told his subjects to vote twice.
Then that has to make it legal right? By order of the POTUS... ;)
He is the Burgermeister Meisterburger.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:03 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:01 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:00 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:48 am Rasmussen with a new national poll:

Biden 52%
Trump 40%

Likely voters, taken 9/30-10/6.

These are the guys who generally have a very R lean. Trump is in deep doo-doo at this point.
No wonder Trump is hiding under the bed in the WH residence.

BTW, where’s Waldo? No proof of life video in almost 40 hours.

Has he dropped out of the race?
there was an all caps tweet with multiple spelling errors this morning.
i don't think we need a video.
How do you know it was him? Maybe a coked up Don Junior got ahold of his phone.
impossible. donnie's been banned bc he thinks dad's been reckless lately.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

When watching the debate, consider. Sen. Harris will need a plexiglass shield to protect herself from the head of the Coronavirus Task Force.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

... Joe is not perfect, but you really don't understand the man. Sure the dems would have the power, but Joe will not run wildly over the republicans. It is not his style. He is well into his 70s, he is not going to change. He will receive a lot of complaints from those in his own party, including me.
This fear from the righties is just so irrational and overblown. We've heard it constantly since Newt/1994 and it just doesn't happen. No matter how many times Hannity says otherwise.

Clinton and Obama were to the right of Nixon. Like how Obama went full Trotskey and used all his political capital to enact...RomneyCare!!! And we will toggle back to divided government soon enough -- we always do. Good thing is that debt/deficits go DOWN when Dems hold the WH. Mostly because they stop cutting our low taxes even lower.

The basic problem in USA politics today is not that one party goes crazy and implementing its extreme agenda. It is that we go years and years without solving major issues. Since the power toggles back and forth, it is always easier to flame the other side and wait for the pendulum to come back your way. So there's no incentive to actually work with the other side. The real problem is that DC does too little, not too much. USA, at this point ultra-polarized point, is close to ungovernable.

FYI, the guy Joe really owes post-election is Jim Clyburn. Not Bernie or AOC.

:roll:
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:16 pm This fear from the righties is just so irrational and overblown. We've heard it constantly since Newt/1994 and it just doesn't happen.
They're gonna take our guns!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

ggait wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:16 pm The basic problem in USA politics today is not that one party goes crazy and implementing its extreme agenda. It is that we go years and years without solving major issues.
Bingo.

Every other 1st world nation has fixed their major problems. No, they're not perfect, but they have actually gotten things done.

We are falling behind them in every possible social metric.....health care, literacy, infant mortality, upward mobility, and on and on and on.

And nope, i don't think Biden will lift a finger to fix these things, either.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:04 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:02 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:51 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:30 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:28 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:07 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:52 am
CU88 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:43 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:28 am i have a question.

polling places. we wait in line, get bombarded by last minute propaganda... everything's masked up. hand over id. i'm assuming there's no request to take masks off to verify? what are they going by do we think? height and weight? hair color? if you wanted to try, would eye color escape the poll volunteer?

on a related note... given the above and the state of the economy, why haven't we seen more bank robberies? business should be boomin'.
Just curious, what state are you voting in that requires an ID?

Here in MD I don't need an ID at the Voting Booth.

I have filed out my Mail in Ballot, but am going to hold on to it for now. Early voting in person starts on the 26th and I am thinking that I will try to vote in person then, if lines are crazy long, I will just drop of ballot at Drop Box.
evidently mine doesn't. they have asked in the past (maybe not every time?), and i give them one. but evidently i don't have to give them one. maybe it's easier to look up that way? not sure how else it's verified... just ask name and confirm address?

i was speaking to the states that do require it. which isn't a ton.
You ever show up and were told that you had already voted?
no. did that happen to you?
No. I am wonder who has ever shown up and were told they already voted or was called subsequent to an election and told they voted more than once. It’s a huge problem.
:D
In Maryland, when we check in to vote in-person, they check the registry to confirm our name and address...and whether a vote has already been cast in our name/address...which of course is extremely rare.

Of course, that's what Trump has actually told his voters to do, vote twice, and "test" the system...that could indeed be a pain in the neck for the workers at the polls.

If the vote by mail has not yet been registered as cast, given that it's not yet been opened much less counted, the register is supposed to indicate that a mail in ballot had been requested (here in Maryland) and thus a provisional ballot is required on Election Day rather than the regular process. That makes it easier to be sure there are not multiple votes cast by the same person. Any duplicates can be examined for authenticity. That likely happens (someone can't remember if they mailed it or are worried they mailed too late etc), but very infrequently overall. And easy to check.

I'm not sure how the unrequested mail-in ballots are handled such that the register doesn't indicate that a provisional is needed, but I assume there's a process of comparing votes made by mail with those in-person to identify any duplicates...perhaps one of the folks from a state that has routinely done it that way can enlighten us on that process, but it's certainly doable. Certainly never previously been a major issue in those states.
I forgot Trump told his subjects to vote twice.
Then that has to make it legal right? By order of the POTUS... ;)
He is the Burgermeister Meisterburger.
Great, now I have a hankering for a burger with muenster cheese...thanks TLD.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Fivethirtyeight.com now has the election edge to Biden as:

Chance to win (40000x simulations): Biden 83%, Trump 17%.

Was closer to 70/30 just a few weeks ago.

Might even get wider, now that Trump has bought into McConnell's argument that no stimulus Nancy would agree to can pass the Senate. What is probably happening is that the Rs see the handwriting on the wall, and both the Senate and the presidency are heading for defeat. Get the SC nominee seated before the election, and gum up the works for Biden so he cannot accomplish anything easily...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The New York Times' report on Donald Trump's taxes show that Trump took tax deductions totaling $70,000 for haircuts. As people are starting to dig deeper into his returns, this deduction stood out like a bad combover. Why? Well, to start, in 2011 the U.S. Tax Court ruled in the case of a news anchor on a television station in Ohio that even on-air personnel may not deduct hair-care expenses, despite their employer requiring on-air personnel to look good. Based on that ruling, and also a similar one in 1980, it is clear that such a deduction is not allowed.

But it gets worse. Typically contracts with television stars state that the stars are expected to have outside personnel handle their hair and makeup. The star pays them and is then reimbursed by the network. This is to get around rules requiring the network to use union members. A star of Trump's magnitude would certainly have a clause like that in his contract. That means Trump was almost certainly reimbursed for hair-management costs and he deducted it anyway. Deducting even a legitimate business cost for which you have been reimbursed is a federal crime. Deducting a personal expense for which you have been reimbursed is even worse.
... comparatively a small thing, but it just goes to his character. No "cheat" is too small for this man!
njbill

Post by njbill »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:47 pm Republican donors giving up on Orange Duce.
Wouldn’t you if the Mad King was holding a super spreader event to try to shoehorn money out of you?

How many of the Republican donors at Trump’s Bedminster event have asked for their money back? Is it double digits yet?
a fan

Post by a fan »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:45 pm Might even get wider, now that Trump has bought into McConnell's argument that no stimulus Nancy would agree to can pass the Senate.
Dumb move. Before, they could blame the impasse on Congress.

Now, millions of out of work Americans know who cut off their help. Trump. And these Americans don't have anything to do now.....makes voting a lot easier.

Republican consultants have to be going out of their minds. Good luck in three weeks, I guess. Hope for the best.
njbill

Post by njbill »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:00 pm this deduction stood out like a bad combover.
:lol:
It would be sweet justice, wouldn’t it, if The Donald went to jail for deducting hairstyling expenses?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:00 pm
The New York Times' report on Donald Trump's taxes show that Trump took tax deductions totaling $70,000 for haircuts. As people are starting to dig deeper into his returns, this deduction stood out like a bad combover. Why? Well, to start, in 2011 the U.S. Tax Court ruled in the case of a news anchor on a television station in Ohio that even on-air personnel may not deduct hair-care expenses, despite their employer requiring on-air personnel to look good. Based on that ruling, and also a similar one in 1980, it is clear that such a deduction is not allowed.

But it gets worse. Typically contracts with television stars state that the stars are expected to have outside personnel handle their hair and makeup. The star pays them and is then reimbursed by the network. This is to get around rules requiring the network to use union members. A star of Trump's magnitude would certainly have a clause like that in his contract. That means Trump was almost certainly reimbursed for hair-management costs and he deducted it anyway. Deducting even a legitimate business cost for which you have been reimbursed is a federal crime. Deducting a personal expense for which you have been reimbursed is even worse.
... comparatively a small thing, but it just goes to his character. No "cheat" is too small for this man!
Corrupt to the core.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:45 pm Fivethirtyeight.com now has the election edge to Biden as:

Chance to win (40000x simulations): Biden 83%, Trump 17%.

Was closer to 70/30 just a few weeks ago.

Might even get wider, now that Trump has bought into McConnell's argument that no stimulus Nancy would agree to can pass the Senate. What is probably happening is that the Rs see the handwriting on the wall, and both the Senate and the presidency are heading for defeat. Get the SC nominee seated before the election, and gum up the works for Biden so he cannot accomplish anything easily...
538 is currently showing Biden likely to win the EC - 339 to 199
ElectoralVote.com is showing Biden currently winning EC - 350 to 164 with 24 too close to call (Iowa and Ohio)

In 2016 Hillary was never ever showing projections like these.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:15 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:00 pm this deduction stood out like a bad combover.
:lol:
It would be sweet justice, wouldn’t it, if The Donald went to jail for deducting hairstyling expenses?
There is no doubt they have him dead on this. Those emails, notes between Trump and accountant are going to show the accountant warning DJT that this is an illegal deduction, and DJT saying go ahead and take it. At least that's how it would have to work between myself and my accountant.

... or maybe his accountant doesn't mind taking the fall. :lol:
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:21 pmAnd nope, i don't think Biden will lift a finger to fix these things, either.
A bit unfair...no?

Obama "lifted a finger" with the ACA and a few other things and Mitch "Make Him A One Term President BY Denying Him any Legislative Success" McConnell saw to it that the tyranny of the minority prevailed. He blew up the "elections have consequences" canard the frothy rigntwingnuts want to constantly bring up now.

There is little doubt in my mind that given the chance, there will AT LEAST be a public option put on the table by a new administration...something the nation evidently would like to see...emphasis on "option"...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:16 pm
... Joe is not perfect, but you really don't understand the man. Sure the dems would have the power, but Joe will not run wildly over the republicans. It is not his style. He is well into his 70s, he is not going to change. He will receive a lot of complaints from those in his own party, including me.
This fear from the righties is just so irrational and overblown. We've heard it constantly since Newt/1994 and it just doesn't happen. No matter how many times Hannity says otherwise.

Clinton and Obama were to the right of Nixon. Like how Obama went full Trotskey and used all his political capital to enact...RomneyCare!!! And we will toggle back to divided government soon enough -- we always do. Good thing is that debt/deficits go DOWN when Dems hold the WH. Mostly because they stop cutting our low taxes even lower.

The basic problem in USA politics today is not that one party goes crazy and implementing its extreme agenda. It is that we go years and years without solving major issues. Since the power toggles back and forth, it is always easier to flame the other side and wait for the pendulum to come back your way. So there's no incentive to actually work with the other side. The real problem is that DC does too little, not too much. USA, at this point ultra-polarized point, is close to ungovernable.

How could I ever have thought otherwise? You all FLP folks are really just a misunderstood little harmless ole bunch of fuzzballs. :)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

How could I ever have thought otherwise? You all FLP folks are really just a misunderstood little harmless ole bunch of fuzzballs. :)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:24 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:21 pmAnd nope, i don't think Biden will lift a finger to fix these things, either.
A bit unfair...no?

Obama "lifted a finger" with the ACA and a few other things and Mitch "Make Him A One Term President BY Denying Him any Legislative Success" McConnell saw to it that the tyranny of the minority prevailed. He blew up the "elections have consequences" canard the frothy rigntwingnuts want to constantly bring up now.

There is little doubt in my mind that given the chance, there will AT LEAST be a public option put on the table by a new administration...something the nation evidently would like to see...emphasis on "option"...

Would that option be... If you like your doctor.. eff you...you will take the doctor we give you option?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:35 pm

Joe doesn't owe anything to Clyburn...Bloomberg and Bernard Schwartz paid ol' Jim a ton already. I'm betting ol' Jim has a sweet new pad being built as we speak.

Remember that next time you run a bond yield analysis on that Bloomberg terminal; you actually paid for Joe.

Return to “POLITICS”