2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by CU88 »

I’m truly in awe watching the master of the Art of the Deal at work.

Negotiating with himself, late into the night on twitter while on mania inducing drugs. Who knows what his next offer will be.

I’m on the edge of my seat...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
njbill

Post by njbill »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:41 am Joe Biden NEVER got more than 3% of the democrat vote in previous runs for the Presidency.
Wanna bet on what percentage of the vote Joe will get on November 3?

Didn’t think so.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:23 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:41 am Joe Biden NEVER got more than 3% of the democrat vote in previous runs for the Presidency.

Didn’t think so.

The media and you are wildly overinflating Joe's turnout as well as his net number.

I keep warning my lib friends: be careful spiking that football. 100% of the energy is with Trump's side...and it's showing up in some unusual states.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i have a question.

polling places. we wait in line, get bombarded by last minute propaganda... everything's masked up. hand over id. i'm assuming there's no request to take masks off to verify? what are they going by do we think? height and weight? hair color? if you wanted to try, would eye color escape the poll volunteer?

on a related note... given the above and the state of the economy, why haven't we seen more bank robberies? business should be boomin'.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:28 am i have a question.

polling places. we wait in line, get bombarded by last minute propaganda... everything's masked up. hand over id. i'm assuming there's no request to take masks off to verify? what are they going by do we think? height and weight? hair color? if you wanted to try, would eye color escape the poll volunteer?

on a related note... given the above and the state of the economy, why haven't we seen more bank robberies? business should be boomin'.

It will be open season to cheat at voting this year because of masks. Everyone is well aware. Most states don't require ID anyway; the masks merely mean that the scofflaws can't be caught at all.

Look for close states like Ohio and PA, AZ and MN, FL and NC for fairly widespread cheating. By one side only, of course.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:44 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:40 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:45 am
CU88 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:37 am General Michael Hayden is a retired four-star general who served as Director of the CIA under President Bush. He, more than maybe anybody, understands the threats that America faces if we allow Trump four more years.

"I absolutely disagree with some of Biden's policies, but that's not important. What's important is the United States, and I'm supporting Joe Biden. Biden is a good man. Donald Trump is not."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi94gpFNgv8
Robert Gates on Joe Biden

"I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”
He also said Trump's use of the military as a prop leads the pack...guess you missed that.
Military as a prop? He's infused two trillion into the military
Yes....read his quote.

BFD...it's all borrowed and we're not a war.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The gray revolt against Trump

President Trump is losing his fellow baby boomers. Their turnabout is the central reason he trails Joe Biden by a substantial — and apparently growing — margin.

Four years ago, Trump handily won his own generation, which is generally defined as being born between 1946 and 1964, while losing every younger generation. The Pew Research Center estimates that Trump beat Hillary Clinton by nine percentage points among voters 65 and older.

The latest polls this year show a radically different situation. A CNN poll released yesterday found Biden leading Trump by 21 points — 60 percent to 39 percent — among likely voters 65 and older. An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Sunday found an even bigger gap: 27 points. Dave Wasserman of The Cook Political Report calls it “the ‘gray revolt’ against Trump.”

Why is it happening? Older Americans began to drift away from Trump even before the coronavirus. Some don’t like his “chaotic and unconventional presidency,” as Ella Nilsen of Vox points out. Others may be more open to supporting Biden than Clinton — given his gender and what polls show to be his lower negativity ratings and less liberal image. Baby boomers also have experience living in a less polarized country, when vote switching was more common.

But the virus seems to be a factor, too. Many older Americans understand that other countries have handled the virus better than the U.S. They are tired of the restrictions of pandemic life. And many boomers are afraid — for good reason, given that about 150,000 of the 210,000 confirmed U.S. virus deaths have occurred among people 65 or older.

There are only two age groups that continue to support Trump, according to Times polls conducted over the past month. The first is a narrow slice of people older than baby boomers, typically in their late 70s, who have long been conservative. The second is a group of middle-aged people who include the youngest boomers and the oldest members of Generation X:

The middle-aged group is less vulnerable to the disease than people over 65 (although they’re still vulnerable). The group is also more conservative than people under 40. Its members came of age during Jimmy Carter’s unsuccessful presidency, Ronald Reagan’s two terms in office and the U.S. triumph in the Cold War. My colleague (and fellow Generation Xer) Ross Douthat goes into more depth on conservative Xers here.

But winning only a couple of slices of the country’s age spectrum isn’t enough to win a presidential election. The CNN and NBC polls both showed Trump trailing by double digits nationwide. New polls yesterday showed him losing in Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Trump keeps telling people that the virus is not as bad as they’ve heard. Older Americans aren’t buying it.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

CU88 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:40 am The gray revolt against Trump

President Trump is losing his fellow baby boomers. Their turnabout is the central reason he trails Joe Biden by a substantial — and apparently growing — margin.

Four years ago, Trump handily won his own generation, which is generally defined as being born between 1946 and 1964, while losing every younger generation. The Pew Research Center estimates that Trump beat Hillary Clinton by nine percentage points among voters 65 and older.

The latest polls this year show a radically different situation. A CNN poll released yesterday found Biden leading Trump by 21 points — 60 percent to 39 percent — among likely voters 65 and older. An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Sunday found an even bigger gap: 27 points. Dave Wasserman of The Cook Political Report calls it “the ‘gray revolt’ against Trump.”

Why is it happening? Older Americans began to drift away from Trump even before the coronavirus. Some don’t like his “chaotic and unconventional presidency,” as Ella Nilsen of Vox points out. Others may be more open to supporting Biden than Clinton — given his gender and what polls show to be his lower negativity ratings and less liberal image. Baby boomers also have experience living in a less polarized country, when vote switching was more common.

But the virus seems to be a factor, too. Many older Americans understand that other countries have handled the virus better than the U.S. They are tired of the restrictions of pandemic life. And many boomers are afraid — for good reason, given that about 150,000 of the 210,000 confirmed U.S. virus deaths have occurred among people 65 or older.

There are only two age groups that continue to support Trump, according to Times polls conducted over the past month. The first is a narrow slice of people older than baby boomers, typically in their late 70s, who have long been conservative. The second is a group of middle-aged people who include the youngest boomers and the oldest members of Generation X:

The middle-aged group is less vulnerable to the disease than people over 65 (although they’re still vulnerable). The group is also more conservative than people under 40. Its members came of age during Jimmy Carter’s unsuccessful presidency, Ronald Reagan’s two terms in office and the U.S. triumph in the Cold War. My colleague (and fellow Generation Xer) Ross Douthat goes into more depth on conservative Xers here.

But winning only a couple of slices of the country’s age spectrum isn’t enough to win a presidential election. The CNN and NBC polls both showed Trump trailing by double digits nationwide. New polls yesterday showed him losing in Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Trump keeps telling people that the virus is not as bad as they’ve heard. Older Americans aren’t buying it.
Elderly, obese, out of shape Drumpf should be between the Covid crosshairs, one would think.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Just curious, what state are you voting in that requires an ID?

Here in MD I don't need an ID at the Voting Booth.

I have filed out my Mail in Ballot, but am going to hold on to it for now. Early voting in person starts on the 26th and I am thinking that I will try to vote in person then, if lines are crazy long, I will just drop of ballot at Drop Box.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:42 am
CU88 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:40 am The gray revolt against Trump

Elderly, obese, out of shape Drumpf should be between the Covid crosshairs, one would think.
I should know better than getting out my tinfoil hat; but I am starting to think that his CV+ is a ruse.

He needed to change the media focus from his tax situation and that horrible debate.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU88 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:43 am

I have filed out my Mail in Ballot, but am going to hold on to it for now. Early voting in person starts on the 26th and I am thinking that I will try to vote in person then, if lines are crazy long, I will just drop of ballot at Drop Box.
evidently mine doesn't. they have asked in the past (maybe not every time?), and i give them one. but evidently i don't have to give them one. maybe it's easier to look up that way? not sure how else it's verified... just ask name and confirm address?

i was speaking to the states that do require it. which isn't a ton.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:27 am
njbill wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:23 am

Didn’t think so.

The media and you are wildly overinflating Joe's turnout as well as his net number.

I keep warning my lib friends: be careful spiking that football. 100% of the energy is with Trump's side...and it's showing up in some unusual states.
:lol:

Misplaced decimal. You meant 1%.

How’s the packing going?

Have you and your realtor set a price yet, or is your place already on the market?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:16 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:09 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:26 am ... the panic is palpable ...
Indeed.
Even more so if Joe loses. Tall buildings will have to lock the doors to their roofs to stop all of those FLP jumpers.
If Joe wins..the country is saved and we can all live happily ever after... The End :)
works for me.

Wall Street even thinks it will be good for the economy if it's a Blue sweep.

I'm just looking for a semblance of civility and decency, plus some common sense and basic competence.

The Biden Administration will be far, far from perfect, but we'll be a heck of a lot closer to what I'm looking for than under this corrupt, incompetent Trump Administration.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:52 am

evidently mine doesn't. they have asked in the past (maybe not every time?), and i give them one. but evidently i don't have to give them one. maybe it's easier to look up that way? not sure how else it's verified... just ask name and confirm address?

You ever show up and were told that you had already voted?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... same here! Will then frame the Mail in Ballot.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:07 am

In my county in MD, we are allowed to pick any of over a dozen polling places that we want.

So I guess I can vote one time at each?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:13 am

In my county in MD, we are allowed to pick any of over a dozen polling places that we want.

... I would not advise trying it.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

From the fevered Twitter presence of the president (since deleted) today:
NOW THAT THE RADICAL LEFT DEMOCRATS GOT COUGHT COLD IN THE (NON) FRIENDLY TRANSFER OF GOVERNMENT, IN FACT, THEY SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN AND WENT FOR A COUP, WE ARE ENTITLED TO ASK THE VOTERS FOR FOUR MORE YEARS. PLEASE REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOU VOTE!
Josh Marshall had it summed up right:
desperate and asking for a mulligan very strongly. VERY STRONGLY
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:13 am

Yes. It happens all the time. Have you not seen the data?

It is rampant. You really have to question the validity of the Maryland results

We need to make it harder to vote..just like we need to make it harder to own a gun. The law abiding citizens are just collateral damage.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”