2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:05 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:16 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:09 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:26 am ... the panic is palpable ...
Indeed.
Even more so if Joe loses. Tall buildings will have to lock the doors to their roofs to stop all of those FLP jumpers.
If Joe wins..the country is saved and we can all live happily ever after... The End :)
works for me.

Wall Street even thinks it will be good for the economy if it's a Blue sweep.

I'm just looking for a semblance of civility and decency, plus some common sense and basic competence.

The Biden Administration will be far, far from perfect, but we'll be a heck of a lot closer to what I'm looking for than under this corrupt, incompetent Trump Administration.

The Biden Administration will be far, far from perfect, but we'll be a heck of a lot closer to what I'm looking for than under this corrupt, incompetent Trump Administration.

"The Biden Administration will be far, far from perfect, but we'll be a heck of a lot closer to what I'm looking for than under this corrupt, incompetent Trump Administration."

That depends on whether the Dems control both the Congress and the Senate. That makes for a completely different Biden administration. Joe wont have to play nice with the Republicans about anything. If ACB gets her SCOTUS seat the long knives will come out in the Democrat party. I think you see a different version of the democrat party than you are visualizing right now. They will be unencumbered to do as they please. Joe will have a bunch of IOUs stacked up on his desk demanding payment ASAP.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:07 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:52 am
CU88 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:43 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:28 am i have a question.

polling places. we wait in line, get bombarded by last minute propaganda... everything's masked up. hand over id. i'm assuming there's no request to take masks off to verify? what are they going by do we think? height and weight? hair color? if you wanted to try, would eye color escape the poll volunteer?

on a related note... given the above and the state of the economy, why haven't we seen more bank robberies? business should be boomin'.
Just curious, what state are you voting in that requires an ID?

Here in MD I don't need an ID at the Voting Booth.

I have filed out my Mail in Ballot, but am going to hold on to it for now. Early voting in person starts on the 26th and I am thinking that I will try to vote in person then, if lines are crazy long, I will just drop of ballot at Drop Box.
evidently mine doesn't. they have asked in the past (maybe not every time?), and i give them one. but evidently i don't have to give them one. maybe it's easier to look up that way? not sure how else it's verified... just ask name and confirm address?

i was speaking to the states that do require it. which isn't a ton.
You ever show up and were told that you had already voted?
no. did that happen to you?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:28 am

polling places. we wait in line, get bombarded by last minute propaganda... everything's masked up. hand over id. i'm assuming there's no request to take masks off to verify? what are they going by do we think? height and weight? hair color? if you wanted to try, would eye color escape the poll volunteer?

on a related note... given the above and the state of the economy, why haven't we seen more bank robberies? business should be boomin'.

I have filed out my Mail in Ballot, but am going to hold on to it for now. Early voting in person starts on the 26th and I am thinking that I will try to vote in person then, if lines are crazy long, I will just drop of ballot at Drop Box.
evidently mine doesn't. they have asked in the past (maybe not every time?), and i give them one. but evidently i don't have to give them one. maybe it's easier to look up that way? not sure how else it's verified... just ask name and confirm address?

No. I am wonder who has ever shown up and were told they already voted or was called subsequent to an election and told they voted more than once. It’s a huge problem.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:21 am
Indeed.
Even more so if Joe loses. Tall buildings will have to lock the doors to their roofs to stop all of those FLP jumpers.
If Joe wins..the country is saved and we can all live happily ever after... The End :)
works for me.

I'm just looking for a semblance of civility and decency, plus some common sense and basic competence.

"The Biden Administration will be far, far from perfect, but we'll be a heck of a lot closer to what I'm looking for than under this corrupt, incompetent Trump Administration."

That depends on whether the Dems control both the Congress and the Senate. That makes for a completely different Biden administration. Joe wont have to play nice with the Republicans about anything. If ACB gets her SCOTUS seat the long knives will come out in the Democrat party. I think you see a different version of the democrat party than you are visualizing right now. They will be unencumbered to do as they please. Joe will have a bunch of IOUs stacked up on his desk demanding payment ASAP.

... Joe is not perfect, but you really don't understand the man. Sure the dems would have the power, but Joe will not run wildly over the republicans. It is not his style. He is well into his 70s, he is not going to change. He will receive a lot of complaints from those in his own party, including me.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Indeed.
works for me.

Ohh, I agree. I've called it a "whirlwind" of reciprocity coming, especially if Barrett is jammed through as expected, and there's a Blue sweep, and I believe most of that 'whirlwind' will be deemed justifiable by the majority of the American public.

But the tone will be markedly different and I think the Biden Administration will be full of serious, competent folks who are actually trying to manage government not tear it apart.

Joe, as the primary spokesperson for the government, will continue to speak to unity and working for all Americans, not just Blue Americans, Blue states. And I believe that's genuine.

Tone matters, as does honesty and competence.

Of course, the Dems could overplay their hand, and perhaps will eventually do so down the line, but I think Joe's going to keep an even keel on it. Too much important to get done, beginning with the virus and the economy, to let the far left foul it up out of the chute.

But sure, do expect a lot of progressive policies to be enacted. That'll keep the progressive wing very busy.

And there certainly will lots of howling and gnashing of teeth from the GOP...but hopefully there will also be some serious re-thinking of the demographic and credibility box they've put themselves in with Trumpism.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:30 am

No. I am wonder who has ever shown up and were told they already voted or was called subsequent to an election and told they voted more than once. It’s a huge problem.
i'm not sure asking just me helped you answer it?

i would imagine that'd be the one check we should have down pat at this point, with computers and all.
but i have no idea.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Rasmussen with a new national poll:

Biden 52%
Trump 40%

Likely voters, taken 9/30-10/6.

These are the guys who generally have a very R lean. Trump is in deep doo-doo at this point.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:33 am
Indeed.
works for me.

... Joe is not perfect, but you really don't understand the man. Sure the dems would have the power, but Joe will not run wildly over the republicans. It is not his style. He is well into his 70s, he is not going to change. He will receive a lot of complaints from those in his own party, including me.
I disagree. Too many IOUs to be cashed in and a whole lotta people in his party looking for some serious payback against the republicans. I agree it is not Joe's style, but it is the style of a large number of people that support him. If Joe can keep them at bay then all will be good. I don't think he can do that though. There are too many democrats out there looking for revenge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:D
In Maryland, when we check in to vote in-person, they check the registry to confirm our name and address...and whether a vote has already been cast in our name/address...which of course is extremely rare.

Of course, that's what Trump has actually told his voters to do, vote twice, and "test" the system...that could indeed be a pain in the neck for the workers at the polls.

If the vote by mail has not yet been registered as cast, given that it's not yet been opened much less counted, the register is supposed to indicate that a mail in ballot had been requested (here in Maryland) and thus a provisional ballot is required on Election Day rather than the regular process. That makes it easier to be sure there are not multiple votes cast by the same person. Any duplicates can be examined for authenticity. That likely happens (someone can't remember if they mailed it or are worried they mailed too late etc), but very infrequently overall. And easy to check.

I'm not sure how the unrequested mail-in ballots are handled such that the register doesn't indicate that a provisional is needed, but I assume there's a process of comparing votes made by mail with those in-person to identify any duplicates...perhaps one of the folks from a state that has routinely done it that way can enlighten us on that process, but it's certainly doable. Certainly never previously been a major issue in those states.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:37 am

i would imagine that'd be the one check we should have down pat at this point, with computers and all.
but i have no idea.
No. Just wondering if it has happened to you because you mentioned the mask. I would like to see a survey. I always assumed my idea was just used to confirm my address. Not sure they look at the ID and my face like TA officers at the airport or a bank teller.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:48 am Rasmussen with a new national poll:

Biden 52%
Trump 40%

These are the guys who generally have a very R lean. Trump is in deep doo-doo at this point.

I don’t think you nor anyone really understands just how few Republicans participate in polls any longer. You might learn a little the morning of 11-4. Maybe.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Indeed.
works for me.

Very good post.

But we all know what they’d do. They’ve already told you. Why won’t Joe reveal whom he’d like on the court? IOU
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Rasmussen has Trump down by 12 nationally today.

CNBC swing state polls today

MI: Biden 51, Trump 43
WI: Biden 51, Trump 44
AZ: Biden 51, Trump 45
FL: Biden 50, Trump 46
PA: Biden 50, Trump 46
NC: Biden 49, Trump 47

50% or above in 6/7 swing states.

Quinnipiac also released today

PENNSYLVANIA
Biden 54% (+13)
Trump 41%
FLORIDA
Biden 51% (+11)
Trump 40%
IOWA
Biden 50% (+5)
Trump 45%

If these trends continue looking at LANDSLIDE numbers

In the Senate, Cook just reclassed SC to toss-up from Lean Republican. Dem candidates within the margin of error in AK, GA (both races), MS and TX.
Dems UP in CO, IA, KS and ME

Tsunami warning coming soon. :shock:

This one is for Kramerica - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/mattdanzico/status/ ... 9247754240

New England Journal of Medicine editorial entitled "Dying in a Leadership Vacuum"

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2029812

Does not endorse Biden but calls for the current administration to be voted out in November

"Covid-19 has created a crisis throughout the world. This crisis has produced a test of leadership. With no good options to combat a novel pathogen, countries were forced to make hard choices about how to respond. Here in the United States, our leaders have failed that test. They have taken a crisis and turned it into a tragedy.

Anyone else who recklessly squandered lives and money in this way would be suffering legal consequences. Our leaders have largely claimed immunity for their actions. But this election gives us the power to render judgment. Reasonable people will certainly disagree about the many political positions taken by candidates. But truth is neither liberal nor conservative. When it comes to the response to the largest public health crisis of our time, our current political leaders have demonstrated that they are dangerously incompetent. We should not abet them and enable the deaths of thousands more Americans by allowing them to keep their jobs."
Last edited by Kismet on Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:51 am

In Maryland, when we check in to vote in-person, they check the registry to confirm our name and address...and whether a vote has already been cast in our name/address...which of course is extremely rare.

Of course, that's what Trump has actually told his voters to do, vote twice, and "test" the system...that could indeed be a pain in the neck for the workers at the polls.

If the vote by mail has not yet been registered as cast, given that it's not yet been opened much less counted, the register is supposed to indicate that a mail in ballot had been requested (here in Maryland) and thus a provisional ballot is required on Election Day rather than the regular process. That makes it easier to be sure there are not multiple votes cast by the same person. Any duplicates can be examined for authenticity. That likely happens (someone can't remember if they mailed it or are worried they mailed too late etc), but very infrequently overall. And easy to check.

I'm not sure how the unrequested mail-in ballots are handled such that the register doesn't indicate that a provisional is needed, but I assume there's a process of comparing votes made by mail with those in-person to identify any duplicates...perhaps one of the folks from a state that has routinely done it that way can enlighten us on that process, but it's certainly doable. Certainly never previously been a major issue in those states.
I forgot Trump told his subjects to vote twice.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:52 am

but i have no idea.
No. Just wondering if it has happened to you because you mentioned the mask. I would like to see a survey.
never worn a mask to an election before. i doubt many have. sorry, i don't get the connection.

as i said, i'd imagine the one computer check that's mostly universal is that if a vote is counted... at the booth or mail in, that a name gets checked off.

north carolina might be the litmus test for that.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Biden 52%
Trump 40%

No wonder Trump is hiding under the bed in the WH residence.

BTW, where’s Waldo? No proof of life video in almost 40 hours.

Has he dropped out of the race?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Biden 52%
Trump 40%

there was an all caps tweet with multiple spelling errors this morning.
i don't think we need a video.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:51 am

I forgot Trump told his subjects to vote twice.
Then that has to make it legal right? By order of the POTUS... ;)
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:58 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:52 am

but i have no idea.
No. Just wondering if it has happened to you because you mentioned the mask. I would like to see a survey.
never worn a mask to an election before. i doubt many have. sorry, i don't get the connection.

as i said, i'd imagine the one computer check that's mostly universal is that if a vote is counted... at the booth or mail in, that a name gets checked off.

north carolina might be the litmus test for that.
I may have read what wasn’t there. I edited my response above and crossed posts. I was just wondering if the mask was going to lead to potentially more in person voter fraud ( I may have read into your post and assumed that’s what you were thinking) and was seeing what the base line was based on past incidences so I just asked. Someone could have voted in your place before without a mask.
njbill

Post by njbill »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:01 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Biden 52%
Trump 40%

there was an all caps tweet with multiple spelling errors this morning.
i don't think we need a video.
How do you know it was him? Maybe a coked up Don Junior got ahold of his phone.

Return to “POLITICS”